Originally Posted by AU_trout_bum
Originally Posted by Irishguy
Originally Posted by Skinny
A lot of the Hyundai Koreans here in Luverne have started making collard kimchi instead of cabbage kimchi and that is some dang good tasting stuff. Cabbage dont grow good down here but Collards do so they figured it out.

I read that famous chef's blog the other day and he was making Kimchi with collards. Mrs. Irish and I are going to do it. It sounds good.

There's a place in Atlanta, if you're ever in the area you should visit, called Heirloom Market BBQ. Husband and wife team, where the husband is american and wife korean and they fused the two into the BBQ restaurant. They have some green tomato kimchi that is out of this world. The BBQ is phenomenal with their gochujang (spelling?) sauce.

Damn you for making me start thinking about green tomato Kimchi. I'm going to have to make some now.

My buddy a couple of years ago had all of these cherry tomatoes in his garden. He called me one night, knowing that we loved to cook, and ask "Hey, do you know how to make something out of a bunch of green cherry tomatoes, because they are going to freeze tonight if I don't pick them?" I said, "sure!"

Well the next day he brought several Walmart bags full of them and that weekend Mrs. Irish made and canned a mess of green tomato relish. We ate a bunch of it and gave a bunch to friends and family. People still talk about that green tomato relish. That stuff was really good.