</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
For Sale
by Calvin. 05/21/24 01:10 PM
H&r ultra in 35 wheelen
by AustinC. 05/21/24 07:52 AM
Glock 43X
by Morris. 05/21/24 07:46 AM
18’ Car hauler utility trailer
by Jweeks. 05/20/24 06:08 PM
Nomad Leafy Pants
by JUGHEAD. 05/20/24 02:43 PM
Serious Deer Talk
how much ammo
by Frankie. 05/22/24 03:17 AM
Favorite hunting method
by hyco. 05/21/24 11:19 PM
Useful Gear
by YellaLineHunter. 05/21/24 10:57 PM
Meat hunt outfitter?
by Big Bore. 05/21/24 09:49 PM
Research Update
by Beer Belly. 05/21/24 05:34 PM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Iso
by AustinC. 05/21/24 05:01 PM
Marengo County Club
by EarlPitts. 05/17/24 04:02 PM
Franklin county Al
by BigBuck10. 05/11/24 09:29 AM
Eastern Coosa County Hog
by Morris. 05/09/24 10:53 AM
Lowndes county club
by Doeslayer44. 05/07/24 10:11 AM
Who's Online Now
16 registered members (fur_n_feathers, OlTimer, 7mmSTW, Bankheadhunter, lectrode, gobblebox, ridgestalker, Jweeks, jwyatt, mathews prostaff, sw1002, Tree Dweller, bhammedic84, Frankie, MoeBuck, 1 invisible), 638 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Re: New Season Dates Revisited [Re: daylate] #4071495
01/26/24 09:32 PM
01/26/24 09:32 PM
North Birmingham
JustHunt Offline
8 point
JustHunt  Offline
8 point
North Birmingham
Originally Posted by daylate
Originally Posted by AU338MAG
Originally Posted by Mbrock
Since were getting rid of bait, should hunting over a green field and an acorn filled oak bottom be banned?

Maybe we should have to wear an orange loin cloth and use spears to hunt deer?

If you honestly can’t see how legalized corn with the technological advances has impacted deer hunting with a 3 month gun season then I don’t know what else can be said.

And my point still is that the human factor is the 800 pound gorilla in the corner nobody wants to acknowledge.

Has the three buck limit instituted years ago had a positive impact on the sex ratios and age structure?

Has night hunting stopped since it was banned in... Oh wait, that's always been banned. Guess that's not a problem.

Outlaw the use of corn tomorrow and there will still be corn spread all over this state.

Kansas, Texas, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Ohio, and right next door: Georgia, all allow baiting and all are premier deer hunting states with high B&C record book entries. It ain't the corn, it's the culture.

And no matter what we do we will never rival those premier deer hunting states. It just won’t happen. Even our resident expert CNC will tell you that

Re: New Season Dates Revisited [Re: daylate] #4071515
01/26/24 10:20 PM
01/26/24 10:20 PM
Demop
1bamashooter Offline
10 point
1bamashooter  Offline
10 point
Demop
Originally Posted by Mbrock
Since were getting rid of bait, should hunting over a green field and an acorn filled oak bottom be banned?

Maybe we should have to wear an orange loin cloth and use spears to hunt deer?

If you honestly can’t see how legalized corn with the technological advances has impacted deer hunting with a 3 month gun season then I don’t know what else can be said.

And my point still is that the human factor is the 800 pound gorilla in the corner nobody wants to acknowledge.

Has the three buck limit instituted years ago had a positive impact on the sex ratios and age structure?

Has night hunting stopped since it was banned in... Oh wait, that's always been banned. Guess that's not a problem.

Outlaw the use of corn tomorrow and there will still be corn spread all over this state.

Kansas, Texas, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Ohio, and right next door: Georgia, all allow baiting and all are premier deer hunting states with high B&C record book entries. It ain't the corn, it's the culture.

