</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
AKC Golden Retriever Puppies
by znix123. 05/11/24 07:54 PM
Equipment
by Dublgrumpy. 05/11/24 06:16 PM
Remington 9MM shells for sale 3 boxes
by MattD. 05/11/24 03:01 PM
Jebs Chokes
by duxlayer. 05/11/24 08:07 AM
WTB War Eagle Blackhawk
by gog1015. 05/11/24 06:38 AM
Serious Deer Talk
Meat hunt outfitter?
by Okatuppa. 05/11/24 10:51 PM
Ohio record typical
by MTeague. 05/11/24 10:50 PM
Kansas Bowhunt timing
by Big Game Hunter. 05/10/24 04:07 PM
Okie CWD Plan
by Big Game Hunter. 05/10/24 03:39 PM
Taxidermist called
by jdhunter2011. 05/10/24 11:56 AM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Franklin county Al
by BigBuck10. 05/11/24 09:29 AM
Eastern Coosa County Hog
by Morris. 05/09/24 10:53 AM
Lowndes county club
by Doeslayer44. 05/07/24 10:11 AM
Looking for Turkey Hunting Land
by Nightwatchman. 05/06/24 01:46 PM
Need dozer work. Cullman area
by Trecker1. 05/02/24 02:33 PM
Who's Online Now
104 registered members (Jotjackson, capehorn24, CCC, cartervj, dagwood, Dixiepatriot, Daniel4191, RCHRR, pkcole, Beulahboy, Mike32, timberwolfe, apolloslade, IDOT, Tailwalk7, Mansfield, jwalker77, Turkeyneck78, crenshawco, AU338MAG, DonH, bamafarmer, CrappieMan, Ryano, Coosa1, Weedpicker, RockFarmer, Shotts, 7PTSPREAD, straycat, Forrestgump1, CatHeadBiscuit, BamaGuitarDude, Dean, Coach3, 7x57_Mauser, BradB, Tree Dweller, BOFF, Paddlejon, Rainbowstew, GomerPyle, AU7MM08, Rockstar007, MoeBuck, Calvin, Bruno, quailman, Ray_Coon, mathews prostaff, Dragfan66, SouthBamaSlayer, JohnG, just_an_illusion, Jstocks, Ol’Tom, imadeerhntr, Jmfire722, BearBranch, clayk, CKyleC, auman, BamaPlowboy, Standbanger, Dan4good, JCL, bodock, Garndawg, Zzzfog, stuball, AUjerbear, BhamFred, NotsoBright, TDog93, DThrash, wk2hnt, scrubbuck, joe sixpack, MAG, BCD, hamma, sidehitter, sawdust, WhoMe, Parker243, ridgestalker, JohnnyLoco, Fishbones, Exhoosier, Swamp Monkey, Davyalabama, DHW, Brownitsdown, toothdoc, gregnbc, Herdbull, Scout308, roll_tide_hunts, 6 invisible), 1,145 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Funniest hunting stories #4040332
12/17/23 08:33 AM
12/17/23 08:33 AM
Marshall County
FurFlyin Offline OP
Freak of Nature
FurFlyin  Offline OP
Freak of Nature
Marshall County
I've never been badly hurt while hunting, so I didn't post in that thread. I have seen some exceptionally funny things while hunting. I'll share two stories.

It was my first year in a HC in Blount county. The property was split, a "front" side and a "back" side. A small creek separated the two sides. The bottom was swampy and the stream split many times and had several places where it split, and ran back together. You had to drive down the small creek for a ways, to cross it. Two brothers were in the club and I made the 3rd member. I have known both of those guys all my life. The older one, who is my age, was going to show me the back half of the property. We get down to the creek. He stops and gives me this confident look and says, "you drive exactly where I drive, or your going to sink your 4 wheeler." He starts off down the creek, moves across some land, then gets back in the creek. He turned his head to make sure I was following him several times. He smiles and nods with approval each time, seeing that I'm following behind him. He keeps going, hops a log, then disappears into the water ahead. He and the 4 wheeler go under. They both pop back up after a second, and I'm just sitting there behind him. I said, "I'm not following you through there" then I bust out laughing. I had to pull him back to camp so we could drain the gas and oil out of his 4 wheeler. It wouldn't have been nearly as funny if he hadn't been so smug about the confidence of him going in front.

