</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Iso box blade
by kntree. 04/25/24 11:31 PM
Leupold vx freedom
by twaldrop4. 04/25/24 09:50 PM
WTB/WTTF Browning MK3 DBM 308
by Sendero558. 04/25/24 07:29 PM
1999 Scout 162 with Yamaha 90 2 stroke
by billrv. 04/25/24 07:02 PM
Christensen Traverse 300 Win Mag
by BPI. 04/25/24 01:37 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
Tdogs mount
by TDog93. 04/21/24 08:10 PM
Taxidermist called
by Mbrock. 04/21/24 04:58 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
Who's Online Now
26 registered members (!shiloh!, Okalona, Tupi, scrape, coosabuckhunter, DuckDown11, PapaD, JCL, Ol' Skinny, Bushmaster, Ron A., woodduck, Crawfish, StateLine, CKyleC, CreekCrosser, ParrotHead89, RidgeRanger, TurkeyJoe, trailmix, brassmagnet, Luxfisher, Swamp Monkey, 3 invisible), 1,137 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: CWD Response Plan [Re: centralala] #2680129
12/22/18 08:03 AM
12/22/18 08:03 AM
Thomasville, AL
H
Hogwild Offline
Booner
Hogwild  Offline
Booner
H
Thomasville, AL
Originally Posted by centralala
Originally Posted by swamp_fever2002
Here something to keep some of you occupied for awhile.

https://www.courts.mo.gov/file.jsp?id=120013

WOW!!! The part about animals and fish being appropriated legally are private property in the legal sense. Is that a Missouri legal sense or a United States legal sense??

If I'm reading it right the Missouri DCNR took it on the chin and had their wings clipped.

Seems Indiana also thinks high fenced deer are private property.
Harrison County Circuit Court Judge John Evans found the DNR overstepped its authority and that deer at facilities such as Bruce’s “are privately owned and not the property of the people of the state of Indiana.”

“Therefore,” the judge wrote, “the animals are not subject to regulation by DNR.”

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local...801-424c-5a11-83e2-bacca78bfd72.amp.html

Sorry to tell those with such high hopes.......but, it did not hold up.

Re: CWD Response Plan [Re: Hogwild] #2680183
12/22/18 09:13 AM
12/22/18 09:13 AM
central ala,
C
centralala Offline
14 point
centralala  Offline
14 point
C
central ala,
Originally Posted by Hogwild

WOW!!! The part about animals and fish being appropriated legally are private property in the legal sense. Is that a Missouri legal sense or a United States legal sense??

If I'm reading it right the Missouri DCNR took it on the chin and had their wings clipped.

Harrison County Circuit Court Judge John Evans found the DNR overstepped its authority and that deer at facilities such as Bruce’s “are privately owned and not the property of the people of the state of Indiana.”

“Therefore,” the judge wrote, “the animals are not subject to regulation by DNR.”

High hopes for what??

Re: CWD Response Plan [Re: centralala] #2680194
12/22/18 09:21 AM
12/22/18 09:21 AM
Thomasville, AL
H
Hogwild Offline
Booner
Hogwild  Offline
Booner
H
Thomasville, AL

High hopes for what??

If you will pay attention, there is a huge resistance to this by owners of High Fence Operations. Read and ask questions for yourself.....to the RIGHT people, not me on a hunting forum.
A lot of the misinformation is originating from the Special Interest of High Fence Owners to help garner support for their cause. The Response Plan is posted. I have seen zero evidence within it of this huge Conspiracy Theory that is floating around of 'killing all the deer'. If someone else has, PLEASE point it out to me. Because I am missing it!

Which I am not sure why??

According to many, our DCNR is Controlled by High Fence Owners. LOL

Re: CWD Response Plan [Re: Mbrock] #2680222
12/22/18 09:51 AM
12/22/18 09:51 AM
central ala,
C
centralala Offline
14 point
centralala  Offline
14 point
C
central ala,
I ain't siding one way or the other. I'm just find some thing I'm seeing as interesting. The salt licks mentioned in Norway i found interesting since I haven't seen them mentioned here. That doesn't make me pro or anti salt licks. Deer in an enclosure not available to the public i didn't like the DCNR spending time and money on. But if what they are doing in an enclosure protects the deer on the outside, I could be swayed the other way. I am not anti DCNR. I am anti Chuck Sykes and that's no secret. You see me posting on this thread a lot because I've been studying on CWD a lot (plus I'm laid up after another neck surgery and can't do anything).

