</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Dual Fuel Generator
by Gulfcoast. 05/04/24 01:36 PM
Ducks Unlimited - Great Hunting Dogs Print
by Rem870s2. 05/04/24 11:10 AM
Remington 870 20 gauge
by AustinC. 05/03/24 07:46 PM
Refridgerators
by Uokman2014. 05/03/24 06:53 PM
PTO Tiller Trade?
by Uokman2014. 05/03/24 05:37 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Who's got the best deer hunting in AL
by TDog93. 05/04/24 12:40 PM
Velvet
by Turkey_neck. 05/04/24 09:13 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 05/03/24 05:57 AM
Forever wild gun regs.
by Frankie. 05/01/24 03:42 PM
Kansas draw
by booner. 05/01/24 02:56 PM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Need dozer work. Cullman area
by Trecker1. 05/02/24 02:33 PM
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Who's Online Now
82 registered members (dirkdaddy, JohnG, Paint Rock 00, Livintohunt19, chill, GUT_SHOT, BrandonClark, CNC, biglmbass, BhamFred, WC82, Pwyse, outdoorguy88, mopar, Detroitdan, TexasHuntress, 3bailey3, jake44, Tree Dweller, weatherby, CatfishJunkie, BCLC, coosabuckhunter, chevydude2015, RSF, desertdog, sportrep, Rem870s2, Exhoosier, Moose24, rickyh_2, joeml18, Gulfcoast, fourfive45, SC53, turkey247, UncleHuck, square, treemydog, Reaper, bamaeyedoc, scrubbuck, jhardy, Dixiepatriot, jwalker77, Jtide, MikeP, Prohunter3509, CCC, BC_Reb, Chiller, Sixpointholler, WhoMe, murf205, JDR4Bama, oldforester, Hammertime7v2, 3blades, dave260rem!, GHTiger10, BPI, C3SEAST, HollerHunter, Bustinbeards, Skillet, TurkeyJoe, quailman, PikeRoadHunter, Bruno, need2hunt, NotsoBright, bholmes, Duck, top cat, 8 invisible), 956 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: FH308] #2740534
02/17/19 06:20 PM
02/17/19 06:20 PM
God's Country
S
Swampdrummin Offline
4 point
Swampdrummin  Offline
4 point
S
God's Country

Originally Posted by FH308
Looks like a fellow from LSU has discovered the cure to CWD. Turns out it’s a bacterial infection and the prions are a side effect not the cause of the desease. Now we can find something else to argue about I guess.

https://www.facebook.com/261852623934229/posts/2010704925715648/

I’m just passing this along. Sure seems legit and promising but I guess these days who knows.

The State of Pennsylvania issued a response to that video. Here it is:

STATE AGENCIES ISSUE STATEMENT ON CWD

HARRISBURG, PA - Following today's press conference on Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD), the Pennsylvania Game Commission and Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture would like to make clear that decades of research have provided abundant evidence that prions, or misfolded proteins, are the infectious agent of CWD, and this hypothesis is accepted by state agriculture and wildlife agencies across the U.S.

While alternative theories exist, they have not been thoroughly researched.

Meanwhile, CWD remains a serious threat to Pennsylvania’s deer and deer hunting.

In some areas of the state where CWD exists, the always-fatal, incurable brain disease affecting deer and elk has been detected with increasing regularity.

“By intensively monitoring for CWD statewide and acting to limit the disease’s spread where it exists, the Game Commission remains committed to fighting CWD and protecting the hunting opportunity our largely healthy and abundant deer herd provide,” said Game Commission Bureau of Wildlife Management Director Matthew Schnupp. “Through ongoing research, our options for best managing CWD might someday expand, and we will always incorporate the best available science in our disease response.”

For more information on CWD, visit the Game Commission’s website, www.pgc.pa.gov.

Quack quack.
Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: Chad T] #2740557
02/17/19 06:50 PM
02/17/19 06:50 PM
central ala,
C
centralala Offline
14 point
centralala  Offline
14 point
C
central ala,
"Always fatal". Wow. That was on the list you considered misconceptions.

Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: Chad T] #2740564
02/17/19 07:03 PM
02/17/19 07:03 PM
God's Country
S
Swampdrummin Offline
4 point
Swampdrummin  Offline
4 point
S
God's Country
Well looking for peer review or some sort of corroborating evidence I couldn’t find any BUT I found out something better.

