</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Competition Electronics ProChrono DLX Chronograph
by specialk. 05/19/24 07:42 PM
Kids Golf Club Set RH
by SuperSpike. 05/19/24 05:42 PM
Schwinn Tricycle
by SuperSpike. 05/19/24 05:30 PM
Remington 7600 matte black 3006 pump.
by BBGM. 05/19/24 05:18 PM
Ruger m77 mark 2 wood blued with scope 308
by BBGM. 05/19/24 05:14 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump
by Ridge Life. 05/19/24 08:29 PM
Tennessee
by ridgestalker. 05/18/24 07:18 AM
Research Update
by Ben2. 05/17/24 08:35 PM
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by marshmud991. 05/17/24 08:29 PM
research data base
by Frankie. 05/17/24 07:50 PM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Marengo County Club
by EarlPitts. 05/17/24 04:02 PM
Franklin county Al
by BigBuck10. 05/11/24 09:29 AM
Eastern Coosa County Hog
by Morris. 05/09/24 10:53 AM
Lowndes county club
by Doeslayer44. 05/07/24 10:11 AM
Looking for Turkey Hunting Land
by Nightwatchman. 05/06/24 01:46 PM
Who's Online Now
9 registered members (BAR1225, russellb, BRP549, DThrash, Tree Dweller, Doeslayer44, Geezer, MTeague, 1 invisible), 1,239 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: The Bible [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4113664
04/08/24 09:24 AM
04/08/24 09:24 AM
dora alabama
M
mathews prostaff Offline
4 point
mathews prostaff  Offline
4 point
M
dora alabama
Paul fish the king james is the furtherest thing from catholic as you can get. I encourage you all to watch chris pinto documentaries the lamp in the dark.tares among wheat.and Bridge to babylon. and be carefully about listening to textual critics like James white. the king james got it right when they put easter in the Bible cause sometimes easter does fall around the time of passover. Easter was a pagan celebration of the pagan goddess Ishtar. or semiramis Easter is paganism. catholicismis paganism in christian garb. thats why they have no problem celebrating it except they call semiramis mary. the king james is the bible it is the word of God. thats why it is always under attack. .

Re: The Bible [Re: mathews prostaff] #4113667
04/08/24 09:33 AM
04/08/24 09:33 AM
Northport, AL
GomerPyle Offline
Impatient Stinky Britches Wearin’ Off-Roadin’ Guru
GomerPyle  Offline
Northport, AL
Originally Posted by mathews prostaff
Paul fish the king james is the furtherest thing from catholic as you can get. I encourage you all to watch chris pinto documentaries the lamp in the dark.tares among wheat.and Bridge to babylon. and be carefully about listening to textual critics like James white. the king james got it right when they put easter in the Bible cause sometimes easter does fall around the time of passover. Easter was a pagan celebration of the pagan goddess Ishtar. or semiramis Easter is paganism. catholicismis paganism in christian garb. thats why they have no problem celebrating it except they call semiramis mary. the king james is the bible it is the word of God. thats why it is always under attack. .

I don't claim to know the answer to this debate, but trying to read your posts (on any subject) and trying to wade through the typos, spacing (or lack thereof), punctuation errors and grammatical errors is giving me Forest Whitaker eye.

[Linked Image]

There are 3 certainties in an uncertain world:

1. All Politicians Are Liars
2. All Gun Laws Are an Infringement
3. Taxation Is Theft
Re: The Bible [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4113672
04/08/24 09:44 AM
04/08/24 09:44 AM
dora alabama
M
mathews prostaff Offline
4 point
4 point
M
dora alabama
gomer you are very eloquent. I do admire your ability to put your thoughts on this forum. I've always read your post and thought how good you are at communication. my thoughts run faster than my fingers. I'll try to slow down but I'm not promising anything.

