</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Remington 9MM shells for sale 3 boxes
by MattD. 05/11/24 03:01 PM
Jebs Chokes
by duxlayer. 05/11/24 08:07 AM
WTB War Eagle Blackhawk
by gog1015. 05/11/24 06:38 AM
S&W MP Shield 40
by RAmerica. 05/10/24 07:45 PM
Whitworth 375 H&H
by limabean. 05/10/24 06:18 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Ohio record typical
by Antelope08. 05/11/24 05:13 PM
Kansas Bowhunt timing
by Big Game Hunter. 05/10/24 04:07 PM
Okie CWD Plan
by Big Game Hunter. 05/10/24 03:39 PM
Taxidermist called
by jdhunter2011. 05/10/24 11:56 AM
Meat hunt outfitter?
by capehorn24. 05/10/24 07:47 AM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Franklin county Al
by BigBuck10. 05/11/24 09:29 AM
Eastern Coosa County Hog
by Morris. 05/09/24 10:53 AM
Lowndes county club
by Doeslayer44. 05/07/24 10:11 AM
Looking for Turkey Hunting Land
by Nightwatchman. 05/06/24 01:46 PM
Need dozer work. Cullman area
by Trecker1. 05/02/24 02:33 PM
Who's Online Now
85 registered members (BigEd, Safetyman, woodduck, CNC, GHTiger10, Andalusia, jhardy, kyles, Ron Brown, jaredhunts, gman, Semo, Butchman205, jwalker77, Chaser357, hue, COOTER, Antelope08, coldtrail, Big AL 76, grundan, Skullworks, Austin1, 7x57_Mauser, Young20, Turkeyneck78, BCLC, Geeb, Flatwoods, Calvin, CrappieMan, HOYT3006, Morris, canichols424, Bowfish, Paint Rock 00, 380jeff, Frankie, 7PTSPREAD, lectrode, Red Fox, bodock, Mulcher, Dragfan66, MS_Hunter, PapaD, Catbird, Shotts, mossyback, 300gr, JCL, BCD, Fullthrottle, outdoorguy88, FreeStateHunter, treemydog, top cat, cartervj, Joe4majors, dagwood, Gut Pile 32, Keysbowman, icducks, Whiskey9, gog1015, RAmerica, quailman, TurkeyJoe, GomerPyle, BPI, beerhunter, Jus_me, DuckDown11, SouthBamaSlayer, mcninja, Bread, 9 invisible), 1,085 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: black national anthem at super bowl [Re: Skinny] #4082229
02/12/24 01:13 AM
02/12/24 01:13 AM
Tenn
W
woodduck Online content
14 point
woodduck  Online Content
14 point
W
Tenn
Originally Posted by Skinny
Then there was the weird foot washing commercial. I don't think those folks know about the Foot washing in Uniontown that causes all kinds of news and nasties every year.

That still go on down there every year? Had some buds try get me to go one year. Glad I skipped that trip

Re: black national anthem at super bowl [Re: deerman24] #4082235
02/12/24 04:37 AM
02/12/24 04:37 AM
North Jefferson
R
Rockstar007 Offline
8 point
Rockstar007  Offline
8 point
R
North Jefferson
Thugs being payed Millions, to Disrespect my Country, while playing a School yard game. No Thanks.

Re: black national anthem at super bowl [Re: Rockstar007] #4082262
02/12/24 07:09 AM
02/12/24 07:09 AM
Tuscaloosa
Booger Offline
Picker
Booger  Offline
Picker
Tuscaloosa
Originally Posted by Rockstar007
Thugs being payed Millions, to Disrespect my Country, while playing a School yard game. No Thanks.

And they whine about the pay! No thanks. NFL and NASCAR are slowly killing themselves. I bet arena football will outlast the NFL.

GO NOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: black national anthem at super bowl [Re: Booger] #4082272
02/12/24 07:58 AM
02/12/24 07:58 AM
louisiana
D
deerman24 Offline OP
10 point
deerman24  Offline OP
10 point
D
louisiana
they dont only about the pay. They whine about evertthing.