The funniest thing I ever saw happened when I was in a dog hunting club near Troy. There were 4 or 5 of us 20something guys that all knew each other very good. We all joined the same year. We met a couple of guys our age from Montgomery county and became buddies with them. Those of us who knew each other in Troy, knew that one of group had a prosthetic leg, from the knee down. The guys from Montgomery didn't know that. We were all standing around in a clear cut one day, shooting the bull, when a dog came meandering close to the group. The guy with the prosthetic legs takes off call the dog and jogging to catch the it. He hits a stump hole and his fake leg snaps in half like a twig. It made a very loud WHACK when it broke. Ol' C just cusses, then starts hopping after the dog. Never really slows down. The big dude from Montgomery county saw what happened and threw up all over the clear cut. When he got finished heaving and gagging, he stood up, wiped off his mouth, he stands up straight and says, "that's the toughest SOB I've ever seen." We all lost it. LOL

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Re: Funniest hunting stories [Re: FurFlyin] #4040347
12/17/23 08:53 AM
12/17/23 08:53 AM
Tuscaloosa, Al, USA
Big Buck Video Offline
14 point
Big Buck Video  Offline
14 point
Tuscaloosa, Al, USA
I was tureky hunting with Tracker's brother Mark, and we parked the truck and had to walk down a road to get to the property to get to where we were going to hunt. The road was an easement through some other property. Well about halfway down the road I see two guys in camo standing on the side of the road. Mark did not see them. About the time we got up to them one of the guys said good morning. Mark had still not seen them and he jumped about two feet off the ground and took off running. When I finally caught up with him he was in the middle of the road all out of breath. He just kept saying where did he come from.? He had not even seen the second man.

We hunted that morning and we saw the guys later that day and they were apologizing for scaring him. We talked for a while and had a good laugh about it. I still give him grief about it every now and again.

�Because a well regulated Militia is necessary to
the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep
and bear Arms shall not be infringed.�

-Justice Scalia, June 26, 2008

NRA Life Member
Re: Funniest hunting stories [Re: FurFlyin] #4040369
12/17/23 09:04 AM
12/17/23 09:04 AM
F
ford150man Offline
Old Mossy Horns
ford150man  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
F
Tink’s 69 used to make a version of their scent in a solid deodorant stick looking container that you could rub on your boots, a tree, or whatever. It was the exact shape and size of a deodorant container. I really liked the product and had a lot of success with it. A couple of brothers hunted in the club I was in and stayed in a trailer with no power. So, they had to get ready in the morning either in the dark or by flash light. One of the brothers borrowed my container of Tinks and replaced his brother’s deodorant stick in his travel bag. The next morning when they got up to hunt, the unsuspecting brother grabbed it in the dark, thinking it was deodorant, and slathered up his arm pits real good before getting a whiff and realizing something wasn’t right. We laughed about that one for a long time.

Another guy in our club had taken an empty Tinks 69 bottle and ran it through the dish washer to clean it out. He’d put cold coffee in it and mess with the new kids in the club and drink it in front of them. The looks on their faces was priceless.

If voting made any difference, they wouldn’t let us do it.-Mark Twain
Re: Funniest hunting stories [Re: FurFlyin] #4040439
12/17/23 10:23 AM
12/17/23 10:23 AM
South Alabama
B
bambam32 Offline
8 point
bambam32  Offline
8 point
B
South Alabama
I know a guy who unknowingly took a dump in the hood of his coveralls and hauled that load out of the woods.

Re: Funniest hunting stories [Re: FurFlyin] #4040470
12/17/23 10:48 AM
12/17/23 10:48 AM
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
leroycnbucks Offline
Freak of Nature
leroycnbucks  Offline
Freak of Nature
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
rofl at the prosthetic leg

I was home on leave for Thanksgiving in the early eighties and hadn’t been home for a while. So my best buddy Harold called me at momma’s and daddy’s and asked me if I wanted to go deer hunting and said heck yeah. We were going to the camp in Bullock County that we hunted in high school so I was no stranger to where we were going. We finished up Thanksgiving meal and visiting with the family late that evening so I headed to camp around 10:00. About a hour and a half later I turn off of highway 29 on the county roads to our camp. It was foggy and misty rain so I was driving really slow. About thirty minutes later, I see this massive size fella with a perm in his hair and huge revolver on his hip hitch hiking. I speed up to get around him thinking what kind of crazy SOB would be hitch hiking on a dark foggy county road in Bullock County at midnight. Probably some crazy homo.

So I get to the camp and happy to see my buddies and I asked where Harold was since he got this hunt together. Woody said that they hadn’t seen him but he left a note saying he went to hang a tree lounger so he wouldn’t have to do it in the morning. Everybody had gone in different directions after high school and we hadn’t seen each other for over a year or so. Well about 45 minutes later we see this massive size fella with a perm in his hair and huge revolver on his hip walking up the road to our camp cussing at me. It was my buddy Harold that I hadn’t seen in over a year and had no idea that he got a permanent in his hair because his girlfriend at Louisiana Tech persuaded him to. He got stuck and had to walk back and was pissed that I didn’t stop. I said that you looked like a homo with the stiff curly hair toting a pistol and there was no way I was stopping to find out. We laughed all weekend at his hair even though he was a giant of a man but the kindest and most caring friend that I ever had. I sure do miss him.