Re: The Bible [Re: mathews prostaff] #4113715
04/08/24 10:43 AM
04/08/24 10:43 AM
Guadalajoover
J
joe sixpack Online content
10 point
joe sixpack  Online Content
10 point
J
Guadalajoover
Joe. the king james is the Bible it is the preserved word of God. that's why it is constantly attacked.satan has been attacking the word of God since the garden of eden when he told eve yeah hath God said?. the king james translators were absolutely brilliant men many spoke 7 or more languages. the king james magnifies Jesus Christ the corrupt modern versions take away from the deity of Christ. there are basically 2 streams of text the Alexandria text type and the Syriac text. in the Alexandria text you thave the vaticanus the sinaticus and the Alexandria. those 3 don't even agree with each other. matter of fact they disagree with each other over 3000 times. the majority text or the Syriac or byzantine which is up to 6000 manuscripts all say the same thing the only difference is spelling. if they found it in Spain they spelled his name Pedro in English we say Peter. but the text was the same. the majority text is where the tyndale the mathews the bishops the Geneva the great Bible and the king james come from. Paul said in Corinthians that we are not as many which corrupt the word of God. they were corrupting the word in Paul's day. Paul and Peter and them were dealing with the gnostic. who did not believe in the deity of Christ. that's why Paul said if anyone preaches a different gospel or a different Jesus let him be accursed. the Alexandrians were a bunch of gnostic led by their cult leader origen.the first mention of the Alexandrians is in the book of acts were they were arguing with Stephen the Christian. the king james is the word of God the modern versions based on the minority text are jesuit catholic bibles.

Not exactly, it is the Word of God as interpreted by King James. In addition to some inaccurate translations arising from his translators only being familiar with classical Greek and not the Koine dialect in which most of the original texts were written, James himself ordered some deliberate changes to support his political positions and give them "holy blessing" as it were.

Re: The Bible [Re: deadeye48] #4113718
04/08/24 10:57 AM
04/08/24 10:57 AM
Lower Alabama
Andalusia Offline
10 point
Andalusia  Offline
10 point
Lower Alabama
Originally Posted by deadeye48
Originally Posted by Antelope08
Originally Posted by Andalusia
This is why praying to God to open your heart and mind to reveal and understand His Word before opening your Bible each time is a blessing. Also praying for Him to reveal something new in passages you have read many times is also enlightening.

Exactly....I always ask God to give me an understanding of His Word, before and after I read them. I have to admit, sometimes I don't understand some of the scriptures, but I continue to read to get that understanding over time.....

Praying to God to guide you in something that is corrupt is utterly useless and all interpretations are corrupt
You need to go to school to learn Corny Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic
Then you find the original text to study and then pray to our Holy God for direction and understanding otherwise we’re all doomed to Gahenna with the devil and the rest of the unbelievers

I never underestimate the power of prayer and God will guide me to what is right. I don't know the plans that God has for me and they may differ from what I think or pray for but I do trust fully in Him and feel certain he does not require everyone to learn Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic otherwise we are all doomed. Do I trust blindly in any bible version or any Pastor or person-absolutely not...I trust in God with everything, knowing he will reveal what is true at a time of His choosing.

"If you are the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room"

"How you do Anything, is how you do Everything"

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it"
Re: The Bible [Re: Andalusia] #4113721
04/08/24 11:09 AM
04/08/24 11:09 AM
Louisiana to Central AL
Antelope08 Offline
4 point
Antelope08  Offline
4 point
Louisiana to Central AL
Originally Posted by deadeye48
Originally Posted by Antelope08
This is why praying to God to open your heart and mind to reveal and understand His Word before opening your Bible each time is a blessing. Also praying for Him to reveal something new in passages you have read many times is also enlightening.

Exactly....I always ask God to give me an understanding of His Word, before and after I read them. I have to admit, sometimes I don't understand some of the scriptures, but I continue to read to get that understanding over time.....

Praying to God to guide you in something that is corrupt is utterly useless and all interpretations are corrupt
You need to go to school to learn Corny Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic
Then you find the original text to study and then pray to our Holy God for direction and understanding otherwise we’re all doomed to Gahenna with the devil and the rest of the unbelievers

I never underestimate the power of prayer and God will guide me to what is right. I don't know the plans that God has for me and they may differ from what I think or pray for but I do trust fully in Him and feel certain he does not require everyone to learn Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic otherwise we are all doomed. Do I trust blindly in any bible version or any Pastor or person-absolutely not...I trust in God with everything, knowing he will reveal what is true at a time of His choosing.

I have depended on God and him giving me an understanding of His Word for many years, most of my adult life, but not all of it, like others I drifted away into the worldly addictions, but His Word and trusting in him always brought me back, no need for me to learn Greek, Hebrew or Aramaic at this stage of my life.....

