</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
2020 Kubota UTV 900 Diesel
by Squatting Bear. 04/30/24 05:40 PM
Duck Decoys for sale
by Rem870s2. 04/30/24 05:39 PM
Scopes
by !shiloh!. 04/30/24 04:23 PM
Bar Stools - $20.00 for both
by Rem870s2. 04/30/24 10:15 AM
Ruger 10/22 Stainless rifle
by Winston Kelly. 04/30/24 10:13 AM
Serious Deer Talk
Southern Illinois Hunting
by demp17. 04/30/24 05:51 AM
Velvet
by CeeHawk37. 04/29/24 07:55 PM
Forever wild gun regs.
by slippinlipjr. 04/29/24 02:04 PM
Kansas draw
by Hunter454. 04/27/24 06:05 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Who's Online Now
179 registered members (RikkiV, Offshore, Mookyle, MattIce, bamaeyedoc, IMISSALDEER, Scdoghunter667, leroyb, bamaguzzi, bamabeagler, JB357, DoeMaster, woodduck, TEM, GRINNING, UA Hunter, NonTypical, hallb, gman, BrentsFX4, C3SEAST, Rolloverdave, IDOT, Hunting-231, beetrapper, !shiloh!, Gunner211, Buck-bomb, jwalker77, Andalusia, jbatey1, dquick1, UncleHuck, BobK, Prohunter3509, BullMountain, mossyback, JD_Bowhunter1976, MountainTopHunter, HoofNSpur, TDog93, cbs, MGrubber, therealhojo, Flyliner, Young20, BrandonClark, Shane99, BearBranch, toothdoc, turkeychaser, Narrow Gap, CNC, claybird, Elba thermal, MikeP, XVIII, crenshawco, dirtwrk, twaldrop4, FreeStateHunter, biglmbass, Ryano, Morris, BradB, BuckRidge17, BC_Reb, BCLC, russellb, furnfeather, Johnal3, auman, hayman, sj22, Six shooter, outdoorguy88, janiemae, WDE, Nmonk23, Floorman1, 3006bullet, Bustinbeards, Cynical, hue, jchurch, Chiller, swampoak, Rebelhunter_21, Dempsey, AUjerbear, Jstocks, Beulahboy, Mbrock, BigA47, Atoler, Gunpowder, BCD, Turkey_neck, GHTiger10, leroycnbucks, Corn Dog, brett.smith, AU coonhunter, Doeslayer44, mauvilla, CeeHawk37, Bandit635, Happysappy, Brent, JCL, JSanford1974, BhamFred, Paint Rock 00, wk2hnt, ridgestalker, Jtb51b, sanderson, jlbuc10, PourIron12, donia, cajunshooter, 7mmSTW, Spottedbass, abolt300, G/H, bambam32, SuperSpike, thayerp81, WinstonVizsla, antlerhunter, Showout, 000buck, Gobble4me757, MR3391, doublefistful, Shmoe, JRigs10, AustinC, BraeBuckner, need2hunt, JEM270, Whild_Bill, chevydude2015, Stacey, Dubie, Turkey Petter, dustymac, cartervj, BPI, Lonster, Beer Belly, mw2015, Scott4Hunting, Fedex 1, lpman, Daniel4191, mathews prostaff, Cutem, alhawk, eclipse829, roll_tide_hunts, ALMODUX, PikeRoadHunter, ColeT, kaferhaus, JPink, Reaper, TurkeyJoe, 11 invisible), 777 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Are you done watching? [Re: hunterbuck] #3177245
07/27/20 10:26 AM
07/27/20 10:26 AM
FL
daylate Offline
10 point
daylate  Offline
10 point
FL
Originally Posted by hunterbuck
Originally Posted by twaldrop4
I wish they'd cancel al sports and these people would have to get real jobs.
'd

That's a fairly un-American and anti-capitalist viewpoint.

Never knew being a slave to sports was American (and most sports fans are). And I don’t see how it’s anti capitalistic at all. If the athletes played for the love of the game and people didn’t worship them then I’d have no problem. But if not worshipping sports makes me unAmerican then I guess I’m guilty cause I could care less if they ever played again

You basically said "I don't like it, so it should be cancelled and those athletes shouldn't be able to make money doing it".

