</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Taylormade irons and Ping 3W
by BamaBoHunter. 04/27/24 12:40 PM
.22 LR ammo for sale
by Rem870s2. 04/27/24 10:05 AM
ISO .22 pistol.
by hippi. 04/27/24 06:07 AM
Cva wolf 50. Cal
by Bows4evr. 04/26/24 11:49 PM
WTB - Browning Maxus
by Okatuppa. 04/26/24 11:25 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Kansas draw
by cgardner. 04/26/24 07:15 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by Squeaky. 04/26/24 12:07 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Who's Online Now
95 registered members (Mike32, clayk, YellaLineHunter, PapaD, Garndawg, AUtgr, scrape, bamaeyedoc, XVIII, donia, gman, BCLC, Red Fox, Turkeyneck78, Andalusia, mcninja, Camden86, CatHeadBiscuit, Bronco 74, TexasHuntress, Mdees, Todd1700, jdfarm23, hoggin, Skullworks, BamaBoHunter, AU coonhunter, Chancetribe, Gobbler1, AustinC, gatorbait154, Dixiepatriot, Bustinbeards, 3blades, Hunting15, klay, georgiaboy1970, HappyHunter, jake5050, Mansfield, BD, Ron A., BPI, AU7MM08, Floorman1, 4Him146, Woody1, Mbrock, GHTiger10, SouthBamaSlayer, Nightwatchman, Pwyse, JLMiller, jawbone, BuckRidge17, roll_tide_hunts, Stacey, bug54, odocoileus, Paint Rock 00, centralala, scrubbuck, Flatwoods, chevydude2015, Dean, Ten37, Luxfisher, Antelope08, Hammertime7v2, Jbf, sw1002, RareBreed, BBD23, Chiller, Bread, CNC, auman, MarksOutdoors, canichols424, top cat, coldtrail, m97, 13 invisible), 807 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Creepy experiences in the backcountry [Re: Sasquatch Lives] #3080394
03/26/20 12:20 AM
03/26/20 12:20 AM
Alabama
Jakethesnake Offline
The Flippin’ Idiot That Could Care Less
Jakethesnake  Offline
Alabama
Originally Posted by Sasquatch Lives
Originally Posted by Out back
Originally Posted by Sasquatch Lives
Was bowhunting a very remote area of northern michigan and was walking in past an old apple tree and all of a sudden smelled a very strong scent of like body odor but so strong like walking into a door. Thought maybe it was some of the apples that had gotten rotten but nope. Smellled just like body odor but ten times stronger. Hunted down the trail from it and when I came back past the tree after dark the smell was gone. Buddy says it was a bigfoot nearby as they like to eat the apples and smell bad.

Michigan's UP seems to be a hotbed of bigfoot activity. The most common description of the odor is the combination of wet dog and rotting carcass smell. However, most people say it's so powerful that you feel it as much as you smell it. Kind of like, walking into a wall, as you described.

Yes all of a sudden the smell was overwhelming in about a 20 yd. area. Gave me the creeps. The fact that it was gone 3 hours later tells me something was there earlier. Had a strange feeling all afternoon too. Glad I didn't see a bigfoot as that would freak me out. I have spent my entire life in the woods and seen some weird stuff but never a bigfoot.

I bet it was up in the tree canopy.

Re: Creepy experiences in the backcountry [Re: deadeye48] #3080395
03/26/20 12:27 AM
03/26/20 12:27 AM
Alabama
Jakethesnake Offline
Jakethesnake  Offline
Alabama
Originally Posted by deadeye48
Was hunting a new property about 20 years ago
Had gotten there about an hour before daybreak and just as it was cracking day....this thing starts roaring growling woofing loudly
It was so loud I could feel the sound...like being near a bull when it bellows. I grew up in south walker county and never heard anything like that.
I waited til daylight and looked around to see what it was...never saw anything. I left when it saw it was all clear

About 5 years ago was turkey hunting and watched a thing move through the woods...it was clear like a vapor but reminded me of Predator the movie monster
This thing was 8'-10' tall moving soundless through the woods navigating through the trees. It didn't alarm me but rather peaked my curiosity

There are lots of reports of that actually.

Re: Creepy experiences in the backcountry [Re: foghorn] #3080404
03/26/20 01:23 AM
03/26/20 01:23 AM
Alabama
Jakethesnake Offline
Jakethesnake  Offline
Alabama
My grandfather has seen those lights navigating through the trees numerous times. I remember him talking to me about it as a young teen and not thinking much about it until the last few years. I began to ask his neighbors that hunt the same area up in New Market. A lot of them have seen these lights.

