</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
ZEISS CONQUEST V4
by extreme heights hunter. 05/06/24 01:54 PM
McWhorter .45 XML muzzlelaoder and accessories
by daylate. 05/06/24 01:30 PM
Framed Duck Prints - Woodies and Canvasbacks
by Rem870s2. 05/06/24 12:20 PM
ISO Brush Mower
by ducky25. 05/06/24 10:02 AM
Browning X-Bolt Speed SPR in 300 PRC
by FastXD. 05/06/24 08:03 AM
Serious Deer Talk
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by abolt300. 05/06/24 11:25 PM
Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump
by marshmud991. 05/06/24 05:08 PM
Meat hunt outfitter?
by Snuffy. 05/06/24 03:28 PM
Who's got the best deer hunting in AL
by Overland. 05/06/24 02:53 PM
Velvet
by Turkey_neck. 05/04/24 09:13 AM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Looking for Turkey Hunting Land
by Nightwatchman. 05/06/24 01:46 PM
Need dozer work. Cullman area
by Trecker1. 05/02/24 02:33 PM
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
Who's Online Now
10 registered members (OlTimer, sw1002, 7mmSTW, BD, bhammedic84, Geezer, Gut Pile 32, kyles, 2 invisible), 1,220 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Question on the dog hunting? [Re: goodman_hunter] #926552
04/07/14 10:57 AM
04/07/14 10:57 AM
north alabama
shooters Offline
12 point
shooters  Offline
12 point
north alabama
Originally Posted By: goodman_hunter
so yawl dog hunted for 20-25 years and now that you dont dog hunt anymore. You feel like it should be made illegal. Typical
You must not can read! We both said that 20-25 years ago we dog hunted. We both said we use to 20-25 years ago! So YOU are a Typical deer dog hunter! Cant read just like your dogs right! rofl Well dont fell bad i cant spell! grin We now AFTER being quit running dogs for 20 plus years AND seeing how bad it is in the PRESENT day time want change! We are tired of dogs tresspassing on land WE own! I would like to see it made illegal, but just like in life i am willing to compromise! 1000 dollar fine for tresspassing deer dogs,1 year lose of license for violators, mandator land min acres, permits, and collars would be acceptable start for many people. I know hunt in a county that doesnt allow deer dog hunting, because of all the trouble deer dog hunting has cause near me! My friends have made up there minds not to take anymore CRAP from trespassing dogs, thet shoot them everytime that the other bunch out here runs dogs! I dont blame them 1 bit. If they want to shoot down tresspassing dogs with AR-15s thats there call, i dont blame them! As far as you trying to twist the facts. I have not dog hunted in 20 plus years and WILL never do it again because of the trouble it causes and the hate i have for the outlaws around us! If the shoe fits wear it! I dont think that 5% of you are bad dog hunters but the rest i do think, do what they do on purpose! I have the right to try to stop / protest/ regulate deer dog hunting just like you have the right to not agree with me!!!!!

Re: Question on the dog hunting? [Re: Dquailhunter] #926553
04/07/14 11:01 AM
04/07/14 11:01 AM
wedowee
daniel white Offline
Booner
daniel white  Offline
Booner
wedowee
I don't think it would matter. If they did make deer dogging illegal, they would find something else to hate on.

The funny part to me is they blame dogs on not killing deer or not seeing deer. Ha! That isn't the problem. Now that ladder stand you put up 50 yards from a scrape a week before opening day, that might be a problem. Big mature bucks, are sure enough smart, dogs or no dogs. MOST people I know personally that hate dogging is jealous. Blame us for what we do on our land, legally. They think us turning dogs loose on our land and keeping dogs on our land spooks "there" deer. I have walked past more deer with dogs than I can count. A lot of stuff we hunt, them deer don't have to move, it is so thick. So that's where the dogs come in, ands that's why we kill deer. I am not arguing over it, there is no use in it. I guess me and Shooter will cancel each other out, he fighting to loose it and I am fighting to keep it. I don't have "Deep" pockets, but I got common sense. If they outlaw deer dogging they should outlaw blood dogs also. Then lets see what the still hunters say about that. They shoot down a big buck, and they welcome dogs with opened arms. I seen a lot of sorry dogs find big deer for people. I agree people need to be held responsible for there actions, but dang $1000.00 fine for your dog going on someone else's land?? That is ridiculous to me. The way it is where we hunt id if you get 3 warnings from the game warden your permit gets pulled. That's if someone catches your dog, calls it in and gives your info.