That's un-American (and anti-capitalist) as can be. You don't want people to be free...you want them to believe what you believe, and that's it. You want to take away from others.

It's no different than PETA wanting to shut down hunting....or the groups masquerading as BLM and Antifa trying to shut down, well, apparently everything.

A lot of you are guilty of the same thing you think you're fighting against....you believe in cancel-culture and want to cancel the things you don't like. That's not freedom.

I don't like the BLM message, but I love the US Constitution...and will defend their right to say what they believe, and if you believe in the Constitution, you will too. I'm the guy you want in your foxhole if the SHTF, but I'm not gonna sit on here and run my mouth about it 24/7. I can probably count on both hands the number of current posters here who have been here longer than me, and the bravado espoused here on a daily basis amuses me.

Our side is just as guilty as the left are....we are ready and willing to attempt to label someone as something we don't like...then attack them. I'm just not all about that.

I believe that if something is legal, moral, and respectful of others....have at it. Is that wrong?

I hear what you are trying to say but I disagree with your accusations. If I choose not to finance the people pushing a hateful racist message, that is NOT the same as cancel culture where you attack someone to hurt them if they disagree with you. They are free to be as hateful as they want before the game and we are free to not fund it. I choose not to participate because they are pushing the hatred right in our faces and expecting us to take it and pay their obscene salaries. No thanks, I'll be fishing or hunting. And I don't believe that makes me anti 1st amendment or anti constitutional.

Re: Are you done watching? [Re: daylate] #3177287
07/27/20 11:22 AM
07/27/20 11:22 AM
AL
H
hunterbuck Offline
Booner
hunterbuck  Offline
Booner
H
AL
Originally Posted by daylate

I hear what you are trying to say but I disagree with your accusations. If I choose not to finance the people pushing a hateful racist message, that is NOT the same as cancel culture where you attack someone to hurt them if they disagree with you. They are free to be as hateful as they want before the game and we are free to not fund it. I choose not to participate because they are pushing the hatred right in our faces and expecting us to take it and pay their obscene salaries. No thanks, I'll be fishing or hunting. And I don't believe that makes me anti 1st amendment or anti constitutional.

By definition, cancel culture is withdrawing support for (canceling) public figures, companies, and organizations after they have done or said something considered objectionable or offensive to another group.

The goal is to either (1) change one's way of thinking to the "mob's" way of thinking, (2) hurt them financially, or (3) take away their voice, rendering them neutered.

You don't like what they said, so you want to take away their voice.

So yes...what you're wanting is most definitely "cancel culture".

But, if you'e going to do it...go all the way. Get rid of that Apple iPhone you probably typed your response on...one of the largest corporate BLM donators with a fag as CEO and manufacturers most of their products in China. Get rid of your Levi's jeans, your Amazon account, any computer that uses Microsoft. Throw out all your beer. Hope you don't have a Facebook account. Coke, Pepsi? Yep, they support it fully, too. Gatorade, Nabisco, most other food companies...gone. Any chain restaurants you like? The've gotta go. Have United Healthcare or Blue Cross insurance? You need to be dropping that shucks right now. Drive a vehicle? Better start walking, because all the auto manufacturers have come out supporting it.

Or, are you not that committed, and it's just athletics that bothers you?

"You think I care? Roll Damn Tide"

Have you tried Google?
Re: Are you done watching? [Re: Phil_Army] #3177291
07/27/20 11:28 AM
07/27/20 11:28 AM
North AL
A
AU338MAG Offline
Old Mossy Horns
AU338MAG  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
A
North AL
What day late said. We should stop giving financial support to those who seek to destroy us. Once we stop supporting big time sports, including college football, the business they have built will implode.

It will cancel itself if the money runs out.

But if you want to give aid and comfort to the ENEMIES OF THIS COUNTRY, go ahead and watch them and buy the products shown in their advertising. Or stop buying these products and change the channel and watch the ratings plummet. Then the networks and advertisers WILL take notice.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE DAMN MONEY!!!!

