</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Cva wolf 50. Cal
by Bows4evr. 04/26/24 11:49 PM
WTB - Browning Maxus
by Okatuppa. 04/26/24 11:25 PM
2010 F-150 XLT 4x4- gauging interest
by ford150man. 04/26/24 09:39 PM
<*> 1911 Spring Cleaning <*>
by BCLC. 04/26/24 07:41 PM
Trade
by AustinC. 04/26/24 07:31 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Kansas draw
by cgardner. 04/26/24 07:15 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by Squeaky. 04/26/24 12:07 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
Who's Online Now
40 registered members (YellaLineHunter, Slowclimb35, sanderson, Gobble4me757, jawbone, Johnal3, Captain Howdy, Uokman2014, 1hunter, Bows4evr, Cuz-Pat, joe sixpack, metalmuncher, Booner Hunter, BCLC, Josh77, timberwolfe, AUdeer88, TexasHuntress, brassmagnet, Tigger85, Whild_Bill, farmerjay, cullbuck, mauvilla, donia, JHH, rwh1, bamabug, zgobbler5, bamaeyedoc, Canoe Creek, Okatuppa, Dixiepatriot, Reptar, Mack1, sw1002, 3 invisible), 1,092 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
Re: Familiy Disagreement [Re: thirtyotsix] #3026748
01/29/20 10:20 AM
01/29/20 10:20 AM
Guntersville, AL
IDOT Offline
I am Cornholio
IDOT  Offline
I am Cornholio
Guntersville, AL
I just want my daughter to date/marry someone that makes her happy and will be a good father/example to my future grandkids. Dont care about color. Why worry about something as simple as skin color.

On a side note, if you think dating someone with a different skin color is wrong, you're a racist plain and simple. No way around it.

Originally Posted by Patricia Heaton
If you’re a common sense person, you probably don’t feel you have a home in this world right now. If you’re a Christian, you know you were never meant to.

Re: Familiy Disagreement [Re: BamaGuitarDude] #3026749
01/29/20 10:23 AM
01/29/20 10:23 AM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Offline
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Offline
Booner
M
Chilton County
Originally Posted by BamaGuitarDude
i speak from experience -- having married inter-racially & been in the marriage for almost 20 years before we divorced -- you will have your damn work cut out for you. My ex was a Brazilian woman, so she was of olive complexion; the differences in "culture" between us was present every single day. It's already hard enough between a man & a woman to complicate a relationship with different cultures/nationality/races/etc.

I'm not telling anybody NOT to do it - nor am I criticizing it - but I damn sure will never do that again. I know what the Bible says about love conquering all - but human love is fickle & incredibly imperfect.

I think you're really on to something here. It's more about the ideologies that are held by people of the same skin color. As a whole, most black people have different cultural aversion even though they were raised in the U. S.. They think differently about politics, race relations, ideas about the unit of a family structure. I'm working on a crew that has 6 black guys on it over the age of 30. Not a single one of them is married with a family. They are all perfectly content to have 2 or 3 women in their back pocket with no aspirations to get married. I get along well with them all. They all believe our Country is rigged against them. Being compatible in these areas are EXTREMELY important when you are thinking within the context of a male/female relationship.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton
Re: Familiy Disagreement [Re: Big Game Hunter] #3026753
01/29/20 10:25 AM
Tenn
W
woodduck Offline
14 point
woodduck  Offline
14 point
W
Tenn
Originally Posted by Big Game Hunter
Whites go with whites.
Blacks go with blacks.
Yellow go with yellows.
Reds go with reds.
Etc.

I’ve got some very good black friends BUT.....I don’t want my kids dating/marrying blacks/browns/yellow/etc.

If that’s considered racist, we’ll then I’m a racist.

I think there’s actually a bible verse that says God separated the races but I don’t recall the scripture.
call me one also I guess. Same way I feel

Re: Familiy Disagreement [Re: IDOT] #3026754
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
Originally Posted by IDOT
I just want my daughter to date/marry someone that makes her happy and will be a good father/example to my future grandkids. Dont care about color. Why worry about something as simple as skin color.

