</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
ZEISS CONQUEST V4
by extreme heights hunter. 05/06/24 01:54 PM
McWhorter .45 XML muzzlelaoder and accessories
by daylate. 05/06/24 01:30 PM
Framed Duck Prints - Woodies and Canvasbacks
by Rem870s2. 05/06/24 12:20 PM
ISO Brush Mower
by ducky25. 05/06/24 10:02 AM
Browning X-Bolt Speed SPR in 300 PRC
by FastXD. 05/06/24 08:03 AM
Serious Deer Talk
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by abolt300. 05/06/24 11:25 PM
Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump
by marshmud991. 05/06/24 05:08 PM
Meat hunt outfitter?
by Snuffy. 05/06/24 03:28 PM
Who's got the best deer hunting in AL
by Overland. 05/06/24 02:53 PM
Velvet
by Turkey_neck. 05/04/24 09:13 AM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Looking for Turkey Hunting Land
by Nightwatchman. 05/06/24 01:46 PM
Need dozer work. Cullman area
by Trecker1. 05/02/24 02:33 PM
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
Who's Online Now
12 registered members (jacannon, RCHRR, CatHeadBiscuit, Etyson, RidgeRanger, PikeRoadHunter, Forrestgump1, Thread Killer, FX4, dtmwtp, 2 invisible), 1,157 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: IDOT] #2533871
07/21/18 04:02 PM
07/21/18 04:02 PM

O
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
O

Originally Posted by IDOT
Originally Posted by outdoorobsession

Two lessons should be learned here...dont park in handicapped spot because your arse is LAZY if you arent handicapped.

And dont go blind siding and assualting someone who is trying to correct the problem. That someone might be carrying and your laziness to walk an extra spot or two might just cost you your life.

He shouldnt have attacked the old guy..he should of got in the dam car and left after apologizing for parking in the dam spot. He sure didnt look handicapped.

By the way..that dumb arse girl got her boyfriend killed because she was too dam lazy or just didnt care about "handicapped parking". All she had to do was move her car. Stupid is as stupid does IMO.

We talk about personal responsibility and respect...here we saw how lack of personal responsibility and just feeling entitled to do whatever the heck you want cost this guy his freaking life.

Too stupid on too many levels.

rolleyes

Sorry, but the shooter put himself in that situation. It's not his business to be confronting and arguing with a WOMAN and CHILDREN over a parking spot. You're acting like the shooter was 100% in the right and that worries the hell out of me with your thought process.

No, I never said he was 100% right.

Sorry, but I have said to people in those spots "hey..if you arent handicapped you shouldnt use that spot..there are people that actually need to use them!" before myself.

So youre saying that confronting someone who isnt handicapped parked in a handicapped spot should not be done. Just let the people park there?

And if he was handicapped...well yes, it is his business.

And that if you do go and say "Hey, youre not handicapped...those spots are for people that are. You should move" means that someone now has the right to assault you? Its your thought process that is scary.

You use force against anyone these days, you better plan on force being used back. In this case, that force was deadly...and apparently justified in the eyes of the LAW..not public opinion.

Sorry for the guy, but THEY should have not parked there, AND He should not have assualted the guy. They broke 2 laws..one just a ticket...the other the crime of ASSAULT.

Instead of it ending peacefully, the dead guy chose the wrong course of action and it cost him his life. Actions have consequences...sorry to say.

The dead guy chose to be violent as he was bigger and younger and thought hed get away with it with no consequences. Wrong decision on his part.

You act like the people parking in the handicapped spot, then assualting an older guy is acceptable! Thats crazy.. slap loco

It is also the problem with the country today. No personal responsibility. You park in a handicapped spot, not handicapped and personally I think everyone should say "Hey, Are you too dam lazy to walk? REAL handicapped folks NEED that spot..as they freaking cant!"

Not just ignore it and act like it is fine. The lack of accountability and personal responsibilty for ones actions these days is sickening to me.

