</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Competition Electronics ProChrono DLX Chronograph
by specialk. 05/19/24 07:42 PM
Kids Golf Club Set RH
by SuperSpike. 05/19/24 05:42 PM
Schwinn Tricycle
by SuperSpike. 05/19/24 05:30 PM
Remington 7600 matte black 3006 pump.
by BBGM. 05/19/24 05:18 PM
Ruger m77 mark 2 wood blued with scope 308
by BBGM. 05/19/24 05:14 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump
by Ridge Life. 05/19/24 08:29 PM
Tennessee
by ridgestalker. 05/18/24 07:18 AM
Research Update
by Ben2. 05/17/24 08:35 PM
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by marshmud991. 05/17/24 08:29 PM
research data base
by Frankie. 05/17/24 07:50 PM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Marengo County Club
by EarlPitts. 05/17/24 04:02 PM
Franklin county Al
by BigBuck10. 05/11/24 09:29 AM
Eastern Coosa County Hog
by Morris. 05/09/24 10:53 AM
Lowndes county club
by Doeslayer44. 05/07/24 10:11 AM
Looking for Turkey Hunting Land
by Nightwatchman. 05/06/24 01:46 PM
Who's Online Now
11 registered members (DThrash, Geezer, joe sixpack, Gavin65, Todd1700, David Ellis, Thread Killer, Woody1, Cactus_buck, Fl Panhandler, pvillehunter), 1,278 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Taylor Swift fans [Re: Happysappy] #4087869
02/21/24 09:07 AM
02/21/24 09:07 AM
dora alabama
M
mathews prostaff Offline
4 point
mathews prostaff  Offline
4 point
M
dora alabama
I agree mark. eph 2 10 says for we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works which God hath before ordained that we SHOULD walk in them. it says we should doesn't mean we always will. eph 2 8/9 tells us how we are saved. for by grace are ye saved through FAITH and that NOT of yourselves it is the gift of God NOT OF WORKS lest anyman should boast. matt 7:21-23 not everyone that saith unto me Lord Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.many will say to me in that day Lord Lord have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name cast out devils and in thy name done many wonderful WORKS? And then I will profess unto them I never knew you depart from me ye that WORK iniquity. these people were TRUSTING in their WORKS. Jesus said only those that do the will of the Father will enter. what is the WILL OF THE FATHER? John 6:40 and this is the WILL OF HIM that sent me. that everyone that seeth the Son and BELIEVETH on Him may have everlasting life and I will raise him up on the last day.

Re: Taylor Swift fans [Re: mathews prostaff] #4087879
02/21/24 09:24 AM
02/21/24 09:24 AM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Offline
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Offline
Booner
M
Chilton County
Originally Posted by mathews prostaff
I agree mark. eph 2 10 says for we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works which God hath before ordained that we SHOULD walk in them. it says we should doesn't mean we always will. eph 2 8/9 tells us how we are saved. for by grace are ye saved through FAITH and that NOT of yourselves it is the gift of God NOT OF WORKS lest anyman should boast. matt 7:21-23 not everyone that saith unto me Lord Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.many will say to me in that day Lord Lord have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name cast out devils and in thy name done many wonderful WORKS? And then I will profess unto them I never knew you depart from me ye that WORK iniquity. these people were TRUSTING in their WORKS. Jesus said only those that do the will of the Father will enter. what is the WILL OF THE FATHER? John 6:40 and this is the WILL OF HIM that sent me. that everyone that seeth the Son and BELIEVETH on Him may have everlasting life and I will raise him up on the last day.

I don't find any disagreement with any of what you said. I also agree that Billy Graham seemed to have softened his message in later years from repentance to " God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life". I won't go as far as saying he's not saved ( I don't know), but he did seem to compromise on the true Gospel and Paul addresses that in Galatians 1:8. Regarding salvation, Matthew 7:21 seems to be addressing God-fearers (like the Pharisees) who were not Christ followers. Believing God exists is not enough to save anyone if they're not a follower of Christ (Romans 1:20). If someone is genuinely converted, scripture informs us that they will "be kept to the end" (Matthew 24:13).

