</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
ISO boxblade
by kntree. 05/07/24 09:48 PM
WTB: 20ga remchoke
by AU7MM08. 05/07/24 05:01 PM
G Force AR style 12ga
by MikeP. 05/07/24 02:29 PM
Winchester sx4 20 ga $900
by CrappieMan. 05/07/24 02:22 PM
WTB 3” Remington 870 20 gauge
by JUGHEAD. 05/07/24 10:55 AM
Serious Deer Talk
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by Mbrock. 05/07/24 10:17 PM
Kansas Bowhunt timing
by ColeT. 05/07/24 02:57 PM
Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump
by marshmud991. 05/06/24 05:08 PM
Meat hunt outfitter?
by Snuffy. 05/06/24 03:28 PM
Who's got the best deer hunting in AL
by Overland. 05/06/24 02:53 PM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Lowndes county club
by Doeslayer44. 05/07/24 10:11 AM
Looking for Turkey Hunting Land
by Nightwatchman. 05/06/24 01:46 PM
Need dozer work. Cullman area
by Trecker1. 05/02/24 02:33 PM
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Who's Online Now
13 registered members (Morris, Captain Howdy, auman, mcninja, Grokamole, gradythemachine, BRP549, Gobble4me757, Buck-bomb, HIPCEO, Slowclimb35, 2 invisible), 835 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Libertarians [Re: TurkeyJoe] #3784302
11/10/22 10:51 AM
11/10/22 10:51 AM
Alabama
B
bama_earl Offline
8 point
bama_earl  Offline
8 point
B
Alabama
Originally Posted by TurkeyJoe
Originally Posted by bama_earl
Josh, I respect your position, and you are correct about conservatives infighting. We hold differing opinions on abortion, however. You believe it’s a states right, and believe it’s between the woman and the Lord. While technically true, it is also exactly the same thing as a mass murderer going on a killing spree in an elementary school. That’s the main problem, in my opinion. We have become so desensitized that we don’t consider abortion what it actually is, murder. There are laws against murder, it’s not just between a woman and the Lord.

Let's say it's murder. If it is, just let the lord handle it. Let that person be judged by all mighty. There will be enough punishment for that person. I am against abortion, in 99% of circumstances I would want my children to not get an abortion. If my uncle rapes my daughter and she get pregnant, then yes I would want her to abort that child. I don't see that as a "child of god". I can't.

The real issue for me is people think if its outlawed, then it goes away. It doesn't. Teenage abortion rates and really sex by teenagers has dropped drastically compared to when I was in high school. We have made great strides in this area. Let's continue to focus on absence and education, this will save more lives.

Not real clear on your point Earl. “Let’s say it’s murder. If it is, let the Lord handle it”. Are you proposing we redact all laws dealing with murder in this country, or are you saying your philosophy should only apply to the murder of babies?

I am saying let the lord classify it as murder and let them be held accountable to him. We don't need to implement laws at the Federal level. States should have the right to do as they see fit. Which is going to be liberal abortion laws as our young generation gets older. The battle really is to save those who are birthed in this country... especially in Alabama. Alabama has one of the worst infant mortality rates in the country. That should be our first fight.

I am against drugs... just don't think they should be illegal. Guess that's the Libertarian side of me. Lots of people think the government can fix society's moral issues.... they can't

Re: Libertarians [Re: twaldrop4] #3784317
11/10/22 11:09 AM
11/10/22 11:09 AM
Chelsea
L
Lockjaw Offline
14 point
Lockjaw  Offline
14 point
L
Chelsea
Abortion is barbaric. If it is permitted then places like planned parenthood will market the result of the abortion to be used for research. There is also no biblical foundation to allow the straight up killing of an innocent life. It s a double murder if a preggo woman is murdered, and its a choice if the woman decides having a baby is inconvenient for her. And the other side of the equation, ie the dad, has no rights, but if she decides to keep it, then he gets to pay child support.

The whole thing is wrong, and should be outlawed. If a doc wants to perform it, then that doc puts their carreer on the line and will have to face the consequences.