Re: black national anthem at super bowl [Re: deerman24] #4082273
02/12/24 07:59 AM
02/12/24 07:59 AM
Alabama
Jakethesnake Offline
The Flippin’ Idiot That Could Care Less
Jakethesnake  Offline
The Flippin’ Idiot That Could Care Less
Alabama
I don't even know which teams played or who won. I don't follow sports. Especially a game where men dress up in tight pants and act like kids. That's just me though.

Re: black national anthem at super bowl [Re: deerman24] #4082275
02/12/24 08:02 AM
02/12/24 08:02 AM
alabama
BhamFred Offline
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Offline
Freak of Nature
alabama
didn't watch one second of it. Fk em.

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one
Re: black national anthem at super bowl [Re: BhamFred] #4082277
02/12/24 08:05 AM
02/12/24 08:05 AM
Here
Okatuppa Offline
10 point
Okatuppa  Offline
10 point
Here
Originally Posted by BhamFred
didn't watch one second of it. Fk em.

beers

I ain't fightin nobody that swings around in trees with a running chainsaw like Tarzan. - FurFlyin

Oh I just thought u were a dumba$$ 🤣 my apologies… - jb20
Re: black national anthem at super bowl [Re: deerman24] #4082282
02/12/24 08:18 AM
02/12/24 08:18 AM
Helena
700ltr308 Offline
8 point
700ltr308  Offline
8 point
Helena
Haven’t watched nfl since the kneeling crap.

Re: black national anthem at super bowl [Re: deerman24] #4082295
02/12/24 08:50 AM
02/12/24 08:50 AM
Mobile, AL
P
Pwyse Offline
10 point
Pwyse  Offline
10 point
P
Mobile, AL
I don’t care about pregame stuff so I didn’t watch any of that but I watched the entire game, the halftime show, and all the commercials. I have heard the black national anthem before and I think it’s ridiculous. We should only have one national anthem even if it was written by a slave owner. halftime show was great but black people or the lack of white people don’t bother me. People are people I don’t care what color they are.

The foot washing commercial was awesome. The message was basically that Jesus was here to serve people. All people. Jew, gentile, black, white, it doesn’t matter. Just matters that we are all on the same sin ship going straight to hell without Him. Powerful message on a huge platform.

I don’t watch a lot of NFL but that is more because of the way the game is played. I like college football better. But I watch the playoffs because I like football.

Re: black national anthem at super bowl [Re: 700ltr308] #4082296
02/12/24 08:54 AM
02/12/24 08:54 AM
kyles
K
kyles Online content
8 point
kyles  Online Content
8 point
K
kyles
Originally Posted by 700ltr308
Haven’t watched nfl since the kneeling crap.

Re: black national anthem at super bowl [Re: Ridge Life] #4082303
02/12/24 09:06 AM
Pell City, AL
Sheepdog Offline
4 point
Sheepdog  Offline
4 point
Pell City, AL
Originally Posted by Ridge Life
I thought Reba sang the national anthem? And post Malone sung America the beautiful?

That was all I saw as well. I must have missed it if they sang anything else.

Re: black national anthem at super bowl [Re: Pwyse] #4082304
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Online content
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Online Content
Booner
M
Chilton County
Originally Posted by Pwyse
I don’t care about pregame stuff so I didn’t watch any of that but I watched the entire game, the halftime show, and all the commercials. I have heard the black national anthem before and I think it’s ridiculous. We should only have one national anthem even if it was written by a slave owner. halftime show was great but black people or the lack of white people don’t bother me. People are people I don’t care what color they are.

The foot washing commercial was awesome. The message was basically that Jesus was here to serve people. All people. Jew, gentile, black, white, it doesn’t matter. Just matters that we are all on the same sin ship going straight to hell without Him. Powerful message on a huge platform.

I don’t watch a lot of NFL but that is more because of the way the game is played. I like college football better. But I watch the playoffs because I like football.

Regarding the footwashing commercial, like many things on the surface it’s a good message. And I love reaching across the aisle to engage the skeptics. But the people that those ads will appeal to are not looking to understand the gospel. Those for it will say “At least it will draw them to Christ” and my rebuttal is “What Christ are they finding when they get there? Christ DOES change US..