Last edited by outdoorobsession; 07/21/18 04:12 PM.
Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: deadeye48] #2533873
07/21/18 04:05 PM
07/21/18 04:05 PM
Some Marriott/Auburn
A
AU7MM08 Offline
Booner
AU7MM08  Offline
Booner
A
Some Marriott/Auburn
Originally Posted by deadeye48
Originally Posted by Powpow65
Hate the guy is dead but he went overboard shoving the man to the ground. Shooting justified imo.

Youll see the white guy in the video starts running to help the old guy when the younger guys shoves him to the ground too.

And as far as the older guy saying he was going to kill others...do we have any SOURCES (legit ones) for that? I sure couldnt find any.

I saw an interview on the news with one guy he threatened to kill and even called the guys job to tell them he was going to kill him. The parked there in a company vehicle

Jesus.
Crazy old fuk was waiting for a confrontation and got his twisted dream.
Can even see elements of that mindset at times on this very forum.

Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: IDOT] #2533877
07/21/18 04:08 PM
07/21/18 04:08 PM
upatree
rulebreaker Offline
My head is in my ass.
rulebreaker  Offline
My head is in my ass.
upatree
BOTH parties were 100% in the wrong. The victim shoulda never parked in the handicap parking spot and he shouldn't have just come up half cocked and went on the attack either. The shooter, shoulda kept his opinions and anger to himself. Arguing with a woman and her kids is just wrong, over a damn parking spot. The aggressor was retreating and he shot and killed him. 100% murder in my opinion and that sob should go to prison for manslaughter.

Oh snap!! you might need to look at the by definition rather than knee jerk. I wouldn't want you on my jury.

Don't go looking for TROUBLE, it'll find you soon enough!

There are old, wise men and then there are just old fools. The sooner you learn this, the wiser you will be.
Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: ] #2533879
07/21/18 04:11 PM
07/21/18 04:11 PM
Guntersville, AL
IDOT Offline
I am Cornholio
IDOT  Offline
I am Cornholio
Guntersville, AL

So youre saying that confronting someone who isnt handicapped parked in a handicapped spot should not be done. Just let the people park there?

Exactly what I'm saying. It's not your place...it's illegal to park in a handicap parking place and that is why we have the police. One of the FIRST things you learn in Florida, when you get your concealed weapons permit, is that you're not a police officer and that you are NOT to purposely put yourself into situations like the gentleman did. Situations like this give concealed carry a very bad look and the droves of folks coming to the defense only add to it. He may have met all of the conditions of the stand your ground law. but what he did was 100% wrong and tells me that the SYG needs to be looked at strongly.

Originally Posted by Patricia Heaton
If you’re a common sense person, you probably don’t feel you have a home in this world right now. If you’re a Christian, you know you were never meant to.

Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: rulebreaker] #2533880
07/21/18 04:12 PM
07/21/18 04:12 PM
Guntersville, AL
IDOT Offline
I am Cornholio
IDOT  Offline
I am Cornholio
Guntersville, AL
Originally Posted by rulebreaker
BOTH parties were 100% in the wrong. The victim shoulda never parked in the handicap parking spot and he shouldn't have just come up half cocked and went on the attack either. The shooter, shoulda kept his opinions and anger to himself. Arguing with a woman and her kids is just wrong, over a damn parking spot. The aggressor was retreating and he shot and killed him. 100% murder in my opinion and that sob should go to prison for manslaughter.

Oh snap!! you might need to look at the by definition rather than knee jerk. I wouldn't want you on my jury.

I lived in Florida for 3yrs, I'm fully aware of the definition. You are correct, if you're as stupid as that SOB that did the shooting you wouldn't want me on your jury.

Last edited by IDOT; 07/21/18 04:12 PM.

If you’re a common sense person, you probably don’t feel you have a home in this world right now. If you’re a Christian, you know you were never meant to.

Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: IDOT] #2533884
07/21/18 04:15 PM
07/21/18 04:15 PM

O
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
O

Exactly what I'm saying. It's not your place...it's illegal to park in a handicap parking place and that is why we have the police. One of the FIRST things you learn in Florida, when you get your concealed weapons permit, is that you're not a police officer and that you are NOT to purposely put yourself into situations like the gentleman did. Situations like this give concealed carry a very bad look and the droves of folks coming to the defense only add to it. He may have met all of the conditions of the stand your ground law. but what he did was 100% wrong and tells me that the SYG needs to be looked at strongly.

