</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Ruger M77 Stainless Zytel 243 Win ESTATE Sale
by CouchNapper. 04/30/24 12:00 AM
Browning 1885 High Wall in 7mag
by burbank. 04/29/24 03:42 PM
Steps barz
by twaldrop4. 04/29/24 02:04 PM
Marucci cat x connect bbcor 32/29 school bat
by toyota05. 04/29/24 11:40 AM
Decorative Duck Decoys, collectables
by Rem870s2. 04/29/24 11:31 AM
Serious Deer Talk
Velvet
by CeeHawk37. 04/29/24 07:55 PM
Forever wild gun regs.
by slippinlipjr. 04/29/24 02:04 PM
Kansas draw
by Hunter454. 04/27/24 06:05 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by Squeaky. 04/26/24 12:07 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Who's Online Now
13 registered members (Booner Hunter, 7mmSTW, CreekCrosser, BC, 25-20, Jwbfx4, CAL, 10mm, Gut Pile 32, jaredhunts, Geezer, hallb, 1 invisible), 335 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: ] #933874
04/14/14 05:28 PM
04/14/14 05:28 PM
Brierfield
Beadlescomb Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Beadlescomb  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Brierfield

Originally Posted By: steelman
Originally Posted By: burbank
Your wasting your time. These pit people are not very big picture people.

Originally Posted By: mrinfo

I'll keep my pit,yall can bash me if ya want....bet you won't sneak in my yard and steal a hose or have a gas can stolen

Stolen gas can or dead child....hmmm, let me think....

Don't have to worry about that, my dogs will lick the kids to death, if any of y'all doubt me instead of making potty posts on here about us pit owners ride over here and see go yourSelf...you can see first hand, pm me for a address, not everything you read online is true...

If you read any of those stories about the attacks you are saying the exact thing most of them said. But my pit bull was a big teddy bear until that Girl Scout came thru the gate tryin to sell cookies.

We will burn that bridge when we get there
Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: James] #933878
04/14/14 05:32 PM
04/14/14 05:32 PM
Hoover, AL
M48scout Offline
12 point
M48scout  Offline
12 point
Hoover, AL
Originally Posted By: james
I am a pit owner..I also own several assault rifles guess that makes think I'm fracking rambo to.. crazy

Not sure I catch the analogy. Black guns kill the majority of people in shootings? No ... Doesn't hold. I'm not aware that ARs etc are over represented in shootings.

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: Gotcha1] #933881
04/14/14 05:34 PM
04/14/14 05:34 PM

S
steelman
Unregistered
steelman
Unregistered
S

Well I've sent out a open invitation on my end, stop by and rub my vicious pits head while.she licks you to death, if you don want to ride by shut you're mouth...I hate Chiauahas, dang ankle biters

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: Gotcha1] #933885
04/14/14 05:35 PM
04/14/14 05:35 PM
Hoover, AL
M48scout Offline
12 point
M48scout  Offline
12 point
Hoover, AL
Look, not trying to make enemies of specific folks on here. Just pointing out my views. If you love your dogs - great - just please be careful of children they are exposed to.

No hard feelings on my part. Have a good night

Last edited by M48scout; 04/14/14 05:36 PM.
Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: ] #933893
04/14/14 05:41 PM
04/14/14 05:41 PM
Brierfield
Beadlescomb Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Beadlescomb  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Brierfield

Well I've sent out a open invitation on my end, stop by and rub my vicious pits head while.she licks you to death, if you don want to ride by shut you're mouth...I hate Chiauahas, dang ankle biters

I used to be just like you I had a pit for awhile had to put it down because it snapped at me. Whitney has a huge American shepherd loyal to her to a fault. One night we were messing around on the couch and it came after me so I knocked it's ass out. If I hadn't been a little slower there's no doubt he would have ate my ass up. Just hate for you to be looking back from a bad situation one day because your dog went after a kid that couldn't defend themselves

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: Beadlescomb] #933900
04/14/14 05:48 PM
04/14/14 05:48 PM

S
steelman
Unregistered
steelman
Unregistered
S

Originally Posted By: Beadlescomb

I used to be just like you I had a pit for awhile had to put it down because it snapped at me. Whitney has a huge American shepherd loyal to her to a fault. One night we were messing around on the couch and it came after me so I knocked it's ass out. If I hadn't been a little slower there's no doubt he would have ate my ass up. Just hate for you to be looking back from a bad situation one day because your dog went after a kid that couldn't defend themselves

I hate that for ya man, them shepherd's are hard to predict, but I don't see how this relates to the post, if my pit ever done anything stupid I would be quick to knock him in the head

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: Beadlescomb] #933907
04/14/14 06:02 PM
04/14/14 06:02 PM
Florida Panhandle
J
JTapia Offline
8 point
JTapia  Offline
8 point
J
Florida Panhandle
Grew up with Pits. One would babysit while Dad was in Vietnam and Mom was at work. I have owned half dozen over the years and never, ever have I had a biting incident. These were pets, family members and had nothing to do with self esteem, what kinda croc was that to come up with?

