</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Competition Electronics ProChrono DLX Chronograph
by specialk. 05/19/24 07:42 PM
Kids Golf Club Set RH
by SuperSpike. 05/19/24 05:42 PM
Schwinn Tricycle
by SuperSpike. 05/19/24 05:30 PM
Remington 7600 matte black 3006 pump.
by BBGM. 05/19/24 05:18 PM
Ruger m77 mark 2 wood blued with scope 308
by BBGM. 05/19/24 05:14 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump
by Ridge Life. 05/19/24 08:29 PM
Tennessee
by ridgestalker. 05/18/24 07:18 AM
Research Update
by Ben2. 05/17/24 08:35 PM
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by marshmud991. 05/17/24 08:29 PM
research data base
by Frankie. 05/17/24 07:50 PM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Marengo County Club
by EarlPitts. 05/17/24 04:02 PM
Franklin county Al
by BigBuck10. 05/11/24 09:29 AM
Eastern Coosa County Hog
by Morris. 05/09/24 10:53 AM
Lowndes county club
by Doeslayer44. 05/07/24 10:11 AM
Looking for Turkey Hunting Land
by Nightwatchman. 05/06/24 01:46 PM
Who's Online Now
10 registered members (russellb, BRP549, DThrash, Tree Dweller, Doeslayer44, Geezer, MTeague, joe sixpack, 2 invisible), 1,235 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4089313
02/23/24 08:08 PM
02/23/24 08:08 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Bill, some of the other guys have been agreeing with me. Some have texted me about it. And i understand how it must hurt you being wrong, but you are. Read Romans 12 and tell me theres no way for a newly saved person to know how to act like a christian. Its right there. But if that part of the bible dont matter to you, its pointless to read it. The things ive been repeating, you refuse to talk about because its the bible making you wrong, not me. I just keep giving you scripture that says something different than youre saying, but you wont accept that so that part of the bible just isnt important.

Last edited by jwalker77; 02/23/24 08:13 PM.
Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4089325
02/23/24 08:28 PM
02/23/24 08:28 PM
Montgomery, AL
Hunting-231 Offline
14 point
Hunting-231  Offline
14 point
Montgomery, AL
Back to the original topic/question:

I literally view God as a Father. I think back to when I was a child and young adult and how my Dad would correct me: sometimes it was a conversation, sometimes admonishment, sometimes taking things from me that I viewed as valuable and necessary, and other times it was corporal (whipping). My Dad was/is an exceptionally fair and reasonable man - he always has been. When I was being punished; if was ALWAYS reasonable, just and fair, I may not have liked it at the time - but I believe in my heart that my Dad believed it would correct a bad behavior. I don't believe that I have ever done anything that my Dad hasn't extended forgiveness although he probably hasn't forgotten some of my "GREATEST" stupid feats.

I say all of that to say - I believe there are ABSOLUTELY NO SINS (homosexuality, blasphemy, rape, murder,..etc.) that cannot be forgiven by God (after all - he is the ultimate judge), IF you ask for forgiveness and repent. To say otherwise, would be to place limits on God's grace which is not only an arrogant belief, but ignorant.

Several years ago I participated in a mission trip to Bulgaria - on the pulpit was written in granite: Бог те обича, но той е справедлив, which translates to "God loves you, but He is Just."

"The struggle you're in today, is developing the strength you need for tomorrow."
Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: Hunting-231] #4089339
02/23/24 08:55 PM
02/23/24 08:55 PM
Mobile, AL
P
Pwyse Offline
10 point
Pwyse  Offline
10 point
P
Mobile, AL
Originally Posted by Hunting-231
Back to the original topic/question:

I literally view God as a Father. I think back to when I was a child and young adult and how my Dad would correct me: sometimes it was a conversation, sometimes admonishment, sometimes taking things from me that I viewed as valuable and necessary, and other times it was corporal (whipping). My Dad was/is an exceptionally fair and reasonable man - he always has been. When I was being punished; if was ALWAYS reasonable, just and fair, I may not have liked it at the time - but I believe in my heart that my Dad believed it would correct a bad behavior. I don't believe that I have ever done anything that my Dad hasn't extended forgiveness although he probably hasn't forgotten some of my "GREATEST" stupid feats.