In my reading i am finding some discrepancies between DCNRs on CWD. I'm not talking Alabama. More like Virginia vs. Tenn. or Texas vs. Michigan and so forth.

As far as killing free deer in a 5 mile radius, by the plan is only 1 deer per +- 850 acres. Not bad. By the plan it will be with landowners permission and cooperation. I still can't see the need for a security teams if there is permission and cooperation.

As BhamFred has said, kill'em to save'em. What happens if nothing is done? What has actually happened in an unchecked wild herd? It's been around ,what 50 years? It hasn't killed off a herd that I can find.

If nothing else, CWD has taken the focus of the failure known as GC.

Re: CWD Response Plan [Re: centralala] #2680230
12/22/18 10:05 AM
12/22/18 10:05 AM
A
Atoler Offline
14 point
Atoler  Offline
14 point
A
I ain't siding one way or the other. I'm just find some thing I'm seeing as interesting. The salt licks mentioned in Norway i found interesting since I haven't seen them mentioned here. That doesn't make me pro or anti salt licks. Deer in an enclosure not available to the public i didn't like the DCNR spending time and money on. But if what they are doing in an enclosure protects the deer on the outside, I could be swayed the other way. I am not anti DCNR. I am anti Chuck Sykes and that's no secret. You see me posting on this thread a lot because I've been studying on CWD a lot (plus I'm laid up after another neck surgery and can't do anything).

In my reading i am finding some discrepancies between DCNRs on CWD. I'm not talking Alabama. More like Virginia vs. Tenn. or Texas vs. Michigan and so forth.

As far as killing free deer in a 5 mile radius, by the plan is only 1 deer per +- 850 acres. Not bad. By the plan it will be with landowners permission and cooperation. I still can't see the need for a security teams if there is permission and cooperation.

As BhamFred has said, kill'em to save'em. What happens if nothing is done? What has actually happened in an unchecked wild herd? It's been around ,what 50 years? It hasn't killed off a herd that I can find.

If nothing else, CWD has taken the focus of the failure known as GC.

You just addressed my biggest issue with all this cwd talk. It’s been around a long time in some areas, what are some examples of a major negative impact it’s had on local herds in cwd areas? I guess I just don’t see cause for all the fear, but would love to see some examples. Admittedly, I’m not very well researched on the subject.

Re: CWD Response Plan [Re: Mbrock] #2680232
12/22/18 10:07 AM
12/22/18 10:07 AM
Thomasville, AL
H
Hogwild Offline
Booner
Hogwild  Offline
Booner
H
Thomasville, AL
I honestly think that the greatest concern is cross-species transmission. As in, ‘is it Safe to consume venison from a CWD infected animal?’

While everyone is wailing away about hypothetical Security Teams holding them hostage while Shooting Teams go out and kill all ‘their’ deer; no one is stopping to consider the astronomical cost of testing EVERY deer harvested before consumption. Who is gonna pay for that??? We will, the Alabama Outdoorsmen! It may funnel through DCNR, or maybe USDA. But, they operate off of Tax money that comes from us.
So, while it is fine to scrutinize the Plan; I feel it is absolutely ludicrous and completely selfish to resist efforts to impede the spread of the disease.

Re: CWD Response Plan [Re: Mbrock] #2680244
12/22/18 10:24 AM
12/22/18 10:24 AM
central ala,
C
centralala Offline
14 point
centralala  Offline
14 point
C
central ala,
No one wants any disease to spread. No one wants a deer to be hit by a car. There is no way to know the answer to my question: What will more deer die from in, let's say a 5 mile radius where CWD has been found, EHD, CWD, or coyotes? Too many variables to answer that question but it is interesting. All hypothetical but I'm not convinced if I HAD to make a choice, I would choose having CWD over coyotes. Maybe I'm just prejudiced for my hate of coyotes.

