</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
PTO Tiller Trade?
by Uokman2014. 05/03/24 05:37 PM
410 and 357 Mag ammo
by Turkeyneck78. 05/03/24 01:13 PM
280 rds 30-06 M2 Ball in Garand clips
by Turkeyneck78. 05/03/24 12:44 PM
45/70 Brass and bullets
by murf205. 05/03/24 10:26 AM
Sako Finnlite with scope
by Sully. 05/02/24 09:25 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 05/03/24 05:57 AM
Velvet
by swamp_fever2002. 05/02/24 06:48 PM
Forever wild gun regs.
by Frankie. 05/01/24 03:42 PM
Kansas draw
by booner. 05/01/24 02:56 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by demp17. 04/30/24 05:51 AM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Need dozer work. Cullman area
by Trecker1. 05/02/24 02:33 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Who's Online Now
104 registered members (CNC, BCD, DGAMBLER, mw2015, ALMODUX, cullbuck, ridgestalker, hayman, hue, cartervj, Swamp Monkey, DPD, Ridge Life, kaferhaus, chevydude2015, Ryano, Rainbowstew, thayerp81, BPI, Okatuppa, Turkeyneck78, jeffhhub, Young20, Floorman1, Bronco 74, blade, lectrode, Bruno, Cactus_buck, Dixiepatriot, Uokman2014, GomerPyle, mathews prostaff, stuball, Fishduck, woodduck, BCLC, Chiller, Bows4evr, jmj120, AustinC, top cat, kodiak06, wareagle22, Rooster600, scrubbuck, twaldrop4, low wall, CouchNapper, zwick, GHTiger10, kpswihart, Andalusia, XVIII, 3bailey3, JohnG, TDog93, AUjerbear, Chancetribe, Jweeks, MarksOutdoors, dirkdaddy, Big Al, centralala, m97, Wildboar14, Ben2, hunterturf, auwild, Dubie, Chaser357, Hunter454, booner, TwoRs, hallb, NotsoBright, Beer Belly, nate409, KnightRyder, CrappieMan, 3Gs, gobblebox, need2hunt, CeeHawk37, mashburn, UARandy3, Big AL 76, deerman24, Prohunter3509, Herdbull, desertdog, BigA47, 12 invisible), 816 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Re: The Ark? [Re: ikillbux] #2231202
09/19/17 02:55 PM
09/19/17 02:55 PM
Mobile, AL
S
SouthBamaSlayer Offline
Gary's Fluffer
SouthBamaSlayer  Offline
Gary's Fluffer
S
Mobile, AL

Originally Posted By: ikillbux
Originally Posted By: FurFlyin
The only thing that concerns me about the Ark recreation and the young earth theory is that a few of the people that I know and go to church with that fully believe it, are so adamant about it that one in particular throws out sayings such as: "if you don't believe that the Creation event happened in 6 literal days, what other parts of the Bible do you not believe?" It's that type of "my way" thinking that drives wedges between believers. IMO, there is no place for that in Christianity. There's already a dump truck full of wedges that get driven between believers of different denominations, we don't need more. Like you, my faith isn't based on the Creation event, it's based on the Cross.

Fur, I want you to hear me saying this with a humorous tone of voice (I'm not jabbing at you), but that's what I call "Rodney King Christianity"....can't we all just get along? It isn't a matter of getting along, or I think what I want to say is I will subordinate getting along to being doctrinally sound. Guys, there are some things that are mysteries, and some things that aren't. The creation account is NOT a mystery, it isn't even remotely a debatable topic, and that's why this is such a big deal. There has never been a reason FROM SCRIPTURE for any man to even think it meant something other than a literal single day. This debate is ALWAYS and ONLY an attack on scripture, and (if I make no other point ever again on this site) you do not know God or His gospel without scripture. If it's common to twist the portion of scripture regarding the creation, then what makes you think you don't believe a twisted understanding of "the gospel"? Things that are mysteries are things that aren't in scripture. For example, what does Jesus look like? Should we do contemporary or traditional music? See where I'm going? It's not about the dogma of my opinion, it's very much like Martin Luther risking his very life to correct the theology of the mainstream church in that day. Actual scriptural accounts aren't matters of opinion, they are matters of theology, and (like I've been saying) a lack of theology will be the indictment of our generation. If it takes me (lovingly) disagreeing with others to defend scripture, then I must do so. Doctrine does divide, it's intent is to do so (like a two edged sword). Scripture is as clear about the literal 6-day creation as it is that we no longer need a mediator priest.

