</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Mission SUB 1 XR Trade or Sale
by AL18. 04/28/24 10:36 AM
ISO gas golf cart
by Paint Rock 00. 04/27/24 06:55 PM
Taylormade irons and Ping 3W
by BamaBoHunter. 04/27/24 12:40 PM
.22 LR ammo for sale
by Rem870s2. 04/27/24 10:05 AM
ISO .22 pistol.
by hippi. 04/27/24 06:07 AM
Serious Deer Talk
Forever wild gun regs.
by N2TRKYS. 04/28/24 01:25 PM
Kansas draw
by Hunter454. 04/27/24 06:05 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by Squeaky. 04/26/24 12:07 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Who's Online Now
159 registered members (doc bar, Bulls eye, Daniel4191, curt99rsv, BhamFred, mzzy, DuckDown11, deadeye48, AlabamaSwamper, S_Dubs, Whild_Bill, Forrestgump1, Ben Ward, RareBreed, Floorman1, booner, Rebelhunter_21, antlerhunter, jake44, Lhop13, goodman_hunter, Rmart30, Gobble4me757, dirtwrk, coachg34, GHTiger10, Troutgreen, Red Fox, BigA47, NonTypical, G/H, MikeP, kyles, AUjerbear, CAL, knock him down, HURRICANE, TexasHuntress, sj22, bug54, mashburn, Mbrock, outdoorguy88, BC_Reb, JCL, Softailrider00, Duck, mcninja, Bigwhitey, Bustinbeards, Young20, Elba thermal, blade, CNC, Dixiepatriot, BCD, BCLC, Chaser357, Scdoghunter667, ColeT, Tupi, Mansfield, roll_tide_hunts, Offshore, MarksOutdoors, Mhkodiak, Aldecks1, Longtine, foldemup, jprice, cullbuck, ridgestalker, 300gr, AUHoss79, BrandonClark, GomerPyle, FreeStateHunter, woodduck, Ron A., Jmfire722, hallb, sawdust, JohnG, TideWJO, misfire, YellaLineHunter, Cuz-Pat, AU coonhunter, scrape, MattIce, Ben2, BigEd, C3SEAST, Paint Rock 00, DGAMBLER, Oscarflytyer, BamaFan64, Raven, claybird, fur_n_feathers, CeeHawk37, Jwbfx4, Chiller, Sgiles, 7x57_Mauser, Jstocks, Narrow Gap, Thread Killer, JustHunt, Squadron77, mossyback, Ridge Life, BamaBoHunter, Deerslayer33, headshot, DoeMaster, jhardy, chevydude2015, AUdeerhunter, Woodsy, BobK, seapro19, gman, Claims Rep., Stacey, gobbler, trailertrash, ALScott, WINMAG300, wk2hnt, Remington270, jw706, Bowfish, crenshawco, dirkdaddy, Cutem, canichols424, Andalusia, Shmoe, Koba, COOTER, Woody1, geeb1, burbank, 15 invisible), 943 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Road rage in Mobile [Re: soalaturkeys] #2299474
11/20/17 06:05 AM
11/20/17 06:05 AM
Pike County, AL
Fuzzy_Bunny Offline
Booner
Fuzzy_Bunny  Offline
Booner
Pike County, AL
Yep. Have an argument with a guy, then follow him and ultimately box him in and then threaten his life, he seems pretty well justified to protect himself to me too.

Re: Road rage in Mobile [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #2299479
11/20/17 06:09 AM
11/20/17 06:09 AM
Arab/Stevenson AL
Recurve Offline
10 point
Recurve  Offline
10 point
Arab/Stevenson AL
Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted By: Recurve
Drivers education is severely lacking these days. I mean people are just bad drivers nowadays and you combine that with people unable to control their anger and you have situations like this. I had a lady today cut me off in front of Raceway in Guntersville. I was in the left lane and she cut right in between me and the car in front of me only to merge right into the turning lane. Wasn’t a car behind me for 200 yards so all she had to do was slow down a little and merge behind me. Not trying to hijack your thread. My only point is people get behind the wheel of a car and lose all common sense either just driving terrible or losing control getting mad at those drivers.

As one of my uncles used to say, "it shorely nuff is the truth."