Dying ain't much of a living boy...Josey Wales

Molon Labe
Re: Are you done watching? [Re: hunterbuck] #3177303
07/27/20 11:42 AM
07/27/20 11:42 AM
Alabama
OlTimer Offline
10 point
OlTimer  Offline
10 point
Alabama

By definition, cancel culture is withdrawing support for (canceling) public figures, companies, and organizations after they have done or said something considered objectionable or offensive to another group.

The goal is to either (1) change one's way of thinking to the "mob's" way of thinking, (2) hurt them financially, or (3) take away their voice, rendering them neutered.

But, if you'e going to do it...go all the way. Get rid of that Apple iPhone you probably typed your response on...one of the largest corporate BLM donators with a fag as CEO and manufacturers most of their products in China. Get rid of your Levi's jeans, your Amazon account, any computer that uses Microsoft. Throw out all your beer. Hope you don't have a Facebook account. Coke, Pepsi? Yep, they support it fully, too. Gatorade, Nabisco, most other food companies...gone. Any chain restaurants you like? The've gotta go. Have United Healthcare or Blue Cross insurance? You need to be dropping that shucks right now. Drive a vehicle? Better start walking, because all the auto manufacturers have come out supporting it.

We get it hunterbuck, you are going to watch college football. Some of us are not and have our reasons. Mutual respect ain't that tough.

Re: Are you done watching? [Re: OlTimer] #3177322
07/27/20 11:53 AM
07/27/20 11:53 AM
AL
H
hunterbuck Offline
Booner
hunterbuck  Offline
Booner
H
AL
Originally Posted by OlTimer

We get it hunterbuck, you are going to watch college football. Some of us are not and have our reasons. Mutual respect ain't that tough.

How many times do you feel it necessary to tell us that you're done watching here on the *checks notes* "Football and Sports Talk" board? If I were no longer interested in football and sports, I'd just move along.

But, that's just me. It's a free country.

But I assume we'll continue to discuss sports here on the "Football and Sports Talk" forum.

Have you tried Google?
Re: Are you done watching? [Re: Phil_Army] #3177361
07/27/20 12:45 PM
07/27/20 12:45 PM
Santa Rosa/Conecuh
hallb Online content
Booner
hallb  Online Content
Booner
Santa Rosa/Conecuh
hunterbuck - you are bashing him for his beliefs while saying the BLM and NFL have a right to their beliefs. He didn't say the government should ban professional sports, he just said he hope the NFL goes belly up. Isn't he allowed to hold that opinion? You aren't backing up the Constitution like you think you are...

Re: Are you done watching? [Re: hallb] #3177407
07/27/20 01:29 PM
07/27/20 01:29 PM
AL
H
hunterbuck Offline
Booner
hunterbuck  Offline
Booner
H
AL
Originally Posted by hallb
hunterbuck - you are bashing him for his beliefs while saying the BLM and NFL have a right to their beliefs. He didn't say the government should ban professional sports, he just said he hope the NFL goes belly up. Isn't he allowed to hold that opinion? You aren't backing up the Constitution like you think you are...

I'm not bashing anyone, and anyone is certainly allowed to hold an opinion. I've already said that I don't agree with the BLM movement as it's portrayed, but I'll defend their right to have those opinions.

But to say that what he's suggesting is not "cancel culture" is ludicrous...it's the absolute definition of it.

"I want you to lose your livelihood because of something you said" is ridiculous....from both sides. Do you not disagree?

Have you tried Google?
Re: Are you done watching? [Re: hunterbuck] #3177410
07/27/20 01:31 PM
07/27/20 01:31 PM
Hoover
burbank Offline
Booner
burbank  Offline
Booner
Hoover
'd

Never knew being a slave to sports was American (and most sports fans are). And I don’t see how it’s anti capitalistic at all. If the athletes played for the love of the game and people didn’t worship them then I’d have no problem. But if not worshipping sports makes me unAmerican then I guess I’m guilty cause I could care less if they ever played again

You basically said "I don't like it, so it should be cancelled and those athletes shouldn't be able to make money doing it".

That's un-American (and anti-capitalist) as can be. You don't want people to be free...you want them to believe what you believe, and that's it. You want to take away from others.

