</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
For trade: cases of 12ga target for 20 ga
by Garndawg. 04/26/24 05:07 PM
WTB Ollie Baker Mainspring Winder (with clamps)
by BamaGuitarDude. 04/26/24 04:24 PM
Remington 700 mountain rifle
by Reyn. 04/26/24 04:24 PM
Browning X-bolt 300 win mag
by mauvilla. 04/26/24 02:36 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Kansas draw
by Big Game Hunter. 04/26/24 01:39 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by Squeaky. 04/26/24 12:07 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
Who's Online Now
112 registered members (RareBreed, Floorman1, BCD, IDOT, Bustinbeards, JohnG, UARandy3, furnfeather, oakachoy, trailertrash, rhino21, JustHunt, coosabuckhunter, coachg34, thayerp81, BrandonClark, Sixpointholler, Thread Killer, kaferhaus, Spec, Roondog, Mbrock, eclipse829, desertdog, Turberville, GomerPyle, RSF, lectrode, BamaGuitarDude, Ray_Coon, goodman_hunter, GHTiger10, MS_Hunter, BentBarrel, crenshawco, Beak_Buster, dawgdr, PapaD, AU338MAG, BayedUp, Whild_Bill, AustinC, jaredhunts, hippi, Canterberry, Big AL 76, 300gr, Jtide, Etyson, mjs14, globe, Geeb, jchurch, Turkeyneck78, SC53, !shiloh!, deerman24, CNC, dtmwtp, Skullworks, wareagul, Holcomb, brett.smith, HappyHunter, NotsoBright, canine933, CarbonClimber1, auman, Troutgreen, jwalker77, jhardy, m97, PaytonWP, laidback, phinfan, Zzzfog, Catbird, Birdman83, AU7MM08, twaldrop4, BCLC, dirtwrk, Safetyman, RCHRR, Remington270, slanddeerhunter, Turkey, need2hunt, Ron A., OutdoorsAL, bamaeyedoc, fingers, RockFarmer, Turkeyhunter12, FreeStateHunter, Whitetaillane, Lonster, 15 invisible), 1,230 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Crazy things you've seen bass fishing. [Re: perchjerker] #2555900
08/19/18 03:19 PM
08/19/18 03:19 PM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there
Fred's story about Bayou Le WowWow reminded me of a trip at Reelfoot about 15-20 years ago. Was with Billy Blakely out of Bluebank and we were running from the lower end through some canals to another pocket.

Popped out of a cut, rounded the corner and there was an aluminum boat with Ol' Jimmy bowed up on a lass lying on the front deck. She had her legs around him, they looked at us, we waved and he barely slowed down.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: Crazy things you've seen bass fishing. [Re: JBL] #2555925
08/19/18 03:58 PM
08/19/18 03:58 PM
Jackson County
B
BrentM Offline
Mr. Turkey
BrentM  Offline
Mr. Turkey
B
Jackson County
Originally Posted by JBL
This is one of my favorite fishing memories and probably the craziest thing I've seen while fishing. On my 15th bday my dad took me fishing in the TN river. We put in at Goosepond. Fished a while and decided to hit some spots close to guntersville. About the time we were coming around the bend at Langston, before you get waterfront, we saw a massive feeding frenzy. We pulled over and trolled up to them. Tied on some chrome rattletraps and absolutely slayed the white bass and hybrids for the next hour. We caught some good largemouth and even a couple really big crappie. Never seen anything like it since. This was the biggest frenzy I've ever seen and they didnt last long. I've seen small ones but this was on a different scale and it lasted a while. Anyone else ever happened up on anything like that before?

It happened all summer long at the mouth of Mud Creek in 1993

Re: Crazy things you've seen bass fishing. [Re: perchjerker] #2555959
08/19/18 04:28 PM
08/19/18 04:28 PM
Madison
BowtechDan Offline
Old Mossy Horns
BowtechDan  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Madison
Having a prop-job fly under Gville bridge while going down the river to another spot.

