</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
FS: sightmark wolverine
by FreeStateHunter. 05/17/24 08:47 AM
Bushnell Elite 4200.4-16x50
by burbank. 05/16/24 08:53 PM
Project Vehicle
by lefthorn. 05/16/24 04:57 PM
WTT/WTS Tikka TX3 Lite 243
by Duck Engr. 05/16/24 04:17 PM
ROCK ISLAND ULTRA FS 10MM 1911
by trailertrash. 05/16/24 01:42 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Research Update
by Steve Ditchkoff. 05/17/24 01:46 PM
Tennessee
by jawbone. 05/15/24 12:24 PM
Taxidermist called
by Big Game Hunter. 05/15/24 12:13 AM
Meat hunt outfitter?
by TDog93. 05/13/24 09:11 PM
Who's got the best deer hunting in AL
by TDog93. 05/12/24 07:06 PM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Franklin county Al
by BigBuck10. 05/11/24 09:29 AM
Eastern Coosa County Hog
by Morris. 05/09/24 10:53 AM
Lowndes county club
by Doeslayer44. 05/07/24 10:11 AM
Looking for Turkey Hunting Land
by Nightwatchman. 05/06/24 01:46 PM
Need dozer work. Cullman area
by Trecker1. 05/02/24 02:33 PM
Who's Online Now
129 registered members (XVIII, longshot, need2hunt, Beer Belly, jaydub12, coldtrail, bamabug, Shotts, Strictlybow, AU338MAG, centralala, Safetyman, jawbone, Blessed, fur_n_feathers, top cat, G/H, Atoler, Showout, Ryano, Ridge Life, GKM, Dixiepatriot, Paint Rock 00, Floorman1, ducky25, Andalusia, rickyh_2, MPbow_man, LIOJeff, geeb1, weatherby, rwh1, Buckshot77, therealhojo, MarksOutdoors, 000buck, mcninja, Ant67, foghorn, Uokman2014, Tree Dweller, WPZJR, UARandy3, BearBranch, TCG5, deadeye48, Gary Harris, Engine5, JCL, GoldenEagle, BraeBuckner, IMISSALDEER, Kicker, Backwards cowboy, beRAD, bug54, Mike59, JDW25, oakachoy, Bustinbeards, Paxamus, Whild_Bill, Beak_Buster, Marengo hunter, Skillet, outdoorguy88, M48scout, HIPCEO, abamadude, 10 POINT, Parkerwagner, Holcomb, Narrow Gap, MountainTopHunter, Ron Brown, zgobbler5, 44MAG, Woody1, zwick, klay, Rainbowstew, JAM, coosabuckhunter, Chaser357, GomerPyle, dtmwtp, BD, BPI, bamaeyedoc, skoor, scrubbuck, BCLC, hoggin, JLMiller, sbo1971, HHSyelper, Big AL 76, AU7MM08, jwalker77, canichols424, NotsoBright, CouchNapper, MAG, ImThere, Stickers, Luxfisher, hhsdc78, Justice, Heath, aubigmac, Turkey_neck, cartervj, FreeStateHunter, rutwad, donia, 13 invisible), 1,188 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Opioid Epidemic [Re: GKelly] #2857600
07/21/19 10:30 PM
07/21/19 10:30 PM
Land of the free because of th...
mike35549 Offline
12 point
mike35549  Offline
12 point
Land of the free because of th...
Originally Posted by GKelly
Originally Posted by mike35549
The drug makers, doctors, and pharmacist that are responsible for the opioid epedemic that has helped destroy a large percentage of an entire generation should be in prison. They are no different than the drug cartels and drug dealers that are selling heroin and meth

The drug addict that is dumb enough to put that crap in their body is just a completely innocent victim right? personally id prefer that they get a prescription from a doctor filled at a pharmacy than buying it off the street and lining the pockets of the cartels. Opioid epidemic is a made up crisis I guarantee you more people are overdosing on illegal fentanyl or heroin than legitamate prescriptions.