Re: CWD Response Plan [Re: Mbrock] #2680252
12/22/18 10:34 AM
12/22/18 10:34 AM
Hamilton/Auburn
Shotts Offline
8 point
Shotts  Offline
8 point
Hamilton/Auburn
Every “effective” effort should be made to stop the spread of CWD however with it showing up in some of these places with no traceable path it is clear the disease is not fully understood. Further, those efforts must be balanced against the rights of individuals as that is what this country was founded on. As for the high fence guys being active they are as they have a vested interest. The hypocrisy here is appalling when you consider how so many rant and rave about government over reach, individuals rights, and due process as long as they agree with the cause. However when it pertains to something they don’t agree with like the high fence guys then you are all for government imposing its will. The part about permission when compared with the plan and mobilization matrix does not pass the litmus test. I hope it’s a long time before we see this play out but until it does its all conjecture. It might be prudent for the state to take a different path and work with the high fence guys as there is on going research examining immunity and natural transmission rates in some locations (not Alabama). Further, as has been stated every deer that is one year or older that dies on a deer farm has to be sent to the state and tested at the farms expense. I have no idea how many samples this results in each year but I think there are about 200 farms across the state so it provides a steady cost effective means for the state to gain high quality samples at the farmers expense.

Life is difficult
Science prevails over bulldoodoo and superstition every time
Re: CWD Response Plan [Re: Mbrock] #2680255
12/22/18 10:40 AM
12/22/18 10:40 AM
Thomasville, AL
H
Hogwild Offline
Booner
Hogwild  Offline
Booner
H
Thomasville, AL
I would also like to add this.......

Many are acting as if deer are sacred and are never killed.
I mean, folks seem mad are talking about an uprising or revolt about this!

But, many of those people (probably their fathers, uncles grand dad’s, actually) were all for the liberalization of antlerless harvests instead of site specific antlerless tags. If you have shot a doe this year, but complaining about the State Testing 1 per 850 acre in the CMZ Zone, then you need to just stop and think about things for a little bit before making any Judgement on the feasibility of the Plan.

And, also, I wonder do y’all not realize that all of these ‘State’ folks are real people? Most of them got into their field through a love of the Outdoors, Hunting and Fishing. Many of them also own land that they manage and enjoy, also. And, what about Chuck? He deer hunts. His family owns land. He has based his entire livelihood on Managing Wildlife. Why in God’s name would he want to ‘kill all the deer’? That would be like cutting his own throat!!

Guys, it is a ‘PLAN’.
Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail!!!

From my conversations with those ‘in the know’, it is a Living Document that will be amended to stay current with Science/Biology to protect us and our Wildlife Resources.

Re: CWD Response Plan [Re: Hogwild] #2680260
12/22/18 10:52 AM
12/22/18 10:52 AM
Past Ol’ man Finley’s plac...
Southwood7 Offline
Booner
Southwood7  Offline
Booner

According to many, our DCNR is Controlled by High Fence Owners. LOL

Why did the CAB extend the season to Feb 10th in north alabama? .

The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
Job 33:4
Re: CWD Response Plan [Re: Mbrock] #2680269
12/22/18 11:01 AM
12/22/18 11:01 AM
Thomasville, AL
H
Hogwild Offline
Booner
Hogwild  Offline
Booner
H
Thomasville, AL
CAB is appointed by the Governor and is not always in alignment with the ideaology of the Biologists.
Albeit the result IS the same, there is a fundamental difference.

Re: CWD Response Plan [Re: Hogwild] #2680281
12/22/18 11:17 AM
12/22/18 11:17 AM
alabama
BhamFred Offline
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Offline
Freak of Nature
alabama
CAB is appointed by the Governor and is not always in alignment with the ideaology of the Biologists.

keep this FACT in yer front pocket for any future reference about the CAB. Not only are they not always "in alignment" with the biologists, the CAB can pass its own regulations over the objections of the biologists.

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one
Re: CWD Response Plan [Re: BhamFred] #2680296
12/22/18 11:34 AM
12/22/18 11:34 AM
Thomasville, AL
H
Hogwild Offline
Booner
Hogwild  Offline
Booner
H
Thomasville, AL
Originally Posted by BhamFred

keep this FACT in yer front pocket for any future reference about the CAB. Not only are they not always "in alignment" with the biologists, the CAB can pass its own regulations over the objections of the biologists.

