</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
ISO boxblade
by kntree. 05/07/24 09:48 PM
WTB: 20ga remchoke
by AU7MM08. 05/07/24 05:01 PM
G Force AR style 12ga
by MikeP. 05/07/24 02:29 PM
Winchester sx4 20 ga $900
by CrappieMan. 05/07/24 02:22 PM
WTB 3” Remington 870 20 gauge
by JUGHEAD. 05/07/24 10:55 AM
Serious Deer Talk
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by Pwyse. 05/07/24 08:11 PM
Kansas Bowhunt timing
by ColeT. 05/07/24 02:57 PM
Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump
by marshmud991. 05/06/24 05:08 PM
Meat hunt outfitter?
by Snuffy. 05/06/24 03:28 PM
Who's got the best deer hunting in AL
by Overland. 05/06/24 02:53 PM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Lowndes county club
by Doeslayer44. 05/07/24 10:11 AM
Looking for Turkey Hunting Land
by Nightwatchman. 05/06/24 01:46 PM
Need dozer work. Cullman area
by Trecker1. 05/02/24 02:33 PM
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Who's Online Now
122 registered members (Coosa buck, Woodsy, dquick1, AKB, BAR1225, Bustinbeards, 4ssss, smithjearl, Reaper, RidgeRanger, mzzy, Cuz-Pat, Mbrock, slanddeerhunter, Detroitdan, Moose24, 000buck, Turkey_neck, Emile, toothdoc, Narrow Gap, square, timberwolfe, auwild, NorthFork, bamaeyedoc, Ridge Life, Whild_Bill, Sully, YellaLineHunter, Gobble4me757, rwh1, klay, roosterbob, LostinTX, 007, dtmwtp, BearBranch, IDOT, MountainTopHunter, gobbler, btfl, scrubbuck, coldtrail, canichols424, cartervj, seapro19, jake44, Okatuppa, leroyb, Stacey, gradythemachine, Turkeyneck78, sportrep, FreeStateHunter, kntree, jwalker77, donia, CatHeadBiscuit, Cynical, BCLC, buzzard, bambam32, Chaser357, CarbonClimber1, Troutgreen, jhardy, cbs, MoeBuck, fireman176, Booger, hillmp, WINMAG300, Jotjackson, Bjoff27, Dubie, turkey247, CNC, Floorman1, Treelimb, metalmuncher, OutdoorsAL, clayk, bowkl, Canterberry, akbejeepin, todd w, gwstang, Wildboar14, Highlander, Luvbowhuntn, Tree Hanger, Bowhunter2011, MarksOutdoors, JD_Bowhunter1976, SEWoodsWhitetail, doublefistful, GoldenEagle, BigEd, outdoorguy88, Turkey Petter, jawbone, Buck2020, lectrode, Butchman205, 3bailey3, AU338MAG, cullbuck, Showout, TravisBatey, eclipse829, quailman, Spec, 9 invisible), 868 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: dagwood] #2533969
07/21/18 06:17 PM
in the corner
S
Stob Offline
14 point
Stob  Offline
14 point
S
in the corner
Don't put your hands on people.

Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: dagwood] #2533970
Lee County
R
RCHRR Offline
14 point
RCHRR  Offline
14 point
R
Lee County
Well the man had no right putting his hands on that man. He had not touched a soul. You assault me and you might get shot too. People are crazy these days so it’s better to walk away. The only fighting done now days is in the rings because people tote guns and knives and don’t think twice about using them.

Agree Don’t put your hands on people. Walk away.

Last edited by RCHRR; 07/21/18 06:19 PM.
Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: James] #2533975
07/21/18 06:24 PM
07/21/18 06:24 PM
northport
deadeye48 Offline
Booner
deadeye48  Offline
Booner
northport
Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by deadeye48
read this rather than watch the video and there at the end is one of the people he threatened to kill prior to this shooting. This guy was on a mission to murder someone

https://abcnews.go.com/US/gunman-parking-space-shooting-charged-stand-ground-law/story?id=56715356

Must have missed what u wanted me to read? But pulling a gun and killing someone for pushing you down is a BS pussy move. Now ya'll can run with it thumbup But Guys like him are why there's no good fist fights too had...