Turns out that Mr. Frank O. Bastian and his wife Carol sued their neighbors because Carol tripped on a piece of concrete while walking her dog across the neighbors driveway at night. The wife said she avoided using the area in the past due to altercations with the neighbor and the fact that she knew the driveway was “difficult to cross.”

Ok, ok.....just saying, THIS GUY is supposed to be the savior of deer hunting?

Last edited by Swampdrummin; 02/17/19 07:07 PM.

Quack quack.
Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: centralala] #2740590
02/17/19 07:41 PM
02/17/19 07:41 PM
God's Country
S
Swampdrummin Offline
4 point
Swampdrummin  Offline
4 point
S
God's Country
Originally Posted by centralala

You created a list of items. That's a fact. I agree that it's always fatal.

Quack quack.
Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: Swampdrummin] #2740593
02/17/19 07:45 PM
02/17/19 07:45 PM
central ala,
C
centralala Offline
14 point
centralala  Offline
14 point
C
central ala,
Originally Posted by Swampdrummin

You said they were spreading misconceptions. But you want name one misconception. They were FACTS. So,as I said, you are a liar or you don't know what you are talking about. Only you know that answer.

Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: centralala] #2740624
02/17/19 08:33 PM
02/17/19 08:33 PM
God's Country
S
Swampdrummin Offline
4 point
Swampdrummin  Offline
4 point
S
God's Country
[quote=centralala]"Always fatal". Wow. That was on the list you considered misconceptions.

Ok Centrala, since you kept pushing it here and the other thread, I'll weigh in. I think I initially attributed more reasoning and logic to your posts than I think were the case. What came across as sort of a deliberate attempt at misconception was a product of poor reading comprehensive issues and a big mouth. You know the type, a demand others prove you wrong sort of mentality. In that sense it really wasn't fair of me to imply intent or some sort of greater agenda to your posts. Playing a game of connect the dots with you would go on forever, so lets just end it here. I've called you stupid and you've called me a liar.

Quack quack.
Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: Swampdrummin] #2740627
02/17/19 08:36 PM
02/17/19 08:36 PM
central ala,
C
centralala Offline
14 point
centralala  Offline
14 point
C
central ala,
[quote=centralala]"Always fatal". Wow. That was on the list you considered misconceptions.

Ok Centrala, since you kept pushing it here and the other thread, I'll weigh in. I think I initially attributed more reasoning and logic to your posts than I think were the case. What came across as sort of a deliberate attempt at misconception was a product of poor reading comprehensive issues and a big mouth. You know the type, a demand others prove you wrong sort of mentality. In that sense it really wasn't fair of me to imply intent or some sort of greater agenda to your posts. Playing a game of connect the dots with you would go on forever, so lets just end it here. I've called you stupid and you've called me a liar.

That's fair enough and should never have gotten to this point. I'm good with it because I knew I wasn't deliberately spreading bad information.

Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: Swampdrummin] #2740643
02/17/19 08:52 PM
02/17/19 08:52 PM
hamilton al marion
H
hvfs1118 Offline
spike
hvfs1118  Offline
spike
H
hamilton al marion
I don’t think anyone is arguing that a man doesn’t have the right to shoot deer in a pen, hvfs118. However, if you look at all the various definition of “hunting” in the major dictionaries, shooting a deer in a high fence operation fits more closely to farming than hunting. I would argue that it’s not a hunt by accepted definitions. A high fence shooter where deer have been raised and stocked presents the shooter with the opportunity to harvest the crop. It’s something different than hunting and the sporting nature of hunting, more of a simulated hunt than a true sporting endeavor. Albeit you can argue that modern advances have taken some of the sport out of hunting. Nevertheless, there’s an important difference between the two.

The definition of fishing is inclusive for stocked ponds and wild ponds alike. I guess at the end of the day fish kinda make the final decision in the matter unlike your standard high fence operation. That’s an important distinction as well. Still I would ageree that dropping a 10 lb bass in a pond and catching it out is not the same, though I am unaware of this happening anywhere.

You seem to be taking issue with the free speech rights of a couple of posters above to call out high fence operations. Thats’s where you get the mud on their face. You have a right to shoot deer in a pen. They have a right to call it pathetic and distinguish as different from their manner of hunting. . What does it really matter if you are ok with it. If, on the other hand, you want to be broadly accepted by the hunting circles then go kill that 150 inch buck on public land instead of the pen.