It's no different than PETA wanting to shut down hunting....or the groups masquerading as BLM and Antifa trying to shut down, well, apparently everything.

A lot of you are guilty of the same thing you think you're fighting against....you believe in cancel-culture and want to cancel the things you don't like. That's not freedom.

I don't like the BLM message, but I love the US Constitution...and will defend their right to say what they believe, and if you believe in the Constitution, you will too. I'm the guy you want in your foxhole if the SHTF, but I'm not gonna sit on here and run my mouth about it 24/7. I can probably count on both hands the number of current posters here who have been here longer than me, and the bravado espoused here on a daily basis amuses me.

Our side is just as guilty as the left are....we are ready and willing to attempt to label someone as something we don't like...then attack them. I'm just not all about that.

I believe that if something is legal, moral, and respectful of others....have at it. Is that wrong?

Do you actually believe anything that you just typed?

I could care less if BLM has a message. They deserve that right.

What bothers me is that a conservative coach can lose his job for wearing the wrong t shirt. I say not spending your money on a sport is the MOST American thing you can do to counter this.

Re: Are you done watching? [Re: Phil_Army] #3177411
07/27/20 01:33 PM
07/27/20 01:33 PM
Free State of Winston
F
FreeStateHunter Online content
They Call Me Gator 🐊
FreeStateHunter  Online Content
They Call Me Gator 🐊
F
Free State of Winston
Do ya'll believe you can disagree with BLM, be a conservative and still watch your favorite college football team? If not why?

Re: Are you done watching? [Re: hunterbuck] #3177416
07/27/20 01:50 PM
07/27/20 01:50 PM
A
abolt300 Online content
Booner
abolt300  Online Content
Booner
A

I'm not bashing anyone, and anyone is certainly allowed to hold an opinion. I've already said that I don't agree with the BLM movement as it's portrayed, but I'll defend their right to have those opinions.

But to say that what he's suggesting is not "cancel culture" is ludicrous...it's the absolute definition of it.

"I want you to lose your livelihood because of something you said" is ridiculous....from both sides. Do you not disagree?

Hunterbuck, do you understand that there is a distinct difference betwen defending the right of someone or some organization to have an opinion, and actually financially assisting with the funding of group or opinion that you supposedly openly disagree with???

What we are discussing is not cancel culture. Nobody is shouting them down and demanding the shows be pulled from the air, or demanding a nationwide boycott of all sponsors that support BLM, like the demtards do everyday. That's today's cancel culture. Making the individual decsion to elect not to spend your personal money on something that financially supports a group, belief, or movement, that is in direct contradiction with your personal beliefs, the bill of rights, and the constitution of the US, is pure capitalism at its finest. They've absolutely got a right to support BLM, if they so desire, just like the general public has a right not to watch or otherwise support their business and the product they have decided to air and put on the field. Companies are forced, by consumers everyday, to live with the financial ramifications of making a bad business decision, taking a stand on a controversial issue, or bringing a bad product to market. No cancel culture at all. That's capitalism by definition brother. Please take a step back and be honest with yourself.

Seems to me that you are just attempting to justify your personal want/need to watch televised sports. If that's what you want to do, feel free, it's your right to do so. Just like it is the rights of others on here to say, "no, I will not financially support something that stands for an unconstitutional movement that I am in total disagreement with".

Last edited by abolt300; 07/27/20 01:57 PM.
Re: Are you done watching? [Re: abolt300] #3177437
07/27/20 02:22 PM
07/27/20 02:22 PM
AL
H
hunterbuck Offline
Booner
hunterbuck  Offline
Booner
H
AL
Originally Posted by abolt300

Hmmmm....

(x)demanding a nationwide boycott of all sponsors that support BLM, like the demtards do everyday.

or...

(y)the general public has a right not to watch or otherwise support their business and the product they have decided to air and put on the field. Companies are forced, by consumers everyday, to live with the financial ramifications of making a bad business decision, taking a stand on a controversial issue, or bringing a bad product to market.

You just detailed two different ways of saying the same thing.

Welcome to the real world of counter culture. It's money driven...always has been, always will be. Been around forever, they just have a catchy name for it now.