One group of old timers had the whole forest light up. I guess it was a meteor, i never thought of that. But we cant explain those lights that so many have seen within a 5 mile area. I have seen lights but it could have been explained i guess. I brushed it off.

I have seen a few weird things. Me and another saw a ghost on Green Mountain. He stood on the side of the road staring at us. I later picked him out in a Grissom High School year book. It was Patrick Popel. His dad had killed him. Cops found his body not far from where we saw the ghost. I told a friend what we saw. He showed a year book to me. Out of about 80 pictures of different people i instantly picked Patrick Popels face out. I know for a fact thats who we saw that evening. No doubt about that.

In 2015 i was hunting some land off Hobbs Island Rd. I sat in my climber a good hour before light. The ground was heavily frosted. As it got light i noticed 2 huge logs had just been rolled over. 3 men couldnt roll these logs by hand. They were about 40ft long and a good 2ft thick or more. I could see the impression in the ground where they laid. They had been rolled over just moments or hours before i arrived. Frost was heavy but not heavy enough to see tracks. I guess it was a bear. The same area i kept seeing stick structures that year and the year before. I honestly thought peo people were messing with hunters because this was when Les Stroud kept talking about bigfoot on tv and stick structures.

I have 2 more stories. I dont feel like typing them so im gonna make it short. I was hunting Bankhead in 2015. I wasnt into bigfoot back then. I chose a new area. The most remote area i could find. No one was parked around me for miles. I made sure. There were no roads to run into. Midday. I start walking from my truck and get about 400 yards into the woods. Mind you im already 3 miles into the actual woods. But im 400 yards away from truck stalk hunting. Out of no where this fear hits me. Like doom feeling, dred and danger. I have never felt this before. I kept going. The further i got the more my instincts told me to turn back. I stopped and tried to shake it off. I kept telling myself its in my head. I pushed on. It started feeling like im being watched and my entire body was screaming to turn back. I refused to give in. As i slowly walked, i heard this jibberish on my left side about 30yds into the thick stuff. I heard it and stopped. It was so damn loud. I thought it was 2 men argueing at first. Then i chalked it up as me hearing things and kept going. About 20yds later i heard it again. About 20yds again i hear it. Thats 3 times. Each time i froze and listened. It would stop a few seconds after i froze. After the 3rd time i finally decided to listen to my insticts and turned back. Felt like someone was staring at me. I watched my back as i left. I had gotten a good half mile away from truck. It took everything in me to get back to my truck. I was physically drained. I had to go home. I was dumb fpunded on what i heard. It sounded like 2 chinese men argueing through a loud speaker. It was weird. 3yrs later im bored at work. I started listening to Sasquatch Chronicles and heard the Sierra Sounds. Thats exactly what i heard that day. I was in shock. I looked up bigfoot reports in Bankhead just to see. Low and behold there are 2 reports in that same area where i was. Out of 200k acres and 3 counties, why are the only reports within 3 miles of where i heard that jibberish. I dont know what to think. Im gonna get a friend a go back there one day and snoop around. I damn sure aint going alone. I never thought id believe in bigfoot but wait til you experience things you cant explain. Its a mystery to me now.

A few weeks ago my grandfathers friend was talking to me. I have known this man my entire life. He does taxidermy as his main income. He told me that in 1998 he and his friend saw a bigfoot on Lewis Mountain in New Market. His friend saw it again 3 months later. They quit hunting that mountain due to fear. When a family member tells you something like that, i have to believe him.

Re: Creepy experiences in the backcountry [Re: foghorn] #3080405
03/26/20 01:35 AM
03/26/20 01:35 AM
Alabama
Jakethesnake Offline
Jakethesnake  Offline
Alabama
Yall remember the LBL attacks. The family that was torn to shreds and ate on. They found the girl 50ft up in a tree half eaten. The military came in and took over.

Then 10yrs later it happened again right up the street. The bow hunter that was killed the same way. His bow was snapped in half. Grown 200lb man drug off a mile and eaten on. No cat does that. Not draggin no grown man that far.

Remember back in the 60s i think, the hikers that got killed on that mountain in some other country. Tongue ripped out etc. Foot prints, tent torn up. Weird crap. They were in that tent looking out through peep holes they hade made. That was even on The Discovery Channel a few years ago. Then the mermaid stuff. There are some weird stories out there. We only see our routine life. We dont hear news from small towns etc. There are all kinds of soldier stories seeing things with high powered night vision in the desert. The bible talks about these things. We would be prerty arrogant to think we are the only creatures around. Remember this. Everything is a frequency. Humans can only see between certain frequencies. Thats a fact. There is no denying that fact. We literally can not see everything. Think about that.