That is probably true but those people overdosing on heroin and fentanyl got adicted to opioids with pills that were pushed by big pharma, script written by Dr and filled at the pharmacy.

If you're gonna be stupid you better be tough.
Re: Opioid Epidemic [Re: GKelly] #2857601
07/21/19 10:31 PM
07/21/19 10:31 PM
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
jawbone Online content
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Online Content
Freak of Nature
The drug makers, doctors, and pharmacist that are responsible for the opioid epedemic that has helped destroy a large percentage of an entire generation should be in prison. They are no different than the drug cartels and drug dealers that are selling heroin and meth

The drug addict that is dumb enough to put that crap in their body is just a completely innocent victim right? personally id prefer that they get a prescription from a doctor filled at a pharmacy than buying it off the street and lining the pockets of the cartels. Opioid epidemic is a made up crisis I guarantee you more people are overdosing on illegal fentanyl or heroin than legitamate prescriptions.

What do you think creates the people that are hooked on heroin? When an opioid addict can no longer get the high legally, they turn to illegal drugs, i.e. heroin. The Chinese and Mexican suppliers slip Fentanyl in our heroin to increase the addiction, but pain pills are the gateway drug to the illegal stuff.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.
Re: Opioid Epidemic [Re: R_H_Clark] #2857607
07/21/19 10:37 PM
07/21/19 10:37 PM
Calhoun County
jrs89 Offline
10 point
jrs89  Offline
10 point
Calhoun County
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I was on 4 Norco 10's a day for years. Took 4 shots in my knees and back every 3 months too. I was also on 3 blood pressure meds.

A year ago this August,I quit the pain pills, and sugar,and all grains,and potatoes. I thought I would die for a long time. I threw up 3 times a day for the first month and it started getting better after that. there were times I didn't think I could walk from the house to the truck,I felt so bad but I kept pushing and puking till I started feeling better.

In a year I am now 145 lbs lighter. I eat what's called a nutritarian diet. I eat the healthiest freshest foods I can always. I fast 16-20 hours of every day and I exercise by ridding a bike or doing calisthenics several times a week. I just got back from a 10 mile night ride on dirt roads and across grassy hills.

I do not take any medication at all now and my blood pressure is better than when I was 20. I feel better than when I was 20. The body is designed to heal itself if you give it the proper nutrition and exercise. I was told I had to have knee replacements and could barely walk before. I can run now and have more stamina than I ever have in my life. The bike had completely healed my back and I only get a little sore in my knees after a longer ride,but overall they are 99% better.

The industry isn't geared to heal,just to satisfy the lazy American public that don't care that they are killing themselves with every burger ,bite of fries or drink of Coke.

145lbs overweight was your problem. Glad you’re feeling better!

Re: Opioid Epidemic [Re: jrs89] #2857611
07/21/19 10:44 PM
07/21/19 10:44 PM
NW Alabama
R
R_H_Clark Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R_H_Clark  Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R
NW Alabama
Originally Posted by jrs89
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I was on 4 Norco 10's a day for years. Took 4 shots in my knees and back every 3 months too. I was also on 3 blood pressure meds.

A year ago this August,I quit the pain pills, and sugar,and all grains,and potatoes. I thought I would die for a long time. I threw up 3 times a day for the first month and it started getting better after that. there were times I didn't think I could walk from the house to the truck,I felt so bad but I kept pushing and puking till I started feeling better.

In a year I am now 145 lbs lighter. I eat what's called a nutritarian diet. I eat the healthiest freshest foods I can always. I fast 16-20 hours of every day and I exercise by ridding a bike or doing calisthenics several times a week. I just got back from a 10 mile night ride on dirt roads and across grassy hills.

I do not take any medication at all now and my blood pressure is better than when I was 20. I feel better than when I was 20. The body is designed to heal itself if you give it the proper nutrition and exercise. I was told I had to have knee replacements and could barely walk before. I can run now and have more stamina than I ever have in my life. The bike had completely healed my back and I only get a little sore in my knees after a longer ride,but overall they are 99% better.