Proud Army and ALNG veteran
God Bless America!
Re: Funniest hunting stories [Re: FurFlyin] #4040582
12/17/23 01:11 PM
12/17/23 01:11 PM
Earth
TDog93 Online content
Booner
TDog93  Online Content
Booner
Earth
Good stuff

This was probably way more startling than funny but i did laugh. I was with my best friend on the river just outside of Mertlewood checking traps up in the bogue - getting out at certain places on the big creek checkin coon traps - we were n highschool. On one quick run i just waited n his aluminum boat while he got out to check a trap and i found a fish gaff and was checking it out. Thing had a razor sharp hook on it and was probably 3-4 feet long (was just a giant hook w pole). He gets back n the boat and asks excitedly for me to give him the gaff and i asked why - he said just give it fool i bout to gaff a big fish. I look and dont see crap except for a dark narrow streak floating just under water right be the boat. He eases gaff down n water and comes up hard - he a huge guy. Up out of the water comes a huge commotion and fish. My buddy had gaffed a 42 pound catfish that was bleeding amd flopping all over the boat - he ended up selling it to local fisherman at the boat landing. Awesome experience and i had a few laughs

Hunt the wind - leave it better than you found it - love your neighbor as you love your self
We need prayer for our country now more than ever
Re: Funniest hunting stories [Re: FurFlyin] #4040605
12/17/23 01:47 PM
12/17/23 01:47 PM
Clanton
Turkey_neck Offline
Booner
Turkey_neck  Offline
Booner
Clanton
Well I had to crap this year while hunting public land. Came down and walked down to the creek and found a not so ideal log across it. Well I shucks and cleaned up. As I’m walking out of the creek I hear something that sounds like a grunt call. I look about 60 yds away and there’s a guy in a tree facing the other way. 😂 he got more than he bargained for on that hunt.

Would walk over a naked woman to get to a gobblin turkey!
Re: Funniest hunting stories [Re: FurFlyin] #4040607
12/17/23 01:48 PM
12/17/23 01:48 PM
Fosters, Alabama, USA
Shaw Offline
Administrator
Shaw  Offline
Administrator
Fosters, Alabama, USA
I love messing with nosey club members. Drop fake info on seeing something and watch them go off chasing their tails. I’ve put out deer tracks and made some scrapes to really get them going before also. Had one member that claimed he had pics of a buck every time somebody mentioned seeing one. Me and another guy were pulling trail camera pics off the web and showing them to him and yep, he had pics of those bucks too. 🤦🏻‍♂️

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it." Captain Woodrow F. Call

ShawBuilt Custom Bowstrings
Re: Funniest hunting stories [Re: FurFlyin] #4040610
12/17/23 01:54 PM
12/17/23 01:54 PM
lat 34.09 long -86.13
metalmuncher Offline
Old Mossy Horns
metalmuncher  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
lat 34.09 long -86.13

Late one morning one of my friends came to my bronco half trotting and half squirming. He grabbed a roll of toilet paper and took off with it. About 10 or 15 minutes later he came back without his coveralls on. They were rolled up in his hand and he asked me where should he put them. I told him just anywhere but, why? He said that I wouldn't want them inside. He had dropped them in a hurry and didn't think about where the drop zone would be in relation to the upper half of his coveralls. Yep, he made a mess I reckon.

Re: Funniest hunting stories [Re: FurFlyin] #4040633
12/17/23 02:28 PM
12/17/23 02:28 PM
Marion, Fayette, Lamar, piddli...
Lonster Offline
12 point
Lonster  Offline
12 point
Marion, Fayette, Lamar, piddli...
Had a guy in a hunting club that I was in that would see my truck parked somewhere and come in after I was gone to try to find out what I was hunting. I went to a spot on the side of a gravel road, took a large sand rock and made lots of rubs on 4” - 6” trees and made about 20 fake scrapes all about 60 yards off the road. Sure enough he was in there within a day or so and hunted it hard for a couple of weeks until someone let him in on the secret. He got pissed off and didn’t speak to me for a couple of years.

