</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
<*> 1911 Spring Cleaning <*>
by BCLC. 04/26/24 07:41 PM
Trade
by AustinC. 04/26/24 07:31 PM
For trade: cases of 12ga target for 20 ga
by Garndawg. 04/26/24 05:07 PM
WTB Ollie Baker Mainspring Winder (with clamps)
by BamaGuitarDude. 04/26/24 04:24 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Kansas draw
by cgardner. 04/26/24 07:15 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by Squeaky. 04/26/24 12:07 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
Who's Online Now
134 registered members (Gobble4me757, donia, goodman_hunter, BCLC, DuckDown11, timberwolfe, cdaddy14, Scdoghunter667, quailman, Scout308, dtmwtp, DHW, Prohunter3509, jake44, BrandonClark, Chiller, dquick1, Turkey, IDOT, BearBranch, quickshot, CCC, YellaLineHunter, curt99rsv, GATA87, JohnG, Snuffy, CKyleC, BrentsFX4, hayman, top cat, headshot, TexasHuntress, Mbrock, 7x57_Mauser, turfarmer, klay, jhardy, JA, weatherby, NotsoBright, abolt300, globe, bamabeagler, General, 270 guru, mossyback, woodduck, Solothurn, Paddlejon, apolloslade, MarksOutdoors, 2walnuts, Herbie, gatorbait154, brett.smith, Floorman1, Rockhound, Bustinbeards, canichols424, CNC, GomerPyle, furnfeather, AUdeerhunter, jeffhhub, Softailrider00, Justice, jchurch, Ray_Coon, NWFJ, deadeye48, Whild_Bill, RidgeRanger, crenshawco, Andalusia, Hotrod20, Turkeyneck78, MC21, kaferhaus, Herdbull, hyco, giftedkiller, BigA47, bambam32, AustinC, HHSyelper, jaredhunts, BobK, Droptine-13, Cynical, MS_Hunter, sj22, DoeMaster, HappyHunter, FX4, AU338MAG, slanddeerhunter, Drycreek, !shiloh!, wareagle22, ImThere, AJones, Lung_buster, CouchNapper, VERACITY, russellb, SC53, oakachoy, 3bailey3, UncleHuck, longshot, JCL, brushwhacker, Red Fox, blade, Mdees, remlap, Ridge Life, Paint Rock 00, BPI, millstoneman, coldtrail, 12 invisible), 1,138 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Republicans will pass gun control [Re: Skullworks] #2412577
02/19/18 03:28 PM
02/19/18 03:28 PM
Santa Rosa/Conecuh
hallb Offline
Booner
hallb  Offline
Booner
Santa Rosa/Conecuh
Originally Posted by Skullworks
Originally Posted by hallb
Originally Posted by CatHeadBiscuit
If you don’t want a background check done buy 80% AR lowers and build your own.

How does that avoid it? The receiver is what has the serial number and requires the background check??

80% lowers don't have serial numbers.

Interesting, so, what in order to make them legal are you supposed to somehow call and get a serial number or something? Is it an illegal gun until it has a serial on it?

Re: Republicans will pass gun control [Re: Remington270] #2412580
02/19/18 03:31 PM
02/19/18 03:31 PM
Santa Rosa/Conecuh
hallb Offline
Booner
hallb  Offline
Booner
Santa Rosa/Conecuh
Originally Posted by Remington270
Originally Posted by TexasNative
Originally Posted by 1bamashooter
Originally Posted by TexasNative
I see raising the age to 21 for gun purchases. I have no problem with universal background checks. Open up the system to everyone, not just FFL's. All you need is a Yes or No answer on the background check. If the Dem's get control, I bet they will require the automation of the BAFT database and tracking of all gun purchases and transfers. I really don't see an AR ban.

What part of "Shall Not Be Infringed" do you not understand?

I understand it very well. What part infringes on your right to purchase a weapon?

The background check. If the liberals can argue that having a damn driver's license is a legitimate burden on voting, I fail to see how a background check (and also waiting periods) isn't also a burden. Of course it is. Do we need background checks for ammo too? No big deal, right?

I get what your saying and agree, but devil's advocate - 2A says nothing about your rights involved when purchasing "arms". Just that you have the right to keep and bear them. Our friendly politicians in Washington can do whatever they want to in that regard to buying/selling/manufacturing them. As was seen in the original "assault weapons" ban...which did nothing except create a craze around AR's when it opened back up...and Columbine happened during it.

Re: Republicans will pass gun control [Re: Remington270] #2412581
02/19/18 03:32 PM
02/19/18 03:32 PM
USA
R
Remington270 Offline OP
Freak of Nature
Remington270  Offline OP
Freak of Nature
R
USA
Well, the constitution doesn't say anything about not requiring voter ID's either. So, let's do that!