You know, oddly, I am far more tolerant of someone who is confident about wrong theology than I am someone who doesn't believe it matters. And I really bristle at the "there are just some things we can't know" remark. This usually comes from that person who just isn't interested in theology. There are innumerable answers in scripture, but we are so theology-averse today that we wouldn't know otherwise.

Question for you. If the creation timeline is absolutely not debatable, you believe in a 6 day creation, correct? If so, why is there absolutely no scientific evidence that man and dinosaur roamed the earth together?

Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2231213
09/19/17 03:05 PM
09/19/17 03:05 PM
Smith Lake
300Ruger Offline
10 point
300Ruger  Offline
10 point
Smith Lake
My Jesus didn't need to do magic tricks to convince me that his message was true. If you can't find electricity in the Bible, it must must not exist. Same as some off reference to a big lizard or something means dino's and humans coexisted. Skip the magic and get the message. Good grief.

Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2231524
09/19/17 05:37 PM
09/19/17 05:37 PM
Huntsville
B
buckbrush Offline
10 point
buckbrush  Offline
10 point
B
Huntsville
Clarence Larkin books I think a few of y'all would really enjoy them. He backs all his opinions with scripture but makes sure you know they are his opinions and not gospel. He covers the Bible from front to back up and down. I would recommend his book on Genesis, Daniel, Revelation and the spirit world.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke
Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2231527
09/19/17 05:38 PM
09/19/17 05:38 PM
Huntsville
B
buckbrush Offline
10 point
buckbrush  Offline
10 point
B
Huntsville
He also explains carbon dating and how it holds up to the Bible or falls short.

Edmund Burke
Re: The Ark? [Re: buckbrush] #2231537
09/19/17 05:46 PM
09/19/17 05:46 PM
Smith Lake
300Ruger Offline
10 point
300Ruger  Offline
10 point
Smith Lake
Originally Posted By: buckbrush

They don't use carbon dating on stuff that is really old. There are better elements with longer half-lives. Much more accurate than...magic stuff.

Re: The Ark? [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #2231538
09/19/17 05:49 PM
09/19/17 05:49 PM
Chelsea, AL
straycat Offline
Old Mossy Horns
straycat  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Chelsea, AL
Originally Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

The only thing that concerns me about the Ark recreation and the young earth theory is that a few of the people that I know and go to church with that fully believe it, are so adamant about it that one in particular throws out sayings such as: "if you don't believe that the Creation event happened in 6 literal days, what other parts of the Bible do you not believe?" It's that type of "my way" thinking that drives wedges between believers. IMO, there is no place for that in Christianity. There's already a dump truck full of wedges that get driven between believers of different denominations, we don't need more. Like you, my faith isn't based on the Creation event, it's based on the Cross.

Fur, I want you to hear me saying this with a humorous tone of voice (I'm not jabbing at you), but that's what I call "Rodney King Christianity"....can't we all just get along? It isn't a matter of getting along, or I think what I want to say is I will subordinate getting along to being doctrinally sound. Guys, there are some things that are mysteries, and some things that aren't. The creation account is NOT a mystery, it isn't even remotely a debatable topic, and that's why this is such a big deal. There has never been a reason FROM SCRIPTURE for any man to even think it meant something other than a literal single day. This debate is ALWAYS and ONLY an attack on scripture, and (if I make no other point ever again on this site) you do not know God or His gospel without scripture. If it's common to twist the portion of scripture regarding the creation, then what makes you think you don't believe a twisted understanding of "the gospel"? Things that are mysteries are things that aren't in scripture. For example, what does Jesus look like? Should we do contemporary or traditional music? See where I'm going? It's not about the dogma of my opinion, it's very much like Martin Luther risking his very life to correct the theology of the mainstream church in that day. Actual scriptural accounts aren't matters of opinion, they are matters of theology, and (like I've been saying) a lack of theology will be the indictment of our generation. If it takes me (lovingly) disagreeing with others to defend scripture, then I must do so. Doctrine does divide, it's intent is to do so (like a two edged sword). Scripture is as clear about the literal 6-day creation as it is that we no longer need a mediator priest.

You know, oddly, I am far more tolerant of someone who is confident about wrong theology than I am someone who doesn't believe it matters. And I really bristle at the "there are just some things we can't know" remark. This usually comes from that person who just isn't interested in theology. There are innumerable answers in scripture, but we are so theology-averse today that we wouldn't know otherwise.

