</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Iso box blade
by kntree. 04/25/24 11:31 PM
Leupold vx freedom
by twaldrop4. 04/25/24 09:50 PM
WTB/WTTF Browning MK3 DBM 308
by Sendero558. 04/25/24 07:29 PM
1999 Scout 162 with Yamaha 90 2 stroke
by billrv. 04/25/24 07:02 PM
Christensen Traverse 300 Win Mag
by BPI. 04/25/24 01:37 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
Tdogs mount
by TDog93. 04/21/24 08:10 PM
Taxidermist called
by Mbrock. 04/21/24 04:58 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
Who's Online Now
9 registered members (rrice0725, BACK40, CAL, CCC, Alb, Big Rack, kyles, sloughfoot, coosabuckhunter), 1,099 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: trox28] #934042
04/15/14 03:55 AM
04/15/14 03:55 AM
Florida Panhandle
J
JTapia Offline
8 point
JTapia  Offline
8 point
J
Florida Panhandle
Originally Posted By: trox28
For yall that own pits,i have a serious question.Why did you choose to get a pit over all the other breeds out there?

I didn't decide, I was raised with them. Now I am not talking about a perceived pit, I am talking about a bona fide real American Pit Bull Terrier and not these "mixed" breeds that are commonly grouped in as Pits. I owned Pits before they were "cool" and before they apparently out of nowhere, started attacking and killing everyone. They were just like my Lab or Retriever they were Pets and family members.

I was exposed to Pits for as far as I can remember. They were catch dogs when we Hog hunted and pets and family members when not hunting. Never, ever got bit by one and never seen them Bite anyone. Dad would, as I would also, shoot on sight before the second hand made a revolution around the clock any dog that would bite or attempt to bite a child. All of the Pits I owned or were family owned were all from the same bloodline and not some inbred or mixed fence jumping breed.

Any dog can be vicious, jump in on a pack of Walker Hounds that have caught up to a deer or Hog and try to get em off. They'll tear you a new one. I've been ran out of a yard by a Chocolate lab, barking snarling and throwing slobber. And I have a small chunk of cheek missing when a Chihuahua decided he didn't like me laying on "his" pillow. I got bit by my own Golden Retriever when I came thru the gate on my dirt bike once. They all can and will Bite gents and some will do it faster than most and yes, some are more efficient when they do bite but singleing out a particular breed based on false information is just emotion because it involved children.

Go to the link and read the stories. The vast majority of the cases involving children were "mixed Breed" and in almost every occasion they were unattended children.
One story in particular, the little boy in Calloway Florida they have the breed listed a Pit Mixed breed and that is untrue. I know of this case personally via animal Control friend and those doge were Boxer mix and not Pit. This makes my point. Any number of Mixed breed dogs are called Pits and yet everyone ignores this simple fact and spouts off their hatred of a breed of dog they know nothing about because some biased magazine article tells you to be afraid of these dogs.

As I mentioned earlier, the dog whose pic is on the webpage linked to in this thread isn't even a Pit Bull or is it even a terrier!! It is a White English BULLDOG. Like I said, bias based on emotion. None of you have ever owned a real Pit Bull and seen them attack anyone that any other dog would not have attacked.

Hunt'em hard when they are hard to hunt but never, ever hardly hunt!
Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: Gotcha1] #934044
04/15/14 03:57 AM
Blount County
BamaBart Offline
Panty Wearin' Hunter
BamaBart  Offline
Panty Wearin' Hunter
Blount County
If you own a pit, me or my family members won't come visit you. If you come visit me and bring a pit bull, I will kill it.

Bart.

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: R_H_Clark] #934046
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there
Quote:
The facts are that a Pit bull killed someone on average of every 18 days last year and over 56% of those deaths were children under the age of 7. Pit bulls make up 6% of the dog population yet account for 81 percent of the fatalities from dogs.

But they're misunderstood, gentle and don't hurt anyone.

