</a J and J Outdoor Productions Management Advantage! Southwood BIGS PERFORMANCE Motivated Movers Mayer Insurance Services LLC Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Serious Deer Talk
How many feeders/mineral salt licks?
by NovicePredator. 05/29/20 12:10 PM
Big Man Shooting House Chair
by GmeHunter. 05/27/20 08:57 PM
Little help
by roadkill. 05/27/20 07:31 PM
I’m calling “just because”
by CNC. 05/26/20 12:08 PM
Hog panel alternative
by pcoladoc. 05/26/20 08:17 AM
Aldeer Classifieds
14ft flatbottom
by Fatboyslim. 05/29/20 09:54 PM
Browning A5 Shotgun
by Hunter11. 05/29/20 09:32 PM
Anybody got a 6.5x55 or 257Roberts to trade
by BCLC. 05/29/20 06:11 PM
ISO a few guns
by Hornhntr. 05/29/20 12:50 PM
Yamaha F25 Fourstroke Outboard
by stanner. 05/29/20 12:47 PM
Who's Online Now
35 registered members (DEADorALIVE, Beak_Buster, wdmax1, hhsdc78, Cactus_buck, BCLC, Sulli, James, Andrew Morton, CarbonClimber1, Scout308, TexasHuntress, mauvilla, dtmwtp, MTeague, jake5050, nomercy, CouchNapper, noble, Todd1700, Turkey_neck, modoc_333, ucmducks, okfuski, Avengedsevenfold, metalmuncher, flgator, Dixiepatriot, bhammedic84, sluggun, Zbrann, Gobble4me757, 3 invisible), 348 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Tire Vote [Re: quailmanman] #2933278
10/22/19 09:21 PM
10/22/19 09:21 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 32,282
City, State, Country
doekiller Offline
Freak of Nature
doekiller  Offline
Freak of Nature
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 32,282
City, State, Country
I still don’t believe anyone can get out 80,000 miles out of a set of mud or all terrain tires and still have usable tread for mud or all terrain usage.


"I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed." Booker T. Washington
Re: Tire Vote [Re: AU338MAG] #2933320
10/22/19 09:50 PM
10/22/19 09:50 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,192
mobile
C
charlie Offline
12 point
charlie  Offline
12 point
C
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,192
mobile
LT were only a few dollars more.

[Linked Image]html photo hosting

Re: Tire Vote [Re: doekiller] #2933323
10/22/19 09:53 PM
10/22/19 09:53 PM
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 194
Butler county
J
JHL Offline
3 point
JHL  Offline
3 point
J
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 194
Butler county
Originally Posted by doekiller
I still don’t believe anyone can get out 80,000 miles out of a set of mud or all terrain tires and still have usable tread for mud or all terrain usage.

Re: Tire Vote [Re: quailmanman] #2933326
10/22/19 09:57 PM
10/22/19 09:57 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 11,084
Montgomery / Luverne
crenshawco Offline
Booner
crenshawco  Offline
Booner
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 11,084
Montgomery / Luverne
Another Toyo vote here. I've gotten 70,000 out of my last 2 sets and just put another set on. I never got anywhere near that out of BFGs

Re: Tire Vote [Re: quailmanman] #2933331
10/22/19 10:02 PM
10/22/19 10:02 PM
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 50
Covington County, AL
Shhwing Offline
spike
Shhwing  Offline
spike
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 50
Covington County, AL
Fierce attitude MT is where its at.

Re: Tire Vote [Re: doekiller] #2933345
10/22/19 10:17 PM
10/22/19 10:17 PM
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,660
miss'ippi
D
donia Offline
8 point
donia  Offline
8 point
D
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,660
miss'ippi
Originally Posted by doekiller
I still don’t believe anyone can get out 80,000 miles out of a set of mud or all terrain tires and still have usable tread for mud or all terrain usage.


can’t...more like driving on them until the tire man says it’s time. I’m a little over 60k on bfg on a sequoia and it is a lil slippery, at times. I definitely won’t point it where I would on new treads! due a set before season starts.

Last edited by donia; 10/22/19 10:20 PM.

experience is a freakin' awesome teacher....
Re: Tire Vote [Re: JHL] #2933349
10/22/19 10:23 PM
10/22/19 10:23 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 11,084
Montgomery / Luverne
crenshawco Offline
Booner
crenshawco  Offline
Booner
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 11,084
Montgomery / Luverne
Originally Posted by JHL
Originally Posted by doekiller
I still don’t believe anyone can get out 80,000 miles out of a set of mud or all terrain tires and still have usable tread for mud or all terrain usage.



