</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Taylormade irons and Ping 3W
by BamaBoHunter. 04/27/24 12:40 PM
.22 LR ammo for sale
by Rem870s2. 04/27/24 10:05 AM
ISO .22 pistol.
by hippi. 04/27/24 06:07 AM
Cva wolf 50. Cal
by Bows4evr. 04/26/24 11:49 PM
WTB - Browning Maxus
by Okatuppa. 04/26/24 11:25 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Kansas draw
by cgardner. 04/26/24 07:15 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by Squeaky. 04/26/24 12:07 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Who's Online Now
82 registered members (BOFF, walt4dun, Young20, 202P&Y, CTMS, imslower, Squeaky, Frankie, BCLC, canichols424, Dragfan66, Turkeyneck78, deadeye48, Ruger7mag, JLMiller, BamaBoHunter, AUjerbear, 300gr, chill, Jotjackson, limabean, MikeP, Chaser357, hoggin, Kelly_123, FreeStateHunter, ridgestalker, Hornhntr, Zzzfog, WINMAG300, hamma, mauvilla, jarcher38, Cactus_buck, mcninja, Crawfish, bamaeyedoc, Woody1, klay, aucountry, AuGrayghost, longshot, Standbanger, Hotrod20, Chancetribe, alhawk, scrubbuck, canine933, JustHunt, GomerPyle, 3006bullet, Overland, ALMODUX, rickyh_2, Etyson, mossyback, Rem870s2, Mack1, Six shooter, oakachoy, Morris, Stacey, Flatwoods, square, Jmkiper, SC53, icducks, Bud Meadows, bamabeagler, Okatuppa, Pwyse, Peach, Backwards cowboy, bamacotton, Whild_Bill, 7 invisible), 899 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Why do teachers complain so much? [Re: Phil_Army] #2962588
11/21/19 10:03 AM
11/21/19 10:03 AM
McCalla
H
hoggin Online content
10 point
hoggin  Online Content
10 point
H
McCalla
I have 2 daughters that teach high school, they start that crying crap and I tellem quick to shut that whining up. They k we what it was when they wasted my money that it took to get them that ridiculous job with half the year off. They cry right up till summer break then brag about being off all summer

Re: Why do teachers complain so much? [Re: 257wbymag] #2962590
11/21/19 10:05 AM
Scottsboro, Al
J
jbatey1 Offline
Lucky Bastage
jbatey1  Offline
Lucky Bastage
J
Scottsboro, Al
Originally Posted by 257wbymag
I said most. But I forgot about reading comprehension

Comprehension levels are down because teachers don’t get paid enough to stress the importance of reading comprehension. laugh

The fool tells me his reasons; the wise man persuades me with my own.
Re: Why do teachers complain so much? [Re: HippieKiller] #2962591
B'ham
Goatkiller Offline
14 point
Goatkiller  Offline
14 point
B'ham
Originally Posted by HippieKiller
If that were true, there wouldn't be so many teachers that pick up side gigs to try to make ends meet.

Teachers are able to pick up a side gig because they have the time to pick up a side gig.

Think about that.

So do Firefighters and a LOT of other professions in this category.

Nobody that works for me has time to pick up a side gig so I have to pay them more.

That's how this works.

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.
Re: Why do teachers complain so much? [Re: JBL] #2962593
11/21/19 10:08 AM
11/21/19 10:08 AM
B'ham
Goatkiller Offline
14 point
Goatkiller  Offline
14 point
B'ham
Originally Posted by JBL

Originally Posted by Goatkiller

Everyone who gets a nearly risk free paycheck from a municipality, State or Federal Government agency or State funded institution seems to always have something to complain about.

I've got zero sympathy.

The rewards are greater in the private sector but the risks are 10 fold.

If you don't like it get another job.

Agreed, accept for the part about rewards are greater in the private sector. See the teacher spinoff thread I just started. The rewards are not always greater. I know you probably dont mean in every case, but still, just saying.

100% agree.

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.
Re: Why do teachers complain so much? [Re: Phil_Army] #2962598
11/21/19 10:14 AM
11/21/19 10:14 AM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Offline
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Offline
Booner
M
Chilton County
Originally Posted by Groundhawg
Originally Posted by MarksOutdoors
My wife is in the school system. Home everyday by 15:30, gets to dress up everyday, stays clean, summers off, weekends off. I love it.

