Finally got on a good bass bite again. I've been fishing saltwater most the time recently and really haven't got on a hot bite since last September, but I had about an hour free around lunch yesterday, so I threw the canoe in the lake and caught a 20" on my 4th cast. I was hoping by that I could find some on beds that I could sight fish, but the wind had churned the water up and most the lake was real muddy. I just decided to run a jackhammer through all the areas that I thought there would be beds and that worked well. Ended up catching somewhere between 10 and 20 in the hour and half or so that I was fishing. It feels good to catch some bass again. Also don't forget to reel your lure all the way up the boat, especially with spinnerbaits or chatterbaits. The big one yesterday hit with less than a foot of line out from the tip. Can't tell you how many times I've had big ones do that. If you're pulling the bait out of the water when you still have 6 or 7 feet of line left out you might be missing some really good fish!