OK..well sorry buddy...."see no evil, hear no evil" doesnt work with me. I guess your idea of personal responsibility only applies to law abiding citizens.

And while it is 100% wrong IN YOUR OPINION...however, it is not in mine or a lot on here ...nor OBVIOUSLY in the eyes of the law governing Florida.

Your personal feelings do not Trump the LAW.

By the way..it HAS been looked at "strongly" many times. Guess what..it is STILL THE LAW. That says it all...sorry to tell you.

Last edited by outdoorobsession; 07/21/18 04:20 PM.
Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: IDOT] #2533885
07/21/18 04:17 PM
07/21/18 04:17 PM

O
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
O

Originally Posted by rulebreaker

I lived in Florida for 3yrs, I'm fully aware of the definition. You are correct, if you're as stupid as that SOB that did the shooting you wouldn't want me on your jury.

Definitely as you would be IGNORING the word of law because it offends your sensibilities. Law isnt about how YOU personally FEEL about a situation..it is if it is WITHIN THE LAW. This clearly was...that is why he was not charged.

Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: ] #2533889
07/21/18 04:26 PM
07/21/18 04:26 PM
Guntersville, AL
IDOT Offline
I am Cornholio
IDOT  Offline
I am Cornholio
Guntersville, AL

OK..well sorry buddy...."see no evil, hear no evil" doesnt work with me. .

Just remember, you put yourself in that situation, you are the aggressor and the following could be used.

"Officer, I was in fear of immanent bodily harm and had to defend myself"

Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: IDOT] #2533901
07/21/18 04:49 PM
07/21/18 04:49 PM
Santa Rosa/Conecuh
hallb Offline
Booner
hallb  Offline
Booner
Santa Rosa/Conecuh

OK..well sorry buddy...."see no evil, hear no evil" doesnt work with me. .

Just remember, you put yourself in that situation, you are the aggressor and the following could be used.

"Officer, I was in fear of immanent bodily harm and had to defend myself"

That old man put himself on the ground? This all could have ended with a basic verbal altercation, but only one person physically attacked the other first. I don't have it in me to at my age to be scrapping with some young jacked up hot head these days - should I just lay there and let him come pummel my head into the ground? How many head-into-ground-pummels should be acceptable before I pull my CCW on him?

Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: dagwood] #2533905
07/21/18 04:54 PM
07/21/18 04:54 PM
Your mom’s house
doekiller Offline
Freak of Nature
doekiller  Offline
Freak of Nature
Your mom’s house
Not in Alabama it isn’t. That wasn’t defending yourself. You don’t legally get to kill someone because they pushed you. If I punch you in the face, you can’t shoot me. Now, if he had jumped on him as he was laying on the ground and attempted to continue the attack, the. I would say it was justified.

I say this and I defend these cases every day. That wasn’t self defense.

Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: IDOT] #2533922
07/21/18 05:14 PM
07/21/18 05:14 PM
Lee County
R
RCHRR Online content
14 point
RCHRR  Online Content
14 point
R
Lee County

Police don’t enforce it because 99% of handicap parking is on private property.

Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: dagwood] #2533930
07/21/18 05:21 PM
07/21/18 05:21 PM
F
ford150man Offline
Old Mossy Horns
ford150man  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
F
Lots of wrong in that video, based just off what we see.

1-Lady shouldn’t have parked there
2-Old guy shouldn’t have confronted her over a stupid parking spot.
3-Young guy shouldn’t have attacked.
4-Old guy shouldn’t have shot him once the young guy started retreating. Just because you pull your weapon doesn’t mean you HAVE to pull the trigger. Be prepared too? Yes. Have too? No. The firearm did its job at just the sight of it. The old man murdered him.