Re: The Bible [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4113733
04/08/24 11:33 AM
04/08/24 11:33 AM
UR 6
top cat Offline
Freak of Nature
top cat  Offline
Freak of Nature
UR 6

I read daily

LUCK:::; When presistence, dedication, perspiration and preparation meet up with opportunity!!!
- - - - - - - -A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take everything you have. Thomas Jeferson - - - - - - - -
Re: The Bible [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4113737
04/08/24 11:39 AM
04/08/24 11:39 AM
dora alabama
M
mathews prostaff Offline
4 point
4 point
M
dora alabama
Joe they the translators spoke koine greek. and the kings orders was to keep it as close to the bishops Bible as possible. the king james is the Bible of protestantism. I encourage you to watch the documentaries I recommended to Paul fish by Chris pinto. the lamp in the dark the tares among wheat and bridge to babylon. again the king james translators were brilliant men who spoke a ton of languages fluently. do a deep dive into those guys. I belive the word of God is both inspired and preserved. you cannot believe in inspiration without preservation. the king james is the inspired preserved word of God.

Re: The Bible [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4113738
04/08/24 11:41 AM
04/08/24 11:41 AM
dora alabama
M
mathews prostaff Offline
4 point
4 point
M
dora alabama
the catholics burned bibles and Bible believers. those guys like tyndale and cramner died defending the word of God. and I will boldly proclaim and defend the word of God myself.

Re: The Bible [Re: mathews prostaff] #4113752
04/08/24 12:25 PM
04/08/24 12:25 PM
Northport
B
Bamarich2 Offline
8 point
Bamarich2  Offline
8 point
B
Northport
Joe. the king james is the Bible it is the preserved word of God. that's why it is constantly attacked.satan has been attacking the word of God since the garden of eden when he told eve yeah hath God said?. the king james translators were absolutely brilliant men many spoke 7 or more languages. the king james magnifies Jesus Christ the corrupt modern versions take away from the deity of Christ. there are basically 2 streams of text the Alexandria text type and the Syriac text. in the Alexandria text you thave the vaticanus the sinaticus and the Alexandria. those 3 don't even agree with each other. matter of fact they disagree with each other over 3000 times. the majority text or the Syriac or byzantine which is up to 6000 manuscripts all say the same thing the only difference is spelling. if they found it in Spain they spelled his name Pedro in English we say Peter. but the text was the same. the majority text is where the tyndale the mathews the bishops the Geneva the great Bible and the king james come from. Paul said in Corinthians that we are not as many which corrupt the word of God. they were corrupting the word in Paul's day. Paul and Peter and them were dealing with the gnostic. who did not believe in the deity of Christ. that's why Paul said if anyone preaches a different gospel or a different Jesus let him be accursed. the Alexandrians were a bunch of gnostic led by their cult leader origen.the first mention of the Alexandrians is in the book of acts were they were arguing with Stephen the Christian. the king james is the word of God the modern versions based on the minority text are jesuit catholic bibles.

Respectfully, this is wrong on so many counts. The primary thing people need to know about this post is that finding unbiased information about this subject is difficult. KJV supporters often overstate and even misrepresent the historical truth to promote their version... and KJV detractors often do the same thing. If we go back and do an unbiased search, we find that the KJV of 1611 was produced because a king largely wanted to do away with the influence of the Geneva Bible in his country - a translation which was starting to cause problems for both he and the Catholic church. He also hoped that the new translation would be accepted by all major religious groups in his county - thereby cementing his status as their ruler. Nevertheless, God has used wicked people throughout history to accomplish His purposes... so we shouldn't automatically discount the KJV because of the circumstances of its formation.

Translations are formed from studying manuscripts. A manuscript is a copy of a biblical text. We don't have any of the original (autographs) copies of biblical books, so we have to rely upon manuscripts - we have about 24,000 ancient copies of parts of the bible. The "majority text" is formed by looking at numbers - for instance if you have 500 copies of Matthew and 400 of them are united on a specific wording, that wording is used. However, that philosophy doesn't take into account (1) age or (2) location. Because copy errors are more likely to occur as time goes along, we would generally expect a manuscript from 500 AD to be closer to the original than one from 1000 AD. Yet, we have FAR more manuscripts from 1200-1400 than say from 400-600. Our manuscripts largely come from the influence of the Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches... but there are FAR more of them from Roman Catholic areas than Orthodox due to the fact that the Orthodox started using Latin while the Roman Catholics continued to use Greek over the centuries. Since the "Majority Text" doesn't factor into age or the change in languages for the Orthodox areas, the "Majority Text" is based upon manuscripts that were MANY centuries removed from the originals and it is largely tied to Roman Catholicism.