Question for you. If the creation timeline is absolutely not debatable, you believe in a 6 day creation, correct? If so, why is there absolutely no scientific evidence that man and dinosaur roamed the earth together?

SBS, be careful not to accidentally fall into a logical fallacy...

"Absence of evidence does not necessarily mean evidence of absence".

Last edited by straycat; 09/19/17 05:50 PM.

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.� Samuel Adams
Re: The Ark? [Re: 300Ruger] #2231549
09/19/17 06:03 PM
09/19/17 06:03 PM
Huntsville
B
buckbrush Offline
10 point
buckbrush  Offline
10 point
B
Huntsville

Originally Posted By: 300Ruger

They don't use carbon dating on stuff that is really old. There are better elements with longer half-lives. Much more accurate than...magic stuff.

300ruger he explains that read his books.

Edmund Burke
Re: The Ark? [Re: ikillbux] #2231554
09/19/17 06:06 PM
09/19/17 06:06 PM
Sylacauga, AL
poorcountrypreacher Offline
Booner
poorcountrypreacher  Offline
Booner
Sylacauga, AL

With that same humorous voice, I would argue that there is far, far more scriptural evidence for the idea that Jesus died for the sins of the world than there is for 24 hr days in Genesis 1. And yet you believe that Christ died only for the elect. I very seriously doubt that you reached that idea by simply reading the Bible - it was taught to you by another person. That's because it is entirely a man-made system that falls apart when held to the Light of the Word.

Sola scriptura? Get back to me after reading 1John 2:2. wink

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.
Re: The Ark? [Re: buckbrush] #2231557
09/19/17 06:09 PM
09/19/17 06:09 PM
Smith Lake
300Ruger Offline
10 point
300Ruger  Offline
10 point
Smith Lake

300ruger he explains that read his books.

My bad. I missed that part. rolleyes

Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2231560
09/19/17 06:13 PM
09/19/17 06:13 PM
Pikes Peak
J
JDR4Bama Offline
Chit Show Connoisseur
JDR4Bama  Offline
Chit Show Connoisseur
J
Pikes Peak
I struggle to understand the logic behind "if you don't read the written word and understand it's meaning the way I do, then you are wrong" argument. IMO, that's at the very essence of what is destroying Christianity.

We've seen proposed evidence of flying dinosaurs pretty recently as proof of a theory. If someone is wiling to lean on that type of evidence, then how can we honestly use another's belief as a way to condemn another's perspective - one who is perhaps likely more rational.

IMO, interpretation of the Bible is pretty loose. To say that if you don't believe the way I do then you are wrong is pretty awful and ignorant. It is an assumption that you know more than I or that you are enlightened more than anyone else could possibly be...

Humility is a great attribute. Being open to other's ideas and opinions is a good thing for many reasons.

I don't buy the man walking with dinosaurs or folks living before Adam. But I'm ok with reading about another person's beliefs. If anything, I'm better for being able to consider their perspective.

Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2231562
09/19/17 06:14 PM
09/19/17 06:14 PM
Pikes Peak
J
JDR4Bama Offline
Chit Show Connoisseur
JDR4Bama  Offline
Chit Show Connoisseur
J
Pikes Peak
Honestly there are some fringe beliefs in this thread. Not that it is wrong, but it is definitely not mainstream.

Re: The Ark? [Re: JDR4Bama] #2231565
09/19/17 06:19 PM
09/19/17 06:19 PM
Smith Lake
300Ruger Offline
10 point
300Ruger  Offline
10 point
Smith Lake
Originally Posted By: JDR4Bama
Honestly there are some fringe beliefs in this thread. Not that it is wrong, but it is definitely not mainstream.

Very gracious response to some seriously bat chit posts.

Re: The Ark? [Re: 300Ruger] #2231569
09/19/17 06:30 PM
09/19/17 06:30 PM
Pikes Peak
J
JDR4Bama Offline
Chit Show Connoisseur
JDR4Bama  Offline
Chit Show Connoisseur
J
Pikes Peak

I don't see how we can all move forward with our understanding with insulting posts. I'm open to anyone's perspective if it might help me see the truth.

Re: The Ark? [Re: JDR4Bama] #2231574
09/19/17 06:45 PM
09/19/17 06:45 PM
Smith Lake
300Ruger Offline
10 point
300Ruger  Offline
10 point
Smith Lake

I don't see how we can all move forward with our understanding with insulting posts. I'm open to anyone's perspective if it might help me see the truth.