Drivers get worse every year. There is an increasing number who wanna tailgate me but refuse to pass, even when I slow way up so they can. I had a guy tailgating me this week that stayed right on my bumper no matter how fast I went. I hit a long stretch of open road and he still wouldn't pass. Slowed down to 20 and he still wouldn't pass. I decided to see how fast my truck would run and he stayed right on my bumper.

It had gone from annoyance to concern by that point, but he finally turned off behind me. I have no idea why he did that. He looked like a working man and was driving a one ton. Probably on something.

Preacher the world has gotten crazier so you never know what people are going to do. I’ve had people do that to me and I am a pretty fast driver. I don’t drive like a bat out of torment but I’m pretty much 10 over the posted speed everywhere I go. I’m convinced there are some people you either you can’t ever drive fast enough for or people just get in the car mad. Sounds like that’s what was going on with him. Another one for me is pulling to the left side of the median. I’ve gotten to where when they do and it’s a car I just sit there. “Oh, you can’t see? You could if you pulled to the right side of the median.” I don’t know the statistics but it wouldn’t surprise me if road rage incidents aren’t at an all-time high. We had some redneck guy follow me and my wife into Burger King one afternoon a couple years back. He had cut in front of me and slowed down in the right lane so I went around him. The way he merged in front of me and slowed down it was almost like he was trying to get me to rear end him. After I went around him we pulled into BK and he followed us in, pulled passed us a few spaces and got out pointing at me with his other hand in his pockets. He looked like a knucklehead so I told my wife to stay in the truck and call the police. I got out and had my gun on my waist so I cut him off mid cuss word with my hand around my back and told him “if you take one more step I’m going to drop you.” I didn’t know what he had in his pocket at the time, all I knew is he looked like he was on meth and I had my wife in the car so I was in protect mode. Anyway, when I said that he just turned around and drove off. Police ended up coming and had a well-established relationship with the guy. They stopped him a few miles away with drugs in his car and a knife in his pocket. I don’t know that anything would’ve happened had I not had a gun or at least communicated with him with my hand around my waist that I had one. Suffice it to say, I don’t go anywhere without it now. I don’t care who you are, it’s a scary situation when you get to the point you’re about to draw a gun on somebody.

I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There�s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts. � Ronald Reagan
Re: Road rage in Mobile [Re: BhamFred] #2299485
11/20/17 06:12 AM
11/20/17 06:12 AM
Sylacauga, AL
poorcountrypreacher Offline
Booner
poorcountrypreacher  Offline
Booner
Sylacauga, AL
Originally Posted By: BhamFred
PCP, years ago I was driving down 459 and the road was damn near empty of traffic. A car came up behind me going at least 20mph faster than I was, got on my azz and STAYED THERE. I sped up, slowed down, sped up, gave him the finger, slowed down. NOTHING but ride my azz. No traffic so I just stopped dead in the right lane. The dumb azz stopped behind me until I opened my door, then took off around me. I have no idea what his problem was.

I have a good friend that will run up behind a slower car on the Interstate and slow to their speed and stay behind them till I get on his ass to pass em.!!!!! He ain't tailgating but it drives me nuts.

You never know what people are thinking or doing when they drive like that, but I really hate to be tailgated when the other car has ample opportunity to pass. I thought for sure the guy the other day would pass when I slowed to 20 with a wide open road ahead, but he didn't. Then I thought for sure I could leave him when I got to, er, let's just call it pretty fast. When he got right up there with me I started thinking he was after me for some reason, and was thankful I was armed. I was glad to see him turn off behind me.

I can only guess, but I think he was on something and didn't feel competent enough to pass so he had just decided to follow the vehicle in front.

I once had another one do me the same way and I did like you mentioned and just came to a complete stop in the road. After sitting there a few seconds, the car finally went around me and it was a teenager girl. Her parents had probably given her orders to never pass anyone, but forgot to tell her not to tailgate people. I felt bad about stopping after seeing who it was, and decided I would just pull off the road instead of stopping in it. I have pulled off to let tailgaters by several times since.