I say all of that to say - I believe there are ABSOLUTELY NO SINS (homosexuality, blasphemy, rape, murder,..etc.) that cannot be forgiven by God (after all - he is the ultimate judge), IF you ask for forgiveness and repent. To say otherwise, would be to place limits on God's grace which is not only an arrogant belief, but ignorant.

Several years ago I participated in a mission trip to Bulgaria - on the pulpit was written in granite: Бог те обича, но той е справедлив, which translates to "God loves you, but He is Just."

I think that would have described God better if it said “God loves you AND He is just”

I believe when He looks at us, he either sees a sinner damned to hell, or he sees His Son Jesus.

Do you believe God punishes us for our sins if His Son paid the price for them?

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: jwalker77] #4089355
02/23/24 09:15 PM
02/23/24 09:15 PM
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...
bill Offline
Freak of Nature
bill  Offline
Freak of Nature
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...
Originally Posted by jwalker77
Bill, some of the other guys have been agreeing with me. Some have texted me about it. And i understand how it must hurt you being wrong, but you are. Read Romans 12 and tell me theres no way for a newly saved person to know how to act like a christian. Its right there. But if that part of the bible dont matter to you, its pointless to read it. The things ive been repeating, you refuse to talk about because its the bible making you wrong, not me. I just keep giving you scripture that says something different than youre saying, but you wont accept that so that part of the bible just isnt important.

Walker, I understand now that you're trolling me because there is no way you can think I've denied anything in the Bible and there is no way you've been a believer more than a few weeks and not know what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is. That's not something I'd joke about or troll someone over because that has serious implications. Sorry I got in your way. Carry on.

Last edited by bill; 02/23/24 09:16 PM.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard
Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: Pwyse] #4089357
02/23/24 09:16 PM
02/23/24 09:16 PM
Montgomery, AL
Hunting-231 Offline
14 point
Hunting-231  Offline
14 point
Montgomery, AL
Originally Posted by Pwyse

I absolutely believe that he will close one door (a potential blessing) if we fail to follow his path.

I also ABSOLUTELY believe that we have the free will to to disobey God (sin) and when we choose do to so; however, His will, will still be done - but, we will miss the blessing that comes by our disobedience.

To answer your questions very directly - Jesus paid the price (covered) for ALL of my sins, and without his sacrifice any and all efforts on my part would fall short of the Glory of God.

AND - I completely agree that you are correct, we are either damned to Hell or he sees His Son when facing judgement.

"The struggle you're in today, is developing the strength you need for tomorrow."
Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: Hunting-231] #4089398
02/23/24 10:09 PM
02/23/24 10:09 PM
Mobile, AL
P
Pwyse Offline
10 point
Pwyse  Offline
10 point
P
Mobile, AL
Originally Posted by Hunting-231
Originally Posted by Pwyse

I absolutely believe that he will close one door (a potential blessing) if we fail to follow his path.

I also ABSOLUTELY believe that we have the free will to to disobey God (sin) and when we choose do to so; however, His will, will still be done - but, we will miss the blessing that comes by our disobedience.

To answer your questions very directly - Jesus paid the price (covered) for ALL of my sins, and without his sacrifice any and all efforts on my part would fall short of the Glory of God.

AND - I completely agree that you are correct, we are either damned to Hell or he sees His Son when facing judgement.

Thanks for answering directly. This is something that I struggle with. I mean the punishment part. The withholding of blessings part. I guess really I don’t struggle with that concept. I believe it. But my problem in the past has been that when I have failed, satan uses my guilt or shame to plant seeds. Like when I fail… God disapproves of me. I struggle with equating that missed blessing to His love not being there. I struggle with believing His love is performance based. Even when I don’t realize I’m struggling with it, when I really dive deep into prayer He reveals to me that I am. It’s a concept, love NOT being performance based I mean, that is hard for me to get used to. Satan attacks me with that. Ever so subtly most of the time.

