</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Leupold vx freedom
by twaldrop4. 04/25/24 09:50 PM
WTB/WTTF Browning MK3 DBM 308
by Sendero558. 04/25/24 07:29 PM
1999 Scout 162 with Yamaha 90 2 stroke
by billrv. 04/25/24 07:02 PM
Christensen Traverse 300 Win Mag
by BPI. 04/25/24 01:37 PM
FS Walker's Razor slim electronic muffs
by Gary Harris. 04/25/24 01:03 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
Tdogs mount
by TDog93. 04/21/24 08:10 PM
Taxidermist called
by Mbrock. 04/21/24 04:58 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
Who's Online Now
91 registered members (hopper35005, FreeStateHunter, BobK, kntree, Paxamus, paintrock, crenshawco, AU338MAG, DThrash, Frankie, antlerhunter, Turkey_neck, kaintuck, SilverBullet, joe sixpack, CAL, doublefistful, UA Hunter, gregnbc, Canterberry, Sixpointholler, mcninja, TDog93, BuckRidge17, Cuz-Pat, PikeRoadHunter, Hix14, Catbird, M48scout, Bronco 74, dave260rem!, Detroitdan, rwh1, AJones, Big Bore, Driveby, jhardy, 4ssss, Ridge Life, techtony, outdoorguy88, Auburn1716, Jdkprp70, AUtgr, metalmuncher, Big Game Hunter, halljb2, Daniel4191, woodduck, Huntn2feed5, beeline08, RCHRR, chevydude2015, Dean, Whild_Bill, jawbone, phinfan, hayman, AU coonhunter, Gobble4me757, Overland, sw1002, Stacey, BearBranch, gwstang, klay, BCLC, Bowhunter2011, mzzy, Tigger85, Mdees, cullbuck, AL18, Ray_Coon, turfarmer, Mbrock, Big AL 76, XVIII, Reptar, Remington270, BC_Reb, Bustinbeards, CarbonClimber1, MadMallard, 7 invisible), 1,129 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2230952
09/19/17 11:01 AM
09/19/17 11:01 AM
Chelsea, AL
straycat Offline
Old Mossy Horns
straycat  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Chelsea, AL
In Context:

Matthew 5:27-30
27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

This is a literal translation of what Christ said.

But now for the meaning...Lust is a problem that isn't easily corrected on our own because it is both visual and emotionally compelling. If, key word, IF we can't control our lusts of the flesh and IF we go on down that road (and stay on that road) of sexual immorality then it would indeed be better, eternally speaking, if we could not see the objects of our lust or touch the objects of our lust.

This is similar to saying if we have hatred in our heart for our brothers, then it is really the same as murder. It is all about the heart issues and our proclivity to sin and repeat our sins even when we know better.

The reason we know that this is a warning to us and not a command to dismember ourselves is the obvious...what about the left eye and left hand?? The right side is the noble side, the honored side--and this has been used throughout history. So to pluck out the right eye or right hand was one of those shocking statements by Christ to wake up his audience (there with him and us today reading his words) to come to the understanding that lust of the flesh has serious consequences and we would be wise to turn away, repent and lean of Christ for help navigating the world full of desires of the flesh.

Last edited by straycat; 09/19/17 11:02 AM.

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.� Samuel Adams
Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2230957
09/19/17 11:04 AM
09/19/17 11:04 AM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there
We jumped from a pre-Adam Lucifer flood to Cain was an incestuous Alabama fan to carbon dating to lust?

I love this site. laugh

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: The Ark? [Re: Clem] #2230959
09/19/17 11:05 AM
09/19/17 11:05 AM
Lake View, AL
Joe4majors Offline
14 point
Joe4majors  Offline
14 point
Lake View, AL
Originally Posted By: Clem
We jumped from a pre-Adam Lucifer flood to Cain was an incestuous Alabama fan to carbon dating to lust?

I love this site. laugh

hahaha

Re: The Ark? [Re: Clem] #2230962
09/19/17 11:08 AM
09/19/17 11:08 AM
KY
AUstan23 Offline
10 point
AUstan23  Offline
10 point
KY

I love this site. laugh

y'all been to that new amusement park in Foley?

It is easier to fool a man than to convince him he has been fooled.
Re: The Ark? [Re: straycat] #2230967
09/19/17 11:12 AM
09/19/17 11:12 AM
KY
AUstan23 Offline
10 point
AUstan23  Offline
10 point
KY

Originally Posted By: straycat
In Context:

27 &#147;You have heard that it was said, &#145;You shall not commit adultery.&#146; 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

But now for the meaning...Lust is a problem that isn't easily corrected on our own because it is both visual and emotionally compelling. If, key word, IF we can't control our lusts of the flesh and IF we go on down that road (and stay on that road) of sexual immorality then it would indeed be better, eternally speaking, if we could not see the objects of our lust or touch the objects of our lust.

This is similar to saying if we have hatred in our heart for our brothers, then it is really the same as murder. It is all about the heart issues and our proclivity to sin and repeat our sins even when we know better.

