Originally Posted by bald347
Y'all are not making me feel good! I just had my 2011 F150 transmission flushed yesterday at 150000 miles. Can you tell me why I shouldn't have done it. I'm told that dropping the pan only gets rid of 1/2 the fluid. I'm headed to the Florida Keys in July and I sure don't need to be on the side of the road broke down.

If you MUST break down, just hope that it’s before you hit the stretch at the end of Card Sound that turns back to the West. You won’t have to wait as long on a wrecker, plus Alabama Jacks restaurant and bar is just right there. Good spot to wait right there.

Going back to the transmission advice, I heard more than one person say that the “varnish buildup”, when washed away, causes problems. The point was that if you’re going to service your transmission, do it from the very beginning or don’t do it at all. I have no idea if this is true or not.

I know ZERO about transmissions, so this ought to be covered with second and third opinions from folks that work on them for a living, not something somebody like me heard or read.