Re: Creepy experiences in the backcountry [Re: GomerPyle] #3080413
03/26/20 03:25 AM
03/26/20 03:25 AM
La and fla panhandle
F
Floridajew Offline
4 point
Floridajew  Offline
4 point
F
La and fla panhandle
Originally Posted by GomerPyle
Originally Posted by Floridajew
Was at my hunting club in Wilcox county was in my 2wd cat eye Silverado got stuck in the middle of the swamp , well no phone service starting to rain I got to cussing saying some very nasty words. Well as I was cussing I look out corner my eye see a black figure and 2 large solid black dogs as they got closer my heart was sinking the guy was walking like a zombie it was a guy out the local village of vredenburgh he was mildly off and had suffered a stroke from what I later found out him and his 2 dogs scares crap out me thought grim reaper was making a special trip to get me saw him couple more times over the next few years till I heard he had passed away

How about a period or 3??? Its 2 keys right of the "m" key...

Re: Creepy experiences in the backcountry [Re: Jakethesnake] #3080431
03/26/20 06:00 AM
03/26/20 06:00 AM
Pisgah Al
Bigbamaboy Offline
14 point
Bigbamaboy  Offline
14 point
Pisgah Al
Originally Posted by Jakethesnake
Yall remember the LBL attacks. The family that was torn to shreds and ate on. They found the girl 50ft up in a tree half eaten. The military came in and took over.

Then 10yrs later it happened again right up the street. The bow hunter that was killed the same way. His bow was snapped in half. Grown 200lb man drug off a mile and eaten on. No cat does that. Not draggin no grown man that far.

Remember back in the 60s i think, the hikers that got killed on that mountain in some other country. Tongue ripped out etc. Foot prints, tent torn up. Weird crap. They were in that tent looking out through peep holes they hade made. That was even on The Discovery Channel a few years ago. Then the mermaid stuff. There are some weird stories out there. We only see our routine life. We dont hear news from small towns etc. There are all kinds of soldier stories seeing things with high powered night vision in the desert. The bible talks about these things. We would be prerty arrogant to think we are the only creatures around. Remember this. Everything is a frequency. Humans can only see between certain frequencies. Thats a fact. There is no denying that fact. We literally can not see everything. Think about that.

I’ve never heard about LBL... I’ll look that up.

The last part you’re talking about is Dyatlov Pass. It’s was in the 50’s in the Ural Mountains in Russia. I’ve listened to hours of podcast and watched every documentary I could find on that. It’s the most fascinating story I’ve ever come across.

Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?
Re: Creepy experiences in the backcountry [Re: foghorn] #3080446
03/26/20 06:32 AM
03/26/20 06:32 AM
Bay Minette, AL
S
scrubbuck Online content
10 point
scrubbuck  Online Content
10 point
S
Bay Minette, AL
There's not much worse than your bow rope chasing you after dark when you don't have a light. It stops moving when you do and you can't outrun it.

Re: Creepy experiences in the backcountry [Re: scrubbuck] #3080477
03/26/20 07:48 AM
03/26/20 07:48 AM
Shelby Co, AL
CatHeadBiscuit Online content
14 point
CatHeadBiscuit  Online Content
14 point
Shelby Co, AL
Originally Posted by scrubbuck
There's not much worse than your bow rope chasing you after dark when you don't have a light. It stops moving when you do and you can't outrun it.

That’s funny

"Arguing on the internet is like playing chess with a pigeon. You may be good at chess, but the pigeon is just going to knock all the pieces down, take a crap on the table, and strut around like its victorious."--Anonymous
Re: Creepy experiences in the backcountry [Re: Out back] #3080481
03/26/20 07:55 AM
03/26/20 07:55 AM
B
BPI Online content
14 point
BPI  Online Content
14 point
B
Originally Posted by Out back
A vast majority of bigfoot witnesses report the presence of red or green orbs just prior to, or sometimes following, their sightings.
One theory is that the creatures live in another realm of reality, a parallel time and space.

You believe in bigfoot and don't believe the Corona is real ?