Re: Republicans will pass gun control [Re: ] #2412583
02/19/18 03:36 PM
02/19/18 03:36 PM
B'ham
Goatkiller Offline
14 point
Goatkiller  Offline
14 point
B'ham
Originally Posted by RobertD
Originally Posted by bill
We are already ruled by the democratic party. Just because some of them call themselves republicans doesn't make it less true. This issue is a prime example. But keep voting for them because that strategy seems to be working great and the RNC agrees.

Sure will. And your answer to this would be?

"Hold them to a higher standard". "Write in a candidate when they won't put forth the perfect conservative candidate I want".

Yeah, that'll work. There has been a viable 3rd party candidate in almost every nationwide election since the 70's (Ralph Nader?)

STILL hasn't resulted in getting them to propose a candidate you can vote for without holding your nose, has it?

Tell you what it HAS done. It got Slick Willie elected when Perot ran against he and Bush. It also got Doug Jones in the Senate from Alabama. Do you like Doug better than you would have Roy Moore? I don't. In 95% plus of open elections in this country you have two choices. Just like the POTUS election 1.5 years ago. It was going to be Trump or Hillary. Period. End of story. Imagine if enough people had decided to follow your noble plan and write in someone or not "hold their nose and vote for a subpar R candidate. What if stupidity like that got Hillary elected? Would THAT have resulted in you getting your preferred R candidate next time?

No, It would have resulted in the end of our Republic IMHO, and the people like you responsible would have been no better than traitors in my mind.

Don't be trying to use logic now that ain't fair!

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.
Re: Republicans will pass gun control [Re: Remington270] #2412586
02/19/18 03:38 PM
02/19/18 03:38 PM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there
Do we need background checks for ammo too? No big deal, right?

Ammunition limits and registration are required in California and Illinois. Seattle instituted some wildly crazy tax-per-box on ammo, but it backfired on them because buyers just went to the next county and bought it. The city lost more money from that than it projected to bring in via the tax (because they're liberal dumbasses). And I believe in Illinois you have to have some kind of "Sportsman's Card" or "Ammunition Registration Card" or something -- basically, proof of more registration -- before you can purchase anything?

Wiley Coyote on here has been saying for years they will go after the ammo because it's easier to do so. They did it with blackpowder for reloading and muzzleloader folks. They'll continue doing it piecemeal with centerfire ammo and not just in those areas/states I mentioned.

But these minor inconveniences are just part of it, like GameCheck and tagging and all for the good of society. Right? Just minor inconveniences. Shouldn't be a bother to anyone interested in helping mankind and doing the right thing.

And the next minor inconvenience won't be too onerous tacked onto the previous minor inconveniences, permits, waiting times and registrations and mandates and whatnot. Only takes a few more minutes with the previous few more minutes, and you don't mind waiting a little more for the limited amount you can possess.

And then another minor inconvenience surely won't bother anyone interested in ...

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: Republicans will pass gun control [Re: Stob] #2412587
02/19/18 03:42 PM
02/19/18 03:42 PM
Montgomery
WmHunter Offline
14 point
WmHunter  Offline
14 point
Montgomery
While there are already hundreds of gun laws and regulations on the books, state and federal, most people, especially the Bolshevik liberals don't know what they are - and don't care. And they are using the millennial snowflake students to manipulate the situation.

Current state and federal laws ban/forbid gun possession by the mentally ill.
The problem is that there has never been any real enforcement of that law, and no structure in place to do so.
The Virginia Tech shooting made that very clear. So did the Sandy Hook and Colorado theater shootings.

Any proposed law in Congress should not go beyond the mental illness issue of gun ownership.
And even that can be abused eventually, as it is a fact of contemporary history that most atheist liberals today consider any kind of religious belief to be a mental disorder, especially Christianity.

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

" Chuck Sykes is a dictator control freak like Vladimir Putin " WmHunter

Re: Republicans will pass gun control [Re: hallb] #2412600
02/19/18 03:56 PM
02/19/18 03:56 PM
Mobile, AL
S
SouthBamaSlayer Offline
Gary's Fluffer
SouthBamaSlayer  Offline
Gary's Fluffer
S
Mobile, AL
Originally Posted by Skullworks

How does that avoid it? The receiver is what has the serial number and requires the background check??

80% lowers don't have serial numbers.

Interesting, so, what in order to make them legal are you supposed to somehow call and get a serial number or something? Is it an illegal gun until it has a serial on it?

Nope, you just machine them into a completed lower.

Re: Republicans will pass gun control [Re: Remington270] #2412606
02/19/18 04:02 PM
02/19/18 04:02 PM
Hoover
F
Fattyfireplug Offline
Booner
Fattyfireplug  Offline
Booner
F
Hoover
Democrat, Republican, I don't care who they are. They are after your rights. Not just gun control, all of your rights. Keep voting for the same types and you'll get the same results.