I'm certainly not insulting anyone that brings facts to the table. The theological leaps that have been taken in some of these posts are really on the verge of Scientology. Lack of information in the Bible does not equal "completely different reality". Supposition is not fact or faith.

Re: The Ark? [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #2231654
09/20/17 02:13 AM
09/20/17 02:13 AM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL
Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

With that same humorous voice, I would argue that there is far, far more scriptural evidence for the idea that Jesus died for the sins of the world than there is for 24 hr days in Genesis 1. And yet you believe that Christ died only for the elect. I very seriously doubt that you reached that idea by simply reading the Bible - it was taught to you by another person. That's because it is entirely a man-made system that falls apart when held to the Light of the Word.

PCP, you know that we could both boldy go back and forth on this all day and never convince the other. The funny thing is I accuse the "Arminian" believers of doing the same thing ("there's no way you got that from the Bible, you are regurgitating the only thing you've ever heard preachers say") grin

Last edited by ikillbux; 09/20/17 02:18 AM.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.
Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2231700
09/20/17 03:11 AM
09/20/17 03:11 AM
Awbarn, AL
CNC Online content
Dances With Weeds
CNC  Online Content
Dances With Weeds
Awbarn, AL
Here’s my perspective…….I think our knowledge of the universe and our existence is about the equivalent of a speck of sand on a beach. Our voyage into space would be a good comparison. We make it to the moon or to Mars and celebrate how “enlightened” we’ve become……yet we haven’t really even made it off the starting line. We’ve barely scratched the surface. I think its about the same with our knowledge of some of the topics being discussed.

I can’t help but to look back across time and at all the different things man has believed with the same conviction…….and of all those people who have ever lived and have ever believed this or that……and you’re telling me that we are the ones who finally have it right??? Not just generally right either…..but down to the finer details??…..Take the individual beliefs out of it and just use math for a minute…..that's pretty big odds. Don’t you think we may be giving ourselves just a wee bit too much credit for being the most enlightened people to have ever lived? To have such strong conviction that you are completely right almost seems like its lacking any humility of the true meagerness of our knowledge. I think God probably just chuckles at us at what we “know”. I think its so meager that it becomes silly to even be arguing over some of these finer details like in this thread. To me, the more people argue back and forth over what they know…..the more apparent it becomes just how much we really don’t know…..Most of it’s just opinions or what someone “believes”.

Last edited by CNC; 09/20/17 03:13 AM.

We dont rent pigs
Re: The Ark? [Re: ikillbux] #2231710
09/20/17 03:21 AM
09/20/17 03:21 AM
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...
bill Offline
Freak of Nature
bill  Offline
Freak of Nature

PCP, you know that we could both boldy go back and forth on this all day and never convince the other. The funny thing is I accuse the "Arminian" believers of doing the same thing ("there's no way you got that from the Bible, you are regurgitating the only thing you've ever heard preachers say") grin

Why did you edit the other 4 or 5 paragraphs you typed? I think they gave a lot of insight to your position, your mentality and what you believe.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard
Re: The Ark? [Re: bill] #2231990
09/20/17 10:20 AM
09/20/17 10:20 AM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL
Originally Posted By: bill

Why did you edit the other 4 or 5 paragraphs you typed? I think they gave a lot of insight to your position, your mentality and what you believe.

I'm gonna assume you were talking to me? Um, it was like 4 or 5 sentences actually. I decided that it was irrelevant to the topic of the thread, and PCP and I have hashed that out many times before, so I just decided to leave it out. Funny thing how the subject is so scandalous to people. Meh.

Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2231998
09/20/17 10:29 AM
09/20/17 10:29 AM
bill Offline
Freak of Nature
bill  Offline
Freak of Nature
Scandalous? Not to me but I didn't delete anything either.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard
Re: The Ark? [Re: bill] #2232002
09/20/17 10:35 AM
09/20/17 10:35 AM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL
Originally Posted By: bill
Scandalous? Not to me but I didn't delete anything either.

I didn't delete it because I thought it was scandalous, nor because I thought others would think that either. I'm just concluding that you did since you remarked about "my mentality" (I took that as an insult). I just figured PCP and I had made those rounds plenty before, and nobody else was interested (it was off topic). I figured others would say it was off topic (that accusation was already made above about someone else's reply).

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.