[Linked Image]

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton
Re: black national anthem at super bowl [Re: deerman24] #4082329
02/12/24 09:35 AM
02/12/24 09:35 AM
Camden, AL
S
SwampHunter Offline
10 point
SwampHunter  Offline
10 point
S
Camden, AL
It is nothing more than the Marxist left trying to divide us. Just another cog in the wheel. #JoeBiden

Re: black national anthem at super bowl [Re: deerman24] #4082339
02/12/24 09:50 AM
02/12/24 09:50 AM
Michigan
S
Sasquatch Lives Offline
10 point
Sasquatch Lives  Offline
10 point
S
Michigan
Its just a damn soap opera anymore, the NFL sucks. And ncaa football is headed the same direction unfortunately. F em.

Re: black national anthem at super bowl [Re: Sasquatch Lives] #4082347
02/12/24 10:00 AM
02/12/24 10:00 AM
Northport, AL
GomerPyle Online content
Impatient Stinky Britches Wearin’ Off-Roadin’ Guru
GomerPyle  Online Content
Impatient Stinky Britches Wearin’ Off-Roadin’ Guru
Northport, AL
Originally Posted by Sasquatch Lives
Its just a damn soap opera anymore, the NFL sucks. And ncaa football is headed the same direction unfortunately. F em.

I would say NFL is actually a better "product" at this point than college football. NIL and the Transfer Portal (and specifically the looseness of the "rules" pertaining to them) has completely destroyed CFB. Also, I haven't really noticed all the kneeling and anti-America crap in the NFL in a couple of seasons. I think that died off pretty quick when they realized a majority of the fanbase wasn't having it.

There are 3 certainties in an uncertain world:

1. All Politicians Are Liars
2. All Gun Laws Are an Infringement
3. Taxation Is Theft
Re: black national anthem at super bowl [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4082352
02/12/24 10:03 AM
02/12/24 10:03 AM
Mobile, AL
P
Pwyse Offline
10 point
Pwyse  Offline
10 point
P
Mobile, AL
Originally Posted by MarksOutdoors

Regarding the footwashing commercial, like many things on the surface it’s a good message. And I love reaching across the aisle to engage the skeptics. But the people that those ads will appeal to are not looking to understand the gospel. Those for it will say “At least it will draw them to Christ” and my rebuttal is “What Christ are they finding when they get there? Christ DOES change US..

[Linked Image]

Here is a better explanation of the actual ad from their website.

What is foot washing and what does it symbolize?

All of the images in this spot were shot by international fine art photographer Julia Fullerton-Batten.

As we thought about what to do for this year’s commercial, we reflected on our 2023 TV spot, “Love Your Enemies.” That commercial was all about Hate and Division. Ultimately, it was about pride. Pride says, “I’m right, and you’re wrong.” Every image depicted people in a state of prideful contention, whether it be politicians yelling in a debate or parents fighting at a youth football game.

So we thought that maybe this year, we should focus on the thematic inverse of last year’s commercial — one built on the premise of Love and Unity. And with an upcoming election year that will be filled with division and derision, we decided to focus on one of the most important directives given by Jesus — Love Your Neighbor.

As we explored creative ideas, we recalled the story of Jesus washing his disciples’ feet and realized this was the perfect example of how we should treat one another, even those people with whom we don’t see eye to eye. Jesus had washed Peter’s feet, a loyal friend who would publicly deny that he knew Jesus later that very night. And even more astoundingly, Jesus washed Judas Iscariot’s feet, the one who would betray him for 30 pieces of silver.

So why did Jesus wash the feet of both friends and foes? What was he teaching them then and us today?

In ancient times, many travelers traveled by foot in sandals or even barefoot. The dusty roads and rocky trails left their feet coated with grime or caked with mud. Upon arrival at their destination, a host would often bring a basin of water to wash the weary travelers’ feet. It was a gesture of welcome and kindness, not to mention a practical means to keep dirt out of the home. And in the homes of the wealthy or powerful, it was most likely done by a servant, a slave, or the wife of the host.

But Jesus took it one step further. During his last meal with his closest followers, the 12 disciples, Jesus retrieved a bowl, filled it with water, and began washing their feet with a rag. But this wasn’t a traditional cleaning after a road trip. Jesus was using foot washing to emphasize a larger point — a symbol for all of his followers to see how they should treat one another.