Well of course not, but they're still safely driveable tires. I don't think anybody here is claiming that they maintain their offroad performance over 70 or 80 thousand miles.

Re: Tire Vote [Re: quailmanman] #2933360
10/22/19 10:36 PM
10/22/19 10:36 PM
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 943
Georgia and Missouri
Semo Offline
6 point
Semo  Offline
6 point
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 943
Georgia and Missouri
never had the Goodyear's you speak of. after I had terrible luck with some Wrangler tds I just quit on them. had many sets of the bfg's. always 10 ply. after 40000 they seem to start hydroplaning for me. so, I went with some wildpeaks cause a buddy of mine has some with 70k and they still actually have ok tread. however, they don't drive or corner near as good as the bfg's. but I got them for $650 out the door so I'm not complaining.

I have also had a few sets of the michilan ltx in 10 ply. if you aren't going to really be mudding they are great tires and are great in snow. have them on our grocery getter Yukon XL and they totally changed the way it drives.

Re: Tire Vote [Re: doekiller] #2933366
10/22/19 10:45 PM
10/22/19 10:45 PM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,010
PNW
kodiak06 Online content
14 point
kodiak06  Online Content
14 point
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,010
PNW
Originally Posted by doekiller
I still don’t believe anyone can get out 80,000 miles out of a set of mud or all terrain tires and still have usable tread for mud or all terrain usage.

I can't..

Re: Tire Vote [Re: charlie] #2933392
10/22/19 11:32 PM
10/22/19 11:32 PM
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,604
Helena, AL
A
AU338MAG Offline
14 point
AU338MAG  Offline
14 point
A
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,604
Helena, AL
Originally Posted by charlie
LT were only a few dollars more.

[Linked Image]html photo hosting

Prices vary a lot by size. 285 55/R20 ridge grappler was $338 when I looked yesterday on several sites.


Dying ain't much of a living boy...Josey Wales
Re: Tire Vote [Re: quailmanman] #2933444
10/23/19 06:44 AM
10/23/19 06:44 AM
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 13,917
Northport, AL
GomerPyle Offline
Impatient Stinky Britches Wearin’ Off-Roadin’ Guru
GomerPyle  Offline
Impatient Stinky Britches Wearin’ Off-Roadin’ Guru
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 13,917
Northport, AL
Originally Posted by AU338MAG
Originally Posted by GomerPyle


When I bought my Falkens, they were $890ish out the door. Same size Nittos and Toyos were $1400-1500. And everyone in town was pretty equally priced

Those higher prices are for LT rated tires, not P rated tires.

Nope, I went with P rated, not LT, because I don't tow anything heavier than a 4 wheeler. Size is 275/60/20.


"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to; I hunt them because I have to. I would, really, rather not but I'm helpless in the grip of my compulsion."
Re: Tire Vote [Re: quailmanman] #2933448
10/23/19 06:47 AM
10/23/19 06:47 AM
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 13,917
Northport, AL
GomerPyle Offline
Impatient Stinky Britches Wearin’ Off-Roadin’ Guru
GomerPyle  Offline
Impatient Stinky Britches Wearin’ Off-Roadin’ Guru
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 13,917
Northport, AL

Also, that walmart price is not their "out the door" price....it doesn't include mounting/balancing or disposing of the old tires or tax.


"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to; I hunt them because I have to. I would, really, rather not but I'm helpless in the grip of my compulsion."
Re: Tire Vote [Re: quailmanman] #2933458
10/23/19 06:57 AM
10/23/19 06:57 AM
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 943
Georgia and Missouri
Semo Offline
6 point
Semo  Offline
6 point
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 943
Georgia and Missouri
glad I still have 16 inch rims. save $ on tires and performance reasons. can get load E tires for cheaper than you guys buying car tires on 18 and 20 inch rims. plus I don't have to cry about my rims when my wife hits a curb.

Re: Tire Vote [Re: quailmanman] #2933461
10/23/19 07:01 AM
10/23/19 07:01 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 32,282
City, State, Country
doekiller Offline
Freak of Nature
doekiller  Offline
Freak of Nature
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 32,282
City, State, Country
The difference is tire price when you jump up to 20 inch rims is crazy.


"I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed." Booker T. Washington
Re: Tire Vote [Re: Semo] #2933464
10/23/19 07:05 AM
10/23/19 07:05 AM
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 7,455
altoona
jb20 Offline
If u jerk it off youll b picking lil teeth out
jb20  Offline
If u jerk it off youll b picking lil teeth out
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 7,455
altoona
Originally Posted by Semo
glad I still have 16 inch rims. save $ on tires and performance reasons. can get load E tires for cheaper than you guys buying car tires on 18 and 20 inch rims. plus I don't have to cry about my rims when my wife hits a curb.