The industry isn't geared to heal,just to satisfy the lazy American public that don't care that they are killing themselves with every burger ,bite of fries or drink of Coke.

145lbs overweight was your problem. Glad you’re feeling better!

I thought so ,but overweight was just another symptom. I could have lost the weight in a different way and not be healed and healthy now. In fact it was knee pain and back pain that started the decline into weight gain years ago.

Re: Opioid Epidemic [Re: jawbone] #2857617
07/21/19 10:54 PM
07/21/19 10:54 PM
Elmore county
GKelly Offline
10 point
GKelly  Offline
10 point
Elmore county
Originally Posted by jawbone

What do you think creates the people that are hooked on heroin? When an opioid addict can no longer get the high legally, they turn to illegal drugs, i.e. heroin. The Chinese and Mexican suppliers slip Fentanyl in our heroin to increase the addiction, but pain pills are the gateway drug to the illegal stuff.

what we have is an idiot problem anyone that is dumb enough to stick a needle in their veins for the sake of getting high is wasting perfectly good air the rest of us could breath. i know ill catch all the "addiction is a disease" crap but you can save it for someone else. addiction is a choice, cancer is a disease. there are hospitals full of kids dying of leukemia so don't deprive them the sympathy that they deserve by lumping in a bunch of junkies in that category why should I have sympathy for someone that chooses to inject a poison into their otherwise healthy body that one of those sick kids can only pray to have? I'll save my sympathy for someone that deserves it. but to get back on subject who cares either way if they dont get it from a doctor theyll get it from a drug dealer and thats whats killing people because they have no idea the potency from one fix to the next on the street.

Re: Opioid Epidemic [Re: jawbone] #2857620
07/21/19 11:01 PM
07/21/19 11:01 PM
Elmore county
GKelly Offline
10 point
GKelly  Offline
10 point
Elmore county

What do you think creates the people that are hooked on heroin?

Someone stupid enough to inject a needle in their arm would be my best guess. I have several family members that take prescription opiates for chronic pain and have for years I dont ever see any of them scoring bags of black tar heroin if their prescription runs out early

Re: Opioid Epidemic [Re: GKelly] #2857647
07/22/19 12:34 AM
07/22/19 12:34 AM
jawbone Online content
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Online Content
Freak of Nature

What do you think creates the people that are hooked on heroin?

Someone stupid enough to inject a needle in their arm would be my best guess. I have several family members that take prescription opiates for chronic pain and have for years I dont ever see any of them scoring bags of black tar heroin if their prescription runs out early

Did I say otherwise? Or did I say we should be sympathetic to the junkies? I simply said that the Opioid epidemic causes addiction to pain pills and when those pills are no longer available many people look for illegal ways to get high. Heroin is the most readily available.

Re: Opioid Epidemic [Re: bamafan1966] #2857672
07/22/19 06:14 AM
07/22/19 06:14 AM
Centreville
weatherby Online happy
10 point
weatherby  Online Happy
10 point
Centreville
In 2001, the Joint Commission rolled out its Pain Management Standards, which helped grow the idea of pain as a "fifth vital sign." ... "Pain is a symptom, not a vital sign," the letter states, noting that vital signs such as blood pressure, heart rate, respiratory rate, and temperature can be measured objectively.

This is when it started. This set the pace for where we are today. When pain started being jumped on as the "5th" vital sign, that is what started sending people over the edge. I think that Hydrocodone vs Codeine has something to do with it as well. As a kid growing up in the 80's, I remember breaking a few bones here and there and you always got Tylenol 3 or Tylenol 4. Codeine pain killers are not the go to, that they used to be. Hydrocodone is a synthetic substance made to mimic Codeine, a natural substance. I think that plays a larger role than people think.