The disciples considered Jesus not only to be their master or religious leader but also, most even revered him as the promised Messiah — a long-awaited king who would, according to their prophecy, deliver Israel from its oppressors, in this time period, the Romans. When Jesus offered to wash his disciples’ feet, it was so antithetical to their way of thinking that some initially declined his offer. But Jesus explained, “Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you should wash one another’s feet.” John 13:14. Not only was Jesus teaching them that a true leader should be willing to humble himself or herself and serve all, but also that they should be willing to wash one another’s feet. Foot washing required humility on the part of both parties: the one willing to wash another’s feet and also the one willing to have their feet washed. It was an act of mutual admiration. Jesus was shedding any notion of rank or caste among his disciples.

Foot washing requires one to lower themselves, even kneel before another person. While the posture seems subservient at first, it truly represents an act of kindness and generosity that makes the actions of the foot washer noble. That was always the way of Jesus — put others first and himself last. He had previously taught, “The greatest among you will be your servant. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” Matthew 23:11-12. He was now putting that very teaching into practice.

It was these words and actions of Jesus that inspired us. We began to imagine a world where ideological others were willing to set their differences aside and wash one another’s feet. How would that look? How would our contentious world change if we washed one another’s feet, not literally, but figuratively? Figurative foot washing can be as simple as giving a compliment to a co-worker or paying for a stranger’s lunch. It can also be as difficult as not responding to someone who’s criticizing you or reaching out to an estranged family member. Acts of kindness done out of humility and respect for another person could be considered the equivalent of foot washing.

Honestly, images of people washing each other’s feet look a little strange and disconcerting because it’s not part of our modern-day customs. But there’s also something beautiful and profound in each image. Our hope is that our latest commercials will stimulate both societal discussion and individual self-reflection about “who is my neighbor?” and how each of us can love our neighbor even as we have differences and serve one another with more kindness and respect.

Scripture References: John 13:1-17, Matthew 23:11-12, Luke 7:37-50

I really don’t see how a believer could argue that this isn’t a great thing.

Last edited by Pwyse; 02/12/24 10:04 AM.
Re: black national anthem at super bowl [Re: Pwyse] #4082370
02/12/24 10:24 AM
02/12/24 10:24 AM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Online content
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Online Content
Booner
M
Chilton County
Originally Posted by MarksOutdoors

[Linked Image]

Here is a better explanation of the actual ad from their website.

What is foot washing and what does it symbolize?

All of the images in this spot were shot by international fine art photographer Julia Fullerton-Batten.

As we thought about what to do for this year’s commercial, we reflected on our 2023 TV spot, “Love Your Enemies.” That commercial was all about Hate and Division. Ultimately, it was about pride. Pride says, “I’m right, and you’re wrong.” Every image depicted people in a state of prideful contention, whether it be politicians yelling in a debate or parents fighting at a youth football game.

So we thought that maybe this year, we should focus on the thematic inverse of last year’s commercial — one built on the premise of Love and Unity. And with an upcoming election year that will be filled with division and derision, we decided to focus on one of the most important directives given by Jesus — Love Your Neighbor.

As we explored creative ideas, we recalled the story of Jesus washing his disciples’ feet and realized this was the perfect example of how we should treat one another, even those people with whom we don’t see eye to eye. Jesus had washed Peter’s feet, a loyal friend who would publicly deny that he knew Jesus later that very night. And even more astoundingly, Jesus washed Judas Iscariot’s feet, the one who would betray him for 30 pieces of silver.

So why did Jesus wash the feet of both friends and foes? What was he teaching them then and us today?

In ancient times, many travelers traveled by foot in sandals or even barefoot. The dusty roads and rocky trails left their feet coated with grime or caked with mud. Upon arrival at their destination, a host would often bring a basin of water to wash the weary travelers’ feet. It was a gesture of welcome and kindness, not to mention a practical means to keep dirt out of the home. And in the homes of the wealthy or powerful, it was most likely done by a servant, a slave, or the wife of the host.

But Jesus took it one step further. During his last meal with his closest followers, the 12 disciples, Jesus retrieved a bowl, filled it with water, and began washing their feet with a rag. But this wasn’t a traditional cleaning after a road trip. Jesus was using foot washing to emphasize a larger point — a symbol for all of his followers to see how they should treat one another.

