</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Mission SUB 1 XR Trade or Sale
by AL18. 04/28/24 10:36 AM
ISO gas golf cart
by Paint Rock 00. 04/27/24 06:55 PM
Taylormade irons and Ping 3W
by BamaBoHunter. 04/27/24 12:40 PM
.22 LR ammo for sale
by Rem870s2. 04/27/24 10:05 AM
ISO .22 pistol.
by hippi. 04/27/24 06:07 AM
Serious Deer Talk
Velvet
by Mbrock. 04/28/24 09:16 PM
Forever wild gun regs.
by N2TRKYS. 04/28/24 01:25 PM
Kansas draw
by Hunter454. 04/27/24 06:05 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by Squeaky. 04/26/24 12:07 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Who's Online Now
20 registered members (woodduck, ImThere, Grokamole, Jotjackson, paintrock, JustHunt, brassmagnet, Turkeyneck78, Doeslayer44, NWFJ, Todd1700, Thread Killer, TDog93, BCLC, Overland, Forrestgump1, farmerjay, 3 invisible), 858 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Tua is "Fragile" or "Injury Prone" [Re: jwalker77] #2960756
11/18/19 09:37 PM
11/18/19 09:37 PM
Montgomery / Luverne
crenshawco Offline
Booner
crenshawco  Offline
Booner
Montgomery / Luverne
Originally Posted by jwalker77
Originally Posted by MarkBAMA
Y’all did see the other guys carted off the field Saturday right? Most athletes who go all out to make a play are more injury prone. Injuries are part of the game. You cannot deny that the guys has a heart for the game and wants to compete at a high level. Don’t be surprised if he proves a lot of people wrong in a few months.

This could be the case. I dont think he knows how to take a hit. It looks to me like he tenses up and struggles against going down. I dont know if that makes sense. Jalen hurts almost looks like he goes limp when hes going down. I think jalen takes a hit alot better, or in a way that hes less likely to get hurt. Just something ive noticed about the two of them. Tua seems to fight it and get twisted around alot.

Jalen delivers the blow most of the time. He also runs a lot more than Tua. Tua creates plays with his legs, but running isn't nor should it be his first priority. If my memory serves me right, most of his injuries have come with him trying to extend plays out of the pocket. Sometimes, you gotta get rid of it and live to fight another down

Re: Tua is "Fragile" or "Injury Prone" [Re: jwalker77] #2960760
11/18/19 09:40 PM
11/18/19 09:40 PM
Tenn
W
woodduck Online content
14 point
woodduck  Online Content
14 point
W
Tenn
Y’all did see the other guys carted off the field Saturday right? Most athletes who go all out to make a play are more injury prone. Injuries are part of the game. You cannot deny that the guys has a heart for the game and wants to compete at a high level. Don’t be surprised if he proves a lot of people wrong in a few months.

This could be the case. I dont think he knows how to take a hit. It looks to me like he tenses up and struggles against going down. I dont know if that makes sense. Jalen hurts almost looks like he goes limp when hes going down. I think jalen takes a hit alot better, or in a way that hes less likely to get hurt. Just something ive noticed about the two of them. Tua seems to fight it and get twisted around alot.

Been telling folks this for a while. Hard to explain but he falls awkwardly or something. Hope he recovers and makes millions

Re: Tua is "Fragile" or "Injury Prone" [Re: GomerPyle] #2960778
11/18/19 09:49 PM
11/18/19 09:49 PM
Scottsboro, Al
J
jbatey1 Offline
Lucky Bastage
jbatey1  Offline
Lucky Bastage
J
Scottsboro, Al
Originally Posted by GomerPyle

I keep seeing a lot of this on Facebook, twitter, overheard in conversation, etc............Everyone (average Joe's) keep saying that it will scare off NFL teams, even if he makes a full recovery. I saw an article yesterday, though, from a form NFL scout who says otherwise.

According to this guy, every injury the guy has had has been a freak thing....ankles getting rolled up on, having 2 guys fall on him and landing weirdly causing a hip to dislocate, etc. It's not like he was just running and pulled up lame with an injury. These have all been common injuries that happen to players all the time, he's just been unfortunate enough to have them all happen to him. If you want to make the argument that he hangs onto the ball too long or needs to learn more when to slide, then that's a different discussion.

But, according to this guy (who would know better than 99.99% of people speculating, including the various media idiots on TV), assuming Tua makes a complete recovery, none of his injury history will hurt his NFL prospects.

I said this weeks ago when people on this site started that narrative. NFL scouts, owners, analysts and etc have came out numerous times stating that the ankle injuries are things that happen to athletes and now they say that the hip was a freak thing...which it was.