Character is not developed in moments of temptation and trial. That is when it is intended to be used.
Re: Republicans will pass gun control [Re: hallb] #2412607
02/19/18 04:03 PM
02/19/18 04:03 PM
Eastbound and Down
dead_eye Offline
8 point
dead_eye  Offline
8 point
Eastbound and Down

The lower is 80% complete. It doesn't need a serial number since it isn't complete.

You finish it on your own with a drill press. Can't resale it or make one for a buddy.

Re: Republicans will pass gun control [Re: Remington270] #2412622
02/19/18 04:15 PM
02/19/18 04:15 PM
AL
J
jhardy Online content
6 point
jhardy  Online Content
6 point
J
AL
Bill said "You're all entitled to your opinions even if you're wrong."

Yes, we have all been wrong this entire time. Only if we would listen to you. Bill knows what everyone should vote for and how the entire world should run. You been spewing that same crap for months. Maybe you should run for a position since we are all wrong. You indicate that that some of us are devoted to a party, yes you said that here "I do find it comical how devoted some are to a party that couldn't care less if you breathe your last breath today but will attack like minded people who would likely help you if you needed it." Show me where I am devoted to a party. Show me my my voting record. Show me any proof of anything you say about "us". Until then, you remain the little chihauha in the corner barking really loudly for attention while everyone goes about their business of making things happen.

Posted from a complete independent conservative christian who is 100% any additional form of gun control and would like current gun control rolled back, who doesn't let anyone "tell" him who to vote for, but looks at the real issues and develops his opinion and votes consistently in every election.

Re: Republicans will pass gun control [Re: Remington270] #2412624
02/19/18 04:17 PM
02/19/18 04:17 PM
Behind you
Avengedsevenfold Offline
10 point
Avengedsevenfold  Offline
10 point
Behind you
I try to stay out of political topics (cause politics is one of four areas that a seemingly normal person can instantly illuminate the fact that they are indeed NOT normal and are in reality idiots)....but this time, I cannot.

Am I the only person who sees that the LAST mentally unstable people give a crap about are LAWS??

If gubmint wants to do something about the rash of school shootings...how about the following:

1) have local police recognize when there have been THIRTY SIX calls placed to 911 on a single residence in the last couple of years...Houston, you have a problem.

2) have the FBI get there schitt together. They got warned not once but TWICE about the shooter being unstable and dangerously suited towards SHOOTING A SCHOOL up...

3) have more stringent guidelines for your state employees who are supposedly "mental Heath professionals" who deemed Cruz "not a threat to himself or anyone else"...well that certainly wasn't accurate

4) create more hospitals and treatment facilities for all of the mentally unstable individuals that we have in this country. Slinging a script at them and wishing them well clearly isn't working.

5) use some of all this money we all pay in taxes to put an armed police officer at each and every school in the country.

There are bigger problems in this country than gun control

Carrying a gun isn't comfortable; but at times it is comforting

"Cause the cause for the pause you think you see is really concentration on the steel” NonPoint
Re: Republicans will pass gun control [Re: Fattyfireplug] #2412648
02/19/18 04:34 PM
02/19/18 04:34 PM
Alabama
TGbow Offline
6 point
TGbow  Offline
6 point
Alabama
Originally Posted by Fattyfireplug
Democrat, Republican, I don't care who they are. They are after your rights. Not just gun control, all of your rights. Keep voting for the same types and you'll get the same results.

That's it in a nutshell.

Re: Republicans will pass gun control [Re: dead_eye] #2412654
02/19/18 04:37 PM
02/19/18 04:37 PM
Santa Rosa/Conecuh
hallb Offline
Booner
hallb  Offline
Booner
Santa Rosa/Conecuh
Originally Posted by dead_eye

The lower is 80% complete. It doesn't need a serial number since it isn't complete.

You finish it on your own with a drill press. Can't resale it or make one for a buddy.

I get it, so it's just the receiver that's actually 80% complete, not the whole lower. You have to drill all the holes, etc to mil-spec yourself.

Re: Republicans will pass gun control [Re: Remington270] #2412668
02/19/18 04:42 PM
02/19/18 04:42 PM
Meridianville
DryFire Offline
14 point
DryFire  Offline
14 point
Meridianville
The background check. If the liberals can argue that having a damn driver's license is a legitimate burden on voting, I fail to see how a background check (and also waiting periods) isn't also a burden. Of course it is. Do we need background checks for ammo too? No big deal, right?

The background check is to ensure you didn't lie on the 4473 form. Pass and you can take possession of the weapon. No infringement of your rights occurred. In most states, waiting periods are waived if you have a valid conceal carry license. What I don't favor are required background checks where I have to pay an FFL $25 to perform the search if I am selling privately. Make it a public database.