Last edited by Lonster; 12/17/23 02:28 PM.
Re: Funniest hunting stories [Re: FurFlyin] #4040679
12/17/23 04:13 PM
12/17/23 04:13 PM
Montgomery, AL
Hunting-231 Offline
14 point
Hunting-231  Offline
14 point
Montgomery, AL
Kind of a long story, but - a guy that I hunted with was much like Shaw described with the pictures and knowing every single deer on the property (he was actually a VERY good guy though). It seemed that every trail we had on the property had one or two of his cameras.

My best friend had a lifelike bigfoot costume that he paid a small fortune for and we decided that it was time to take some pictures. I grabbed a lower front leg from the gut pile and off we went to one of the trails that had his cameras. I had my buddy walk 2-3 times in front of the camera(s) on this one trail leading to the swamp swinging the leg.

A couple of weeks later we are all hanging out at the skinning rack one evening after hunting when the guy mentions, "you know......., do you guys believe in bigfoot? Cause - this swamp would be a perfect place for them to live."
We (the other three of us - were all in on the bigfoot pictures) all said, "No probably not."
He kept pushing that anything is possible and there is a reason they call them swamp apes and he wouldn't be surprised if they weren't for real.
All of us kept a perfectly straight face and when he pulled away about busted a gut laughing. We all expected to see the cast from "Finding Bigfoot" snooping around the property with Bobo doing his "bigfoot call".

Same bigfoot costume different club. The club president was also a game camera guy and I happened upon one of his cameras on a food plot early turkey season. We grabbed the costume and walked a few times in front of the camera the evening before going hunting the next morning. After the hunt - we went back (with the costume on) and sat in a lawnchair, with a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

We got a lot of laughs out of that costume, it was unfortunately lost when my buddy's house burnt down.

"The struggle you're in today, is developing the strength you need for tomorrow."
Re: Funniest hunting stories [Re: Hunting-231] #4040691
12/17/23 04:23 PM
12/17/23 04:23 PM
Florida
P
Peach Offline
10 point
Peach  Offline
10 point
P
Florida
Originally Posted by Hunting-231
Kind of a long story, but - a guy that I hunted with was much like Shaw described with the pictures and knowing every single deer on the property (he was actually a VERY good guy though). It seemed that every trail we had on the property had one or two of his cameras.

My best friend had a lifelike bigfoot costume that he paid a small fortune for and we decided that it was time to take some pictures. I grabbed a lower front leg from the gut pile and off we went to one of the trails that had his cameras. I had my buddy walk 2-3 times in front of the camera(s) on this one trail leading to the swamp swinging the leg.

A couple of weeks later we are all hanging out at the skinning rack one evening after hunting when the guy mentions, "you know......., do you guys believe in bigfoot? Cause - this swamp would be a perfect place for them to live."
We (the other three of us - were all in on the bigfoot pictures) all said, "No probably not."
He kept pushing that anything is possible and there is a reason they call them swamp apes and he wouldn't be surprised if they weren't for real.
All of us kept a perfectly straight face and when he pulled away about busted a gut laughing. We all expected to see the cast from "Finding Bigfoot" snooping around the property with Bobo doing his "bigfoot call".

Same bigfoot costume different club. The club president was also a game camera guy and I happened upon one of his cameras on a food plot early turkey season. We grabbed the costume and walked a few times in front of the camera the evening before going hunting the next morning. After the hunt - we went back (with the costume on) and sat in a lawnchair, with a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

We got a lot of laughs out of that costume, it was unfortunately lost when my buddy's house burnt down.

Was it Boo Weekly by any chance? He had a very realistic costume and would walk past game cams, cookouts, etc… He had a bunch of people in the Jay area stirred up!

Re: Funniest hunting stories [Re: FurFlyin] #4040695
12/17/23 04:27 PM
12/17/23 04:27 PM
Central Al
twaldrop4 Offline
10 point
twaldrop4  Offline
10 point
Central Al
Friend and I were hunting in Selma. It was like 12/30 and it was cold and misting rain. I didn’t feel good at all so I had stayed close to camp and he had gone to the backside of the property. He came in at dark and said he’d killed one but needed help getting it out of a deep bottom. Well this was flat land right on the Alabama river. I knew it well and knew there was only one bottom on the whole place and it was awful. We took off on 4 wheelers in the mist to get the deer. We get to the deer and it’s all the way at the bottom. I told him to get behind the deer and hold it and I’d drag it up the hill. I was having to hold the deer with one hand and a sapling with the other so I was consistently having to stop and reposition to get higher. When I was repositioning he’d hold the deer from behind. Well we get going at a decent clip considering the process. As soon as he’d say I got it I’d let go and climb the hill. Once I asked him if he had it and he said yeah and then almost immediately said hold up. Well it was too late I had let go. Well he started getting excited and told me to hurry and grab the deer. I said what’s wrong you got the deer don’t you. He said yeah but my thumbs all the way up A-hole. When he said that I died laughing and physically couldn’t pull the deer for laughing. Well the deer was torquing on his thumb which was hurting him and making me laugh more at his commentary of the situation. To this day if I ever meet somebody that knows this guy I always get them to ask him about the time he thumbed a deer.