"You do and it will be the biggest mistake you ever made, you Texas brush popper" John Wayne
Re: Question on the dog hunting? [Re: daniel white] #926576
04/07/14 11:25 AM
04/07/14 11:25 AM
north alabama
shooters Offline
12 point
shooters  Offline
12 point
north alabama
First of all im not against people like you! I consider you like i said earlier to be in the 5%. I dont blame dogs for me not killing deer. You can ask Shootnmiss or Nighthunter i kill 120 class deer every year. 2 last year, year before killed 2 120s and a 143. Every year I KILL 1 or 2 bucks in the 120 class. I ONLY kill deer that are 4 years old. Me and my friends OWN land but i am forced to hunt in a No deer dog county, because its getting to the point were the Deer Dogs running on my friends and neighbors land is going to cause something BAD to happen. The guys are simple feed up with dogs on their private property!I have NEVER said in 1 of my post that I oppose quail dog , squirrel dogs, coon dogs, yard dogs, or hog dogs. I only hate deer dogs. They give us lots of grief.Human tresspassing has , i beleive a min. 500 or 1000 dollar fine, so why not the OWNERS of deer dogs! 3 warnings dont work in rural areas, we dont blame the GW, we know they cant camp out in 1 spot. The out-law dog hunter is smart, but so is a bullet threw a dogs brain stem! I tired of sitting back seeing my friends suffer because of deer dog hunters! It they want to start kill them , i could honestly care less! So like some people on here understand but other refuse to take ANY responseabilty for their deer dogs tresspassing! Why should some one have to stop hunting on their OWN land and not once but 3 times catch someone else dogs on their land that they own? Would you allow me to come in your yard at mid-night barking and howling 3 different times without taking matters into your own hands?

Last edited by shooters; 04/07/14 11:26 AM.
Re: Question on the dog hunting? [Re: timbercruiser] #926612
04/07/14 12:03 PM
04/07/14 12:03 PM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
You must not can read! We both said that 20-25 years ago we dog hunted. We both said we use to 20-25 years ago! So YOU

are a Typical deer dog hunter! Cant read just like your dogs right!

Originally Posted By: timbercruiser
I use to dog hunt, for about 25 years, but I now see and agree that dog hunting infringes on the rights and enjoyment of others around where dogs are hunted. We use to have large contiguous tracts of land to hunt, but a good pack of hounds will cross two thousand acres quicker than you can drive around to cut them off. When you do get there you don't usually stop the dogs anyway. I now drive about 120 miles to my land or club land to still hunt and one of the last things I want is a bunch of hounds running around where I'm still hunting. Dogs are trespassers, the same as another uninvited hunter.

blush

For without victory, there is no survival
Re: Question on the dog hunting? [Re: goodman_hunter] #926625
04/07/14 12:19 PM
04/07/14 12:19 PM
north alabama
shooters Offline
12 point
shooters  Offline
12 point
north alabama
Ok, lets correct that I dog hunted 20 years ago and have not dog deer hunted in 20 years! I can admit i am wrong. Can YOU admit that deer dogs tresspass and cause problems? That what this thread is all about? grin

Last edited by shooters; 04/07/14 12:20 PM.
Re: Question on the dog hunting? [Re: Dquailhunter] #926674
04/07/14 12:56 PM
04/07/14 12:56 PM
North Jackson
R
ridgestalker Offline
14 point
ridgestalker  Offline
14 point
R
North Jackson
popcorn

"The Heavens declare the glory of God;and the firmament sheweth his handiwork" Pslam 19:1
Re: Question on the dog hunting? [Re: wareagle22] #926680
04/07/14 12:58 PM
04/07/14 12:58 PM
The Woods
C
CPiper Offline
4 point
CPiper  Offline
4 point
C
The Woods
Originally Posted By: wareagle22
And I agree with the minimum acreage of LEASED land to dog hunt but I don't like the government telling a man what kind of hunting he can do on a piece of property that he OWNS. We lease almost 12k acres so we have plenty of property to hunt.