In the school system, hum... a teacher? I doubt it.

Teacher's aid. Does the same job but gets paid half as much. My neighbors are both teachers, as well. He stepped into a Principal role about 5 years ago. After 2 years he said he was done because he didn't get summers off anymore, had to be at every ballgame and had no administrative help during the summer. He said he had it much better as a teacher.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton
Re: Why do teachers complain so much? [Re: Phil_Army] #2962601
11/21/19 10:16 AM
11/21/19 10:16 AM
Scottsboro, Al
J
jbatey1 Offline
Lucky Bastage
jbatey1  Offline
Lucky Bastage
J
Scottsboro, Al
Originally Posted by Phil_Army
I see teachers complaning on facebook all the time about how they should get paid more. The hours suck. The kids suck...

1) didn't you know what teachers got paid when you went to college to become one?

2) even though you don't get quite as long of a summer and winter break, you're still off work a lot more than a normal 8-5er

3) you get a state retirement out of it

4) you have state benefits

Don't like it, find a new job. Rant over...

If it makes you feel any better, Phil, I see just as many real estate people complain about their jobs as I do teachers. The “Oh, these buyers are wasting my time” or “This seller is wasting my time” blah blah type of stuff. I’ve heard plenty of it. Goes the same for property managers, too.

Every farmer I’ve ever met has at some point complained to me about how poor they are or how much they have to work and etc.

Business owners complain that they don’t get paid overtime, have so much responsibility and liability. Half the business owners on here complain periodically about how hard it is to find good employees.

Website owners have complaints every now and then, too.

Every group of workers have complainers and like the majority of complaining going on in this country, You are seeing a minority of people within a large majority that are complaining. Happy people aren’t complaining, you only see or hear the “loud minority”.

If you don’t like seeing the teacher on your Facebook complaining. Simply delete them.

Don’t let it get you triggered.

The fool tells me his reasons; the wise man persuades me with my own.
Re: Why do teachers complain so much? [Re: Phil_Army] #2962603
11/21/19 10:18 AM
11/21/19 10:18 AM
Ohatchee
CoachBuck67 Offline
spike
CoachBuck67  Offline
spike
Ohatchee
I am a teacher (History 14 years). I am also 52 which means I have spent most of my adult life working in other fields (UPS, construction, sales, chicken plant, foundry, airline parts overhaul and repair, built recreation equipment, Wal-Mart, and I worked in a warehouse). True there are plenty of teachers that complain about their work, and some do have a legitimate complaint, but there are also others that have done "nothing", as far as work, other than teach, but if you look in any profession for that matter there are people out there that should have chosen something else to do or at least have experience or wisdom from prior job knowledge. I know for a fact this is the easiest job I have ever had. It can be very rewarding, but at the same time there are too many people that have a say so in education or some that have been so far removed from the classroom that they do not know how to fix what is broken which leads to disgruntled attitudes. I had the privileged to go back to school so I decided to pay it forward because I remember the teachers in the classroom that tried their hardest to reach me and lead me to a better future. It was a long road but I remembered their investment in me and the other students. Rather it is teaching or coaching the most important thing is to help the students understand what the future is like. I encourage trade over college for the most part because most of my students fit that mold, college isn't for everyone. Just like me, sometimes its better to go out and learn the ways of the wild before you can actually choose your niche.
So before you go out and judge, understand most of us that do care, we go above and beyond the call of duty, and most do not have summers off.

Re: Why do teachers complain so much? [Re: Phil_Army] #2962606
11/21/19 10:21 AM
11/21/19 10:21 AM
HSV AL
jmudler Offline
Freak of Nature
jmudler  Offline
Freak of Nature
HSV AL
Everyone at some point complains about their job. That is why jobs are call jobs and hobbies are called hobbies.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Re: Why do teachers complain so much? [Re: Phil_Army] #2962609
11/21/19 10:23 AM
11/21/19 10:23 AM
Semmes, AL
HippieKiller Offline
10 point
HippieKiller  Offline
10 point
Semmes, AL
Solid post, Coach.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
Re: Why do teachers complain so much? [Re: jbatey1] #2962610
11/21/19 10:24 AM
11/21/19 10:24 AM
Jasper, AL
J
joshm28 Offline
14 point
joshm28  Offline
14 point
J
Jasper, AL
Originally Posted by jbatey1

