</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Iso box blade
by kntree. 04/25/24 11:31 PM
Leupold vx freedom
by twaldrop4. 04/25/24 09:50 PM
WTB/WTTF Browning MK3 DBM 308
by Sendero558. 04/25/24 07:29 PM
1999 Scout 162 with Yamaha 90 2 stroke
by billrv. 04/25/24 07:02 PM
Christensen Traverse 300 Win Mag
by BPI. 04/25/24 01:37 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
Tdogs mount
by TDog93. 04/21/24 08:10 PM
Taxidermist called
by Mbrock. 04/21/24 04:58 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
Who's Online Now
78 registered members (COOTER, BrentsFX4, Young20, CatfishJunkie, GrandSlam, mathews prostaff, AJones, Jbf, leroycnbucks, GomerPyle, limabean, BOFF, Ridge Life, Ray_Coon, M48scout, 7x57_Mauser, Bread, AU338MAG, Ben2, AL18, BigA47, CrappieMan, 000buck, Mansfield, BC_Reb, AUjerbear, Geezer, Tree Dweller, SouthBamaSlayer, Peach, cbs, Roondog, 7PTSPREAD, DoubleShoalsJR, crocker, BhamFred, deadeye48, mossyback, Mbrock, Drycreek, eclipse829, BuckRidge17, hunterturf, MoeBuck, globe, catdoctor, Holcomb, Kemosabe, Mmiller, SurveyinAL, AustinC, TEM, misfire, Jdkprp70, Aldecks1, imadeerhntr, AU7MM08, CrimsonWSM, Flyliner, sj22, doghouse, MarksOutdoors, bambam32, Joe4majors, Jweeks, BrandonClark, Irishguy, Hoytdad10, sidehitter, Dubie, PourIron12, outdoorguy88, dirtwrk, 5 invisible), 1,109 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Flu shot [Re: cartervj] #2612361
10/18/18 10:44 PM
10/18/18 10:44 PM
Pine Hill, Al
T
Todd1700 Offline
12 point
Todd1700  Offline
12 point
T
Pine Hill, Al
Originally Posted by cartervj
Originally Posted by Todd1700
The CDC, the World Health Organization, and the American Academy of Pediatric Doctors, none of which are a pharmaceutical company, are in universal agreement that there isn't a shread, not a sliver, of credible evidence that vaccinations have anything to do with autism. And I can assure you that the CDC and the World Health Organization don't give two s#*@s about boosting profits at Eli Lily or Bristol-Myers Squibb. It appears to be mostly genetic. For example if one identical twin is diagnosed as autistic the other has a 76% chance that they will be autistic as well. That number falls dramatically with fraternal twins. That one example alone is strong evidence for a genetic link. It is also very wrong to think that the only studies that have been conducted on this matter where conducted by pharmaceutical companies. That's just not true. This has been looked at by many research groups with no links to big pharmaceutical companies. The Dutch just concluded another huge multi-year study that also found no link to vaccines.

Unfortunately the first signs of autism often do not manifest themselves until children have reached an age where they have already recieved vaccinations. We humans tend to engage in direct linear thinking. In other words if I develope some problem today then it must have been caused by whatever happened just prior to it. Can that be true? Sure, but often it isn't. For example I cannot tell you how many people come into our ER with nausea and vomiting convinced that the restaurant they just left that evening gave them food poisoning. Problem is that food poisoning is a bacterial infection that takes time to develope. The most rapid onset of symptoms possible is about 8 hours. And many types of food poisoning take a day or more to kick in after eating the contaminated food. So yeah, they might have food poisoning but they didn't get it from the place they were at an hour ago. But you will never convince them of that. Nope, that's when and where they first felt sick so that's who did it to them. And me, the doctor and our whole outfit can go f### ourselves if we don't agree with them.

Another question more or less, my wife works with some psychs, they have long going discussion as to whether there is actually more cases or the diagnosis are finally catching up to what is really out there?

The so-called explosion in autism can basically be explained by two things. First of all as you mentioned they are doing a much better job of diagnosing it now. Whenever somebody hears the word autism their mind automatically jumps to the most severe regressive form of it. But there are forms of autism that are very mild and used to go undiagnosed. Many people with some types of autism complete school; have jobs; drive; excetera; excetera. Secondly back in the 90s a lot of growth and developmental disorders were reclassified as a form of autism. On paper statistically it looked like we just had an explosion in autism when really we are just now calling a whole host of other disorders autism that we didn't used to.

The best index to a person’s character is (a) how he treats people who can’t do him any good, and (b) how he treats people who can’t fight back.
- Abigail van Buren
Re: Flu shot [Re: Todd1700] #2612369
10/18/18 10:54 PM
10/18/18 10:54 PM
Coosa/Clay line
M
Michael256 Offline
4 point
Michael256  Offline
4 point
M
Coosa/Clay line
Originally Posted by Todd1700
somebody hears the word autism their mind automatically jumps to the most severe regressive form of it. But there are forms of autism that are very mild and used to go undiagnosed.

Yep. There is a "spectrum" for a reason. Medically, I'm only EMT-B certified (and only a volunteer at that). That makes me a medical expert, just like working the grill at McDonalds makes you an elite chef.

But I have a few lenses I look at this through.

A. Can't find concrete or even semi-concrete links to autism outside of personal anecdotes.

B. Autism is tragic. But death by polio or smallpox is even more tragic. People who say "My child might get autism", to me, is like saying "I'd rather them risk dying to polio than have to raise an autistic kid" because the autistic kid will at least live.