I do however, have scars on my face from a chihuahua and my daughter as a mark on her shoulder from a chihuahua. Using you guys logic I guess I'd be happy seeing that chihuahua breed wiped from the face of the earth.

Of course I don't feel that way about a breed of dog. I also don't feel that Guns should be banned because a few irresponsible adults allow their firearms to be gotten ahold of by kids who then kill themselves or another kid.

Hunt'em hard when they are hard to hunt but never, ever hardly hunt!
Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: JTapia] #933915
04/14/14 06:32 PM
04/14/14 06:32 PM
NW Alabama
R
R_H_Clark Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R_H_Clark  Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R
NW Alabama
Originally Posted By: JTapia
Grew up with Pits. One would babysit while Dad was in Vietnam and Mom was at work. I have owned half dozen over the years and never, ever have I had a biting incident. These were pets, family members and had nothing to do with self esteem, what kinda croc was that to come up with?

I do however, have scars on my face from a chihuahua and my daughter as a mark on her shoulder from a chihuahua. Using you guys logic I guess I'd be happy seeing that chihuahua breed wiped from the face of the earth.

Of course I don't feel that way about a breed of dog. I also don't feel that Guns should be banned because a few irresponsible adults allow their firearms to be gotten ahold of by kids who then kill themselves or another kid.

You just don't get it. A gun is always safe until someone makes it unsafe. many of these pit stories involve a dog that was very loving until it decided to kill. If I ever heard one story about a gun loading itself and killing a child all on it's own. I would get rid of all my guns immidiently. Guns are completely predictable. From all statistics Pit bulls are not.

I don't let my kids play with guns just because they have never been shot with a gun before. I realize and recognize the potential for danger. If Pit owners did the same a lot of innocent children would be alive today.

Instead they say, no, my gun isn't dangerous at all, the kids play with it all the time. In fact I leave it unattended in the yard because I know it's completely harmless. Never mind all the children that have been killed by guns before, mine is different. "I substituted gun for Pit Bull to make the point."

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 04/14/14 06:39 PM.
Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: R_H_Clark] #933917
04/14/14 07:18 PM
04/14/14 07:18 PM
Florida Panhandle
J
JTapia Offline
8 point
JTapia  Offline
8 point
J
Florida Panhandle
Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark

You just don't get it. A gun is always safe until someone makes it unsafe. many of these pit stories involve a dog that was very loving until it decided to kill. If I ever heard one story about a gun loading itself and killing a child all on it's own. I would get rid of all my guns immidiently. Guns are completely predictable. From all statistics Pit bulls are not.

I don't let my kids play with guns just because they have never been shot with a gun before. I realize and recognize the potential for danger. If Pit owners did the same a lot of innocent children would be alive today.

Instead they say, no, my gun isn't dangerous at all, the kids play with it all the time. In fact I leave it unattended in the yard because I know it's completely harmless. Never mind all the children that have been killed by guns before, mine is different. "I substituted gun for Pit Bull to make the point."

I absolutely "get it".

In my experience there is absolutely no reason to believe that a Pit Bull is any more dangerous than any other Terrier
type dog. In actuality, in my experiences, chihuahuas are the more dangerous breed of Dog. So is this damn cat!!! I do not currently own a pit but I would not hesitate to own another one if "that" one were to pop up somewhere.

As for your little analogy you can insert Car, Truck, tractor, Mini Blind cords, or any number of things that are inherently dangerous to children when left unattended. As you noted these things are inanimate but are no less dangerous around children than a Dog, any dog. You can't "ride" any dog without the possibility of a bite, you cant Pull the ears, tail or nads of any dog without the fear of a bite. Same goes for punches to the face, stepping on paws, etc...etc...

There are always those dogs that are trained to "git em" and those then become weapons much the same as a gun and no matter how they are around kids they are unsafe because they have been trained to react aggressively, that is the same with any dog, not just the Pit Bull.