Comprehension levels are down because teachers don’t get paid enough to stress the importance of reading comprehension. laugh

Reading Comp scores are way down due to the BS reading programs being taught. My son is in 4th grade, he’s in the gifted program, straight A student and reads on a 6th grade level. He already has his AR points for the entire year with an average score of 99 (read a book and take a test). He however struggles with the one page short story with questions that they give every week. I have multiple degrees and I have to go back and reread the paragraph multiple times to get those answers correct. His best friend is even smarter and has issues as well. The questions and “correct” answers are utter bull chit. I’ve been griping at the school for 2 years about the format. The teachers are even fed up with it and have started giving extra credit questions.

Re: Why do teachers complain so much? [Re: jmudler] #2962615
11/21/19 10:27 AM
11/21/19 10:27 AM
OAK MTN
HBWALKER14 Offline
8 point
HBWALKER14  Offline
8 point
OAK MTN
Whenever my wife tries to complain about teaching i quickly remind her that im a logistics agent, and deal with 100-150 truck drivers a week. She quickly settles down.

A BAD DAYS HUNTING OR FISHING IS BETTER THAN ANY DAY AT WORK
Re: Why do teachers complain so much? [Re: CoachBuck67] #2962620
11/21/19 10:34 AM
11/21/19 10:34 AM
Georgia and Missouri
Semo Offline
12 point
Semo  Offline
12 point
Georgia and Missouri
Originally Posted by CoachBuck67
I am a teacher (History 14 years). I am also 52 which means I have spent most of my adult life working in other fields (UPS, construction, sales, chicken plant, foundry, airline parts overhaul and repair, built recreation equipment, Wal-Mart, and I worked in a warehouse). True there are plenty of teachers that complain about their work, and some do have a legitimate complaint, but there are also others that have done "nothing", as far as work, other than teach, but if you look in any profession for that matter there are people out there that should have chosen something else to do or at least have experience or wisdom from prior job knowledge. I know for a fact this is the easiest job I have ever had. It can be very rewarding, but at the same time there are too many people that have a say so in education or some that have been so far removed from the classroom that they do not know how to fix what is broken which leads to disgruntled attitudes. I had the privileged to go back to school so I decided to pay it forward because I remember the teachers in the classroom that tried their hardest to reach me and lead me to a better future. It was a long road but I remembered their investment in me and the other students. Rather it is teaching or coaching the most important thing is to help the students understand what the future is like. I encourage trade over college for the most part because most of my students fit that mold, college isn't for everyone. Just like me, sometimes its better to go out and learn the ways of the wild before you can actually choose your niche.
So before you go out and judge, understand most of us that do care, we go above and beyond the call of duty, and most do not have summers off.

exactly. Same in higher ed. Funny how the complainers are the ones that went straight through and have really never had a job outside of their TA/RA. They also don't seem to realize how today's decisions influence outcomes down the road.

Re: Why do teachers complain so much? [Re: Phil_Army] #2962623
11/21/19 10:39 AM
11/21/19 10:39 AM
N. Bama
257wbymag Offline
Boo Boo Head
257wbymag  Offline
Boo Boo Head
N. Bama
I got fired a month ago from helping my kids with their homework. The way they’re teaching these kids today is rediculous. My sons 5th grade fractions blew my mind. I actually just said screw it. He came home with an F for that one and my wife called me all pissed off. I solved that problem of having to do homework rofl

Quietly killing turkeys where youre not!!!
My tank full of give a fraks been runnin on empty
I'm the paterfamilias
Re: Why do teachers complain so much? [Re: 257wbymag] #2962624
11/21/19 10:42 AM
11/21/19 10:42 AM
Northport, AL
GomerPyle Online content
Impatient Stinky Britches Wearin’ Off-Roadin’ Guru
GomerPyle  Online Content
Impatient Stinky Britches Wearin’ Off-Roadin’ Guru
Northport, AL
I got fired a month ago from helping my kids with their homework. The way they’re teaching these kids today is rediculous. My sons 5th grade fractions blew my mind. I actually just said screw it. He came home with an F for that one and my wife called me all pissed off. I solved that problem of having to do homework rofl

Yeah, GomerJr came home showing me some "trick" they taught them on how to use your fingers to multiply a single-digit number by another single-digit number. What the hell happened to just memorizing the multiplication table?