If it boils down to the rights of land owners then minimum acerage for doggers does not hold water. If a person has 1 acre but can keep his dogs on that 1 acre, then problem is solved. The problem cannot be solved with minimum acerage laws.

ANY hunter that breaks ANY law, rule or reg that involves hunting is OUR problem. It does not matter if it is ONE bow hunter trespassing, or TWO turkey hunters trespassing, or THREE still hunters trespassing, or FOUR dogs trespassing, all of this is problems WE need to address.
There are laws in place to address trespassing humans, but that does not stop folks from doing it - even after being caught.
ADCNR LEOs will tell you there is a small % on both sides of the fence that are the repeat offenders, and therein lies OUR problem.
All of the tickets written for illegal duck hunting, illegal turkey hunting, illegal baiting for deer (and TURKEY) and so much more has not one thing to do with dogs or their owners, and far more goes on then what is seen and heard and caught.
A dog coming onto your property infringes on YOUR rights. A hunter that shoots over the limit, hunts out of season, kills the wrong type or breaks whatever game/fish law infringes on ALL citizens rights - dog hunters, non dog hunters, anti dog hunters, hunters, non hunters, anti hunters.

Re: Question on the dog hunting? [Re: CPiper] #926703
04/07/14 01:13 PM
04/07/14 01:13 PM
north alabama
shooters Offline
12 point
shooters  Offline
12 point
north alabama
Some of that is true, but make the punishment fit the crime!
If a hunter is caught tresspassing its 500 to 1000 dollar fine! Dog hunters are suppost to get 3 chances before permits are taken away? How is that right or just? As i ask Daniel. If i come into YOUR yard after midnight barking and howling 3 seperate times are you really going to put up with that? Is anyone here that dog deer hunts going to tell me they would put up with this 3 times?

Re: Question on the dog hunting? [Re: Dquailhunter] #926710
04/07/14 01:20 PM
04/07/14 01:20 PM
wedowee
daniel white Offline
Booner
daniel white  Offline
Booner
wedowee
Shooter, I have a simple solution. Since you have deep pockets. Go around and buy up all the deer dogs that borders your land then do what u want to with them. laugh

"You do and it will be the biggest mistake you ever made, you Texas brush popper" John Wayne
Re: Question on the dog hunting? [Re: daniel white] #926720
04/07/14 01:25 PM
04/07/14 01:25 PM
north alabama
shooters Offline
12 point
shooters  Offline
12 point
north alabama
No thanks! I will just wait for my feed-up neighbors and friends to put a bullet between their eyes!!!! thumbup This way i can lease up more land in NON- dog running countys! rofl

Re: Question on the dog hunting? [Re: Dquailhunter] #926734
04/07/14 01:36 PM
04/07/14 01:36 PM
The Woods
C
CPiper Offline
4 point
CPiper  Offline
4 point
C
The Woods
Taking matters into your own hands can get you dead.
Shooting someone;s dog can cost you more than you want to pay.
Both of these are no the answer to the problem.
Both of these make the situation worse.

Will I address the problem? Yes!!!
But I will address it with wisdom. I will think past what is going on at this specific moment in time. And I write this with the voice of experience.

Short Story .... BAD horrible terrible neighbors. Young punk and thugs. Drugs. Shooting into neighborhood houses. Public drunks. Vandelism. BAD folks.
We called the cops time after time after time after time, for years. Simple charges like disorderly conduct. There were laws in place to address their illegal behavior, but what we heard time after time after time after time is "They have rights too" and "let the system play out". One day I had enough. I met these punks and thugs in MY front yard. 3 of em jumped on me and put me on the ground. I got hit and kicked. No serious injury. Cops called. 2 of them go to jail. The 3rd hides. I am told the next day that I (ME) will have to do the leg/paper work of getting the 3rd guy arrested. The LAW says I didnt have to do this - the cops were wrong. Several more days go by before the 3rd guy is arrested. Same ole junk keeps going on .... fights, shootings .... another fight breaks out and I see what I think is a human being beat to death by 2 other humans. I see punks on one side of my yard (the ones that jumped on me) head towards the punks and thugs on the other side on my yard. They appear to meet in the middle (AGAIN). I step out on my back porch and fire ONE (1) round of 3" 12ga shot shell up in the air. I get arrested - illegal to fire a weapon in the city limits.
I took matters into MY hands. Two times. And it cost me. It could have been worse. I grew tired of this mess, VERY tired. My son was threatened in his own yard. It was a hell of a situation to live in.
These punks and thugs infringed on me and my family a lot more then three times. Laws were in place. The law (cops & judges & attorneys) were involved for years.
I took matters into my own hands. Wrong! Wont do that again. Lesson learned.
I hired a good lawyer and got the charges against me dropped. But it cost me, more then I wanted to pay.