The disciples considered Jesus not only to be their master or religious leader but also, most even revered him as the promised Messiah — a long-awaited king who would, according to their prophecy, deliver Israel from its oppressors, in this time period, the Romans. When Jesus offered to wash his disciples’ feet, it was so antithetical to their way of thinking that some initially declined his offer. But Jesus explained, “Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you should wash one another’s feet.” John 13:14. Not only was Jesus teaching them that a true leader should be willing to humble himself or herself and serve all, but also that they should be willing to wash one another’s feet. Foot washing required humility on the part of both parties: the one willing to wash another’s feet and also the one willing to have their feet washed. It was an act of mutual admiration. Jesus was shedding any notion of rank or caste among his disciples.

Foot washing requires one to lower themselves, even kneel before another person. While the posture seems subservient at first, it truly represents an act of kindness and generosity that makes the actions of the foot washer noble. That was always the way of Jesus — put others first and himself last. He had previously taught, “The greatest among you will be your servant. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” Matthew 23:11-12. He was now putting that very teaching into practice.

It was these words and actions of Jesus that inspired us. We began to imagine a world where ideological others were willing to set their differences aside and wash one another’s feet. How would that look? How would our contentious world change if we washed one another’s feet, not literally, but figuratively? Figurative foot washing can be as simple as giving a compliment to a co-worker or paying for a stranger’s lunch. It can also be as difficult as not responding to someone who’s criticizing you or reaching out to an estranged family member. Acts of kindness done out of humility and respect for another person could be considered the equivalent of foot washing.

Honestly, images of people washing each other’s feet look a little strange and disconcerting because it’s not part of our modern-day customs. But there’s also something beautiful and profound in each image. Our hope is that our latest commercials will stimulate both societal discussion and individual self-reflection about “who is my neighbor?” and how each of us can love our neighbor even as we have differences and serve one another with more kindness and respect.

Scripture References: John 13:1-17, Matthew 23:11-12, Luke 7:37-50

I really don’t see how a believer could argue that this isn’t a great thing.

Jesus did more than just wash people's feet and simply walk away. He called Sinners to repentance. Go to the He Gets Us website. No mention of the gospel. No mention of sin. No mention of repentance. No mention of what salvation is. They have ample platform to do all of that, but they don't. It's just some do-gooder, hippie Jesus that loves everybody without any expectation of you turning from your sins. It's a counterfeit gospel that Paul is referring to in Galatians 1:8.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton
Re: black national anthem at super bowl [Re: Skinny] #4082500
02/12/24 01:45 PM
02/12/24 01:45 PM
Walker county
Driveby Offline
Doing the best I can.
Driveby  Offline
Doing the best I can.
Walker county
I finally got settled into a place where I could watch it and the dang halftime show is on with a Michael Jackson impersonator and a black woman playing guitar. I got it on mute cause I imagine it sounds as bad as it looks.

I didn't care for any of the other stuff but the gal is actually a very good guitar player.

Last edited by Driveby; 02/12/24 01:45 PM.

The true mark of a man is not how he conducts himself during times of prosperity, but how he conducts himself during times of adversity.
Re: black national anthem at super bowl [Re: deerman24] #4082687
02/12/24 06:09 PM
02/12/24 06:09 PM
Mobile, AL
P
Pwyse Offline
10 point
Pwyse  Offline
10 point
P
Mobile, AL
Marksoutdoors… I’m definitely not trying to argue with you, I haven’t had enough exposure to them to know that much about them. But I know my Jesus. The two greatest commandments are love your neighbor and love your God. Love people, share Jesus, the rest will happen organically. The Holy Spirit will use the Word and people to reveal sin and expose things that need repentance. But I know not everyone believes in that. And that’s perfectly fine. I hope that commercial leads to many many people asking questions and steering them further into the gospel.

Re: black national anthem at super bowl [Re: Driveby] #4082704
02/12/24 06:47 PM
02/12/24 06:47 PM
miss'ippi state
D
donia Offline
10 point
donia  Offline
10 point
D
miss'ippi state
Originally Posted by Driveby
I finally got settled into a place where I could watch it and the dang halftime show is on with a Michael Jackson impersonator and a black woman playing guitar. I got it on mute cause I imagine it sounds as bad as it looks.

I didn't care for any of the other stuff but the gal is actually a very good guitar player.

She had a heavy Prince influenced sound and yes, she’s good.

experience is a freakin' awesome teacher....
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.