The "Critical Text", on the other hand, prioritizes earlier manuscripts as likely being more accurate - even though there aren't as many of them. Over the years, as more and more early manuscripts have been discovered, there has been a good bit of revision in the effort to get as close to the original time as possible. Thus, the "Majority Text" was based upon manuscripts that were composed many centuries later than those of the Critical Text. But here's the thing about the KJV... it was based on the Textus Receptus - a work that was compiled from ONLY a half-dozen manuscripts. Although KJV translators used what was available to then and should be commended for that, the KJV was based upon a few of the thousands of manuscripts known to exist today.

But... here's the biggest thing to know that MP is incorrect about. Though there ARE differences between the Majority Text and the Critical Text, they agree in about 98% of the bible... with NONE of those differences being about matters of salvation. The idea that modern versions take away from Christ' Deity is hogwash and is only claimed because there is ONE passage which is found to disagree between the two texts. For the record, we can teach the Deity of Christ from MANY passages... it's not like this principle is only found in that one passage. None of this discussion, however, should cause anyone to think "do we even have God's word today". Whether you use a KJV or an ESV, we can be confident that God's word HAS been preserved throughout the ages!

Re: The Bible [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4113755
04/08/24 12:35 PM
04/08/24 12:35 PM
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
leroycnbucks Offline
Freak of Nature
leroycnbucks  Offline
Freak of Nature
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
I've never understood why there isn't a book or books in the bible about Jesus as a child. His birth as the son of God, his teachings as a young man, his death and then the resurrection. But nothing about his childhood. I can only imagine that it had to be very interesting how a boy deals with being the son of God. Can somebody help me with this?

Proud Army and ALNG veteran
God Bless America!
Re: The Bible [Re: leroycnbucks] #4113827
04/08/24 03:06 PM
04/08/24 03:06 PM
Northport
B
Bamarich2 Offline
8 point
Bamarich2  Offline
8 point
B
Northport
Originally Posted by leroycnbucks
I've never understood why there isn't a book or books in the bible about Jesus as a child. His birth as the son of God, his teachings as a young man, his death and then the resurrection. But nothing about his childhood. I can only imagine that it had to be very interesting how a boy deals with being the son of God. Can somebody help me with this?

Obviously, it was God’s choice to reveal what He did and exclude everything else. I suppose from a human standpoint, we might tend to focus on things less important if more was written. Clearly, Christ’s ministry/death/burial/resurrection and things such as fulfillment of OT prophecy were critical to cover. Then there’s John 21:25… how big would a book get that would contain all of those things? As it stands, the Bible in its form today can be easily printed and carried anywhere.

Re: The Bible [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4113853
04/08/24 03:33 PM
04/08/24 03:33 PM
sellers, montgomery county
P
paulfish4570 Offline
12 point
paulfish4570  Offline
12 point
P
sellers, montgomery county
you would be categorically wrong, mr. prostaff. i don't know any of those people you mentioned. i don't watch videos or podcasts on such issues. i read scholars. the kjv is a state bible ordered by james and the church of england. there is ZERO reason to put a pagan fertility goddess celebration in the bible for ANY reason. it has led to the commercial E stuff that is conflated with holy week by church after church after church of shallow believers and pastors who refuse to see and admit the horror. holy week happens on passover week. it is reckoned by moon phases. ancient pagans reckoned celebrations by moon phases as well. the babylonian fertility celebration falls on the same moon phase as passover. the catholics threw E in there to say, hey you pagans! we celebrate the same thing but different! we say ours is better! disgusting syncretism used by protestants of almost all stripes ...