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton
Re: Taylor Swift fans [Re: Happysappy] #4087887
02/21/24 09:42 AM
02/21/24 09:42 AM
dora alabama
M
mathews prostaff Offline
4 point
mathews prostaff  Offline
4 point
M
dora alabama
yup. let me backtrack I don't know if graham is in hell but he taught a false gospel that said you have to repent "of your sins" if I have to stop sinning in order to be saved then that is a work I could boast in. the pharisee was trusting in the obedience to the law the tax collector HUMBLED himself before God the Bible says that God resist the proud but gives grace to the humble. rom 4:5 but to him that worked not,but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly his faith is counted for rightousness.

Re: Taylor Swift fans [Re: mathews prostaff] #4087894
02/21/24 09:50 AM
02/21/24 09:50 AM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Offline
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Offline
Booner
M
Chilton County
yup. let me backtrack I don't know if graham is in hell but he taught a false gospel that said you have to repent "of your sins" if I have to stop sinning in order to be saved then that is a work I could boast in. the pharisee was trusting in the obedience to the law the tax collector HUMBLED himself before God the Bible says that God resist the proud but gives grace to the humble. rom 4:5 but to him that worked not,but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly his faith is counted for rightousness.

Faith and repentance are different sides of the same coin. You cannot have one without the other. Scripture indicates faith comes directly from God, as does repentance. Regardless, a genuine, born-again Believer WILL repent and keep on repenting as they grow in sanctification.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton
Re: Taylor Swift fans [Re: mathews prostaff] #4087899
02/21/24 09:59 AM
02/21/24 09:59 AM
B
BPI Offline
14 point
BPI  Offline
14 point
B

He never preached sinless perfection. Like ever.

Re: Taylor Swift fans [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4087900
02/21/24 10:00 AM
02/21/24 10:00 AM
B
BPI Offline
14 point
BPI  Offline
14 point
B
Originally Posted by MarksOutdoors

Faith and repentance are different sides of the same coin. You cannot have one without the other. Scripture indicates faith comes directly from God, as does repentance. Regardless, a genuine, born-again Believer WILL repent and keep on repenting as they grow in sanctification.

BINGO !!!!!!!

Re: Taylor Swift fans [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4087912
02/21/24 10:25 AM
02/21/24 10:25 AM
AL
J
jhardy Offline
6 point
jhardy  Offline
6 point
J
AL
Originally Posted by jwalker77
Find a calvinist who will say they are saved and will admit they occasionally sin. I havent been able to do it. Have a conversation with them about a relationship with God. That should tell you all you need to know about them.

What is " Calvinism"?

Not sure what your definition of Calvinism is JW. You and I agree on a lot. That said, I am saved through Christ alone. I sin regularly and hate it. I try to avoid it and still do it.. I am in the process of being sanctified. I have a close relationship with Christ who sits at the right hand of the father and intercedes on my behalf. I am as close as you can get being a present day Calvinist. While you cannot say you have met me, you can say you know of a Calvinist that sins and has a relationship with the one true triune God.

Let me know your definition of Calvinism, and it might help to qualify my response.

Re: Taylor Swift fans [Re: Happysappy] #4087921
02/21/24 10:56 AM
02/21/24 10:56 AM
alabama
BhamFred Offline
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Offline
Freak of Nature
alabama
I thought this thread was about Taylor Swift....

no pics???

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one
Re: Taylor Swift fans [Re: Happysappy] #4087926
02/21/24 11:06 AM
02/21/24 11:06 AM
B
BPI Offline
14 point
BPI  Offline
14 point
B
Well.... it's about her selling her soul. so......

Re: Taylor Swift fans [Re: Backwards cowboy] #4087959
02/21/24 12:21 PM
02/21/24 12:21 PM
Jasper Al
E
eclipse829 Offline
10 point
eclipse829  Offline
10 point
E
Jasper Al
Originally Posted by Backwoods cowboy
Ok, big lesson learned here! Don't comment on a 7 page thread you only read two posts on!!!! Especially when the thread title is taylor swift, and your talking bible scriptures! I love yall, and I'll pray for yall. Lot of confusion going on here, and I don't want to add too. Just went back and read entire thread. I'm off this one!

Ole T Swift is sure inadvertently spreading the Gospel in this one. Albeit in 18 different directions.

Re: Taylor Swift fans [Re: BPI] #4087982
02/21/24 12:58 PM
02/21/24 12:58 PM
kyles
K
kyles Offline
8 point
kyles  Offline
8 point
K
kyles
Originally Posted by BPI
Originally Posted by BPI
Recognizing one's sin and being willing to turn from it and toward faith in Christ is all it takes to be saved. Its basically surrendering. That's not a long list at all. What comes after after conversion is a different story.