... a dog whose breed rips apart terrified, innocent children or adults who can't defend themselves, giving their last moments on earth an unbelievable hell of ripping flesh and the blood running from their cooling bodies crumpled in a heap as these gentle misunderstood dogs stand by ready to rip and tear again.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: Clem] #934050
04/15/14 04:03 AM
04/15/14 04:03 AM
Florida Panhandle
J
JTapia Offline
8 point
JTapia  Offline
8 point
J
Florida Panhandle
Originally Posted By: Clem
Quote:
The facts are that a Pit bull killed someone on average of every 18 days last year and over 56% of those deaths were children under the age of 7. Pit bulls make up 6% of the dog population yet account for 81 percent of the fatalities from dogs.

... a dog whose breed rips apart terrified, innocent children or adults who can't defend themselves, giving their last moments on earth an unbelievable hell of ripping flesh and the blood running from their cooling bodies crumpled in a heap as these gentle misunderstood dogs stand by ready to rip and tear again.

And you got this information whose link doesn't even show a Pit Bull in the Pic. They show a White English Bulldog,.....not even a Terrier. See what I mean...not misunderstood dogs at all. Mis-identified to be made to look more dangerous than they are.

Correct 6% of the population yet 81% of MIXED BREED Pits. Read the stories and not the headlines!! Geez I cant believe hoe gullible you guys are. No wonder we are losing the war on our rights.

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: Gotcha1] #934054
04/15/14 04:04 AM
04/15/14 04:04 AM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there
Pits should be eradicated. Period.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: tfd1224] #934058
04/15/14 04:07 AM
04/15/14 04:07 AM
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
leroycnbucks Offline
Freak of Nature
leroycnbucks  Offline
Freak of Nature
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
Originally Posted By: tfd1224
most of the people i see that own pits are wussy little thug ass black dudes, they walk them with big huge chains instead of leashes. i see it the same way i see them toting chrome pistols and putting 28 inch wheels and a skittles paint job on 94 crown vics, all so some other dumbass will look at them.

So I see you've been to the west side of Montgomery. grin

Proud Army and ALNG veteran
God Bless America!
Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: JTapia] #934059
04/15/14 04:08 AM
04/15/14 04:08 AM
chilton co.
trox28 Offline
on probation
trox28  Offline
on probation
chilton co.
Originally Posted By: JTapia
Quote:

And you got this information whose link doesn't even show a Pit Bull in the Pic. They show a White English Bulldog,.....not even a Terrier. See what I mean...not misunderstood dogs at all. Mis-identified to be made to look more dangerous than they are.

Correct 6% of the population yet 81% of MIXED BREED Pits. Read the stories and not the headlines!! Geez I cant believe hoe gullible you guys are. No wonder we are losing the war on our rights.

Where are you seeing a white english bulldog on that link?The only dog pic i see is a blue pit with the kid it killed laying on it.I have had 2 english bulldogs and I'll tell ya,if thats the only dog i gotta worry bout getting tore apart by i aint real worried.Them damn dogs are to retarded to even know how to bite somebody.

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: JTapia] #934061
04/15/14 04:09 AM
04/15/14 04:09 AM
NW Alabama
R
R_H_Clark Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R_H_Clark  Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R
NW Alabama
For yall that own pits,i have a serious question.Why did you choose to get a pit over all the other breeds out there?

I didn't decide, I was raised with them. Now I am not talking about a perceived pit, I am talking about a bona fide real American Pit Bull Terrier and not these "mixed" breeds that are commonly grouped in as Pits. I owned Pits before they were "cool" and before they apparently out of nowhere, started attacking and killing everyone. They were just like my Lab or Retriever they were Pets and family members.

I was exposed to Pits for as far as I can remember. They were catch dogs when we Hog hunted and pets and family members when not hunting. Never, ever got bit by one and never seen them Bite anyone. Dad would, as I would also, shoot on sight before the second hand made a revolution around the clock any dog that would bite or attempt to bite a child. All of the Pits I owned or were family owned were all from the same bloodline and not some inbred or mixed fence jumping breed.

Any dog can be vicious, jump in on a pack of Walker Hounds that have caught up to a deer or Hog and try to get em off. They'll tear you a new one. I've been ran out of a yard by a Chocolate lab, barking snarling and throwing slobber. And I have a small chunk of cheek missing when a Chihuahua decided he didn't like me laying on "his" pillow. I got bit by my own Golden Retriever when I came thru the gate on my dirt bike once. They all can and will Bite gents and some will do it faster than most and yes, some are more efficient when they do bite but singleing out a particular breed based on false information is just emotion because it involved children.