paulfish4570
Joshua 1:9
Re: The Bible [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4113860
04/08/24 03:45 PM
04/08/24 03:45 PM
tuscaloosa
K
kkfish Offline
8 point
kkfish  Offline
8 point
K
tuscaloosa
Nobody will solve this issue because anything man touches has an agenda behind it. Believe in God and realize we are special because of him. This world isn’t in the right place with the right resources for us by chance. Some things we will never know until we get there

Re: The Bible [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4113863
04/08/24 03:48 PM
04/08/24 03:48 PM
dora alabama
M
mathews prostaff Offline
4 point
4 point
M
dora alabama
Paul fish the king james was translated from the majority or syriac text type. they were called christians first in Antioch do u know where Antioch was. that's Wright. Syria. I also like to learn from scholars I will watch james white Paul washer john mccaurther and several other calvanist just to see what the other side is saying. I just do not agree with them. God inspired His word AND HE PRESERVED His word it is preserved in the majority text such as the tyndale the Coverdale the mathews the bishops the great Bible the Geneva Bible and the king james.

Re: The Bible [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4113873
04/08/24 04:09 PM
04/08/24 04:09 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Alot of talk about versions of bible and men to listen to, not much said about the Spirit. I find that very strange. Without the Spirit, none of you will ever understand one word of any version of the bible. Funny how Jesus tried to teach the apostles spiritual things for years and they just never got it. 2000 years later here we are in a biblical debate, whos right and whos wrong and the Spirit is still being left out by those who appear to be the most knowledgable about God and his word and ways. Not much has changed. That everlasting water sure is good. Yall aught to get you a drink of it. Personally, i would take one ounce of Spirit over a triaxle load of knowledge.

Last edited by jwalker77; 04/08/24 04:24 PM.
Re: The Bible [Re: jwalker77] #4113883
04/08/24 04:32 PM
04/08/24 04:32 PM
Northport, AL
GomerPyle Offline
GomerPyle  Offline
Northport, AL
Originally Posted by jwalker77
...2000 years later here we are in a biblical debate, whos right and whos wrong and the Spirit is still being left out by those who appear to be the most knowledgable about God and his word and ways...

Kinda reminiscent of the Pharisees arguing with Jesus...the people who were supposed to be the most knowledgeable teachers were the ones missing the point the most...

There are 3 certainties in an uncertain world:

1. All Politicians Are Liars
2. All Gun Laws Are an Infringement
3. Taxation Is Theft
Re: The Bible [Re: jwalker77] #4113900
04/08/24 04:56 PM
04/08/24 04:56 PM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Offline OP
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Offline OP
Booner
M
Chilton County
Alot of talk about versions of bible and men to listen to, not much said about the Spirit. I find that very strange. Without the Spirit, none of you will ever understand one word of any version of the bible. Funny how Jesus tried to teach the apostles spiritual things for years and they just never got it. 2000 years later here we are in a biblical debate, whos right and whos wrong and the Spirit is still being left out by those who appear to be the most knowledgable about God and his word and ways. Not much has changed. That everlasting water sure is good. Yall aught to get you a drink of it. Personally, i would take one ounce of Spirit over a triaxle load of knowledge.

I agree with everything you said up until the last sentence. Just from my time on here and our discussions, you seem to hold a very low view of the Bible or hold it in high regard, at all. God revealed Himself and the knowledge of His Son through scripture (special revelation). Its not merely about gaining knowledge to win some kind of debate. Your knowledge of God seems to center on Charismatic, Kenneth Copeland-style revelation rather than the 66 books of the Bible. Is that correct?

Psalm 19:7-10

7The Law of the LORD is perfect,

reviving the soul;

the testimony of the LORD is trustworthy,

making wise the simple.

8The precepts of the LORD are right,

bringing joy to the heart;

the commandments of the LORD are radiant,

giving light to the eyes.

9The fear of the LORD is pure,

enduring forever;

the judgments of the LORD are true,

being altogether righteous.

10They are more precious than gold,

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton
Re: The Bible [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4113911
04/08/24 05:10 PM
04/08/24 05:10 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Mark. You need to talk about something you know about and im not it.

Re: The Bible [Re: jwalker77] #4113913
04/08/24 05:11 PM
04/08/24 05:11 PM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Offline OP
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Offline OP
Booner
M
Chilton County
Mark. You need to talk about something you know about and im not it.

I'm just going by your posts I've seen for years, now. If we need to take it offline send me a PM.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.