Last edited by Michael256; 10/18/18 10:55 PM.
Re: Flu shot [Re: fedex] #2612371
10/18/18 10:57 PM
10/18/18 10:57 PM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
Ilets not confuse the Mercury vaccines with the flu shot. I'm as skeptical as the next man. But if Dixie says there safe . There safe. He knows what he's talking about and is one of the few people I trust. Todd's probably right too even though he's a dork wink

Last edited by goodman_hunter; 10/18/18 10:58 PM.

For without victory, there is no survival
Re: Flu shot [Re: goodman_hunter] #2612404
10/18/18 11:48 PM
10/18/18 11:48 PM
Coosa/Clay line
M
Michael256 Offline
4 point
Michael256  Offline
4 point
M
Coosa/Clay line
Originally Posted by goodman_hunter
Ilets not confuse the Mercury vaccines with the flu shot. I'm as skeptical as the next man. But if Dixie says there safe . There safe. He knows what he's talking about and is one of the few people I trust. Todd's probably right too even though he's a dork wink

Good point. But about that mercury part. I wanna talk about that.

So, we all know what Chlorine is, right? It's deadly in gas form. Will kill you dead, quick. Too much of it in the pool will bleach your hair, burn your eyes and nose, and even burn your skin. It's a main ingredient in bleach.

We know what sodium is too right? It's a soft metal. Violently reactive to water.

What happens when you mix pure sodium and pure chlorine?

You get table salt.

Just because a vaccination contains some form of mercury mixed with something else into a molecular compound, that doesn't mean it's the same as ingesting elemental mercury.

Last edited by Michael256; 10/18/18 11:48 PM. Reason: formatting
Re: Flu shot [Re: fedex] #2612432
10/19/18 05:26 AM
10/19/18 05:26 AM
Pine Hill, Al
T
Todd1700 Offline
12 point
Todd1700  Offline
12 point
T
Pine Hill, Al
Ilets not confuse the Mercury vaccines with the flu shot

About that. There are two types of mercury. There is methylmercury and ethylmercury. Vaccinations used to contain thimerosal which had a tiny amount of ethylmercury in it as a preservative. Your body easily breaks down and excretes ethylmercury. Methylmercury is the bad stuff that accumulates in your body over time and can reach toxic levels because your body cannot easily break it down.

But anti vaccine people went bats### when they first learned of it's use as a preservative in vaccines. They absolutely heralded it as the smoking gun that was the reason vaccines were causing autism. But there are two problems with this claim.

First the amount that was in vaccines was absolutely microscopic. Far too low to be harmful. Can a massive amount of ethylmercury harm you? Sure, but that is true of almost anything. Potassium is absolutely essential to human life. Without it your nervous system and heart will not function. But I can rapidly inject 10cc's of potassium chloride directly into your vein and cause you to instantly have a heart attack. In fact potassium chloride is one of the things they inject when they execute people by lethal injection.

Secondly, because of the way people freaked out over any type of mercury being used as a preservative they stopped using thimersol back in 2001. Now there is no mercury of any type in US childhood vaccinations. Despite being framed as the boogie man and the cause of all their allegations about vaccines guess what happened to autism rates when they stopped using thimersol? Absolutely nothing. No decrease in autism whatsoever in the 17 years since it was removed. Pretty conclusive proof that it had nothing to do with autism.

And here is the irony of this story. Many of the people who freaked out and stopped vaccinating their kids over the microscopic amount of ethylmercury that used to be in vaccines were out there at the same time routinely feeding their kids tuna fish salad sandwiches made with canned tuna that contains an even higher level of methylmercury (the bad mercury).

Last edited by Todd1700; 10/19/18 05:41 AM.

The best index to a person’s character is (a) how he treats people who can’t do him any good, and (b) how he treats people who can’t fight back.
- Abigail van Buren
Re: Flu shot [Re: fedex] #2612504
10/19/18 08:21 AM
10/19/18 08:21 AM
Dothan/Hartford,Al
87dixieboy Offline
10 point
87dixieboy  Offline
10 point
Dothan/Hartford,Al
Thanks goodman for the confidence. I agree with what todd is saying. As to Furs question on the previous page. I honestly have no answer. How old was the child and are we sure there were no precursing signs before the incident. I am absolutely not saying anyone is not telling the truth however I find it hard to believe in 12 hours a kid went from speaking to nothing and it being the vaccines fault. I say this because in 12 hours your body has had barely any time to react to this. You most certainly do not have an immunity by then. Im sure the child has had multitude of tests however usually you don't see an immediate cessation in speech unless there is a stroke to the frontal lobe. Im sure they have ruled this out however. This one baffles me and I don't have an answer however I am truly sorry for the parents. Unfortunately, no one knows how any specific person will react to any specific vaccine, medication, food, etc etc. What works for me may not work for you. What medication you take, what food you eat today may be safe but you take it or eat it tomorrow and have a life threatening reaction. There is still so much we don't know about the human body. I will say my child has been vaccinated. I will say I vaccinate myself. You may see people who don't get vaccinated and live a healthy normal life and never acquire a disease however this is just simply because of herd immunity. Enough people stop getting vaccinated and this will not be so. But that's for another discussion.

Last edited by 87dixieboy; 10/19/18 08:22 AM.

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.