Nathan Carl Goff 19 Sept 2016 - 14 Jan 2017.
Re: Crazy things you've seen bass fishing. [Re: perchjerker] #2556627
08/20/18 11:51 AM
08/20/18 11:51 AM
Harpersville, AL
tfd1224 Offline
14 point
tfd1224  Offline
14 point
Harpersville, AL
This isn’t a bass fishing story but close enough. I had just traded someone on here for an otter stealth 2000 which is a 12 ft duck hunting kayak and i had intended to use it as a frog gigging boat. Well i got home and i couldn’t take it, i had to go get some blood on it. I lived in oxford at the time and their water supply lake is called lake hillabee or something like that. I had never been there before but decided it looked like as good a place as any to gig some frogs. I had made it down one bank to the end of the lake and back down the other side and was across from the boat ramp so i decided to shine my truck from across the lake to make sure there was no one messing with my truck. I saw some red eyes between me and the truck and thought damn that looks like gator eyes but I’m wayyy too far north and knew that sometimes at the right angle a beavers eye reflection will look red so i just wrote it off as a beaver and kept on trying to gig some frogs. Well come to find out this lake didn’t have the frogs i thought it did so i decided to head to the house and i started across the lake to the boat ramp and saw those red eyes again and my curiosity got me. As i got closer, the eyes disappeared and there was no tail slap so i pretty much knew it was a gator. It came up again and let me get pretty close and sure enough it was about a 10 ft alligator. I thought i had made a discovery until i googled it and the gator had been put in there for beaver control. Not long after that a guy that fishes the lake kept posting videos of it on Facebook and got the city of oxford in such an uproar that they hired someone to come kill it and it was indeed a 10 ft alligator.

Yeah cmon. Daniel White
Re: Crazy things you've seen bass fishing. [Re: perchjerker] #2556641
08/20/18 12:04 PM
08/20/18 12:04 PM
Harpersville, AL
tfd1224 Offline
14 point
tfd1224  Offline
14 point
Harpersville, AL
This one is a bass fishing story. I used to have permission to fish a really good lake in a ritzy subdivision around birmingham. Me and a couple buddies were there one day fishing in an aluminum boat and got sorta close to the beach and a guy and 2 gorgeous girls in their early 20s and someone who appeared to be one of their mothers drive up to the beach and get out a table and start playing beer pong. These people never acknowledged us even though we were pretty close. One of the girls does something to the other girl, what it was i can’t remember but she took off and the other girl started chasing her. Well she finally caught her about 30 feet from our boat and pulled her bikini bottom down to her feet. This girl turns backwards to us and bends over and pulls her bikini bottom back up while yelling at the other girl. She gave us a pretty good view. Those 4 people on the beach never once ever acknowledged us.

Yeah cmon. Daniel White
Re: Crazy things you've seen bass fishing. [Re: perchjerker] #2556644
08/20/18 12:07 PM
08/20/18 12:07 PM
Andalusia, Al. Covington Co.
DEADorALIVE Offline
Old Mossy Horns
DEADorALIVE  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Andalusia, Al. Covington Co.
Fishing a Whopper Plopper down at our fish camp near Orlando. Had a bass about 7 lbs absolutely smash the lure...set the hook and game on! During the fight, I saw another bass that looked like the hooked fish's identical twin chasing the hooked fish. He was figuring on stealing the other fish's meal. He made his move, darted in and struck, and suddenly I had two 7 lb fish hooked! Lost one as I landed them, landed the other, but had them both hooked, fighting, and beat for about 5 minutes!

Well behaved women never make history.~ Out back
Quit laughing...I think I broke something.

Fifteen is my limit on Schnitzen-Gruben, Baby...

I have OCD and ADD, so everything has to be perfect, but only for a minute.
Re: Crazy things you've seen bass fishing. [Re: tfd1224] #2557112
08/20/18 08:24 PM
08/20/18 08:24 PM
Trussville
T
toothdoc Offline
14 point
toothdoc  Offline
14 point
T
Trussville
Originally Posted by tfd1224
This isn’t a bass fishing story but close enough. I had just traded someone on here for an otter stealth 2000 which is a 12 ft duck hunting kayak and i had intended to use it as a frog gigging boat. Well i got home and i couldn’t take it, i had to go get some blood on it. I lived in oxford at the time and their water supply lake is called lake hillabee or something like that. I had never been there before but decided it looked like as good a place as any to gig some frogs. I had made it down one bank to the end of the lake and back down the other side and was across from the boat ramp so i decided to shine my truck from across the lake to make sure there was no one messing with my truck. I saw some red eyes between me and the truck and thought damn that looks like gator eyes but I’m wayyy too far north and knew that sometimes at the right angle a beavers eye reflection will look red so i just wrote it off as a beaver and kept on trying to gig some frogs. Well come to find out this lake didn’t have the frogs i thought it did so i decided to head to the house and i started across the lake to the boat ramp and saw those red eyes again and my curiosity got me. As i got closer, the eyes disappeared and there was no tail slap so i pretty much knew it was a gator. It came up again and let me get pretty close and sure enough it was about a 10 ft alligator. I thought i had made a discovery until i googled it and the gator had been put in there for beaver control. Not long after that a guy that fishes the lake kept posting videos of it on Facebook and got the city of oxford in such an uproar that they hired someone to come kill it and it was indeed a 10 ft alligator.