Sorry for getting so weirdo about that. Kinda feels good to lay that out there though.

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4089400
02/23/24 10:10 PM
02/23/24 10:10 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Ive thought alot about God punishing sin. Mostly because that has been preached to me all my life, "youll pay for your sins before you leave this place" referring to sins you sin after youre saved. Ive heard compelling arguments both ways. Heres my personal experience. If the Lord punished me every time i sin, i would be constantly punished. Thats not the case. Using Hunting-231s post about the father, i believe the answer is in there. There are sins we commit, by accident, for lack of a better word, they just happen before we think about it, and generally we feel bad about it as soon as it happens. We say Lird forgive me, and he does. But if we plan a sin and put our will before Gods, there might be some punishment required but not as if we pay for the sin, more about learning a lesson through pain. If we wake up every day and say, "Lord i know what you want from me but i dont care, im doing this instead", there will be something required to get us on the right path. This has been my experience in my life. I also believe i could prove it out with scripture. My answer would be not punished for every sin but will be punished for some. We do not have the ability to pay for any sin.

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: bill] #4089498
02/24/24 09:25 AM
02/24/24 09:25 AM
Lickskillet, AL
Irishguy Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Irishguy  Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Lickskillet, AL
Originally Posted by bill

This is the Gospel in its entirety, leaving nothing out.

God came to earth as a man.
He lived a perfect life
He died on the cross and was resurrected 3 days later.
His death on the cross was full atonement for every sin we ever committed.

That's it. That's the full Gospel and it's why the bible says it's so simple even a child can understand.

I'm going to have to agree with Bill on this one.

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: Irishguy] #4089515
02/24/24 10:06 AM
02/24/24 10:06 AM
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
leroycnbucks Offline
Freak of Nature
leroycnbucks  Offline
Freak of Nature
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
Originally Posted by Irishguy

He lived a perfect life

That's it. That's the full Gospel and it's why the bible says it's so simple even a child can understand.

Same here. It’s not as complicated as some might think.

Proud Army and ALNG veteran
God Bless America!
Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4089516
02/24/24 10:14 AM
02/24/24 10:14 AM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Yep, and Jesus is in the bible from genesis to revelations

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4089544
02/24/24 10:58 AM
02/24/24 10:58 AM
kyles
K
kyles Offline OP
8 point
kyles  Offline OP
8 point
K
kyles
I am at this forged in fire men’s meeting this morning. They are bringing the word here.God is still working boys. One thing he said was Christian men need to grow a back bone and go home and if you don’t wear the pants in your family put them on. Time to start back up.

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4089553
02/24/24 11:37 AM
02/24/24 11:37 AM
Georgia and Missouri
Semo Offline
12 point
Semo  Offline
12 point
Georgia and Missouri
Originally Posted by kyles
I am at this forged in fire men’s meeting this morning. They are bringing the word here.God is still working boys. One thing he said was Christian men need to grow a back bone and go home and if you don’t wear the pants in your family put them on. Time to start back up.

I'm sure they did. Seems a very surprising message from the "forged in fire mens meeting." I love that parable about Jesus telling that woman to make his sammich.

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: Semo] #4089580
02/24/24 12:10 PM
02/24/24 12:10 PM
Awbarn, AL
CNC Offline
Dances With Weeds
CNC  Offline
Dances With Weeds
Awbarn, AL
Originally Posted by Semo

I'm sure they did. Seems a very surprising message from the "forged in fire mens meeting." I love that parable about Jesus telling that woman to make his sammich.

laugh

We dont rent pigs
Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: Semo] #4089589
02/24/24 12:30 PM
02/24/24 12:30 PM
kyles
K
kyles Offline OP
8 point
kyles  Offline OP
8 point
K
kyles

I missed that parable. lol But I didn’t miss where he told men to be the spiritual leader of there home. He also told men how to love their wives .seem like the worlds way of marriage is not working to well