I dont see why you say that i take the issue of free speech to far Fishing in a pond or lake is the same You may not look at it the same the fish can not bit the deer can stay bedded down and not move People love to put someone down because of their skills Remember there is someone more skilled than you when you throw the first rock or MUD

Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: centralala] #2740652
02/17/19 09:05 PM
02/17/19 09:05 PM
God's Country
S
Swampdrummin Offline
4 point
Swampdrummin  Offline
4 point
S
God's Country
If I could go back
[quote=Swampdrummin][quote=centralala][quote=Swampdrummin][quote=centralala]

That's fair enough and should never have gotten to this point. I'm good with it because I knew I wasn't deliberately spreading bad information.

Well, I'm an asshole. I shouldn't have made that post to begin with or gone all conspiracy theory on you like that.

Quack quack.
Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: Swampdrummin] #2740667
02/17/19 09:16 PM
02/17/19 09:16 PM
God's Country
S
Swampdrummin Offline
4 point
Swampdrummin  Offline
4 point
S
God's Country
Originally Posted by hvfs1118
I don’t think anyone is arguing that a man doesn’t have the right to shoot deer in a pen, hvfs118. However, if you look at all the various definition of “hunting” in the major dictionaries, shooting a deer in a high fence operation fits more closely to farming than hunting. I would argue that it’s not a hunt by accepted definitions. A high fence shooter where deer have been raised and stocked presents the shooter with the opportunity to harvest the crop. It’s something different than hunting and the sporting nature of hunting, more of a simulated hunt than a true sporting endeavor. Albeit you can argue that modern advances have taken some of the sport out of hunting. Nevertheless, there’s an important difference between the two.

The definition of fishing is inclusive for stocked ponds and wild ponds alike. I guess at the end of the day fish kinda make the final decision in the matter unlike your standard high fence operation. That’s an important distinction as well. Still I would ageree that dropping a 10 lb bass in a pond and catching it out is not the same, though I am unaware of this happening anywhere.

You seem to be taking issue with the free speech rights of a couple of posters above to call out high fence operations. Thats’s where you get the mud on their face. You have a right to shoot deer in a pen. They have a right to call it pathetic and distinguish as different from their manner of hunting. . What does it really matter if you are ok with it. If, on the other hand, you want to be broadly accepted by the hunting circles then go kill that 150 inch buck on public land instead of the pen.

I dont see why you say that i take the issue of free speech to far Fishing in a pond or lake is the same You may not look at it the same the fish can not bit the deer can stay bedded down and not move People love to put someone down because of their skills Remember there is someone more skilled than you when you throw the first rock or MUD

I am just too bored and too smart for my own britches. Trust me when turkey season starts or the striped bass start biting, whichever comes first, I'll stop getting all riled up like this. If shooting a buck in a pen and catching fish out of a lake are the same to you then more power to you. They are not the same to me.

Quack quack.
Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: Swampdrummin] #2743004
02/20/19 08:32 AM
02/20/19 08:32 AM
hamilton al marion
H
hvfs1118 Offline
spike
hvfs1118  Offline
spike
H
hamilton al marion

I am just too bored and too smart for my own britches. Trust me when turkey season starts or the striped bass start biting, whichever comes first, I'll stop getting all riled up like this. If shooting a buck in a pen and catching fish out of a lake are the same to you then more power to you. They are not the same to me.

Well if you take the animal out of the picture and say you put a creature in a environment where it cant escape and let a sportsman come and harvest or catch that creature then take it home and eat it or have it mounted. It can be a trophy for either hunter or fisherman You dig a hole put water in it and stock it you put up a enclose and you stock it Now I think it would take a dumb@$$ to say there is a difference BUT YOU HAVE YOUR THOUGHTS AND I HAVE MINE you tell me why its not the same

Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: Chad T] #2743123
02/20/19 10:58 AM
02/20/19 10:58 AM
upatree
rulebreaker Offline
My head is in my ass.
rulebreaker  Offline
My head is in my ass.
upatree
Geez, moderator needed on isle 8 please.

Last edited by rulebreaker; 02/20/19 10:58 AM.

Don't go looking for TROUBLE, it'll find you soon enough!

There are old, wise men and then there are just old fools. The sooner you learn this, the wiser you will be.
Re: CWD Found in Alabama / Tennessee line [Re: rulebreaker] #2743129
02/20/19 11:05 AM
02/20/19 11:05 AM
Missouri
swamp_fever2002 Offline
Administrator
swamp_fever2002  Offline
Administrator
Missouri
Originally Posted by rulebreaker
Geez, moderator needed on isle 8 please.

[Linked Image]

It takes a long time to grow an old friend.
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.