I'll also add the for the record, most dog attacks attributed to "Pit Bulls" aren't even Pit Bulls but are instead any number of breeds that favor the American Pit Bull Terrier. Kinda like the "Assault Weapon", looks like one so it must be one and as dangerous as one. The dog pictured on the webpage that is linked to start this thread is not even a Pit Bull. That is a White English Bull Dog. A Pit Bull doesn't have a head that big. It would help the cause if yall would even know what kind of dog you want annihilated. Come on guys you are acting on emotion and not facts or experience.

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: Gotcha1] #933918
04/14/14 07:40 PM
04/14/14 07:40 PM
moody,al
spy Offline
12 point
spy  Offline
12 point
moody,al
A gun has never killed a person or a child ever its the person behind it that has and you can say that about a pit. so they shouldnt be compared to a gun its not the same.

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: spy] #933920
04/14/14 07:48 PM
04/14/14 07:48 PM
Florida Panhandle
J
JTapia Offline
8 point
JTapia  Offline
8 point
J
Florida Panhandle
Agreed.

It is the mindset that I am referring to and not necessarily the actual weapon.

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: JTapia] #933985
04/15/14 02:53 AM
04/15/14 02:53 AM
NW Alabama
R
R_H_Clark Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R_H_Clark  Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R
NW Alabama

I absolutely "get it".

In my experience there is absolutely no reason to believe that a Pit Bull is any more dangerous than any other Terrier
type dog. In actuality, in my experiences, chihuahuas are the more dangerous breed of Dog. So is this damn cat!!! I do not currently own a pit but I would not hesitate to own another one if "that" one were to pop up somewhere.

As for your little analogy you can insert Car, Truck, tractor, Mini Blind cords, or any number of things that are inherently dangerous to children when left unattended. As you noted these things are inanimate but are no less dangerous around children than a Dog, any dog. You can't "ride" any dog without the possibility of a bite, you cant Pull the ears, tail or nads of any dog without the fear of a bite. Same goes for punches to the face, stepping on paws, etc...etc...

There are always those dogs that are trained to "git em" and those then become weapons much the same as a gun and no matter how they are around kids they are unsafe because they have been trained to react aggressively, that is the same with any dog, not just the Pit Bull.

I'll also add the for the record, most dog attacks attributed to "Pit Bulls" aren't even Pit Bulls but are instead any number of breeds that favor the American Pit Bull Terrier. Kinda like the "Assault Weapon", looks like one so it must be one and as dangerous as one. The dog pictured on the webpage that is linked to start this thread is not even a Pit Bull. That is a White English Bull Dog. A Pit Bull doesn't have a head that big. It would help the cause if yall would even know what kind of dog you want annihilated. Come on guys you are acting on emotion and not facts or experience.

No sir, you are acting on emotion, the emotion of trust in your dog. The facts are that a Pit bull killed someone on average of every 18 days last year and over 56% of those deaths were children under the age of 7. Pit bulls make up 6% of the dog population yet account for 81 percent of the fatalities from dogs.To dismiss those facts is not rational behavior. It is behavior based on emotion and as such you will rationalize and dismiss all evidence that doesn't agree with your fantasy.

I'm sure your dog has so far been a loving family member and as such you feel loyalty toward it. I do understand that, but I strongly urge you to do the research for yourself with an open mind and read all the stories told by horrified family members telling how their beloved family pet, raised by them turned into a monster and killed their precious child.

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: Gotcha1] #933991
04/15/14 03:00 AM
04/15/14 03:00 AM
Moss Creek
Gotcha1 Offline OP
Bright Eyes
Gotcha1  Offline OP
Bright Eyes
Moss Creek
These pit owners still don't get it. No point in telling them what they "might" have in their home until it is too late.

Matt Brock wears knock-off Crocs.
Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: R_H_Clark] #933994
04/15/14 03:03 AM
04/15/14 03:03 AM
Hoover
burbank Offline
Booner
burbank  Offline
Booner
Hoover
I'll tell you guys again....you are wasting your breath.

They refuse to see the risk regardless of their "experience".

And yes, if you look at most pit owners....you will see some common behavior traits.

I absolutely "get it".

No sir, you are acting on emotion, the emotion of trust in your dog. The facts are that a Pit bull killed someone on average of every 18 days last year and over 56% of those deaths were children under the age of 7. Pit bulls make up 6% of the dog population yet account for 81 percent of the fatalities from dogs.To dismiss those facts is not rational behavior. It is behavior based on emotion and as such you will rationalize and dismiss all evidence that doesn't agree with your fantasy.