Well James you’re right the part I wanted everybody to read was included in the link for some reason.
The guy interviewed said the shooter threatened to kill him for parking a company vehicle there and that he was cruising the parking lot checking vehicles to see if they were parking in the handicap zone without a permit. This idiot called the mans workplace and told them he was going to kill him

When I need expert advice I tend to talk to myself
The older I get the better I used to be
Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: dagwood] #2533978
07/21/18 06:27 PM
07/21/18 06:27 PM
Gee's Bend/At The Hog Pen
James Offline
Freak of Nature
James  Offline
Freak of Nature
Originally Posted by RCHRR
Well the man had no right putting his hands on that man. He had not touched a soul. You assault me and you might get shot too. People are crazy these days so it’s better to walk away. The only fighting done now days is in the rings because people tote guns and knives and don’t think twice about using them.

Agree Don’t put your hands on people. Walk away.

Hmmm

Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!

Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: deadeye48] #2533981
07/21/18 06:28 PM
07/21/18 06:28 PM
James Offline
Freak of Nature
James  Offline
Freak of Nature
read this rather than watch the video and there at the end is one of the people he threatened to kill prior to this shooting. This guy was on a mission to murder someone

https://abcnews.go.com/US/gunman-parking-space-shooting-charged-stand-ground-law/story?id=56715356

Must have missed what u wanted me to read? But pulling a gun and killing someone for pushing you down is a BS pussy move. Now ya'll can run with it thumbup But Guys like him are why there's no good fist fights too had...

Well James you’re right the part I wanted everybody to read was included in the link for some reason.
The guy interviewed said the shooter threatened to kill him for parking a company vehicle there and that he was cruising the parking lot checking vehicles to see if they were parking in the handicap zone without a permit. This idiot called the mans workplace and told them he was going to kill him

Damn.

Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!

Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: deadeye48] #2533982
07/21/18 06:29 PM
07/21/18 06:29 PM
AL
H
hunterbuck Offline
Booner
hunterbuck  Offline
Booner
H
AL

Here's a link to the story that has the witness that said the shooter threatened to shoot him too....

https://www.wfla.com/news/pinellas-...to-deadly-clearwater-shooting/1312474223

"You think I care? Roll Damn Tide"

Have you tried Google?
Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: dagwood] #2533983
07/21/18 06:30 PM
Hampton Cove
foldemup Offline
14 point
foldemup  Offline
14 point
Hampton Cove
Since when is 47 yo an old man? Wasn’t necessary to pull the trigger.

If you want to always win, never play anyone better than you!
Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: deadeye48] #2533984
Chilton
P
Powpow65 Offline
10 point
Powpow65  Offline
10 point
P
Chilton

If he did or didn't it is irrelevant to this situation. Guy pushed him down and Florida law says the shooting was justified.

Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: dagwood] #2533989
07/21/18 06:38 PM
07/21/18 06:38 PM
Hoover, AL
M48scout Offline
12 point
M48scout  Offline
12 point
Hoover, AL
I don’t feel too sorry for the guy that got shot since he’s one of these that park in handicap spaces, plus he initiated the violence.

However in my opinion the shooter is guilty of some sort of crime, not sure if it’s manslaughter, murder or what. The guy was retreating and did not pose a threat to his life at the moment he was shot.

Apart from anything legal, I don’t have much respect for the shooter. He decided he was Mr In Charge and was going to argue with a woman in public who he didn’t know. Then when he got his ass handed to him he simply got pissed off and shot the guy. If you’re gonna start chit in public with someone’s wife be able to handle yourself. The majority of people on this forum would do something similar as the guy who got shot if they walked out of a store and saw some unknown man jawing at their wife.

Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: hunterbuck] #2533998
07/21/18 06:50 PM
07/21/18 06:50 PM
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
jawbone Online content
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Online Content
Freak of Nature
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
Originally Posted by hunterbuck
Originally Posted by dagwood
I can't believe anyone would think this shooting is justified. Man walks out of store. Sees another man in his wife's face. Probably shouldn't have pushed him but after the push there was not threat. No hands in pocket. He's backing up. This is at minimum manslaughter.

Agree completely.

How many times have we seen someone on here talk about what they'd do to someone if they saw them attacking their family?

That dude was obviously yelling and pointing at the guy's lady/kids, and the now deceased guy did EXACTLY what many people have said they would do in the same situation.

So, I guess they think it would be ok for whoever was yelling at their wife and kids, who they pushed down, to pull out a gun and shoot them dead?

Now everybody needs to ask themselves an honest question, did the fact that they identified the race of the parties involved play into your decision? That is a question that I often had to answer when investigating cases and in order to do so I had to articulate what other evidence was there to show that my decision wasn't based on racial bias. Reverse the situation and see if you still have the same outcome. If you don't you have a problem with your investigation and you don't want to end up looking like Mark Fuhrman did in the OJ case.