Re: Republicans will pass gun control [Re: hallb] #2412670
02/19/18 04:45 PM
02/19/18 04:45 PM
Eastbound and Down
dead_eye Offline
8 point
dead_eye  Offline
8 point
Eastbound and Down

I get it, so it's just the receiver that's actually 80% complete, not the whole lower. You have to drill all the holes, etc to mil-spec yourself.

Youre correct. You can purchase JIGS that fit different lowers, 1911's etc to make it easier.

https://www.80percentarms.com/collections/lower-jigs

Re: Republicans will pass gun control [Re: dead_eye] #2412673
02/19/18 04:46 PM
02/19/18 04:46 PM
Meridianville
DryFire Offline
14 point
DryFire  Offline
14 point
Meridianville
[The lower is 80% complete. It doesn't need a serial number since it isn't complete.

As long as it is your personal weapon, no serial # is required. If it ever leaves your possession (sold, gifted, or inherited), a serial number must be obtained from the BATF and stamped on the gun as required by federal law. I think you must keep the paperwork proving you are the original owner of the 80% lower as well. LEO's frown upon weapons with no serial number.

Re: Republicans will pass gun control [Re: Avengedsevenfold] #2412792
02/19/18 06:43 PM
02/19/18 06:43 PM
Gee's Bend/At The Hog Pen
James Offline
Freak of Nature
James  Offline
Freak of Nature
Gee's Bend/At The Hog Pen
Originally Posted by Avengedsevenfold
I try to stay out of political topics (cause politics is one of four areas that a seemingly normal person can instantly illuminate the fact that they are indeed NOT normal and are in reality idiots)....but this time, I cannot.

Am I the only person who sees that the LAST mentally unstable people give a crap about are LAWS??

If gubmint wants to do something about the rash of school shootings...how about the following:

1) have local police recognize when there have been THIRTY SIX calls placed to 911 on a single residence in the last couple of years...Houston, you have a problem.

2) have the FBI get there schitt together. They got warned not once but TWICE about the shooter being unstable and dangerously suited towards SHOOTING A SCHOOL up...

3) have more stringent guidelines for your state employees who are supposedly "mental Heath professionals" who deemed Cruz "not a threat to himself or anyone else"...well that certainly wasn't accurate

4) create more hospitals and treatment facilities for all of the mentally unstable individuals that we have in this country. Slinging a script at them and wishing them well clearly isn't working.

5) use some of all this money we all pay in taxes to put an armed police officer at each and every school in the country.

There are bigger problems in this country than gun control

Hell remember the Gun store owner called the FBI on the douche bag that ended up shooting up the nightclub in Florida. Lot of places wouldn't have done that (apparently it wouldn't have mattered) but he did, and still got no results...

How many people am i willing to sacrifice for freedom?
Everyone. All of them...

Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!

Re: Republicans will pass gun control [Re: Remington270] #2412872
02/19/18 07:51 PM
02/19/18 07:51 PM
northport
deadeye48 Online content
Booner
deadeye48  Online Content
Booner
northport
How is SEE something SAY something supposed to work if the ones we're saying to what we saw aren't listening?? Now we're seeing the results of dropping the ball by the feds and local pd's by wanting to punish everyone for one persons actions that very well could've been stopped beforehand. New laws wont stop the next shooting because the firearm is already in the shooters possession . The only thing that will stop them is a good guy with a gun

When I need expert advice I tend to talk to myself
The older I get the better I used to be
Re: Republicans will pass gun control [Re: hallb] #2412898
02/19/18 08:07 PM
02/19/18 08:07 PM
Shelby Co, AL
CatHeadBiscuit Offline
14 point
CatHeadBiscuit  Offline
14 point
Shelby Co, AL

There is no serial number on an 80% lower you complete yourself and no need for an FFL to do so. Just you can’t transfer the lower you built. But you can transfer all other parts to a relative that completes their own 80% lower without any FFL involved

Last edited by CatHeadBiscuit; 02/19/18 08:08 PM.

"Arguing on the internet is like playing chess with a pigeon. You may be good at chess, but the pigeon is just going to knock all the pieces down, take a crap on the table, and strut around like its victorious."--Anonymous
Re: Republicans will pass gun control [Re: Avengedsevenfold] #2412925
02/19/18 08:22 PM
02/19/18 08:22 PM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there
Originally Posted by Avengedsevenfold

Funding for mental health facilities has been slashed by legislatures in almost all states.

It's one area where "we want less government" is being implemented. The judicial system also has issues with this when it has mentally ill inmates who need psych treatment but cannot get said inmate into a psych facility due to lack of beds. Overcrowded in the few, existing psych facilities along with overcrowded jails and prisons. So the mentally ill inmate has to stay in the jail or prison.

It's a long story, but this is an example of that situation:

https://features.propublica.org/tyl...tal-health-evaluations-criminal-justice/

But I agree with you. The mental health situation in the U.S. is a serious problem.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.