The ol stealth is still a fish catching duck killing machine. I’m still taking good care of her and getting her bloody.

Last edited by toothdoc; 08/20/18 08:25 PM.
Re: Crazy things you've seen bass fishing. [Re: toothdoc] #2557376
08/21/18 07:57 AM
08/21/18 07:57 AM
Harpersville, AL
tfd1224 Offline
14 point
tfd1224  Offline
14 point
Harpersville, AL
Originally Posted by toothdoc
Originally Posted by tfd1224

The ol stealth is still a fish catching duck killing machine. I’m still taking good care of her and getting her bloody.

Yeah, if you ever decide to sell it let me know. I may buy it back from you some day. That thing is super badarse.

Yeah cmon. Daniel White
Re: Crazy things you've seen bass fishing. [Re: perchjerker] #2557392
08/21/18 08:09 AM
08/21/18 08:09 AM
Right Behind You
W
William Offline
Booner
William  Offline
Booner
W
Right Behind You
During a club tournament on the Alabama River at Montgomery, we saw a guy jump off the I 65 bridge trying to kill himself. He hit the water not too far from a pontoon boat that picked him up. Pretty sure he lived.

"The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing... compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."

Joan Robinson
Re: Crazy things you've seen bass fishing. [Re: Beadlescomb] #2557460
08/21/18 09:22 AM
08/21/18 09:22 AM
Boaz,AL
CarbonClimber1 Online content
14 point
CarbonClimber1  Online Content
14 point
Boaz,AL
Originally Posted by Beadlescomb
Originally Posted by JBL
This is one of my favorite fishing memories and probably the craziest thing I've seen while fishing. On my 15th bday my dad took me fishing in the TN river. We put in at Goosepond. Fished a while and decided to hit some spots close to guntersville. About the time we were coming around the bend at Langston, before you get waterfront, we saw a massive feeding frenzy. We pulled over and trolled up to them. Tied on some chrome rattletraps and absolutely slayed the white bass and hybrids for the next hour. We caught some good largemouth and even a couple really big crappie. Never seen anything like it since. This was the biggest frenzy I've ever seen and they didnt last long. I've seen small ones but this was on a different scale and it lasted a while. Anyone else ever happened up on anything like that before?

Pretty often where I fish
i grew up at south sauty and that happens all the time up there...alot of times you catchem till you get tired then try to fish for somethin else and then you cant keep from catchin them. They are alot of fun to catch when they are like that but they can be aggravatin
Especially if your minner fishin and one decides he wants to go postal and tangle everthing up....they dont usually survive if they make it in my boat...id be not very socialble afterwards.

"I dont quit.. And ill fight alone if i have to"
Re: Crazy things you've seen bass fishing. [Re: perchjerker] #2557465
08/21/18 09:26 AM
08/21/18 09:26 AM
HSV AL
jmudler Offline
Freak of Nature
jmudler  Offline
Freak of Nature
HSV AL
A friend of mine 10-year-old son was walking along the shore at Honeycomb back to the camper. He had is line in the water looking at his plastic worm dancing as he walked. Next thing you know a 6lbs bass ate it. We all were like, what in the world.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Re: Crazy things you've seen bass fishing. [Re: jmudler] #2557501
08/21/18 09:57 AM
08/21/18 09:57 AM
Longwood, FL
J
jlbuc10 Offline
Booner
jlbuc10  Offline
Booner
J
Longwood, FL
Originally Posted by jmudler
A friend of mine 10-year-old son was walking along the shore at Honeycomb back to the camper. He had is line in the water looking at his plastic worm dancing as he walked. Next thing you know a 6lbs bass ate it. We all were like, what in the world.