Go to the link and read the stories. The vast majority of the cases involving children were "mixed Breed" and in almost every occasion they were unattended children.
One story in particular, the little boy in Calloway Florida they have the breed listed a Pit Mixed breed and that is untrue. I know of this case personally via animal Control friend and those doge were Boxer mix and not Pit. This makes my point. Any number of Mixed breed dogs are called Pits and yet everyone ignores this simple fact and spouts off their hatred of a breed of dog they know nothing about because some biased magazine article tells you to be afraid of these dogs.

As I mentioned earlier, the dog whose pic is on the webpage linked to in this thread isn't even a Pit Bull or is it even a terrier!! It is a White English BULLDOG. Like I said, bias based on emotion. None of you have ever owned a real Pit Bull and seen them attack anyone that any other dog would not have attacked.

What a load of hog wash. You're like the guy who wanted a blood test before you would admit what kind of dog it was. You would rather look for any excuse to defend the %$&^% dog rather than the 4 year old child it killed.

Let me put it like this. Any dog that looks enough like a Pit Bull to be mistaken for one needs a bullet in the head.

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: JTapia] #934063
04/15/14 04:11 AM
Brierfield
Beadlescomb Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Beadlescomb  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Brierfield

Quote:

What if that had been a pit bull, bull dog whatever instead of a chihuahua that bit you? Think you would still be alive today?

We will burn that bridge when we get there
Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: Gotcha1] #934064
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
the most recent study of dogs states that attacks are not breed specific. All breeds can be made aggressive. Generally the age of the owner has more to do with it than anything. Young, and dumb people should not own them or any other dog really. anything with teeth will bite. kids generally get bit by all dogs more than any other demographic combined. And young dog owners have more aggressive dogs period. some of yawl are very easily persuaded and very quick to jump on the bandwagon. The biggest problem as with most problems is the minority of the group makes it look bad for everybody else combined with the media spin. I grew up with pits. When my son was born we didnt have any dogs until he was six then we got a small dog. A dog is very easily controlled and trained. And i think the owners should be held responsible. The problem is the owners 100% of the time and until we hold them accountable for there actions or lack there of, this will continue to be a problem.

For without victory, there is no survival
Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: Gotcha1] #934066
04/15/14 04:15 AM
04/15/14 04:15 AM
PDL, Fl
T
timbercruiser Offline
Freak of Nature
timbercruiser  Offline
Freak of Nature
T
PDL, Fl
One thing for sure, if a pitt looking dog is on my property I'm not going to ask for its ancestry papers to see if it came over on the Mayflower.

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: Clem] #934068
04/15/14 04:16 AM
04/15/14 04:16 AM
Florida Panhandle
J
JTapia Offline
8 point
JTapia  Offline
8 point
J
Florida Panhandle
Pits should be eradicated. Period.

Show me the "Pit"

Only three of these dogs are actual "Pit Mix" yet everyone of them will be called a Pit if they have bitten someone. This is what I am talking about. Most of yall are mad and talking out yall butt and dont even know what dog you are angry about. LOL

http://www.nationalcanineresearchcouncil.com/uploaded_files/tinymce/Pit%20Bull%20ID%20Poster.pdf

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: timbercruiser] #934073
04/15/14 04:20 AM
04/15/14 04:20 AM
Florida Panhandle
J
JTapia Offline
8 point
JTapia  Offline
8 point
J
Florida Panhandle
Originally Posted By: timbercruiser
One thing for sure, if a pitt looking dog is on my property I'm not going to ask for its ancestry papers to see if it came over on the Mayflower.

Just don't beers spray anything up its' nose!!

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: R_H_Clark] #934076
04/15/14 04:22 AM
04/15/14 04:22 AM
Florida Panhandle
J
JTapia Offline
8 point
JTapia  Offline
8 point
J
Florida Panhandle
Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark

What a load of hog wash. You're like the guy who wanted a blood test before you would admit what kind of dog it was. You would rather look for any excuse to defend the %$&^% dog rather than the 4 year old child it killed.

Let me put it like this. Any dog that looks enough like a Pit Bull to be mistaken for one needs a bullet in the head.