Re: Creepy experiences in the backcountry [Re: CatHeadBiscuit] #3080490
03/26/20 08:11 AM
03/26/20 08:11 AM
Somerville
CAM Offline
Booner
CAM  Offline
Booner
Somerville
Originally Posted by CatHeadBiscuit
Originally Posted by scrubbuck

That’s funny

Yes it is and it's happened more than once to me lol

"Don't let a dead deer kill ya"
Re: Creepy experiences in the backcountry [Re: foghorn] #3081331
03/26/20 09:16 PM
03/26/20 09:16 PM
northport
deadeye48 Offline
Booner
deadeye48  Offline
Booner
northport
Just watched this Missing 411 The Hunted
Some of it was strange but some can be explained...I think
The one thing that intrigued me was the woman hunting and seeing this (her description) Saran Wrap looking thing moving through the trees
This is what I saw but what I saw was on the ground and navigating between the trees and there was no sound whatsoever

When I need expert advice I tend to talk to myself
The older I get the better I used to be
Re: Creepy experiences in the backcountry [Re: foghorn] #3081334
03/26/20 09:24 PM
03/26/20 09:24 PM
Birmingham, AL
A
AUbowhunter1990 Offline
4 point
AUbowhunter1990  Offline
4 point
A
Birmingham, AL
I’ve gotten pics of a full grown mountain lion on camera 100 yards from my tent in Colorado while I was sleeping. Also woke up to find Bear Chit 10 yards from the tent on more than one occasion. Needless to say, I sleep with my .40 every time i go.

Re: Creepy experiences in the backcountry [Re: foghorn] #3081656
03/27/20 09:33 AM
03/27/20 09:33 AM
CENTRAL ALABAMA
K
KHOOKS Offline
8 point
KHOOKS  Offline
8 point
K
CENTRAL ALABAMA
All you that posted don't forget the Skinwalker Ranch show it near to coming out on tv.

Re: Creepy experiences in the backcountry [Re: KHOOKS] #3081741
03/27/20 11:44 AM
03/27/20 11:44 AM
Pisgah Al
Bigbamaboy Offline
14 point
Bigbamaboy  Offline
14 point
Pisgah Al
Originally Posted by KHOOKS
All you that posted don't forget the Skinwalker Ranch show it near to coming out on tv.

That’s a whole nother level of jacked up.

Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?
Re: Creepy experiences in the backcountry [Re: foghorn] #3082631
03/28/20 11:09 AM
03/28/20 11:09 AM
Northport, AL
Phil_Army Offline
12 point
Phil_Army  Offline
12 point
Northport, AL
"The Legend of Boggy Creek" got me into bigfoot as a kid. Haven't really thought about it in years. I think it's a spiritual thing, not sure whether it's an evil thing or not. Most people who encountered an angel in the Bible were scared at first, so who knows

Broker/Owner and Area Representative for 1st Class Real Estate
2018's #1 Real Estate Agent according to the Tuscaloosa News
Re: Creepy experiences in the backcountry [Re: foghorn] #3082667
03/28/20 12:34 PM
03/28/20 12:34 PM
Central AL
O
Overland Offline
6 point
Overland  Offline
6 point
O
Central AL
Don't remember the exact year, but it was the early 80's and I was a kid. My dad and his friend had permission to hunt an old plantation in St. Clair in Lowdnes County close to the river. They had two trailers and we camped on the site of the old plantation home. Apparently during the war, when the Yankees were operating around Selma, there was a small skirmish at this plantation and the house was burned to the ground I can remember being in the trailer several times at night and hearing the faint beat of drums. Spooked my mom pretty good. Dad said it was the ghosts of the battle. If you've ever been to that part of Lowdnes County, you are in a desolate part of the world. May not have been anyone around for miles but sure enough there were drum beats coming from down in the woods. May just have been the locals, who knows but made for a good story.

Re: Creepy experiences in the backcountry [Re: foghorn] #3082669
03/28/20 12:38 PM
03/28/20 12:38 PM
Central AL
O
Overland Offline
6 point
Overland  Offline
6 point
O
Central AL
Have posted this before -

There is a large house on one of the properties we hunt. It was mostly ag fields until the early 1990's when it was planted in pines. In what was once one of the fields there was a large house from the 1800's with the windows and doors long gone that is now surrounded by pines. On my way to a deer stand one early morning before you could really see, I was slipping by house and noticed something white move by one of the windows. I froze. Watched, listened...nothing. Started to take a step and saw something white move by the door. I froze, watched, listened....;nothing. Stood there watching intently and then saw it move in front of a window, this time I heard footsteps. I was about to set my own personal land speed record when it finally stepped into the open. A white GOAT...a ghost white GOAT. Not sure where it came from, but it had taken up residence in the old abandoned house. At first you couldn't hear it move because part of the floor had rotted away and in several of the rooms it was just dirt.

It lived in that house for about three years. Always got a little nervous when I went by that house.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.