Sigh.... It's genetics it's got nothing to do with culture. You can limit buck harvest all you want but we don't have the genetics to grow northern deer in mass here period. We get the occasional 150s and up but it's management on the property that gets those. Most here that want restrictions on deer season hunt shat property that can't hold a healthy heard anyway. You say it's the doe killing that's reduced your numbers I'd be looking at agriculture in your area as the real reason your deer numbers might be down how bout predators? None of yall mention that or hogs running your deer off. I know some deer killing fools none of them are killing enough to damage the heard no single person is killing a deer a day. I'll even give you doe days cut them back it's not gonna change shat but whatever. Outlaws... Say some assholes are killing a shat ton of deer at night, 3-4 a day you need to blame that on your green jeans not the seasons. Like I always say don't like it find another state that has seasons you like and stop hunting Alabama still havent seen anybody say they have stopped hunting in Bama because the season is better in a different state. This season change shat is a yearly troll by CNC and yall fools fall or it year after year rofl

Keep your booger hooker off the bang switch.
Re: New Season Dates Revisited [Re: mathews prostaff] #4071548
01/26/24 11:33 PM
01/26/24 11:33 PM
Pelham
Ben2 Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Ben2  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Pelham
Originally Posted by mathews prostaff
Ben are you saying bow hunting is the most intrusive? I guarantee you the bow hunters are not wiping them out like the rifle hunters are. to be successful bowhunting you actually have to be a better hunter and actually hunt the deer.rifle hunters are no where near as careful as bowhunters and are usually very sloppy in their approach.anybody can kill a deer with a rifle.

Right but bow hunting is more intrusive meaning you spook more deer as you have to get closer to more deer. I can hunt literally everyday of gun season and deer never know I am anywhere around if I do it right. To bow hunt successfully you have to get so close you can't help but alert deer to your presence on occasion imo. Bow hunting is more intrusive not more lethal. Everyone can kill a deer with a bow or crossbow now days

Re: New Season Dates Revisited [Re: CNC] #4071549
01/26/24 11:34 PM
01/26/24 11:34 PM
Awbarn, AL
CNC Offline OP
Dances With Weeds
CNC  Offline OP
Dances With Weeds
Awbarn, AL
I think our potential is sold way short……However, nothing that has been said has been about trying to grow trophy midwest deer……Its been about rule changes that have created piss poor herd dynamics, an over harvesting of bucks, and minimal populations across big swaths of the state. Expectations seem to be kept low in our state…..Dont expect much and you wont be disappointed seems to be our creed.......Just sayin, we definitely have plenty room for improvement......

Last edited by CNC; 01/26/24 11:54 PM.

We dont rent pigs
Re: New Season Dates Revisited [Re: CNC] #4071569
01/27/24 12:40 AM
01/27/24 12:40 AM
Awbarn, AL
CNC Offline OP
Dances With Weeds
CNC  Offline OP
Dances With Weeds
Awbarn, AL
Let me ask y'all a question......What if the state sold night hunting permits for $100 each and allowed folks to night hunt?.....Would you have a problem with the impact that had on the deer population??

We dont rent pigs
Re: New Season Dates Revisited [Re: CNC] #4071588
01/27/24 03:05 AM
01/27/24 03:05 AM
Woodstock
3% outdoorsman Offline
10 point
3% outdoorsman  Offline
10 point
Woodstock
Me thinks you put us folks that grew up hunting public land on your land we will kill deer better than you!!!!
We ain't stingy we remember when deer Hunting Was tough on public land.alot of deer on public land now
Dont let some of us show up on your high dollar property.we can actually hunt deer not in shooting houses.like them old Indians did
Lol but seriously y'all argue but there's still old school meat hunters in a lot of our blood.we ain't trying to be special or show we got money to kill something
Getting silly

And no bow hunters aren't putting more pressure.very few guys bow hunt
I'm normally only fella bow hunting regularly in last 3-4 hunting clubs

Re: New Season Dates Revisited [Re: CNC] #4071589
01/27/24 03:16 AM
01/27/24 03:16 AM
Elmore County
Frankie Online content
Old Mossy Horns
Frankie  Online Content
Old Mossy Horns
Elmore County
ever bow hunter i know has standards for killing with a bow and gun . what they kill with a bow theyll let pass with a gun ,,,,, some times . lol

Re: New Season Dates Revisited [Re: CNC] #4071590
01/27/24 03:17 AM
01/27/24 03:17 AM
Elmore County
Frankie Online content
Old Mossy Horns
Frankie  Online Content
Old Mossy Horns
Elmore County
Originally Posted by CNC
Let me ask y'all a question......What if the state sold night hunting permits for $100 each and allowed folks to night hunt?.....Would you have a problem with the impact that had on the deer population??

hell some here would pay a $1,000

Re: New Season Dates Revisited [Re: CNC] #4071592
01/27/24 04:00 AM
01/27/24 04:00 AM
Woodstock
3% outdoorsman Offline
10 point
3% outdoorsman  Offline
10 point
Woodstock
We'll pay to hunt the yuppies on here's property
$100 pretty easy.hell we might just take it over all together
We got messicans coming in might as well start taking over whatever I want