In spite of the law(s) in place, in spite of these punks and thugs getting arrested multiple times, in spite of whatever, things did not get better, and my actions made the situation worse for me and my family.

Call the law. Each and every time the dogs are on your property. Do not shoot the dog. Call the law. Let the LEO do his/her job. Hire a lawyer and sue the land owner.

There are things I would not put up with 3 times in a row from neighbors. And, there are things I would put up with 3+ times in a row. Weigh my options. Think BIG picture. Seek counsel. But to shoot someone's dog and take matters into my hands, No Sir!!!

Re: Question on the dog hunting? [Re: CPiper] #926759
04/07/14 01:50 PM
04/07/14 01:50 PM
north alabama
shooters Offline
12 point
shooters  Offline
12 point
north alabama
Ever man must decide where to draw the line! Shooting a dog is NOT the same as a Micheal Vic crime is a felony, but with a lawyer it will most likely be plead bargined to a misdemeaner and a fine! If you are STUPID enough to shoot a human over a dog you will see the in side of a prison! Why should good people suffer from outlaw deer dog hunters repeatively having dogs tresspass on there OWN land???????? They have call the GW, the sheriff,. and the lease holder. Now you expect a lawyer to have to get involved?? Sounds like to me my friends and neighbors have done enough!!! I do not blame them, for taking aim and firing a shot right between the dogs eyes! When a man gets feed -up enough is enough! I not worry about by buddies safty, 1 friend did 2 tours in Afghanistan and has said HE WILL have no more of this crap!! I hate the fact that i am have to go to another county but i am afraid things are going to get out of control over some STUPID deer dogs that are tresspassing were they shouldnt be!

Re: Question on the dog hunting? [Re: Dquailhunter] #926789
04/07/14 02:12 PM
04/07/14 02:12 PM
The Woods
C
CPiper Offline
4 point
CPiper  Offline
4 point
C
The Woods
Another short true story ..... Still hunter tired of dogs on his property. Shoots 2 dogs. Investigation conducted. Shooter found. Paid $10k in restitution to dog owner PLUS lawyer fees (his and dog owner) PLUS fired from his job. A high price to pay for a dog.

Another short true story .... a group of WEALTHY land owners tired of dogs on their land. They fill eggs with poison and place these eggs around their property. Multiple dogs die. Local and state law enforcement called in, and eventually the DEA called in. Big investigation. a lot of money and energy was spent. Wealthy land owners found guilty and paid a hefty fine.
They grew tired of the dogs and they took matters into their own hands. They paid a healthy cost AND have a reputation as law breakers, and as "hunters" that will put the state's natural resources at risk by placing poison in the wild woods.
Stupid from many different views.

I (ME) am not stupid enough to shoot a human over a dog, BUT, this world is full of stupid folks now days. Is it worth the risk?
Is your life worth a dog? There are CrAzY people out in the world now days that will kill you for just looking at them "wrong".

When a man gets fed up and allows emotions to take control, he will do some stupid things.

I hate for any of us hunters to be put in a place of compromise from another hunter. I feel for you. If I could change it, I would. But, keep your head and wits.

How many tours of foreign military duty a man has had does not matter. If anything, this should make him smarter and wiser in this "battle".

Be smart. Be wise. Dont be stupid. Stand your ground. Dont give up. Work within the law to make changes in your specific situation. Call your state senator or rep and make an appointment for a face-to-face meeting (if you are registered to vote, he will listen to you).