The only point I'm making is that the Bible does say repentance is necessary for conversion. Many times.

Also that Billy Graham was not a false teacher.

Read acts 16:30-31
Roman's 10:9
Mark 16:16
And you will see what the bible says it takes to be saved, don't take my word for it. You have to ADD the word repentance to any of these scriptures. I don't like posting on biblical things ,but I feel strongly about taking the bible for what it's says, not what we've always heard.

I'm not interested in getting into a swordfight. You can scroll back and read at least this many scriptures where iscripture plainly says to repent in regards to salvation. This isn't legalism. "Believing" In and of itself never saved anyone either. The demons believe enough to tremble, which is more belief than most people have, and we know they arent children of God. Placing your faith in Christ, in surrender -aka - repentance is what justifies us. There are many examples of those who did this in the NT. Some are already listed. Also, there are many examples of those who claimed belief, but held on to their old life or something they refused to let go of, such as the rich young ruler.

Repentance is not a sinless perfection doctrine or a works doctrine. It is biblical doctrine in regards to salvation. For instance, I don't remember ever "not" believing in Christ as I was in church from an early age. But I lived life my way and by my rules until I realized I was a sinner in my late 20's.. I already believed but never received. I had a mental faith not a heart change. When God revealed to me my sin and I saw what a dirt bag I was, it was then I asked for forgiveness and turned away from my sin, to Christ in faith. That's repentance. But somehow this is legalism ? I respectfully disagree.

Anyhow, its been a good discussion.

You are wasting your time when they skipped my question and brought up another scripture I realized what I was up against. I prayed last night that the Lord would forgive me for repenting and being convicted of my sin and so don’t think I am confused lol

Re: Taylor Swift fans [Re: kyles] #4088008
02/21/24 02:22 PM
02/21/24 02:22 PM
Xroads
B
Backwards cowboy Offline
6 point
Backwards cowboy  Offline
6 point
B
Xroads
Originally Posted by kyles
Originally Posted by BPI
Originally Posted by BPI
Recognizing one's sin and being willing to turn from it and toward faith in Christ is all it takes to be saved. Its basically surrendering. That's not a long list at all. What comes after after conversion is a different story.

The only point I'm making is that the Bible does say repentance is necessary for conversion. Many times.

Also that Billy Graham was not a false teacher.

Read acts 16:30-31
Roman's 10:9
Mark 16:16
And you will see what the bible says it takes to be saved, don't take my word for it. You have to ADD the word repentance to any of these scriptures. I don't like posting on biblical things ,but I feel strongly about taking the bible for what it's says, not what we've always heard.

I'm not interested in getting into a swordfight. You can scroll back and read at least this many scriptures where iscripture plainly says to repent in regards to salvation. This isn't legalism. "Believing" In and of itself never saved anyone either. The demons believe enough to tremble, which is more belief than most people have, and we know they arent children of God. Placing your faith in Christ, in surrender -aka - repentance is what justifies us. There are many examples of those who did this in the NT. Some are already listed. Also, there are many examples of those who claimed belief, but held on to their old life or something they refused to let go of, such as the rich young ruler.

Repentance is not a sinless perfection doctrine or a works doctrine. It is biblical doctrine in regards to salvation. For instance, I don't remember ever "not" believing in Christ as I was in church from an early age. But I lived life my way and by my rules until I realized I was a sinner in my late 20's.. I already believed but never received. I had a mental faith not a heart change. When God revealed to me my sin and I saw what a dirt bag I was, it was then I asked for forgiveness and turned away from my sin, to Christ in faith. That's repentance. But somehow this is legalism ? I respectfully disagree.

Anyhow, its been a good discussion.