And you say I am acting on emotion?!

Shoot em all if thats what makes you feel all manly, Knock yourself out I really dont care.

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: R_H_Clark] #934084
04/15/14 04:27 AM
04/15/14 04:27 AM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county

clark
my point with the dna statement was to prove that you didnt actually read the article. You only read the part that you thought fit into your way of thinking. And I see your still havent read it because if you did you would see were it said they took dna from the dogs to determined what breed it was and not just an uneducated guess at it which seems to be very common practice with some people. Keep beliveing what the goverment tells U.

For without victory, there is no survival
Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: trox28] #934089
04/15/14 04:28 AM
04/15/14 04:28 AM
Florida Panhandle
J
JTapia Offline
8 point
JTapia  Offline
8 point
J
Florida Panhandle
Quote:

Where are you seeing a white english bulldog on that link?The only dog pic i see is a blue pit with the kid it killed laying on it.I have had 2 english bulldogs and I'll tell ya,if thats the only dog i gotta worry bout getting tore apart by i aint real worried.Them damn dogs are to retarded to even know how to bite somebody.

Originally Posted By: Gotcha1
http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2013.php

Percentage of dogs killing people is high. (high as He!!)

Here is the Link that got this thread started. Upper right hand corner is a picture of a White English Bulldog.
White English Bulldog Isn't even a terrier and is in noway related to a Pit Bull. If you read the storys you'll find that the majority of attacks were Mixed breed dogs and not Pit Bulls.
I in no way excuse or look the otherway when children or anyone for that matter, I just think that folks ought to be honest about what they are mad about and who they are mad at and why they are mad.

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: Gotcha1] #934096
04/15/14 04:36 AM
chilton co.
trox28 Offline
on probation
trox28  Offline
on probation
chilton co.
For some reason its not showing a pic in the upper right hand corner when i look at it.Im sure once the dog/dogs killed someone and were quarantined it was determined by someone that knows more about dogs than me whether the dogs were pit or not.If a vet calls a dog a pit its a pit in my eyes.

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: BamaBart] #934098
Florida Panhandle
J
JTapia Offline
8 point
JTapia  Offline
8 point
J
Florida Panhandle
Originally Posted By: BamaBart
If you own a pit, me or my family members won't come visit you. If you come visit me and bring a pit bull, I will kill it.

Bart.

According to those on here you would never have the chance to kill it. It would be on you and your family from 2 blocks away and nobody could have stopped them.
Listen to these so called "facts" and apply them to this scenario and you'll see what I mean. There would be no hope for you or your family. rofl

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: goodman_hunter] #934100
04/15/14 04:37 AM
04/15/14 04:37 AM
NW Alabama
R
R_H_Clark Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R_H_Clark  Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R
NW Alabama
Originally Posted By: goodman_hunter

clark
my point with the dna statement was to prove that you didnt actually read the article. You only read the part that you thought fit into your way of thinking. And I see your still havent read it because if you did you would see were it said they took dna from the dogs to determined what breed it was and not just an uneducated guess at it which seems to be very common practice with some people. Keep beliveing what the goverment tells U.

I guess it's really poodles doing all the child killing and the government for some reason has a vendetta against Pit bulls.

Re: Pit bull fatalities 2013 [Re: trox28] #934118
04/15/14 04:45 AM
04/15/14 04:45 AM
Florida Panhandle
J
JTapia Offline
8 point
JTapia  Offline
8 point
J
Florida Panhandle
For some reason its not showing a pic in the upper right hand corner when i look at it.Im sure once the dog/dogs killed someone and were quarantined it was determined by someone that knows more about dogs than me whether the dogs were pit or not.If a vet calls a dog a pit its a pit in my eyes.

Hummm...I don't know LOL
I agree though, I am sure that someone with authority will call the animal the proper breed which is why I mentioned that almost all these attacks listed were of Mixed Breed. They then throw in the word Pit for effect.

Here again, see if you can pick out the Pit Bull.

http://www.nationalcanineresearchcouncil.com/uploaded_files/tinymce/Pit%20Bull%20ID%20Poster.pdf

Last edited by JTapia; 04/15/14 04:49 AM.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.