I am not going to be a person who says it should be ok. I don't think it is. There isn't a biblical exception to killing an innocent child that I have seen. I am no bible scholar, but I certainly have never seen Jesus say killing anyone was ok.

I also dated a woman when I was young who had had an abortion, not mine, and she was never at peace with that decision after it was over. It tormented her until the day she died.

I honestly do not understand how anyone who is a believer votes democrat, and I have a feeling that will be addressed on judgement day.

Re: Libertarians [Re: twaldrop4] #3784350
11/10/22 12:11 PM
11/10/22 12:11 PM
Spanish Fort
TurkeyJoe Offline
10 point
TurkeyJoe  Offline
10 point
Spanish Fort
Earl, two things. Number one, you did not answer my question. Number two, if a government cannot make laws to protect the most defenseless among us, then that government is ineffective. You have no problems with federal laws against murdering your wife, I assume?

Micah 6:8
Re: Libertarians [Re: twaldrop4] #3784365
11/10/22 12:35 PM
11/10/22 12:35 PM
B'ham
Goatkiller Offline
14 point
Goatkiller  Offline
14 point
B'ham
I didn't vote for MeeMaw or Britt simply because that would be hypocritical on my part. I despise both their unqualified BS filled campaigns. Neither did jack crap to sit in these seats. I have ZERO idea what either candidate is about, what they stand for, how they are going to vote, etc. Is Katie Britt a Rhino? I have no idea. Her campaign was effectively radio silence. She has no record because she's NEVER held any kind of public office. How do you even consider electing that to the United States Senate? The answer is simple.... because McConnel's $30million told you too. Are you a Sheep? I think everyone needs to ask themselves that question. Well... it matters now because we've got Rhinos in the party and if Katie goes up there and votes for Mitch to lead the party she is gonna screwed all of us. I foresee that happening.

but I will guarantee you 1 thing....

If the race was tight I'd vote for them so fast it would make your head spin. If the real choice was between them or a Democrat you can't let the Democrat win. That's not where we were, but if it had been I would have voted for them.

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.
Re: Libertarians [Re: Goatkiller] #3784384
11/10/22 12:56 PM
11/10/22 12:56 PM
AL
H
hunterbuck Offline
Booner
hunterbuck  Offline
Booner
H
AL
Originally Posted by Goatkiller

If the race was tight I'd vote for them so fast it would make your head spin. If the real choice was between them or a Democrat you can't let the Democrat win. That's not where we were, but if it had been I would have voted for them.

This. I have a bad feeling that 80K+ Libertarians in Georgia helped elect Warnock to his second term day before yesterday.

Voting Libertarian in Alabama didn't matter. It damn sure did in Georgia.

"You think I care? Roll Damn Tide"

Have you tried Google?
Re: Libertarians [Re: hunterbuck] #3784394
11/10/22 01:10 PM
11/10/22 01:10 PM
North Alabama
BamaPlowboy Offline
10 point
BamaPlowboy  Offline
10 point
North Alabama
Originally Posted by hunterbuck

This. I have a bad feeling that 80K+ Libertarians in Georgia helped elect Warnock to his second term day before yesterday.

Fair point and x2 on what goatkiller said as well

Re: Libertarians [Re: TurkeyJoe] #3784466
11/10/22 03:14 PM
11/10/22 03:14 PM
Meridianville
DryFire Offline
14 point
DryFire  Offline
14 point
Meridianville
Not real clear on your point Earl. “Let’s say it’s murder. If it is, let the Lord handle it”. Are you proposing we redact all laws dealing with murder in this country, or are you saying your philosophy should only apply to the murder of babies?

I'll play the devil's advocate. Name any woman that had a legal abortion that was later charged with murder. It is the procedure that is banned. But a woman can still have an legal abortion in another state, return home and not be charged with murder. So we are back to letting the States decide to ban the procedure.