If voting made any difference, they wouldn’t let us do it.-Mark Twain
Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: Gobl4me] #2533932
07/21/18 05:29 PM
07/21/18 05:29 PM
Gee's Bend/At The Hog Pen
James Offline
Freak of Nature
James  Offline
Freak of Nature
Originally Posted by Gobl4me
You'd better think hard before you put your hands on another...... the days of fist fight and move on are long gone

I don't disagree. But damn ain't nuttin better than a good ole fist fight to cleanse the sole grin

Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!

Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: James] #2533935
07/21/18 05:35 PM
07/21/18 05:35 PM
In a Van, down by the River
quailman Offline
Booner
quailman  Offline
Booner
In a Van, down by the River
Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by Gobl4me
You'd better think hard before you put your hands on another...... the days of fist fight and move on are long gone

I don't disagree. But damn ain't nuttin better than a good ole fist fight to cleanse the sole grin

Merica!! grin

Life is a journey. Make sure and bring plenty of Beer.

My luck has been so bad lately, it could be raining pussies and I'd catch one with a dick broke off in it.
Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: dagwood] #2533947
07/21/18 05:55 PM
07/21/18 05:55 PM
northport
deadeye48 Offline
Booner
deadeye48  Offline
Booner
northport
read this rather than watch the video and there at the end is one of the people he threatened to kill prior to this shooting. This guy was on a mission to murder someone

https://abcnews.go.com/US/gunman-parking-space-shooting-charged-stand-ground-law/story?id=56715356

When I need expert advice I tend to talk to myself
The older I get the better I used to be
Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: deadeye48] #2533956
07/21/18 06:07 PM
James Offline
Freak of Nature
James  Offline
Freak of Nature
Originally Posted by deadeye48
read this rather than watch the video and there at the end is one of the people he threatened to kill prior to this shooting. This guy was on a mission to murder someone

https://abcnews.go.com/US/gunman-parking-space-shooting-charged-stand-ground-law/story?id=56715356

Must have missed what u wanted me to read? But pulling a gun and killing someone for pushing you down is a BS pussy move. Now ya'll can run with it thumbup But Guys like him are why there's no good fist fights too had...

Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!

Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: deadeye48] #2533957
pensacola,fl
dagwood Offline OP
10 point
dagwood  Offline OP
10 point
pensacola,fl
I can't believe anyone would think this shooting is justified. Man walks out of store. Sees another man in his wife's face. Probably shouldn't have pushed him but after the push there was not threat. No hands in pocket. He's backing up. This is at minimum manslaughter.

jmlane
Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: dagwood] #2533960
07/21/18 06:12 PM
07/21/18 06:12 PM
Luverne, AL
Skinny Offline
GUVNER
Skinny  Offline
GUVNER
Luverne, AL
parking in a handicap spot when you aint handicapped pisses me off
.But the dude was already on the ground and not a threat to anybody.

Never Trust Government

"You can be broke but you cant be poor." Ruthie-May Webster
Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: dagwood] #2533962
07/21/18 06:13 PM
07/21/18 06:13 PM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
Originally Posted by dagwood
I can't believe anyone would think this shooting is justified. Man walks out of store. Sees another man in his wife's face. Probably shouldn't have pushed him but after the push there was not threat. No hands in pocket. He's backing up. This is at minimum manslaughter.

You might wanna watch it again. He didn't back up till he pulled the heater. And while he was moving towards him after pushing him on the ground, his hands went to his waistline.

For without victory, there is no survival
Re: Is this Stand Your Ground? [Re: dagwood] #2533965
07/21/18 06:14 PM
07/21/18 06:14 PM
AL
H
hunterbuck Offline
Booner
hunterbuck  Offline
Booner
H
AL
Originally Posted by dagwood

Agree completely.

How many times have we seen someone on here talk about what they'd do to someone if they saw them attacking their family?

That dude was obviously yelling and pointing at the guy's lady/kids, and the now deceased guy did EXACTLY what many people have said they would do in the same situation.

So, I guess they think it would be ok for whoever was yelling at their wife and kids, who they pushed down, to pull out a gun and shoot them dead?

"You think I care? Roll Damn Tide"

Have you tried Google?
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.