Re: Question on the dog hunting? [Re: Dquailhunter] #926803
04/07/14 02:18 PM
The Woods
C
CPiper Offline
4 point
CPiper  Offline
4 point
C
The Woods
"Whenever men take the law into their own hands, the loser is the law. And when the law loses, freedom languishes"

Robert Francis Kennedy

Re: Question on the dog hunting? [Re: CPiper] #926804
If you only knew.....
Tru-Talker Offline
Booner
Tru-Talker  Offline
Booner
If you only knew.....
Originally Posted By: CPiper
"Whenever men take the law into their own hands, the loser is the law. And when the law loses, freedom languishes"

Robert Francis Kennedy

Boy was he wrong....

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius
Re: Question on the dog hunting? [Re: Tru-Talker] #926829
04/07/14 02:31 PM
04/07/14 02:31 PM
north alabama
shooters Offline
12 point
shooters  Offline
12 point
north alabama
Yep! None of these guys are Mahatma Gandhi! Just feed up rednecks! I say if they want to shoot the dogs, do it !

Re: Question on the dog hunting? [Re: shooters] #926834
04/07/14 02:34 PM
04/07/14 02:34 PM
north alabama
shooters Offline
12 point
shooters  Offline
12 point
north alabama
Originally Posted By: shooters
If a hunter is caught tresspassing its 500 to 1000 dollar fine! Dog hunters are suppost to get 3 chances before permits are taken away? How is that right or just? As i ask Daniel. If i come into YOUR yard after midnight barking and howling 3 seperate times are you really going to put up with that? Is anyone here that dog deer hunts going to tell me they would put up with this 3 times?
Like i said enough with the Mahatma Gandhi stuff! This is what were originally talking about!

Re: Question on the dog hunting? [Re: shooters] #926874
04/07/14 02:55 PM
04/07/14 02:55 PM
wedowee
daniel white Offline
Booner
daniel white  Offline
Booner
wedowee

Like i said enough with the Mahatma Gandhi stuff! This is what were originally talking about!

Man, you should run for congress, because you would fit right in up there. The laws that are in place are for a reason. One time dog trespasses, maybe it was a accident, second maybe not, but the third time. No it's defiantly not so therefore you get in trouble. I mean, you are talking fineing people for breaking the law, and then you talk about killing dogs. The law is the law aint it, it's ok for you to break it, but not no one else?? Or am I misunderstanding that? I aint gonna argue with you, because they aint no hope in sight, so you keep doing what you want to and I will do the same. thumbup

Re: Question on the dog hunting? [Re: Dquailhunter] #926906
04/07/14 03:13 PM
04/07/14 03:13 PM
Cantonment FL
wareagle22 Offline
8 point
wareagle22  Offline
8 point
Cantonment FL
The 3 strike law is against the club as a WHOLE! Every member does not get 3 chances. The 3 strike rule is an incentive for the club to rid itself of the outlaws before the trouble starts.

Fatal Attraxion Custom Calls
Re: Question on the dog hunting? [Re: daniel white] #926910
04/07/14 03:14 PM
04/07/14 03:14 PM
north alabama
shooters Offline
12 point
shooters  Offline
12 point
north alabama
The reason my friends and neighbors are GOING to break the law is because after multiple times the law has done nothing! You danceing around the guestion to avoid the truth! IF i come into your yard after midnite barking and howling ARE you going to put up with it three times before you do anything?????? No deer dog hunter will be HONEST enough to answer this guestion! Their 4 i call whats happening to my friends Exigent circumstances. I feel that they have done everything they can ,to be fair this is how lots of dog hunters act!!!You seam to want to shiff blame and not answer the guestions. Where not talking about 1 accident dog, then number 2 ops my dogs did it again then 3 o no you pulled my permits! We are talking about 4 or 5 trips by GW and 2 or 3 by the sheriff. I am sorry but fair is fair, these deer dogs deserve the death penalty ! Deer Dog hunters always want things there way! Do i get to tresspass on your land 3 times with no fines , of course not. What if i showed up dead in the middle of how ever many acres you owned and simply said" im lost i dont deserve a ticket even though i look like im hunting" ???? Do you really think thats fair??? Because if you do , you have to give me 2 more chances to "get lost on accident"! You dont want to argue because YOU know I am correct!!! Deer dog hunter are pushing land OWNERS to have to defend their land!

Last edited by shooters; 04/07/14 03:15 PM.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.