Several other factors play into this. Certain people have addictive behavior that sends them over the edge. The "euphoria" that addicts receive, is essentially the same release of endorphins that a gambling addict gets at the craps table, or a serial killer gets with his next victim. All the same stuff going on in the brain, just different modes of releasing that.

Last edited by weatherby; 07/22/19 06:16 AM.

If Caitlyn Jenner can keep his wiener and be considered a woman, I can keep my guns and be considered disarmed!
Re: Opioid Epidemic [Re: bamafan1966] #2857721
07/22/19 07:45 AM
07/22/19 07:45 AM
Banks of Little River
JohnnyLoco Offline
10 point
JohnnyLoco  Offline
10 point
Banks of Little River
An attitude of addiction is the main culprit and weed is a gateway drug.

Re: Opioid Epidemic [Re: jawbone] #2857774
07/22/19 08:53 AM
07/22/19 08:53 AM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
I simply said that the Opioid epidemic causes addiction to pain pills and when those pills are no longer available many people look for illegal ways to get high. Heroin is the most readily available.

thats what they say but i dont know how much of that i believe. Probably 99% of the people on this board or people you know in real life have been prescribed pain pills at some point in there life, I would imagine the ones that moved on to a heroin needle is very small like 1% if even that many. I think the herion junkies were just addicts and sought out dr's to fulfill there needs. Really all they're doing is pushing herion because there's more money in it for them(Goverment)

For without victory, there is no survival
Re: Opioid Epidemic [Re: weatherby] #2857823
07/22/19 10:34 AM
07/22/19 10:34 AM
USA
R
Remington270 Offline
Freak of Nature
Remington270  Offline
Freak of Nature
R
USA
Originally Posted by weatherby
In 2001, the Joint Commission rolled out its Pain Management Standards, which helped grow the idea of pain as a "fifth vital sign." ... "Pain is a symptom, not a vital sign," the letter states, noting that vital signs such as blood pressure, heart rate, respiratory rate, and temperature can be measured objectively.

This is when it started. This set the pace for where we are today. When pain started being jumped on as the "5th" vital sign, that is what started sending people over the edge.

This guy gets it. Just to summarize, big government, and big bureaucracy once again screws up a large sector of America.

Re: Opioid Epidemic [Re: goodman_hunter] #2857834
07/22/19 10:46 AM
07/22/19 10:46 AM
jawbone Online content
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Online Content
Freak of Nature
Originally Posted by goodman_hunter
I simply said that the Opioid epidemic causes addiction to pain pills and when those pills are no longer available many people look for illegal ways to get high. Heroin is the most readily available.

thats what they say but i dont know how much of that i believe. Probably 99% of the people on this board or people you know in real life have been prescribed pain pills at some point in there life, I would imagine the ones that moved on to a heroin needle is very small like 1% if even that many. I think the herion junkies were just addicts and sought out dr's to fulfill there needs. Really all they're doing is pushing herion because there's more money in it for them(Goverment)

The DEA, AMA and other involved agencies disagree with your numbers. No where did I say that all people on pain pills will become heroin addicts, but it doesn't take many of the vast number of people that get addicted to pain pills to move on to make heroin a major problem. Remember, after its Heydays in the 60's it had largely been replaced by Cocaine as the drug of choice until Pain meds became all the rage in the last decade or so. Now Cocaine has been replaced by heroin and meth. Unless you work in the field, you have no concept how many addicts we have running around today. Many are fully functional and only look "off" when they are not high.

Re: Opioid Epidemic [Re: bamafan1966] #2857850
07/22/19 10:58 AM
07/22/19 10:58 AM
Meridianville
DryFire Offline
14 point
DryFire  Offline
14 point
Meridianville
That article stops in 2012. In the 7 sevens years since, the Fed's have cracked down on the Pharma companies that distribute opiods and the doctors that prescribe them. I injured my back two years ago. My MD gave me a prescription for 7 hydrocodon and said if I needed anymore to make an appointment with the pain management practice. My wife has had 6 neck surgeries and it took surgery #4 before she went no longer than a week on a prescribed opiod. Her neck broke after #4 which resulted in emergency surgery #5 and #6. The nerves couldn't handle all that trauma surgery in three weeks time. Yes, she is now on full time pain meds. You should see the hoops she has to go through to get a 28 day supply of pain killers from the pain management clinic.