The reason we know that this is a warning to us and not a command to dismember ourselves is the obvious...what about the left eye and left hand?? The right side is the noble side, the honored side--and this has been used throughout history. So to pluck out the right eye or right hand was one of those shocking statements by Christ to wake up his audience (there with him and us today reading his words) to come to the understanding that lust of the flesh has serious consequences and we would be wise to turn away, repent and lean of Christ for help navigating the world full of desires of the flesh.

Where did this come from in the thread?

Re: The Ark? [Re: deadeye48] #2230998
09/19/17 11:41 AM
09/19/17 11:41 AM
Marshall County
FurFlyin Offline
Freak of Nature
FurFlyin  Offline
Freak of Nature
Marshall County
Originally Posted By: deadeye48
I can absolutely back it up with scripture.

I do not believe that you can back up your claims with canonized Biblical scripture. If you post it, I'll deifintely read it and try to keep an open mind about it.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Re: The Ark? [Re: AUstan23] #2231022
09/19/17 12:04 PM
09/19/17 12:04 PM
Mobile, AL
S
SouthBamaSlayer Offline
Gary's Fluffer
SouthBamaSlayer  Offline
Gary's Fluffer
S
Mobile, AL
Originally Posted By: AUstan23
Originally Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

which I doubt that's the cause of skin cancer.

Before sin, there was no death and no sickness, we were meant to live forever. So yes, the origins of skin cancer can be traced back to the original sin. I'm not going to enter the "harmful/harmless sun water cloud argument."

Yea I get that I just think disease coming about from a man eating an apple from a talking snake is allegory and not literal

*Not to mention the fact that the mere existence of "sin" denotes it has a creator, which in Biblical terms must be God, which is contradictory to the abilities of omnibenevolent being. You could argue not true because he only gave free will and then we chose to sin, but still he is denoting what is defined as sin. The roads led back to the Creator because everything has to come from somewhere. What I'm getting at is trying to reconcile Omni benevolence with sin and creation.

Sin wasn't created. Sin is the absence (momentary or permanent) of Christ's will bring lived in your life. This why darkness is compared to sin. There isn't technically a scientific theory known as darkness, only the absence of light. Therefore, you don't give darkness, you merely take away the light.

Last edited by SouthBamaSlayer; 09/19/17 12:12 PM.
Re: The Ark? [Re: ikillbux] #2231034
09/19/17 12:15 PM
09/19/17 12:15 PM
Sylacauga, AL
poorcountrypreacher Offline
Booner
poorcountrypreacher  Offline
Booner
Sylacauga, AL
Originally Posted By: ikillbux

Originally Posted By: lefthorn
Where do you see that they were told to "replenish"?

My ESV says "be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth"

Wow really?? The KJV is all I study. It was taken from the Septuagint and from the Hebrew texts. Don't misunderstand that with any language translation there will be transliteration and the further you get from the original the worse that gets

KJV and ESV are both word-for-word translations from the original texts, neither of which even remotely kinda sorta hint at any existence whatsoever prior to Adam. Any notion of that is fully extra-biblical.

I suspect we may be confusing the similar commands from the Lord in Genesis 1 (to Adam)and then again in Genesis 9 (to Noah and his family after the flood). Without writing a book, the whole "first Adam and last Adam" terminology also refutes it.

I said I was not gonna open this thread, much less post in it, but I am weak. smile

IKB, I've read enough of your posts over the years to be sure that you know better than this, and just posted without thinking. The KJV is not a word for word translation from the original text. The Church of England committee that produced it did not have an original text of any Book of the Bible. They did have a few texts that were in the original languages, but all were copies, and copies made centuries after the text was written. The committee said they made extensive use of the Latin Vulgate, so the KJV is to at least some extent a translation of a translation. That said, I love the KJV and it's impact on the world has been considerable. But it's still just a translation.

I don't think the age of the earth is a hill to die on, as someone else already said. I don't think the Scripture itself requires such an understanding. It's easy to use our view of the world to understand the Bible, but what we really need to do is to first strive to understand the world view of the original audience. If we can figure out what it meant to them, that gives us a better chance to understand what it means to us. There is no doubt that some of the genealogies given in the Bible are condensed. That might seem like an inaccuracy to us, but the original audience would not have seen it that way. They considered a grandfather to be their father just as much as the actual father. Jesus looked at it this way as well. He called Zacchaeus a son of Abraham and nobody misunderstood what he meant. We can't apply our view of the world to an ancient people and insist they communicated exactly the same as us.

There are most definitely hills I'm willing to die on, but I'm not qualified to have a strong opinion on the age of the earth. I have not been to the ark in KY and doubt I will ever go. If it were close by I would go, but it's too far for me. It would be interesting to see a reproduction of the ark in actual size; can't imagine what a miserable time that was for those that had to endure that experience.