On a side note, if you think dating someone with a different skin color is wrong, you're a racist plain and simple. No way around it.

what if a nice muslim black woman makes your daughter happy and was a good example to her adopted or I.F. children?

For without victory, there is no survival
Re: Familiy Disagreement [Re: thirtyotsix] #3026756
01/29/20 10:26 AM
01/29/20 10:26 AM
Covington county AL
Zzzfog Offline
6 point
Zzzfog  Offline
6 point
Covington county AL
There are few ideas that are more IGNORANT than the idea that the color of your skin makes you better than a person of a different color. I personally have no use for such people. The Good Lord will sort it all out in due time!

Right and wrong will never change---only people's perception!
Re: Familiy Disagreement [Re: goodman_hunter] #3026757
01/29/20 10:28 AM
01/29/20 10:28 AM
muscle shoals
todd w Offline
10 point
todd w  Offline
10 point
muscle shoals
Originally Posted by goodman_hunter
Originally Posted by todd w

I am glad Jesus was not a particular on accepting me as some of you are about accepting other people.

but isn't saying that god had his chosen people(jews), actually just a form of racism?

No to say it simply. To understand why, you would have to go way back into the Old Testament. It is all about obedience and belief.

To keep from derailing the thread, feel free to PM me is you want to talk more about it

Last edited by todd w; 01/29/20 10:30 AM.

It is what it is.

Inspect what you Expect.

Hunting TN, AL, KY, and IL.
Re: Familiy Disagreement [Re: goodman_hunter] #3026759
01/29/20 10:31 AM
01/29/20 10:31 AM
HSV AL
jmudler Offline
Freak of Nature
jmudler  Offline
Freak of Nature
HSV AL

what if a nice muslim black woman makes your daughter happy and was a good example to her adopted or I.F. children?

I would ask her to read 2 Corinthians 6:14 and Leviticus 18 & 20.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Re: Familiy Disagreement [Re: goodman_hunter] #3026763
01/29/20 10:33 AM
01/29/20 10:33 AM
Northport, AL
GomerPyle Offline
Impatient Stinky Britches Wearin’ Off-Roadin’ Guru
GomerPyle  Offline
Northport, AL

pretty sure his post specifically states he wants his daughter to date, and then marry, a man ("someone that would be a good father").....also, pretty much everyone in this thread has differentiated between interracial marriage and interfaith (is that a word?) marriage...

There are 3 certainties in an uncertain world:

1. All Politicians Are Liars
2. All Gun Laws Are an Infringement
3. Taxation Is Theft
Re: Familiy Disagreement [Re: Zzzfog] #3026767
01/29/20 10:35 AM
01/29/20 10:35 AM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
Originally Posted by Zzzfog
There are few ideas that are more IGNORANT than the idea that the color of your skin makes you better than a person of a different color. I personally have no use for such people. The Good Lord will sort it all out in due time!

maybe before calling others IGNORANT you should look at how the world and civilization has progressed in some races and not so much in others. I understand your point, but history kind of says otherwise don't it?

Re: Familiy Disagreement [Re: MarksOutdoors] #3026772
01/29/20 10:43 AM
01/29/20 10:43 AM
AL
BamaGuitarDude Offline
12 point
BamaGuitarDude  Offline
12 point
AL
Originally Posted by MarksOutdoors
Originally Posted by BamaGuitarDude
i speak from experience -- having married inter-racially & been in the marriage for almost 20 years before we divorced -- you will have your damn work cut out for you. My ex was a Brazilian woman, so she was of olive complexion; the differences in "culture" between us was present every single day. It's already hard enough between a man & a woman to complicate a relationship with different cultures/nationality/races/etc.

I'm not telling anybody NOT to do it - nor am I criticizing it - but I damn sure will never do that again. I know what the Bible says about love conquering all - but human love is fickle & incredibly imperfect.