I agree,buddy.
I feel that change was for the worse.......really de-valued the efforts of the Depts Biologists and created an entirely Political Platforn for decision-making.

Re: CWD Response Plan [Re: Hogwild] #2680305
12/22/18 11:46 AM
12/22/18 11:46 AM
Southwood7 Offline
Booner
Southwood7  Offline
Booner
Originally Posted by BhamFred

I agree,buddy.
I feel that change was for the worse.......really de-valued the efforts of the Depts Biologists and created an entirely Political Platforn for decision-making.

100% agree.

Just like last year when the CAB took spring turkey days away from us and Fred Harders, the assistant director of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries had this to say about the change....

“It’s a day that just about everybody has off,” Harders said. “If it comes in on a Thursday and you’re in a hunting club where you’re the only person who can get off on Thursday, it gives you a big advantage over everybody else.”

NO biological reason..... just because they wanted to.

The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
Job 33:4
Re: CWD Response Plan [Re: centralala] #2681344
12/23/18 01:53 PM
12/23/18 01:53 PM
hamilton al marion
H
hvfs1118 Offline
spike
hvfs1118  Offline
spike
H
hamilton al marion
Centralala You ask what will more deer die of where CWD is found I think hands down it would be E H D and blue tongue Last year every county in the state of Alabama lost deer to E H D and Blue Tonuge I would think the numbers would have been in the thousands Which on farms you find the dead ones in the wild you never see all the dead ones And don't let Matt Brock tell you that there is a cure for E H D and Blue Tonuge I have heard him tell a group of people that was a top dressing for the feed to stop this A load of BS There is not a cure for C W D either and its something we need to watch not run out and kill everything because you find one sick animal That is about as dumb as saying if a family member has cancer kill all the rest of the family and test them for cancer Wait if you kill them and they are not sick its to late for a live test

Re: CWD Response Plan [Re: Mbrock] #2681367
12/23/18 02:27 PM
12/23/18 02:27 PM
alabama
BhamFred Offline
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Offline
Freak of Nature
alabama
there have been vaccines developed in Texas for EHD that do work. Problem is that EHD is a virus and as such it mutates pretty often, like the flu in humans. And there are at least five known varieties of EHD and a vaccine for one won't work on the others.

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one
Re: CWD Response Plan [Re: Mbrock] #2681390
12/23/18 03:13 PM
12/23/18 03:13 PM
Florence, Al
A
AlabamaSwamper Offline
10 point
AlabamaSwamper  Offline
10 point
A
Florence, Al
I can’t wait until Alabama or Tennessee becomes the first state to stop CWD using the same tactics of a dozen other states.

BTR Scorer in NW Alabama

Re: CWD Response Plan [Re: hvfs1118] #2681412
12/23/18 03:41 PM
12/23/18 03:41 PM
Right behind you
Mbrock Offline OP
Fancy
Mbrock  Offline OP
Fancy
Right behind you
Originally Posted by hvfs1118
And don't let Matt Brock tell you that there is a cure for E H D and Blue Tonuge I have heard him tell a group of people that was a top dressing for the feed to stop this

Huh?? slap

No sir. If you walked away from any presentation I’ve given thinking that’s what I said then you heard wrong. It’s very frustrating when ppl twist words and post it publicly trying to make it appear I said something I did not. There are products ppl are working on that have shown very conflicting results, and that’s what I said. There’s a room full of folks who heard it.

Re: CWD Response Plan [Re: Mbrock] #2681496
12/23/18 07:19 PM
12/23/18 07:19 PM

O
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
O

Originally Posted by Mbrock
Originally Posted by hvfs1118
And don't let Matt Brock tell you that there is a cure for E H D and Blue Tonuge I have heard him tell a group of people that was a top dressing for the feed to stop this

Huh?? slap

No sir. If you walked away from any presentation I’ve given thinking that’s what I said then you heard wrong. It’s very frustrating when ppl twist words and post it publicly trying to make it appear I said something I did not. There are products ppl are working on that have shown very conflicting results, and that’s what I said. There’s a room full of folks who heard it.

Dont let it bother you Matt. Pretty sure thats Rock again....just saying. shocked grin

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.