You're just arguing semantics.

Have you tried Google?
Re: Are you done watching? [Re: Phil_Army] #3177498
07/27/20 03:50 PM
07/27/20 03:50 PM
FL
daylate Offline
10 point
daylate  Offline
10 point
FL
They are on that field to play football, not make political statements that are highly offensive and insulting to many of the fans. Since they insist on doing so, I simply have decided not to watch, listen to, or go to a game. Nothing more to it for me than that. To each his own and explaining why you will or will not be watching is fine by me.

Re: Are you done watching? [Re: hunterbuck] #3177533
07/27/20 04:33 PM
07/27/20 04:33 PM
Central Al
twaldrop4 Online content
10 point
twaldrop4  Online Content
10 point
Central Al
'd

Let me clarify what I believe since you seem to know me so well. First I believe that any group of people who actively participate in or fund the further weakening of this nation should be stopped. Especially when they have done nothing to help it other than provide entertainment. The second thing I believe is that you are an idot

Re: Are you done watching? [Re: Phil_Army] #3177591
07/27/20 06:11 PM
07/27/20 06:11 PM
N. Bama
257wbymag Offline
Boo Boo Head
257wbymag  Offline
Boo Boo Head
N. Bama
Hunterbuck=CNC. Brothers maybe? Aimlessly rambling on

Quietly killing turkeys where youre not!!!
My tank full of give a fraks been runnin on empty
I'm the paterfamilias
Re: Are you done watching? [Re: hunterbuck] #3177659
07/27/20 07:35 PM
07/27/20 07:35 PM
Northeast Florida
BamaGrad85 Offline
10 point
BamaGrad85  Offline
10 point
Northeast Florida

Correction Hunterbuck The correct thing to say is I will not support your livelihood. There, that's my view which I'm entitled to. Now if that should result in you losing your livelihood, Oh well. Hope you have a backup plan.

I came, I saw, so I killed them all......Vern
Re: Are you done watching? [Re: BhamFred] #3177697
07/27/20 08:20 PM
07/27/20 08:20 PM
Satsuma
kodiak06 Offline
Booner
kodiak06  Offline
Booner
Satsuma
Originally Posted by BhamFred
Originally Posted by kodiak06
Originally Posted by 257wbymag
Not at all. If you agree with the BLM movement then enjoy your football this fall. College players will be kneeling now.

I dislike the BLM movement and Alabama hasn't said anything backing the BLM organization to my knowledge, just blacks in general. I may have missed something though. As far as kneeling, they haven't yet. If they do. I'm out.... Pretty simple

the hell he didn't, google is yer friend....

So exactly what did Saban say about the BLACK LIVES MATTERS ORG??? Pretty sure nothing

Re: Are you done watching? [Re: Phil_Army] #3177778
07/27/20 09:31 PM
07/27/20 09:31 PM
Hoover
burbank Offline
Booner
burbank  Offline
Booner
Hoover
Saban basically inserted the BBC of BLM into his mouth while Ms Terry watched.

That clear enough for you?

Re: Are you done watching? [Re: burbank] #3177786
07/27/20 09:40 PM
07/27/20 09:40 PM
Banana Republic
jb20 Offline
Old Mossy Horns
jb20  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Banana Republic
Originally Posted by burbank

Its a sad day when I agree with on Saban...is what it is tho...at least I can say gus is no better...

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Ben Franklin
Re: Are you done watching? [Re: Phil_Army] #3177794
07/27/20 09:43 PM
07/27/20 09:43 PM
N. Bama
257wbymag Offline
Boo Boo Head
257wbymag  Offline
Boo Boo Head
N. Bama
No he’s not. Gus stopped to same level

Quietly killing turkeys where youre not!!!
My tank full of give a fraks been runnin on empty
I'm the paterfamilias
Re: Are you done watching? [Re: burbank] #3177823
07/27/20 10:11 PM
07/27/20 10:11 PM
Satsuma
kodiak06 Offline
Booner
kodiak06  Offline
Booner
Satsuma
Originally Posted by burbank

No, if ya gonna answer it, give an answer instead of half assin it. Is that clear enough for you lmao

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.