I used to “troll” a worm as a kid on golf course ponds and anywhere the shore was clean enough to do it. Caught a bunch of bass like that never one 6lbs though.

Re: Crazy things you've seen bass fishing. [Re: perchjerker] #2557541
08/21/18 10:48 AM
08/21/18 10:48 AM
Boaz,AL
14 point
14 point
Boaz,AL
Yall seen where they take them cain poles and run a buzzbait atfached to the end of it and fan them across the top of the water bass fishin. Its intrestin to watch..i forget what its called. I always made it a habit throwin crank baits and other plugs to fan them around the boat before lifting and makin another cast. Ive picked up several fish like that that runn to the boat but wouldnt commit and that pause and change in presentatio creates an all new profile for the fish. I never thought to attach it to a stick and just do that...bout 10ft from the boat(or mostly kayakers do it) and just mash em.

Re: Crazy things you've seen bass fishing. [Re: CarbonClimber1] #2557549
08/21/18 10:57 AM
08/21/18 10:57 AM
Owens Cross Roads
mcninja Offline
12 point
mcninja  Offline
12 point
Owens Cross Roads
Originally Posted by CarbonClimber1
Yall seen where they take them cain poles and run a buzzbait atfached to the end of it and fan them across the top of the water bass fishin. Its intrestin to watch..i forget what its called. I always made it a habit throwin crank baits and other plugs to fan them around the boat before lifting and makin another cast. Ive picked up several fish like that that runn to the boat but wouldnt commit and that pause and change in presentatio creates an all new profile for the fish. I never thought to attach it to a stick and just do that...bout 10ft from the boat(or mostly kayakers do it) and just mash em.

Yessir, jiggerpolin’

Re: Crazy things you've seen bass fishing. [Re: jlbuc10] #2557587
08/21/18 11:29 AM
08/21/18 11:29 AM
Jackson Co.
JBL Offline
8 point
JBL  Offline
8 point
Jackson Co.
Originally Posted by jlbuc10
Originally Posted by jmudler

I used to “troll” a worm as a kid on golf course ponds and anywhere the shore was clean enough to do it. Caught a bunch of bass like that never one 6lbs though.

I used to do the same thing. I also used to go to one end, leave my bait, and free spool back to the other end of the pond, then work it back. I've caught a pile of fish doing both.

Re: Crazy things you've seen bass fishing. [Re: CarbonClimber1] #2557596
08/21/18 11:36 AM
08/21/18 11:36 AM
Jackson Co.
JBL Offline
8 point
JBL  Offline
8 point
Jackson Co.

Yeah I saw that on YouTube. Guy called it the sweeping method. [video:youtube]https://youtu.be/3G8XGFTxFDE[/video]

Re: Crazy things you've seen bass fishing. [Re: CarbonClimber1] #2557650
08/21/18 12:42 PM
08/21/18 12:42 PM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there

Jiggerpoling, although they use big wooden topwater plugs like a Devil's Horse on steroids.

Here's an old "Outdoors with Archie Phillips" show with jiggerpoling. It's 47 minutes long but the fishing is in the first part of the show.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: Crazy things you've seen bass fishing. [Re: perchjerker] #2557663
08/21/18 12:55 PM
08/21/18 12:55 PM
Boaz,AL
14 point
14 point
Boaz,AL
Archie phillips.....i havent thought about that feller in along time, my grandaddy had all his deer and fish mounted by him.

Re: Crazy things you've seen bass fishing. [Re: perchjerker] #2557665
08/21/18 12:58 PM
08/21/18 12:58 PM
Boaz,AL
14 point
14 point
Boaz,AL
Dern....that was back when huntin an fishin was fun

Re: Crazy things you've seen bass fishing. [Re: perchjerker] #2557814
08/21/18 03:19 PM
08/21/18 03:19 PM
S
s1nger1 Offline
spike
s1nger1  Offline
spike
S
Was fishing back in Bay Minette creek on a weekday and trolled passed a couple having sex on their pontoon boat. Never slowed them down.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.