As an aside, it is really hard to keep my new truck from exceeding the speed limit. It seems to have a mind of its own and wants to go fast. I have often bragged that I've never paid a speeding ticket, but I am struggling with this truck.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.
Re: Road rage in Mobile [Re: soalaturkeys] #2299496
11/20/17 06:17 AM
11/20/17 06:17 AM
Shelby Co, AL
CatHeadBiscuit Offline
14 point
CatHeadBiscuit  Offline
14 point
Shelby Co, AL
I generally only use the rear view mirror for two things. The main one is if I am backing up. The other is If there’s a siren. So I am oblivious to getting tail gated. If you’re not first you’re last! Can’t see deer in the woods using the mirror.

But that scene is tragic. He shouldn’t have hit the kid and dad shouldn’t have pointed a gun at him after the fact.

Last edited by CatHeadBiscuit; 11/20/17 06:19 AM.

"Arguing on the internet is like playing chess with a pigeon. You may be good at chess, but the pigeon is just going to knock all the pieces down, take a crap on the table, and strut around like its victorious."--Anonymous
Re: Road rage in Mobile [Re: CatHeadBiscuit] #2299512
11/20/17 06:34 AM
11/20/17 06:34 AM
Sylacauga, AL
poorcountrypreacher Offline
Booner
poorcountrypreacher  Offline
Booner
Sylacauga, AL
Originally Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit
I generally only use the rear view mirror for two things. The main one is if I am backing up. The other is If there’s a siren. So I am oblivious to getting tail gated. If you’re not first you’re last! Can’t see deer in the woods using the mirror.

So you must be the guy that drives 40 on Hwy 22 between Clanton and Maplesville and is always leading a parade of about 20 cars that can't pass?

I always thought someone must be paying you, but it turns out you don't even know we are all behind you. Live and learn. smile

When I took Drivers Ed they told us to check the mirror every five seconds and always be aware of what is behind you. I guess that is obsolete.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.
Re: Road rage in Mobile [Re: soalaturkeys] #2299538
11/20/17 06:47 AM
11/20/17 06:47 AM
AL
H
hunterbuck Offline
Booner
hunterbuck  Offline
Booner
H
AL
What kind of driving techniques/speeds would it have taken to have gotten two additional vehicles (1) alerted to the situation (2) rolling, and (3) into position to intercept the shooter....all within 10-15 minutes?

Given what I've read about the situation, I would find it hard to indict a guy who was cornered in that fashion. Call the cops, follow at a safe distance...*if* possible to do so safely...and let the cops do their job when they intercept the guy's vehicle. This vigilante crap just isn't safe. What were their intentions once they got the guy stopped after boxing him in?

"You think I care? Roll Damn Tide"

Have you tried Google?
Re: Road rage in Mobile [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #2299755
11/20/17 10:29 AM
11/20/17 10:29 AM
Shelby Co, AL
CatHeadBiscuit Offline
14 point
CatHeadBiscuit  Offline
14 point
Shelby Co, AL
Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit

So you must be the guy that drives 40 on Hwy 22 between Clanton and Maplesville and is always leading a parade of about 20 cars that can't pass?

I always thought someone must be paying you, but it turns out you don't even know we are all behind you. Live and learn. smile

When I took Drivers Ed they told us to check the mirror every five seconds and always be aware of what is behind you. I guess that is obsolete.

Nope not me. I’ll drive the speed limit. If something is worth seeing twice I’ll turn around and go back. The stuff in the middle mirror isn’t generally very interesting unless it comes with flashing colored lights.

"Arguing on the internet is like playing chess with a pigeon. You may be good at chess, but the pigeon is just going to knock all the pieces down, take a crap on the table, and strut around like its victorious."--Anonymous
Re: Road rage in Mobile [Re: CatHeadBiscuit] #2299789
11/20/17 10:56 AM
11/20/17 10:56 AM
Guntersville, AL
IDOT Online happy
I am Cornholio
IDOT  Online Happy
I am Cornholio
Guntersville, AL
Whew...tough one here. Frankly, the kids should've got the tag and backed off. Sounds like a lot of guns came out via folks thinking in anger not logic.Guns, anger and strangers all equal bad stuff. All parties need to be charged with something imo.

Originally Posted by Patricia Heaton
If you’re a common sense person, you probably don’t feel you have a home in this world right now. If you’re a Christian, you know you were never meant to.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.