I think you're really on to something here. It's more about the ideologies that are held by people of the same skin color. As a whole, most black people have different cultural aversion even though they were raised in the U. S.. They think differently about politics, race relations, ideas about the unit of a family structure. I'm working on a crew that has 6 black guys on it over the age of 30. Not a single one of them is married with a family. They are all perfectly content to have 2 or 3 women in their back pocket with no aspirations to get married. I get along well with them all. They all believe our Country is rigged against them. Being compatible in these areas are EXTREMELY important when you are thinking within the context of a male/female relationship.

[Linked Image]

yup! "cultural" & "ideological" incompatibilities are no joke - forget race for a moment - it's the culture/customs/beliefs that will bite you in the ass much harder IMO ... case in point - after my divorce, i met a very nice, kind & upwardly mobile Jewish lady; she ticked the boxes in a LOT of categories for me -- but her religious background & the family behind her backing that up was a non-starter for me ... does that mean i'm "hating" on Jews?? well, hell NO!! but at some level, you've got to consider the practical day-to-day realities of a situation ... i've seen some FINE ladies of many different cultures, religions, races, etc. -- but would i want to hitch my saddle to them for the long haul & deal with it on a day-to-day basis? that's the real question you have to ask yourself

Last edited by BamaGuitarDude; 01/29/20 10:44 AM.

ALDeer physics: for every opinion, there's an equal & opposite opinion

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Re: Familiy Disagreement [Re: thirtyotsix] #3026775
01/29/20 10:44 AM
01/29/20 10:44 AM
Houston County
H
Hoytdad10 Offline
8 point
Hoytdad10  Offline
8 point
H
Houston County
He didn't call anyone ignorant... he said ideas.

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
Re: Familiy Disagreement [Re: Skullworks] #3026778
01/29/20 10:46 AM
01/29/20 10:46 AM
Athens, AL, United States
H
huntfish24 Offline
spike
huntfish24  Offline
spike
H
Athens, AL, United States
Originally Posted by Skullworks
Originally Posted by bill
I want my daughter to marry a man with a heart for God. I'd rather she marry a black man who truly has a heart for the Lord than a white man that doesn't know Christ. Because of the ridicule and racism she'd encounter I hope she finds a person of her own race with those qualities but I'm raising her to look at a person's character before all else.

Because of the mistakes I've seen others make, in regards to being adamant about race staying with race, and the results of the hardline stance they've taken, I've chosen never to speak to my daughter about it. I've watched too many girls with fathers who've preached at them about race rebel and date black men exclusively. I'm convinced that's a result of the father's insistence and the daughter's knowing it's the thing that will sting the most when they decide to rebel. So far, my daughter has figured it out on her own and shown good judgement. She's 14 and likes boys just fine but isn't nearly as boy crazy as most girls her age. I believe that's because she's been allowed to make up her own mind about things , in that regard, and we haven't made it a taboo subject. She also understands her boundaries and knows that the trust she has from her mother and I is something she's earned over a lifetime and if she starts making irresponsible choices she loses that trust she's earned.

I believe the best way to insure your daughter's make good choices is to model the things you want her to look for in a man and to lead them in a Godly manner. If you want to insure they rebel, rule with an iron fist and preach at them about race and they'll do exactly opposite of what you want when they get the first chance. Girls with daddy issues are a dime a dozen and there are just as many that got those issues from an overbearing father as there are from absent fathers.

Yes.

Say it louder for people in the back!!

Re: Familiy Disagreement [Re: goodman_hunter] #3026785
01/29/20 10:51 AM
01/29/20 10:51 AM
Covington county AL
Zzzfog Offline
6 point
Zzzfog  Offline
6 point
Covington county AL

maybe before calling others IGNORANT you should look at how the world and civilization has progressed in some races and not so much in others. I understand your point, but history kind of says otherwise don't it?

I’ll specifically call you ignorant. All you like to do is stir the pot in different directions. A lot of the “questions” you pose could easily be answered by yourself if you would simply study and apply simple logic. Maybe you simply aren’t mentally capable of logical deductive reasoning. As far as history I don’t believe there is any one “race” that has achieved everything while another has achieved nothing. But feel free to enlighten me with your infinite “wisdom”.