Tua isn’t going to be any more “injury prone” than half of the starting quarterbacks in the nfl over the recent years.

“Injury prone” Tua became a starter, what, 24 games ago? Someone please enlighten me on how many starts he’s missed over those 24 games. I’ll wait.

The fool tells me his reasons; the wise man persuades me with my own.
Re: Tua is "Fragile" or "Injury Prone" [Re: GomerPyle] #2960785
11/18/19 09:54 PM
11/18/19 09:54 PM
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
jawbone Offline
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline
Freak of Nature
One thing to consider too is that he, and all other QBs in the NFL, are protected to a level that they don't get in college.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.
Re: Tua is "Fragile" or "Injury Prone" [Re: jwalker77] #2960797
11/18/19 09:59 PM
11/18/19 09:59 PM
Scottsboro, Al
J
jbatey1 Offline
Lucky Bastage
jbatey1  Offline
Lucky Bastage
J
Scottsboro, Al

Ya’ll remember that Jalen had the same ankle injury and procedure that Tua had, right?

I think Crenshaw has a good point in the fact that Hurts is usually the one delivering his hits. With that being said, Jalen Hurts is a physically gifted freak athlete, unlike most quarterbacks. Tua is built like most quarterbacks, good enough shape but not gonna wow the scouts when he takes his shirt off. His added mobility is something that should be secondary. He is a surgeon when throwing the ball- I would stick with that.

The fool tells me his reasons; the wise man persuades me with my own.
Re: Tua is "Fragile" or "Injury Prone" [Re: crenshawco] #2960812
11/18/19 10:09 PM
11/18/19 10:09 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Originally Posted by crenshawco

Jalen delivers the blow most of the time. He also runs a lot more than Tua. Tua creates plays with his legs, but running isn't nor should it be his first priority. If my memory serves me right, most of his injuries have come with him trying to extend plays out of the pocket. Sometimes, you gotta get rid of it and live to fight another down

I agree

Re: Tua is "Fragile" or "Injury Prone" [Re: GomerPyle] #2960905
11/18/19 11:59 PM
11/18/19 11:59 PM
jawbone Offline
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline
Freak of Nature
The ankle is not the thing to worry about with Tua's future. The ball joint in the hip going dead from a lack of blood is a real thing. I can't remember what percentage the doctor that put my wife's hip back together told me it was, but it was significant. They watch for it closely and can deal with it when it happens in most cases, but a premier athlete is not the normal case. He has to be able to do more than just walk again.

Re: Tua is "Fragile" or "Injury Prone" [Re: GomerPyle] #2960913
11/19/19 12:38 AM
11/19/19 12:38 AM
alabama
outdoors1 Offline
10 point
outdoors1  Offline
10 point
alabama
Some of these injuries could be the offensive lines fault for not protecting the quarterback these guys need to step it up. Maybe get a little more physical and even a penalty if it means protecting the quarterback. Don't see how Burrow hasn't got rolled myself yet the way he runs recklessly up the field. This type injury ended Bo Jackson's career cause the bone died just maybe Tua's will be heal completely. Not sure he will even get drafted now until he can prove what he can do after recovery.

Re: Tua is "Fragile" or "Injury Prone" [Re: GomerPyle] #2960943
11/19/19 07:19 AM
11/19/19 07:19 AM
IN
P
ParrotHead89 Offline
10 point
ParrotHead89  Offline
10 point
P
IN
Surely they have an insurance policy on him. Here is one that they had on Jake Butt. Pretty interesting
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/4/29/15485148/jake-butt-insurance-policy-draft-2017

Re: Tua is "Fragile" or "Injury Prone" [Re: jawbone] #2960956
11/19/19 07:50 AM
11/19/19 07:50 AM
Northport, AL
GomerPyle Offline OP
Impatient Stinky Britches Wearin’ Off-Roadin’ Guru
GomerPyle  Offline OP
Impatient Stinky Britches Wearin’ Off-Roadin’ Guru
Northport, AL
Originally Posted by jawbone
The ankle is not the thing to worry about with Tua's future. The ball joint in the hip going dead from a lack of blood is a real thing. I can't remember what percentage the doctor that put my wife's hip back together told me it was, but it was significant. They watch for it closely and can deal with it when it happens in most cases, but a premier athlete is not the normal case. He has to be able to do more than just walk again.

They've already addressed that part and said they don't think that will be an issue because the medical staff at the stadium addressed it onsite (I think they referred to it as "reducing" the hip). With Bo Jacksons injury, that wasn't the case, they apparently waited until they got him to the hospital and by then the damage was done.