Re: Opioid Epidemic [Re: bamafan1966] #2857857
07/22/19 11:05 AM
07/22/19 11:05 AM
Marshall County
FurFlyin Offline
Freak of Nature
FurFlyin  Offline
Freak of Nature
Marshall County
I guess that I’m fortunate that opioid pain killers have basically no pain relieving effect for me. I’ve had them prescribed many times and have thrown every bottle of them in the garbage after they’ve been expired for a few years. Advil works wonders on me. I have a very addictive personality so I’m glad they don’t work for me.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Re: Opioid Epidemic [Re: DryFire] #2857872
07/22/19 11:14 AM
07/22/19 11:14 AM
Cordova, AL
B
bamafan1966 Offline OP
6 point
bamafan1966  Offline OP
6 point
B
Cordova, AL
Originally Posted by TexasNative
That article stops in 2012. In the 7 sevens years since, the Fed's have cracked down on the Pharma companies that distribute opiods and the doctors that prescribe them. I injured my back two years ago. My MD gave me a prescription for 7 hydrocodon and said if I needed anymore to make an appointment with the pain management practice. My wife has had 6 neck surgeries and it took surgery #4 before she went no longer than a week on a prescribed opiod. Her neck broke after #4 which resulted in emergency surgery #5 and #6. The nerves couldn't handle all that trauma surgery in three weeks time. Yes, she is now on full time pain meds. You should see the hoops she has to go through to get a 28 day supply of pain killers from the pain management clinic.

This is an excellent point....it also points toward the folks that became addicted to prescription meds going to the black market or other drugs (meth/heroin/etc) to get the fix. I cant comprehend what causes a person to throw their entire life away by using drugs but I have seen some successful and intelligent people do that very thing. Just because I don't understand their thought process doesn't mean their struggle isn't real and I know they made the choice and should have to live with the consequences.

Re: Opioid Epidemic [Re: bamafan1966] #2857885
07/22/19 11:24 AM
07/22/19 11:24 AM
B'ham
Goatkiller Offline
14 point
Goatkiller  Offline
14 point
B'ham
Some of y'all are living in an alternate universe. Take my doctor. He says my blood pressurs is too high. I say.... Why do you say that it's been the same for my whole life and now I've got a problem?

He says they lowered the acceptable standard to _____ I might have to get on some blood pressure meds.

Ok, Why did they lower it?

I'm sure the excuse is 100% scientific but reality tells me the Drug companies want to sell more blood pressure medication.

That's how America works in 2019. The fact that we have an drug epidemic is no surprise to me.

Last edited by Goatkiller; 07/22/19 11:24 AM.

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.
Re: Opioid Epidemic [Re: Goatkiller] #2857936
07/22/19 12:04 PM
07/22/19 12:04 PM
Clanton, AL
Out back Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Out back  Offline
Grumpy Old Man
Clanton, AL
Originally Posted by Goatkiller
Some of y'all are living in an alternate universe. Take my doctor. He says my blood pressurs is too high. I say.... Why do you say that it's been the same for my whole life and now I've got a problem?

He says they lowered the acceptable standard to _____ I might have to get on some blood pressure meds.

Ok, Why did they lower it?

I'm sure the excuse is 100% scientific but reality tells me the Drug companies want to sell more blood pressure medication.

That's how America works in 2019. The fact that we have an drug epidemic is no surprise to me.

You are exactly right. Normal blood pressure is now considered high, for one reason.... Money

My opinions and comments are my own. They do not reflect the position or political opinions of Aldeer or any of the Aldeer administration.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.