You are wasting your time when they skipped my question and brought up another scripture I realized what I was up against. I prayed last night that the Lord would forgive me for repenting and being convicted of my sin and so don’t think I am confused lol

I said I wasn't going to respond any more but, the answer to your question number one is in the scripture you gave. Peter said" repent AND be baptized and you will receive the holy spirit. " this is exactly what it says.....what you have to do to receive the holy spirit. If you read the scripture I gave you, it says what you have to do to be saved. God didn't make a mistake when he gave us these scriptures, nor did he do it to confuse us. You have to repent , and do good works, AFTER you are saved. Repent means to turn from your old life and follow a new one. You can do this without believing in Jesus Christ. I can say I'm a terrible person, but if I want to keep my wife I'm going to change and start doing right to keep her. See there I just repented but I'm not saved. If I first believe in Jesus, that he was here, he died for my sins, and HE WAS RAISED FROM THE DEAD BY GOD. Then I'm going to follow him. The first step in following him is to study his word. Not go to church and listen to someone tell me, really try to find out for myself, because I believe he is real. Then I will start doing the things he teaches me and tells me I should be doing. Like trying to stop sinning, and being baptized, and doing good works. They are all equal in his eyes. Just like ALL sin is equal in his eyes. Only you and him really know how hard you are working on this and he WILL reward you accordingly when you meet him. I really hope you were asking seriously and not trying to be argumentative, and I hope this helps bring you closer to him. Again this is NOT my interpretation it IS what the scripture says......read it for yourself.

Re: Taylor Swift fans [Re: jhardy] #4088028
02/21/24 02:59 PM
02/21/24 02:59 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Originally Posted by jhardy
Find a calvinist who will say they are saved and will admit they occasionally sin. I havent been able to do it. Have a conversation with them about a relationship with God. That should tell you all you need to know about them.

What is " Calvinism"?

Not sure what your definition of Calvinism is JW. You and I agree on a lot. That said, I am saved through Christ alone. I sin regularly and hate it. I try to avoid it and still do it.. I am in the process of being sanctified. I have a close relationship with Christ who sits at the right hand of the father and intercedes on my behalf. I am as close as you can get being a present day Calvinist. While you cannot say you have met me, you can say you know of a Calvinist that sins and has a relationship with the one true triune God.

Let me know your definition of Calvinism, and it might help to qualify my response.

I dont reckon i have a personal definition of calvinism. To be hinest, i reckon i dont even know the people i was referring to are calvinist, they could be lutherine or something like that. I think theyre all close to the same. An outline of their docterine can be found online. Ive read it. But, if you are a calvinist and i said something that wasnt the truth, please correct me. Seems to me their main focus is learning the bible, which in itself is great but a man can know the bible backwards and forwards and still be lost, without the spirit, its just words on pages. Then theres that they think the ones God chose to be saved cant sin. I reckon he saved Paul and he said he sinned every day.

Re: Taylor Swift fans [Re: Happysappy] #4088031
02/21/24 03:06 PM
02/21/24 03:06 PM
Xroads
B
Backwards cowboy Offline
6 point
Backwards cowboy  Offline
6 point
B
Xroads
It is my understanding that a calvinist believes God know everything. He knows what you are going to do before you do it. Therefore he knows if your going to be saved before you are ever created. Meaning he has already picked his people before he created them, also he knows who going to be damned before he creates them. This means me and you have no control on weather we're saved or not, it's pre determined by God and we really have no control over it. I'm no scholar so correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my understanding.

Re: Taylor Swift fans [Re: jwalker77] #4088046
02/21/24 03:23 PM
02/21/24 03:23 PM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Offline
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Offline
Booner
M
Chilton County
Originally Posted by jhardy

What is " Calvinism"?

I dont reckon i have a personal definition of calvinism. To be hinest, i reckon i dont even know the people i was referring to are calvinist, they could be lutherine or something like that. I think theyre all close to the same. An outline of their docterine can be found online. Ive read it. But, if you are a calvinist and i said something that wasnt the truth, please correct me. Seems to me their main focus is learning the bible, which in itself is great but a man can know the bible backwards and forwards and still be lost, without the spirit, its just words on pages. Then theres that they think the ones God chose to be saved cant sin. I reckon he saved Paul and he said he sinned every day.

If I was to be pigeon holed, some may refer to me as "Calvinist", but I believe Reformed Baptist is more applicable. I disagree with Calvin on paedobaptism (baptizing infants). Believers baptism is what is evidenced through scripture. I've been a member at both Arminian and Reforned Baptist churches. Reformed, or what some may still refer to as "Calvinist" actually have a much better grasp at what sin is and how it separates us from God. I haven't met anyone at all that say they don't sin, at all. NEVER. They do have a firm view of understanding how radically depraved mankind is and why we need a Savior? They are much deeper into studying and understanding the Bible than any church I've been a part of. How can we know God, if we don't endeavor to read what His Word says about Him?