Personally, in this case the Sheriff did the smart thing by passing the buck. I think in the end they will end up charging him with Manslaughter. A lot will depend on what we can't hear and witness testimony about what was said.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.
Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: jawbone] #2534002
07/21/18 06:55 PM
central ala,
C
centralala Offline
14 point
centralala  Offline
14 point
C
central ala,
Originally Posted by jawbone
Originally Posted by hunterbuck
Originally Posted by dagwood
I can't believe anyone would think this shooting is justified. Man walks out of store. Sees another man in his wife's face. Probably shouldn't have pushed him but after the push there was not threat. No hands in pocket. He's backing up. This is at minimum manslaughter.

Agree completely.

How many times have we seen someone on here talk about what they'd do to someone if they saw them attacking their family?

That dude was obviously yelling and pointing at the guy's lady/kids, and the now deceased guy did EXACTLY what many people have said they would do in the same situation.

So, I guess they think it would be ok for whoever was yelling at their wife and kids, who they pushed down, to pull out a gun and shoot them dead?

Now everybody needs to ask themselves an honest question, did the fact that they identified the race of the parties involved play into your decision? That is a question that I often had to answer when investigating cases and in order to do so I had to articulate what other evidence was there to show that my decision wasn't based on racial bias. Reverse the situation and see if you still have the same outcome. If you don't you have a problem with your investigation and you don't want to end up looking like Mark Fuhrman did in the OJ case.

Personally, in this case the Sheriff did the smart thing by passing the buck. I think in the end they will end up charging him with Manslaughter. A lot will depend on what we can't hear and witness testimony about what was said.

Ok, say he didn't shoot. Can he then be charged with menacing for pulling the gun?

Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: dagwood] #2534003
South Alabama
S
skidboot77 Offline
6 point
skidboot77  Offline
6 point
S
South Alabama
Anyone carrying, should not go around and getting into confrontations. It will end badly.

Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: dagwood] #2534004
07/21/18 06:56 PM
07/21/18 06:56 PM
Your mom’s house
doekiller Offline
Freak of Nature
doekiller  Offline
Freak of Nature
Your mom’s house
Everyone of you would have the opposite opinion if the shooter was black and the dead guy was white. You would be saying that damn thug couldn’t take an ass beating and pulled a gun. All you guys talk about beating someone’s ass for things they do. Does that mean you need to be shot because you tried to teach someone a lesson?

By the way, the sheriff not charging him doesn’t mean the DA will not charge him.

Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: dagwood] #2534005
07/21/18 06:57 PM
07/21/18 06:57 PM
GA
UncleHuck Offline
10 point
UncleHuck  Offline
10 point
GA
Young dude was absolutely out of bounds when he touched older dude, regardless of what was said or age of older dude. YD was not outside long enough to communicate, just to react.

I'm old and getting older. While I may still be able to whup some azz, I would feel it for days, maybe weeks.

If you don't like what I said, then say something. We can have a conversation. If you put your hands on me, I'm gonna make a hole in you.

May be with a blade (always have at least one), may be with a shooter (usually have at least one), but you're getting a new exit hole. I'm too old to take an azz whuppin, but still too young to die.

Young dude's attitude got him shot.

Last edited by UncleHuck; 07/21/18 07:02 PM.
Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: IDOT] #2534016
07/21/18 07:08 PM
07/21/18 07:08 PM

O
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
O

Originally Posted by IDOT
Originally Posted by outdoorobsession

OK..well sorry buddy...."see no evil, hear no evil" doesnt work with me. .

Just remember, you put yourself in that situation, you are the aggressor and the following could be used.

"Officer, I was in fear of immanent bodily harm and had to defend myself"

Wait..you totally lost me now.

The guy that shot was physically attacked and youre saying he was wrong in using force. (which I believe he was, just producing the firearm produced the desired effect...the guy killed did seem to back away).

But NOW, you are saying that I could get shot for saying " Hey, if you arent handicapped you shouldnt park there, there are people who really need that spot."???

And that then, even with no force used or implied, some dude can shoot me and say he felt threatened??? From what, my freaking words?

Youve entered the nonsensical zone now! "stand my ground" doesnt include people telling me I was wrong. It covers fear of imminent injury or death. Not hurt feelings. Just saying.