Re: Funniest hunting stories [Re: Peach] #4040705
12/17/23 04:48 PM
12/17/23 04:48 PM
Montgomery, AL
Hunting-231 Offline
14 point
Hunting-231  Offline
14 point
Montgomery, AL
Originally Posted by Peach

Was it Boo Weekly by any chance? He had a very realistic costume and would walk past game cams, cookouts, etc… He had a bunch of people in the Jay area stirred up!

No, but if I can find the before pictures I will post them. They were hilarious, we laughed about that for years.

"The struggle you're in today, is developing the strength you need for tomorrow."
Re: Funniest hunting stories [Re: FurFlyin] #4040722
12/17/23 05:08 PM
12/17/23 05:08 PM
West Tennessee
Y
YellaLineHunter Offline
8 point
YellaLineHunter  Offline
8 point
Y
West Tennessee
Me and a buddy were turkey hunting and were playing circles with a bird. It got on up in the morning And I said let’s go fishing and try again in the morning. Walking back to the house we stopped made a call sequence and nothing. Looked at my buddy and said stupid turkeys. We both took maybe two steps and there was a crash and beating wings . Ol gobbler was 5’ off the road from us and we never new it.

Re: Funniest hunting stories [Re: FurFlyin] #4040808
12/17/23 07:21 PM
12/17/23 07:21 PM
Tuscaloosa Co.
N
N2TRKYS Offline
Booner
N2TRKYS  Offline
Booner
N
Tuscaloosa Co.
Pretty much everytime I’ve been out West has a funny story attached to it.

83% of all statistics are made up.

Re: Funniest hunting stories [Re: FurFlyin] #4040844
12/17/23 08:10 PM
12/17/23 08:10 PM
Michigan
S
Sasquatch Lives Offline
10 point
Sasquatch Lives  Offline
10 point
S
Michigan
We had a scumbag at a club I was in who was always trying to find others good spots and like a previous post he would watch where people who were killing deer were parked and then go scout and hunt their spots during the week when they weren't there. I was hunting a ridge where there wasn't really a parking spot I just pulled off the side of the road. but you could see my tire tracks pretty good. Shot a deer back there and had seen another good buck in there. The last time I hunted was in the evening and coming out I really had to relieve my bowels BAD and as I got to my truck I just dropped my drawers and turned loose right at the truck. Cleaned up and put my wipings in a ziploc bag so no one would see where I was hunting (or dumping). Well I guess this scumbag picked the wrong day to try and snake my spot cause the next day my buddy said the dude came back to the check board and told him some sorry sob had shucks all in the woods and he walked all through it hahahaha.

Re: Funniest hunting stories [Re: FurFlyin] #4040869
12/17/23 08:55 PM
12/17/23 08:55 PM
Mobile, AL
P
Pwyse Offline
10 point
Pwyse  Offline
10 point
P
Mobile, AL
Omg the fake leg story had me laughing out loud.

Re: Funniest hunting stories [Re: FurFlyin] #4040997
12/18/23 06:02 AM
12/18/23 06:02 AM
IN
P
ParrotHead89 Offline
10 point
ParrotHead89  Offline
10 point
P
IN
Not me but read about this one years ago and still remember it. 3 buddies always hunted together and 1 was a prankster they wanted to get back at. He always are Raisin Bran for breakfast. So one time they took all the raisins out and replace them with deer turds. They didnt tell him till he ate the whole box

Re: Funniest hunting stories [Re: FurFlyin] #4041362
12/18/23 03:53 PM
12/18/23 03:53 PM
Colbert County
T
Teacher One Offline
14 point
Teacher One  Offline
14 point
T
Colbert County
I hunted with a group of Cajuns during the early 80's and they were something else when it came to having a great time. The stories I have told of their doings are unbelievable! The very best one I remember was when one of the members got drunk one night and got up the next morning to hunt. He was struggling to make it from the camp house that morning and he had no idea that several of the members had removed his scope and turned it around backwards and remounted it. This was when we only had a couple of days to shoot does and he would not miss this hunt for nothing. Sure enough, several does came by him on stand and when he raised his gun to shoot he told us they looked like they were a mile away. When he figured out what was going on, he simply came back to camp and remounted the scope and returned to the woods. He wound up killing a couple of does that morning after all.

I can't stand a thief.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.