Re: New Season Dates Revisited [Re: CNC] #4071622
01/27/24 08:26 AM
01/27/24 08:26 AM
USA
M
marshmud991 Offline
14 point
marshmud991  Offline
14 point
M
USA
Originally Posted by CNC
I think our potential is sold way short……However, nothing that has been said has been about trying to grow trophy midwest deer……Its been about rule changes that have created piss poor herd dynamics, an over harvesting of bucks, and minimal populations across big swaths of the state. Expectations seem to be kept low in our state…..Dont expect much and you wont be disappointed seems to be our creed.......Just sayin, we definitely have plenty room for improvement......

How can a rule that changes a buck a day everyday of the season to 3 buck per season with one having at least 4pts on one side for most of the state create over harvesting of bucks? You really think the there is that many more bucks being killed now then when every buck with visible antlers were being killed? I’m not following what you’re wanting.

Last edited by marshmud991; 01/27/24 08:28 AM.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chews your a$$ all day long.

Re: New Season Dates Revisited [Re: CNC] #4071645
01/27/24 09:29 AM
01/27/24 09:29 AM
North Birmingham
JustHunt Offline
8 point
JustHunt  Offline
8 point
North Birmingham
Originally Posted by CNC

You may not be talking about growing Midwest deer. But most that will follow your flawed logic believe that if we limit this and limit that it will end up being the Midwest. People don’t believe in northern genetics vs southern genetics and vast agricultural property that help these deer grow big. Leave our season alone. You talk about all these changes but dance around why you propose these changes. It’s corn. Corn is why you are even talking about all this.

I find it strange that deer hunting was much better in this state back when we could kill a buck a day and only had doe days around Christmas. So maybe I’m wrong a little. The problem we have in this state is the slaughter of does and corn. But they go hand in hand IMO

Re: New Season Dates Revisited [Re: JustHunt] #4071694
01/27/24 11:01 AM
01/27/24 11:01 AM
FL
daylate Offline
10 point
daylate  Offline
10 point
FL
Originally Posted by JustHunt
Originally Posted by CNC

You may not be talking about growing Midwest deer. But most that will follow your flawed logic believe that if we limit this and limit that it will end up being the Midwest. People don’t believe in northern genetics vs southern genetics and vast agricultural property that help these deer grow big. Leave our season alone. You talk about all these changes but dance around why you propose these changes. It’s corn. Corn is why you are even talking about all this.

I find it strange that deer hunting was much better in this state back when we could kill a buck a day and only had doe days around Christmas. So maybe I’m wrong a little. The problem we have in this state is the slaughter of does and corn. But they go hand in hand IMO

You have a choice:
A. Pull the trigger
B. Don't pull the trigger.

Corn does not force you to choose A. People choose B consistently in other baiting states. Why can't they here?

Answer: If you don't kill them, your neighbors will.

Last edited by daylate; 01/27/24 11:06 AM.
Re: New Season Dates Revisited [Re: daylate] #4071722
01/27/24 12:29 PM
01/27/24 12:29 PM
North AL
Rainbowstew Offline
4 point
Rainbowstew  Offline
4 point
North AL
Originally Posted by CNC

You have a choice:
A. Pull the trigger

Corn does not force you to choose A. People choose B consistently in other baiting states. Why can't they here?

Corn just makes it easier and brings more deer to pull the trigger on.

Re: New Season Dates Revisited [Re: Frankie] #4071724
01/27/24 12:37 PM
01/27/24 12:37 PM
Awbarn, AL
CNC Offline OP
Dances With Weeds
CNC  Offline OP
Dances With Weeds
Awbarn, AL
Originally Posted by Frankie
Originally Posted by CNC

hell some here would pay a $1,000

Exactly…….and when those extra 100K deer get killed as a result of the night hunting permits are we gonna blame it all on the hunters and lack of self-restraint or does the state also carry some of that burden for selling them the ability to do so??

My point is that those extra 100K deer we killed are just as dead whether that permit that was sold says baiting or night hunting on it. If it were to have been night hunting people would be pitching a fit about it…… but because its baiting we don’t even acknowledge its had an impact and even if we do the blame is going to the hunters while the state plays innocent. There should be changes made to compensate for the impact that baiting is causing.

Last edited by CNC; 01/27/24 12:40 PM.