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4089616
02/24/24 01:34 PM
02/24/24 01:34 PM
Georgia and Missouri
Semo Offline
12 point
Semo  Offline
12 point
Georgia and Missouri

I missed that parable. lol But I didn’t miss where he told men to be the spiritual leader of there home. He also told men how to love their wives .seem like the worlds way of marriage is not working to well

Just giving you a hard time. Now, if you would have said you went to a wednesday night crafting party with your lesbian methodist pastor and she said christian men need go home and reclaim authority you'd have one heck of a story. smile

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4089620
02/24/24 01:37 PM
02/24/24 01:37 PM
kyles
K
kyles Offline OP
8 point
kyles  Offline OP
8 point
K
kyles
No harm done I enjoyed it

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: Irishguy] #4089872
02/25/24 03:39 AM
02/25/24 03:39 AM
Alabama
Jakethesnake Offline
The Flippin’ Idiot That Could Care Less
Jakethesnake  Offline
Alabama
Originally Posted by Irishguy

He lived a perfect life

Yeah that's the gospel according to the preachers I've heard.

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: jwalker77] #4089873
02/25/24 03:57 AM
02/25/24 03:57 AM
Alabama
Jakethesnake Offline
Jakethesnake  Offline
Alabama
Originally Posted by jwalker77
Yep, and Jesus is in the bible from genesis to revelations

Jesus is also missing from age what.... 12 to 32? Then he reappears being called out of Egypt riding on a donkey. Where was he? The parts missing from the Bible say he was learning reiki healing and teaching reincarnation. That he was married, had a brother, his mom was from an artificial birth. That he never was crucified.

According to Christianity...if a preacher rapes a little girl, confesses his sins, he will enter God's kingdom. The girl grows up with hurt and doesn't buy into the religion. She will be cast into hell forever. A lake of fire.

If the devil is the master of trickery and wise...he's gonna follow the book to his own demise?

Why are there pyramids on every planet? Lots of them?

The people that own most of the ancient writings are the ones controlling the narrative. The same ones that are dressed in red and black outfits, their klan is known for child molestation.

Amen means Amun...an Egyptian guy.

The name Jesus means Zuess. When we say that we're hailing Zuess.

These are big red flags to me and we keep passing these beliefs down to our kids. Jesus ain't even his name.

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4089874
02/25/24 03:58 AM
02/25/24 03:58 AM
Alabama
Jakethesnake Offline
Jakethesnake  Offline
Alabama
I'm pretty sure revelations was added to the Bible in 1835 by a group of guys.

Enki and Enlil are interesting.

The God in the bible is responsible for killing over 30k people in that book. What if he's actually Enki and Enlil and we've been fooled while our real Creator never spoke?

I don't know what to believe anymore. The more I study the more questions I have. Nobody knows for sure. One thing is for certain, it's a story written down by man. Not everyone on earth is gonna get the opportunity to hear about Jesus. So they deserve to go to hell? I just can't buy into this narrative anymore but that's just me. And that's coming from a guy that was a Bible thumper for 40yrs. Died in a wreck and went to heaven and got sent back. I know there's a heaven cause I've seen it. I think we get too caught up in the Bible myself. And then we have the old testament and new testament...that's even more ridiculous.

Last edited by Jakethesnake; 02/25/24 04:19 AM.
Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4089912
02/25/24 08:21 AM
02/25/24 08:21 AM
dora alabama
M
mathews prostaff Offline
4 point
mathews prostaff  Offline
4 point
M
dora alabama
God is not the author of confusion jake. that would be satan he is the father of lies. revelation was written by John who was the only disciple to die a natural death.i believe God allowed him to die an old man instead of a martyrs death because he was the only one who did not abandon Christ when He was on the cross. revelation is a mirror to the book of Daniel, you cannot understand revalation without the book of Daniel. scripture is very consistent.God promised to preserve His word. the Hebrew language did not have a "J" sound in English. they had the Y sound. my name in Spanish is Patricio in English it's patrick.same thing applies to the name of Jesus.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.