By the way, I dont believe the guy needed to shoot, nor should have shot. But I also believe the other guy did not need to blind side him.

However the law in "Stand my ground" allows it if "you fear you are in imminent danger for your life". Obviously the shooter told the police something that said he felt he was.

We dont know what the other guy said. He could have said "MFer, Ill take that gun away and kill you with it." If that was the case the shooter could have felt in danger.

I dont deal with "could've been, should have been, would have been". Im not an idealist. Im a pragmatic REALIST.

I try to stay in the reality zone. I was taught early, there is "the way it should be, the way you want it to be, and the WAY IT IS!"

Life is much easier from the "Way it is" reality zone I have found.

The Florida law allows for the use of deadly force if you were in fear for your life.

It is the same thing in the Zimmerman/Trevon Martin case. HE "FELT" in danger of his life ( head impacting concrete often does that in REALITY to 99.9% of people) so he used deadly force.

This older guy must have felt the same..

Casey,(foldemup) ...By the way..he must be handicapped or something as he is hunched back, moves slowly, and chance are has a handicapped plate...hence his anger at everyone parking there and him constantly having to walk I would venture to guess.

Im over 10 years older then this guy and I move way better., so Im thinking handicapped.

If youre a handicapped guy..you are not fighting ANYONE.

I know a lot of handicapped guys. You physically assault them and they will protect themselves the ONLY WAY THEY CAN, with a firearm.

By the way JAMES, I agree...a pussy move.

Im way older then that guy and I would have taken my chances in a fight even though I carry 100% of the time. But if the shooter is handicapped...nah. That wont cut the dang mustard.

REALITY time. Youre a handicapped dude lying on the ground and you might feel you need to at least be able to stand up before the boots and the pain train come. Hence, he might have felt in danger for his life.

Just like I know to expect that REALISTICALLY most guys these days in a physically confrontation will pull a weapon. It is reality. It has been that way for a while sadly. By the way, no one loved a good ole fight more then I used to.

It is not that way any more.

By the way, you must have missed my point. I felt the guy didnt need to shoot, but if he felt threatened with imminent harm, according to FL law he had the right to defend himself.

Last edited by outdoorobsession; 07/21/18 07:19 PM.
Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: dagwood] #2534017
07/21/18 07:09 PM
07/21/18 07:09 PM
Banana Republic
jb20 Offline
Old Mossy Horns
jb20  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Banana Republic
Well we dont know what was said but if that guy was cussing my wife n kids id hit him

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Ben Franklin
Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: doekiller] #2534020
07/21/18 07:12 PM
Anytown. usa
pcamper Offline
10 point
pcamper  Offline
10 point
Anytown. usa
Originally Posted by doekiller
Not in Alabama it isn’t. That wasn’t defending yourself. You don’t legally get to kill someone because they pushed you. If I punch you in the face, you can’t shoot me. Now, if he had jumped on him as he was laying on the ground and attempted to continue the attack, the. I would say it was justified.

I say this and I defend these cases every day. That wasn’t self defense.

Doekiller

Is there a difference between the Fla and Al. “stand your ground” law? Also, is there a chance the DA will overturn the PD decision not to charge?

Lone Watie: I'm glad you stopped me when you did. I might have killed her
Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: dagwood] #2534021
Madison
BowtechDan Offline
Old Mossy Horns
BowtechDan  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Madison
There was plenty of parking for everyone. Pick your battles wisely.

Nathan Carl Goff 19 Sept 2016 - 14 Jan 2017.
Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: dagwood] #2534026
07/21/18 07:17 PM
07/21/18 07:17 PM
Elmore County
Frankie Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Frankie  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Elmore County
if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he hops .

no charges for the shooter .

Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: jb20] #2534028
07/21/18 07:19 PM
07/21/18 07:19 PM
Shelby Co, AL
CatHeadBiscuit Online content
14 point
CatHeadBiscuit  Online Content
14 point
Shelby Co, AL
Originally Posted by jb20
I think pulling a gun was enough to deter any further action the guy wasn't coming for more after he saw the gun..

In this day and age just pointing a gun at another person is considered assault. This is why I subscribe to the idea of don’t pull a gun until it’s time to shoot it. If the gun needed to come out it needed to be fired

Last edited by CatHeadBiscuit; 07/21/18 07:25 PM.

"Arguing on the internet is like playing chess with a pigeon. You may be good at chess, but the pigeon is just going to knock all the pieces down, take a crap on the table, and strut around like its victorious."--Anonymous
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.