Right and wrong will never change---only people's perception!
Re: Familiy Disagreement [Re: GomerPyle] #3026787
01/29/20 10:53 AM
01/29/20 10:53 AM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
Originally Posted by GomerPyle

pretty sure his post specifically states he wants his daughter to date, and then marry, a man ("someone that would be a good father").....also, pretty much everyone in this thread has differentiated between interracial marriage and interfaith (is that a word?) marriage...

I get that but my point in that post and all the other post's is you basically have folks that say (A)I don't agree with interracial relationships and (B) they're ok with it BUT people who think differently are racist, narrow minded, and ignorant and often use some sort of qualifier (just want children to be happy), as long as it fits their idea of what should be acceptable. To them it's only acceptable to where they draw the line. But if they were truly concerned only with the happines of their children, why is a line drawn period, gender, race, religion, age or nationality?

Re: Familiy Disagreement [Re: goodman_hunter] #3026791
01/29/20 10:56 AM
Northport, AL
GomerPyle Offline
GomerPyle  Offline
Northport, AL
I get that but my point in that post and all the other post's is you basically have folks that say (A)I don't agree with interracial relationships and (B) they're ok with it BUT people who think differently are racist, narrow minded, and ignorant and often use some sort of qualifier (just want children to be happy), as long as it fits their idea of what should be acceptable. To them it's only acceptable to where they draw the line. But if they were truly concerned only with the happines of their children, why is a line drawn period, gender, race, religion, age or nationality?

I won't speak for other folks, but for me, as far as my kids are concerned, my primary concerns are:

1. Their eternal soul
2. Their earthly happiness

3. Taxation Is Theft
Re: Familiy Disagreement [Re: Zzzfog] #3026792
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county

I’ll specifically call you ignorant. All you like to do is stir the pot in different directions. A lot of the “questions” you pose could easily be answered by yourself if you would simply study and apply simple logic. Maybe you simply aren’t mentally capable of logical deductive reasoning. As far as history I don’t believe there is any one “race” that has achieved everything while another has achieved nothing. But feel free to enlighten me with your infinite “wisdom”.

There it is, Mr. Holey Roller in one post and name calling and chit talking in the next when your stance is questioned. Thats real christian of you.

Re: Familiy Disagreement [Re: Zzzfog] #3026794
01/29/20 10:59 AM
01/29/20 10:59 AM
TN
Reaper Offline
14 point
Reaper  Offline
14 point
TN

Not saying I agree one way or the other but
[Linked Image]

Re: Familiy Disagreement [Re: GomerPyle] #3026795
01/29/20 11:01 AM
01/29/20 11:01 AM
HSV AL
jmudler Offline
Freak of Nature
jmudler  Offline
Freak of Nature
HSV AL
Originally Posted by GomerPyle

I won't speak for other folks, but for me, as far as my kids are concerned, my primary concerns are:

1. Their eternal soul
2. Their earthly happiness

This

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Re: Familiy Disagreement [Re: Reaper] #3026798
01/29/20 11:04 AM
01/29/20 11:04 AM
HSV AL
jmudler Offline
Freak of Nature
jmudler  Offline
Freak of Nature
HSV AL
Originally Posted by Reaper
[Linked Image]

Africa.......
[Linked Image]

Last edited by jmudler; 01/29/20 11:04 AM.

Re: Familiy Disagreement [Re: Reaper] #3026801
01/29/20 11:10 AM
01/29/20 11:10 AM
Northport, AL
GomerPyle Offline
GomerPyle  Offline
Northport, AL
Originally Posted by Reaper

[Linked Image]

To be fair, I've seen places in Tuscaloosa County, occupied by white folks, that would make that African hut look like the Taj Mahal....

Last edited by GomerPyle; 01/29/20 11:10 AM.

3. Taxation Is Theft
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.