We dont rent pigs
Re: New Season Dates Revisited [Re: CNC] #4071730
01/27/24 12:46 PM
01/27/24 12:46 PM
Earth
TDog93 Offline
Booner
TDog93  Offline
Booner
Earth
I am still looking for that magic corn pile yall speak of. My five year old daylight once all year over a pile. But i caught him in roads 3 times n daylight where there no bait

I use to spot light without gun lot in high school amd college. A 6 year old can consistently shoot big deer if somebody holds a spot light

Hunt the wind - leave it better than you found it - love your neighbor as you love your self
We need prayer for our country now more than ever
Re: New Season Dates Revisited [Re: CNC] #4071733
01/27/24 01:01 PM
01/27/24 01:01 PM
Elmore County
Frankie Online content
Old Mossy Horns
Frankie  Online Content
Old Mossy Horns
Elmore County
CNC ,,,, some times people just gotta learn the hard way .

Me ,,,,

Id fire ever body , Chuck and his buddies need to go

Id stop all supplement feeding during season

I'd stop the February season

I'd change does days up .where needed .

In a few years with CWD they gonna stop feeding any way .. might as well stop it now .

Re: New Season Dates Revisited [Re: Rainbowstew] #4071734
01/27/24 01:05 PM
01/27/24 01:05 PM
USA
M
marshmud991 Offline
14 point
marshmud991  Offline
14 point
M
USA
Originally Posted by Rainbowstew
Originally Posted by CNC

You have a choice:
A. Pull the trigger

Corn just makes it easier and brings more deer to pull the trigger on.

I’m still amazed that Texas hasn’t run out of deer yet!! You know if corn is depleted the deer population in Alabama. Heck even with kill em all mentality in Louisiana,we still have a large population of deer and corn has been legal for as long as I can remember.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chews your a$$ all day long.

Re: New Season Dates Revisited [Re: Ben2] #4071741
01/27/24 01:23 PM
01/27/24 01:23 PM
Past Ol’ man Finley’s plac...
Southwood7 Offline
Booner
Southwood7  Offline
Booner
Past Ol’ man Finley’s plac...

Originally Posted by Ben2
Originally Posted by mathews prostaff
Ben are you saying bow hunting is the most intrusive? I guarantee you the bow hunters are not wiping them out like the rifle hunters are. to be successful bowhunting you actually have to be a better hunter and actually hunt the deer.rifle hunters are no where near as careful as bowhunters and are usually very sloppy in their approach.anybody can kill a deer with a rifle.

Right but bow hunting is more intrusive meaning you spook more deer as you have to get closer to more deer. I can hunt literally everyday of gun season and deer never know I am anywhere around if I do it right. To bow hunt successfully you have to get so close you can't help but alert deer to your presence on occasion imo. Bow hunting is more intrusive not more lethal. Everyone can kill a deer with a bow or crossbow now days

Naw Ben. Us rifle hunters are sloppy and don’t really hunt the deer.

The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
Job 33:4
Re: New Season Dates Revisited [Re: CNC] #4071757
01/27/24 02:16 PM
01/27/24 02:16 PM
Florida
J
jacannon Offline
10 point
jacannon  Offline
10 point
J
Florida
We were a park and walk club and one of the best things we did was to close early bow season and shut the whole club down for 2 weeks before opening day of rifle. No more stinking up the woods for a month before opening day.

Grandma said...Always keep a gun close at hand, you just never know when you might run across some varmint that needs killing...
Re: New Season Dates R [Re: marshmud991] #4071836
01/27/24 05:44 PM
01/27/24 05:44 PM
North Birmingham
JustHunt Offline
8 point
JustHunt  Offline
8 point
North Birmingham
Originally Posted by marshmud991

I’m still amazed that Texas hasn’t run out of deer yet!! You know if corn is depleted the deer population in Alabama. Heck even with kill em all mentality in Louisiana,we still have a large population of deer and corn has been legal for as long as I can remember.

Texas doesn’t allow the slaughter of does like we do in this state. We allow you to corn all you want and sit at that feeder and shoot a doe every day you sit at the feeder. My complaint in all of this is leave the season dates alone. If there is any changes that need to be made it is do away with corn or have doe days implemented again in the areas that are suffering with deer numbers.

Had to edit to add that even your kill em all Louisiana has limits on the amount of does you can kill. We don’t. Corn has helped aid in every swinging d### putting on camo and sitting at a feeder. So now we are where we are.

Last edited by JustHunt; 01/27/24 05:50 PM.

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.