Re: Libertarians [Re: DryFire] #3784491
11/10/22 04:10 PM
11/10/22 04:10 PM
Jasper, AL
J
joshm28 Offline
14 point
joshm28  Offline
14 point
J
Jasper, AL
Originally Posted by DryFire

I'll play the devil's advocate. Name any woman that had a legal abortion that was later charged with murder. It is the procedure that is banned. But a woman can still have an legal abortion in another state, return home and not be charged with murder. So we are back to letting the States decide to ban the procedure.

That was my point earlier. It’s legal based on current laws. We all agree it shouldn’t be. But this argument is regarding governments involvement. A libertarian government would governments involvement by half or more. Most here would get behind that.

Re: Libertarians [Re: DryFire] #3784492
11/10/22 04:12 PM
11/10/22 04:12 PM
Spanish Fort
TurkeyJoe Offline
10 point
TurkeyJoe  Offline
10 point
Spanish Fort

I understand it’s legal in many states dryfire, but that don’t make it right. I’m also saying I won’t knowingly vote for anyone that believes it is right.

Re: Libertarians [Re: TurkeyJoe] #3784514
11/10/22 04:55 PM
11/10/22 04:55 PM
Alabama
B
bama_earl Offline
8 point
bama_earl  Offline
8 point
B
Alabama
Earl, two things. Number one, you did not answer my question. Number two, if a government cannot make laws to protect the most defenseless among us, then that government is ineffective. You have no problems with federal laws against murdering your wife, I assume?

No I don't, someone that murders my wife should spend their life in jail or executed.

A 17 year old girl who gets an abortion because she is scared... no I don't think she should be in jail for murder. Pro-Life thinks we should put her in jail for murder... I don't agree.

Re: Libertarians [Re: bama_earl] #3784545
11/10/22 05:25 PM
11/10/22 05:25 PM
Spanish Fort
TurkeyJoe Offline
10 point
TurkeyJoe  Offline
10 point
Spanish Fort

No I don't, someone that murders my wife should spend their life in jail or executed.

A 17 year old girl who gets an abortion because she is scared... no I don't think she should be in jail for murder. Pro-Life thinks we should put her in jail for murder... I don't agree.

We can take the scared 17 year olds and the rape/incest victims out of this conversation for argument sake. What about the other 90% of abortions that occur because a woman doesn’t want to deal with the consequences of her actions? The bottom line is that the majority of abortions are nothing more than killing a child for convenience. And, apparently, a large number of Americans like yourself can reconcile it as something different.

Re: Libertarians [Re: hunterbuck] #3784558
11/10/22 05:43 PM
11/10/22 05:43 PM
North Alabama
H
Hammertime7v2 Offline
8 point
Hammertime7v2  Offline
8 point
H
North Alabama

This is how I was thinking about it but didn't have time to post today.

The only real way a third party would work is if it pulled a balanced vote from both Democrats and Republicans, but that just doesn't seem to be what the libertarian party is doing right now. Instead, it just seems like it's growing the distance between the Democrats and the only legitimate challenger.

If the only libertarian voters are Republicans doing God's work teaching the Republican party a lesson, the result instead is going to be multiple lost election cycles (since there will always be people clinging to the republican brand).

Hopefully the Republican party will learn it's lesson. Meanwhile the Democrats now have a 2% handicap in every election. I just hope it doesn't happen when all these old Supreme Court Justices retire, bc you can bet there will be no sympathy from liberals if they have unfettered power to enact policy.

Professional Smart Alec
Re: Libertarians [Re: Hammertime7v2] #3784596
11/10/22 06:39 PM
11/10/22 06:39 PM
North AL
just_an_illusion Offline
10 point
just_an_illusion  Offline
10 point
North AL
Originally Posted by Hammertime7v2

This is how I was thinking about it but didn't have time to post today.

The only real way a third party would work is if it pulled a balanced vote from both Democrats and Republicans, but that just doesn't seem to be what the libertarian party is doing right now. Instead, it just seems like it's growing the distance between the Democrats and the only legitimate challenger.

If the only libertarian voters are Republicans doing God's work teaching the Republican party a lesson, the result instead is going to be multiple lost election cycles (since there will always be people clinging to the republican brand).