There are 3 certainties in an uncertain world:

1. All Politicians Are Liars
2. All Gun Laws Are an Infringement
3. Taxation Is Theft
Re: Tua is "Fragile" or "Injury Prone" [Re: GomerPyle] #2961005
11/19/19 09:11 AM
11/19/19 09:11 AM
jawbone Offline
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline
Freak of Nature

They've already addressed that part and said they don't think that will be an issue because the medical staff at the stadium addressed it onsite (I think they referred to it as "reducing" the hip). With Bo Jacksons injury, that wasn't the case, they apparently waited until they got him to the hospital and by then the damage was done.

According to my wife's doctor, early treatment helps prevent the loss of blood flow, but they really don't know for a couple of weeks or longer. That is why even after she was released there were vital follow up visits for this exact reason. There is no doubt that he will be very closely monitored for this and all that can be done to prevent it will be done, which is really nothing but prayer. If this happens to him, it will be caught early I'm sure. I wish I could remember the medical name for it, but I can't.

Re: Tua is "Fragile" or "Injury Prone" [Re: GomerPyle] #2961041
11/19/19 10:07 AM
11/19/19 10:07 AM
AL
H
hunterbuck Offline
Booner
hunterbuck  Offline
Booner
H
AL

No, Bo's wasn't a complete dislocation. Bo had a subluxation (partial dislocation), and the femur ball popped back into the socket on its own. He thought he'd just twisted his hip, therefore he/they didn't properly attend to the hip for a week. In that time, there was virtually no blood flow to the bone and cartilage around Bo's hip socket, and it died.

People keep trying to tie the two injuries together, but there are way too many differences to say they are similar. Let's also not forget that we're talking about nearly 30 years worth of medical advances.

That doesn't mean that there isn't still some danger regarding blood flow to the region for Tua. But, from what I've read, people who have the hip reduced and medically attended to within 6 hours of the injury have less than a 5-10% of necrosis. But, there's always that chance.

"You think I care? Roll Damn Tide"

Have you tried Google?
Re: Tua is "Fragile" or "Injury Prone" [Re: GomerPyle] #2961045
11/19/19 10:14 AM
11/19/19 10:14 AM
USA
R
Remington270 Offline
Freak of Nature
Remington270  Offline
Freak of Nature
R
USA
Y'all do realize that Tua had a hip socket fracture, too right? Where the hip is a "Ball and socket"....the socket broke. This is most commonly seen in car accidents. If this wasn't a big deal, they wouldn't have flown him to Houston, TX. He's going to be lucky to ever play again. I'm not a surgeon, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Re: Tua is "Fragile" or "Injury Prone" [Re: GomerPyle] #2961082
11/19/19 11:15 AM
11/19/19 11:15 AM
Jasper, AL
J
joshm28 Offline
14 point
joshm28  Offline
14 point
J
Jasper, AL
I was watching the game with an ortho surgeon and a couple physical therapist Saturday. It made for an interesting discussion. My ortho buddy said he can make a full recovery IF the surgeon can fix the socket and it be uniform. With a lot of breaks it’s impossible to stabilize that joint break in the “correct spot”. If it’s not then he will have big issues down the road as the cartilage will wear. If it’s fixed perfect and not much ligament damage then he could come back 100%.

He’s the definition of “injury prone”, whether or not they have all he freak accidents.

Re: Tua is "Fragile" or "Injury Prone" [Re: joshm28] #2961168
11/19/19 01:33 PM
11/19/19 01:33 PM
north Alabama
biglmbass Offline
14 point
biglmbass  Offline
14 point
north Alabama
Originally Posted by joshm28
I was watching the game with an ortho surgeon and a couple physical therapist Saturday. It made for an interesting discussion.

Given the severity of the injury, which wasn't known at the time, I wonder if them standing him up on the field was wise. Just a thought that came to mind as I watched it in real time.

Originally Posted by hillmp
The left lane is for the the purpose of moving the flow of traffic forward regardless of the speed limit. If your impeding the flow of traffic get your ass in the right lane. It's really that simple...

Re: Tua is "Fragile" or "Injury Prone" [Re: GomerPyle] #2961194
11/19/19 01:59 PM
11/19/19 01:59 PM
Jasper, AL
J
joshm28 Offline
14 point
joshm28  Offline
14 point
J
Jasper, AL
That wasn’t mentioned at all. When they stood him up and from behind his leg looked shorter. The guys all immediately said dislocation. Something about how the muscles pull once it’s dislocated. I don’t think getting him up hurt anything though.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.