We're very fortunate that he, like me, is one of those people that just "gets" math. It just clicks in his head and just makes sense. God help us, though, when his sister gets to that age because I seriously doubt it will come as easy to her.

There are 3 certainties in an uncertain world:

1. All Politicians Are Liars
2. All Gun Laws Are an Infringement
3. Taxation Is Theft
Re: Why do teachers complain so much? [Re: joshm28] #2962625
11/21/19 10:44 AM
11/21/19 10:44 AM
Georgia and Missouri
Semo Offline
12 point
Semo  Offline
12 point
Georgia and Missouri
Originally Posted by joshm28

Reading Comp scores are way down due to the BS reading programs being taught. My son is in 4th grade, he’s in the gifted program, straight A student and reads on a 6th grade level. He already has his AR points for the entire year with an average score of 99 (read a book and take a test). He however struggles with the one page short story with questions that they give every week. I have multiple degrees and I have to go back and reread the paragraph multiple times to get those answers correct. His best friend is even smarter and has issues as well. The questions and “correct” answers are utter bull chit. I’ve been griping at the school for 2 years about the format. The teachers are even fed up with it and have started giving extra credit questions.

Both my sons are strong readers. But the limitations to their learning (IMO) is that their classrooms have so many non-english speakers or at least it isn't their 1st. My younger son has 7 of 18 in his class that english isn't their 1st language and 2 of the kids couldn't speak a bit of it. I am highly sensitive to this because my father learned english in 1st grade and only spoke german at home (my mom didn't know my grandfather could speak english for years). But it does make it difficult for both the non-english speakers and the kids that aren't challenged because of the time spent on the barrier.

Re: Why do teachers complain so much? [Re: Phil_Army] #2962633
11/21/19 10:54 AM
11/21/19 10:54 AM
Slidell, La
perchjerker Offline
Freak of Nature
perchjerker  Offline
Freak of Nature
Slidell, La
A couple of months ago it was reported that in the whole New Orleans school system there was not a single student proficient in math. Really?????? Who is at fault?? teachers , parents or students. I'd say all of the above. To me it starts at home with lack of discipline, and parenting skills. Then you have to admit that nothing can be learned in a classroom full of behavior distractions. The whole gang is at fault and constantly looks to blame everyone else. Personally I pity todays teachers that struggle in inner citys jut to maintain their students and self saftey. I couldn't do it. Plus being forced to teach feelings over history and common core over reality of life.

Thomas Jefferson. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Life is too short to only hunt and fish on weekends!

If being a dumbass was fatal some of you would be on your death bed!

Re: Why do teachers complain so much? [Re: jbatey1] #2962642
11/21/19 11:04 AM
11/21/19 11:04 AM
Jackson Co.
JBL Offline
8 point
JBL  Offline
8 point
Jackson Co.

Every farmer I’ve ever met has at some point complained to me about how poor they are or how much they have to work and etc.

I've heard this alot as well. Yet they drive new trucks and new bass boats and have pretty much anything they want. In the past 20 years I personally havent seen a poor farmer.

Re: Why do teachers complain so much? [Re: Phil_Army] #2962645
11/21/19 11:06 AM
11/21/19 11:06 AM
N. Bama
257wbymag Offline
Boo Boo Head
257wbymag  Offline
Boo Boo Head
N. Bama
I can show you some really poor ones. And I show you some really wealthy ones. It’s all how you handle success.

Quietly killing turkeys where youre not!!!
My tank full of give a fraks been runnin on empty
I'm the paterfamilias
Re: Why do teachers complain so much? [Re: 257wbymag] #2962648
11/21/19 11:11 AM
11/21/19 11:11 AM
Georgia and Missouri
Semo Offline
12 point
Semo  Offline
12 point
Georgia and Missouri
I can show you some really poor ones. And I show you some really wealthy ones. It’s all how you handle success.

Also a lot out there that are still farming like it is 1950.

Re: Why do teachers complain so much? [Re: Phil_Army] #2962668
11/21/19 11:27 AM
11/21/19 11:27 AM
B
BPI Offline
14 point
BPI  Offline
14 point
B
I'm married to a teacher. She complained about her salary and I counted the days she actually worked and divided it by the hours... They make a killing for the time they put in.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.