I am a sinner saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus alone. I still sin, I am convicted daily if not every second, I repent, knowing that God through Christ Jesus has forgiven me. Turning from sin and seeking to walk accordingly, and imperfectly. May His name be glorified. My only boast is Christ. The general call to salvation is given to all. That is when we share the gospel without distinction. The particular call to salvation is answered only by those who have been given by the Father to the Son. Those who respond do so only because their wicked hearts have been regenerated (born again) to respond to the effectual call of the Holy Spirit. See John 1:12-13 and John 3:3, plus John Ch. 6 and 10.

-G. K. Chesterton
Re: Taylor Swift fans [Re: Happysappy] #4088048
02/21/24 03:35 PM
02/21/24 03:35 PM
B
BPI Offline
14 point
BPI  Offline
14 point
B
Great post Mark

Re: Taylor Swift fans [Re: Happysappy] #4088060
02/21/24 04:06 PM
02/21/24 04:06 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Mark, there are people who believe they dont sin, or wont admit to it anyhow, theres some here and one we both know well on bamahuntin. Like i said, im not 100% sure theyre calvinist. But that would be my guess. Ive been through some of this over and over again here, being told i cant have a relationship with God. He wont speak directly to me. All we have is the bible to know God by. These folks do seem knowlegeable. But i think we both know knowledge is great but its not enough. Believing is essential but it isnt enough. You have to know God and they say the only way we have to know God is through his word. Its all good stuff but if his spirit dont live in you all that bible you read wont mean anything. All that knowledge you have wont teach you anything. Theres so much more available. You probably know all this but theres quite a few "christians" who dont.

Re: Taylor Swift fans [Re: jwalker77] #4088073
02/21/24 04:32 PM
02/21/24 04:32 PM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Offline
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Offline
Booner
M
Chilton County
Mark, there are people who believe they dont sin, or wont admit to it anyhow, theres some here and one we both know well on bamahuntin. Like i said, im not 100% sure theyre calvinist. But that would be my guess. Ive been through some of this over and over again here, being told i cant have a relationship with God. He wont speak directly to me. All we have is the bible to know God by. These folks do seem knowlegeable. But i think we both know knowledge is great but its not enough. Believing is essential but it isnt enough. You have to know God and they say the only way we have to know God is through his word. Its all good stuff but if his spirit dont live in you all that bible you read wont mean anything. All that knowledge you have wont teach you anything. Theres so much more available. You probably know all this but theres quite a few "christians" who dont.

Agree with much that you said, however, I don't think you actually understand what Calvinism is? The biggest problem in my time in ministry is that there are folks who profess to be Believers that never crack open a Bible outside of Sunday and just kind of create their own version of God apart from what the Bible says. That's creating an idol and not Christianity if a person is not interested in learning about Christ. I was one. Most couldn't tell you a verse of scripture outside of John 3:16 although they've professed to be Believers for decades. Paul said that is problematic in Hebrews 5. Its like a Doctor or Airline pilot that never goes to school or opens up and learns from their textbook. How can we know God and His commands if we don't open up and read His Word? The Bible is God's revealed Word about Himself.

What many do is create a "theology bag". Things we hear along the way in our lives that sound good, but aren't necessarily biblical, but we place them in our theology bag.

"Cleanliness is next to godliness."

"We are all God's children."

"God helps those who help themselves."

"God never gives us more than we can handle."

"This too shall pass."

The Bible is authoritative. The way that we govern our lives, churches, homes and families should be regulated by it, not our opinions and feelings because they rise and fall with our emotions. We should NOT listen to our heart. Scripture tells us that it is "wicked and deceitful above all things." Jeremiah 17:9

-G. K. Chesterton
Re: Taylor Swift fans [Re: Happysappy] #4088083
02/21/24 04:43 PM
02/21/24 04:43 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
I agree with all of that. I dont know what it has to do with calvinism. I think it was a lutherine preacher told me once you were only qualified to be a preacher if you had gone to seminary for two years. Thats right along the same lines as what im talking about. If God tells a man to go preach his word, that man is qualified right then.

Re: Taylor Swift fans [Re: Happysappy] #4088123
02/21/24 05:36 PM
02/21/24 05:36 PM
North AL
A
AU338MAG Offline
Old Mossy Horns
AU338MAG  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
A
North AL
Whyinthecornbreadhell is a Taylor Swift thread turned into a bible class?

Dying ain't much of a living boy...Josey Wales

Molon Labe
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.