Hopefully the Republican party will learn it's lesson. Meanwhile the Democrats now have a 2% handicap in every election. I just hope it doesn't happen when all these old Supreme Court Justices retire, bc you can bet there will be no sympathy from liberals if they have unfettered power to enact policy.

Problem is the Republicans don't want to "learn their lesson" because they don't see it as a problem. They don't want to change and they don't want to be in power. Republican power leads to getting lambblasted every single freaking day just like Trump did, they don't want that lime light. It's easier to hide behind the scenes and fill up the bank accounts. The majority of Republican politicians have their hands in the same dang cookie jar as the demons. They just aren't as bold to admit it. A Denomcrap will straight up tell you they are going to F you and do it. Most Republicans will tell you they will not F you while all along standing behind the Denomcrap pushing on his hips. Frackem all.

Re: Libertarians [Re: twaldrop4] #3784656
11/10/22 07:42 PM
11/10/22 07:42 PM
Madison
R
redgineer Offline
8 point
redgineer  Offline
8 point
R
Madison
Rank choice voting would let people vote for a libertarian and have a republican backup. This would require dem and rep approval, so it will never happen.

Libertarians best chance is taking over the republican party. The primaries is where that happens.

Re: Libertarians [Re: TurkeyJoe] #3785049
11/11/22 09:48 AM
11/11/22 09:48 AM
Meridianville
DryFire Offline
14 point
DryFire  Offline
14 point
Meridianville
I understand it’s legal in many states dryfire, but that don’t make it right. I’m also saying I won’t knowingly vote for anyone that believes it is right.

And that is the way it should be. I just wish every state would put the question directly to the voters.

Re: Libertarians [Re: twaldrop4] #3785185
11/11/22 01:23 PM
11/11/22 01:23 PM
Demop
1bamashooter Offline
10 point
1bamashooter  Offline
10 point
Demop
Why would you vote libertarian if you know that the libertarian you voted for is never gonna get elected? It's a wasted vote that could have gone to the republican. Do better libertarians.

Keep your booger hooker off the bang switch.
Re: Libertarians [Re: 1bamashooter] #3785186
11/11/22 01:25 PM
11/11/22 01:25 PM
Alabama
B
bama_earl Offline
8 point
bama_earl  Offline
8 point
B
Alabama
Originally Posted by 1bamashooter
Why would you vote libertarian if you know that the libertarian you voted for is never gonna get elected? It's a wasted vote that could have gone to the republican. Do better libertarians.

If you keep voting for these garbage Republicans... you will keep getting higher taxes. They will not change. Kay Ivey is a good point

Re: Libertarians [Re: 1bamashooter] #3785187
11/11/22 01:27 PM
ArmPit of the south
D
DeerNutz0U812_ Offline
Booner
DeerNutz0U812_  Offline
Booner
D
ArmPit of the south
Kinda like driving down the road wearing a mask.... I dont get that either...

Did you know that Beer Nutz are over a Dollar...and Deer Nutz are under a Buck...

Re: Libertarians [Re: DryFire] #3785188
A
abolt300 Offline
Booner
abolt300  Offline
Booner
A

Bingo. I do not agree with abortion and no Christian should be able to, but your statement above is 100% correct with regard the the constitutional aspects of it with regard to both the federal and state levels, and that is where we are.

Re: Libertarians [Re: bama_earl] #3785201
11/11/22 01:35 PM
11/11/22 01:35 PM
A
abolt300 Offline
Booner
abolt300  Offline
Booner
A

If you keep voting for these garbage Republicans... you will keep getting higher taxes. They will not change. Kay Ivey is a good point

Are you not smart enough to see that what people do when they vote libertarian, is doing exactly what you rail against. You can have that "I'll show you" attitude in AL because AL is 75% red, the rest of the country is not that way. All the states that matter are purple, and all those voting libertarian are essentially just helping the democrats win. Taxes get raised a whole lot more and a whole lot quicker when democrats are in control. So you bitch about taxes getting raised but continue to waste your vote, when you could be at least slowing it down by voting against whomever the democrat candidate is.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.