I'm sure your dog has so far been a loving family member and as such you feel loyalty toward it. I do understand that, but I strongly urge you to do the research for yourself with an open mind and read all the stories told by horrified family members telling how their beloved family pet, raised by them turned into a monster and killed their precious child.

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: Gotcha1] #934010
04/15/14 03:16 AM
04/15/14 03:16 AM
H
howa308 Offline
4 point
howa308  Offline
4 point
H
I've owned a pit that I rescued from fighting. She was one of the best dogs we ever had. Being in law enforcement I have worked pit bull attacks but I have also seen German Shepard, golden retrievers and labs become viscious. The meanest dog I have ever seen was a golden retriever that tried to attack a police officer. Dog took three rounds of 40 cal and still didn't kill it.
When the owner got home he admitted that he made his dog aggressive to protect his house while he was gone. Also had a pit bull owner turn her pit on us as we approached her front porch after she called us to her house. Dog was DRT never made it off the front porch. All I am saying is any dog can become aggressive and a lot of it relates back to the owners and how they raised it. A buddy of mine has 4 pit bulls that he hog hunts with. These dogs are trained to attack and he has never been bit by his dogs nor have they acted aggressive towards him. They look mean as hell covered in pig blood lol. I think with any dog you take a risk espically with children but I don't think it is worth wanting to wipe out an entire breed.

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: Gotcha1] #934016
04/15/14 03:21 AM
04/15/14 03:21 AM
North Jackson
R
ridgestalker Offline
14 point
ridgestalker  Offline
14 point
R
North Jackson
I wouldn't trade a 6 yr old child for every pit bull on the face of the earth. I say kill them all on sight.

"The Heavens declare the glory of God;and the firmament sheweth his handiwork" Pslam 19:1
Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: Gotcha1] #934021
04/15/14 03:24 AM
04/15/14 03:24 AM
chilton co.
trox28 Offline
on probation
trox28  Offline
on probation
chilton co.
For yall that own pits,i have a serious question.Why did you choose to get a pit over all the other breeds out there?

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: howa308] #934027
04/15/14 03:33 AM
04/15/14 03:33 AM
NW Alabama
R
R_H_Clark Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R_H_Clark  Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R
NW Alabama
Originally Posted By: howa308
I've owned a pit that I rescued from fighting. She was one of the best dogs we ever had. Being in law enforcement I have worked pit bull attacks but I have also seen German Shepard, golden retrievers and labs become viscious. The meanest dog I have ever seen was a golden retriever that tried to attack a police officer. Dog took three rounds of 40 cal and still didn't kill it.
When the owner got home he admitted that he made his dog aggressive to protect his house while he was gone. Also had a pit bull owner turn her pit on us as we approached her front porch after she called us to her house. Dog was DRT never made it off the front porch. All I am saying is any dog can become aggressive and a lot of it relates back to the owners and how they raised it. A buddy of mine has 4 pit bulls that he hog hunts with. These dogs are trained to attack and he has never been bit by his dogs nor have they acted aggressive towards him. They look mean as hell covered in pig blood lol. I think with any dog you take a risk espically with children but I don't think it is worth wanting to wipe out an entire breed.

I understand that any dog can be aggressive and any large dog can be very dangerous, however you are much more likely to get a bad bite from those dogs where with Pit most often does not stop until either you or it is dead.

With the 5 year old boy recently killed in Alabama, both the brother and father tried to stop the attack and could not in time. I recently read a story where a 4 year old was killed in front of the whole family when he kissed his dog good night. Everyone there tried to stop the attack and could not in time. This breed is aggressive and dangerous and needs to be eradicated.

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: trox28] #934034
04/15/14 03:45 AM
04/15/14 03:45 AM
Brierfield
Beadlescomb Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Beadlescomb  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Brierfield

Originally Posted By: trox28
For yall that own pits,i have a serious question.Why did you choose to get a pit over all the other breeds out there?

I wondered that too.

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: Gotcha1] #934036
04/15/14 03:47 AM
04/15/14 03:47 AM
Harpersville, AL
tfd1224 Offline
14 point
tfd1224  Offline
14 point
Harpersville, AL
most of the people i see that own pits are wussy little thug ass black dudes, they walk them with big huge chains instead of leashes. i see it the same way i see them toting chrome pistols and putting 28 inch wheels and a skittles paint job on 94 crown vics, all so some other dumbass will look at them.

Yeah c’mon. Daniel White
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.