I was getting wife's tires balanced Monday n 2 were warped...dont understand how that happens on a 3 yr old vehicle

Re: Tire Vote [Re: doekiller] #2933467
10/23/19 07:09 AM
10/23/19 07:09 AM
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,604
Helena, AL
A
AU338MAG Offline
14 point
AU338MAG  Offline
14 point
A
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,604
Helena, AL
Originally Posted by doekiller
The difference is tire price when you jump up to 20 inch rims is crazy.

Yes.


Dying ain't much of a living boy...Josey Wales
Re: Tire Vote [Re: quailmanman] #2933473
10/23/19 07:17 AM
10/23/19 07:17 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 32,282
City, State, Country
doekiller Offline
Freak of Nature
doekiller  Offline
Freak of Nature
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 32,282
City, State, Country
I changed the rims on my truck from 20s to 18s and in two tire changes, I will end up paying less money even factoring in the cost of the rims.


"I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed." Booker T. Washington
Re: Tire Vote [Re: GomerPyle] #2933477
10/23/19 07:22 AM
10/23/19 07:22 AM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,192
mobile
C
charlie Offline
12 point
charlie  Offline
12 point
C
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,192
mobile
Originally Posted by GomerPyle

Also, that walmart price is not their "out the door" price....it doesn't include mounting/balancing or disposing of the old tires or tax.


Does any tire ad include all that? I am sure we all know you pay tax and they charged me 15.26 per tire total to mount, balance, and haul off the old tire. My whole point after your first post was to clear up that nitto tires in general don't cost any more than most other truck tires. I don't doubt you were quoted the prices you posted I just wanted to correct the broad statement you made because I bought 2 tires of that brand in the last few weeks. Hell, I don't even recommend nittos or walmart, I just went back with what I had because I only needed 1 tire at the time and walmart is 10 minutes away.

Re: Tire Vote [Re: charlie] #2933536
10/23/19 08:21 AM
10/23/19 08:21 AM
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 13,917
Northport, AL
GomerPyle Offline
Impatient Stinky Britches Wearin’ Off-Roadin’ Guru
GomerPyle  Offline
Impatient Stinky Britches Wearin’ Off-Roadin’ Guru
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 13,917
Northport, AL
Originally Posted by charlie
Originally Posted by GomerPyle

Also, that walmart price is not their "out the door" price....it doesn't include mounting/balancing or disposing of the old tires or tax.


Does any tire ad include all that? I am sure we all know you pay tax and they charged me 15.26 per tire total to mount, balance, and haul off the old tire. My whole point after your first post was to clear up that nitto tires in general don't cost any more than most other truck tires. I don't doubt you were quoted the prices you posted I just wanted to correct the broad statement you made because I bought 2 tires of that brand in the last few weeks. Hell, I don't even recommend nittos or walmart, I just went back with what I had because I only needed 1 tire at the time and walmart is 10 minutes away.


Yes, but your point is wrong. The Falkens that I used as an example were $893 out the door, so that included mounting/balancing/disposal and tax. The Toyo's and Nitto's were going to be $1400/$1500, out the door. In other words, comparing apples to apples, the Toyo's/Nitto's in the same size were going to be at least 55% more. Also, you were comparing tires for a 17" rim to tires for a 20" rim, which as pointed out above, makes a huge difference.
So, to say "Nitto tires in general don't cost any more than most other truck tires" is just incorrect.

Last edited by GomerPyle; 10/23/19 08:23 AM.

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to; I hunt them because I have to. I would, really, rather not but I'm helpless in the grip of my compulsion."
Re: Tire Vote [Re: GomerPyle] #2933589
10/23/19 09:09 AM
10/23/19 09:09 AM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,192
mobile
C
charlie Offline
12 point
charlie  Offline
12 point
C
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,192
mobile
Originally Posted by GomerPyle
Originally Posted by PoohBear
Mavis manager recommends Nitto's for my next set when ready


of course shop owners/managers recommend Nitto's........they're like $1500+ for a set of average size 1/2 ton truck tires...


Here's your original post. It says nothing about 20 inch rims or out the door prices. I drive an average 1/2 ton pickup. Mine were 220 and change out the door. 880 is a long way from 1500 plus. You were incorrect. Carry on.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2020 Aldeer LLP.
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.1.1
(Release build 20180111)
Page Time: 0.059s Queries: 15 (0.021s) Memory: 3.2894 MB (Peak: 3.5713 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2020-05-30 05:23:26 UTC