I do most certainly believe that the flood actually happened, but Noah had to have been limited in the animals he selected. It would have been impossible to fit every subspecies on the ark, so it seems to me that quite a bit of time had to go by for the animals to adapt to different environments. I think it unlikely we could see the diversity we have today in just 4000 years. I am only speculating and I could be wrong. It doesn't matter; my faith is not based on an interpretation of Genesis. It is based on the message of the Gospel - that Christ died on a cross for our sins, was buried, and rose again. That is the hill I will die on.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.
Re: The Ark? [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #2231037
09/19/17 12:21 PM
09/19/17 12:21 PM
Lake View, AL
Joe4majors Offline
14 point
Joe4majors  Offline
14 point
Lake View, AL
Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Wow really?? The KJV is all I study. It was taken from the Septuagint and from the Hebrew texts. Don't misunderstand that with any language translation there will be transliteration and the further you get from the original the worse that gets

KJV and ESV are both word-for-word translations from the original texts, neither of which even remotely kinda sorta hint at any existence whatsoever prior to Adam. Any notion of that is fully extra-biblical.

I suspect we may be confusing the similar commands from the Lord in Genesis 1 (to Adam)and then again in Genesis 9 (to Noah and his family after the flood). Without writing a book, the whole "first Adam and last Adam" terminology also refutes it.

I said I was not gonna open this thread, much less post in it, but I am weak. smile

IKB, I've read enough of your posts over the years to be sure that you know better than this, and just posted without thinking. The KJV is not a word for word translation from the original text. The Church of England committee that produced it did not have an original text of any Book of the Bible. They did have a few texts that were in the original languages, but all were copies, and copies made centuries after the text was written. The committee said they made extensive use of the Latin Vulgate, so the KJV is to at least some extent a translation of a translation. That said, I love the KJV and it's impact on the world has been considerable. But it's still just a translation.

I don't think the age of the earth is a hill to die on, as someone else already said. I don't think the Scripture itself requires such an understanding. It's easy to use our view of the world to understand the Bible, but what we really need to do is to first strive to understand the world view of the original audience. If we can figure out what it meant to them, that gives us a better chance to understand what it means to us. There is no doubt that some of the genealogies given in the Bible are condensed. That might seem like an inaccuracy to us, but the original audience would not have seen it that way. They considered a grandfather to be their father just as much as the actual father. Jesus looked at it this way as well. He called Zacchaeus a son of Abraham and nobody misunderstood what he meant. We can't apply our view of the world to an ancient people and insist they communicated exactly the same as us.

There are most definitely hills I'm willing to die on, but I'm not qualified to have a strong opinion on the age of the earth. I have not been to the ark in KY and doubt I will ever go. If it were close by I would go, but it's too far for me. It would be interesting to see a reproduction of the ark in actual size; can't imagine what a miserable time that was for those that had to endure that experience.

I do most certainly believe that the flood actually happened, but Noah had to have been limited in the animals he selected. It would have been impossible to fit every subspecies on the ark, so it seems to me that quite a bit of time had to go by for the animals to adapt to different environments. I think it unlikely we could see the diversity we have today in just 4000 years. I am only speculating and I could be wrong. It doesn't matter; my faith is not based on an interpretation of Genesis. It is based on the message of the Gospel - that Christ died on a cross for our sins, was buried, and rose again. That is the hill I will die on.

Well said. thumbup

Re: The Ark? [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #2231041
09/19/17 12:27 PM
09/19/17 12:27 PM
Marshall County
FurFlyin Offline
Freak of Nature
FurFlyin  Offline
Freak of Nature
Marshall County
[quote=ikillbux] my faith is not based on an interpretation of Genesis. It is based on the message of the Gospel - that Christ died on a cross for our sins, was buried, and rose again. That is the hill I will die on.

That'll preach!

I suspect you knew that already. laugh

The only thing that concerns me about the Ark recreation and the young earth theory is that a few of the people that I know and go to church with that fully believe it, are so adamant about it that one in particular throws out sayings such as: "if you don't believe that the Creation event happened in 6 literal days, what other parts of the Bible do you not believe?"

It's that type of "my way" thinking that drives wedges between believers.

IMO, there is no place for that in Christianity. There's already a dump truck full of wedges that get driven between believers of different denominations, we don't need more.

Like you, my faith isn't based on the Creation event, it's based on the Cross.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Re: The Ark? [Re: Joe4majors] #2231044
09/19/17 12:28 PM
09/19/17 12:28 PM
Sylacauga, AL
poorcountrypreacher Offline
Booner
poorcountrypreacher  Offline
Booner
Sylacauga, AL
Originally Posted By: Joe4majors

Well said. thumbup

Thank you, but I'm sure many will disagree. smile

And I meant to say it and forgot, but your detailed post above was excellent.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.
Re: The Ark? [Re: AUstan23] #2231056
09/19/17 12:33 PM
09/19/17 12:33 PM
Chelsea, AL
straycat Offline
Old Mossy Horns
straycat  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Chelsea, AL

In Context:

27 &#147;You have heard that it was said, &#145;You shall not commit adultery.&#146; 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

From Joemajors post directly above it. See his # 2

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.� Samuel Adams
Re: The Ark? [Re: Clem] #2231071
09/19/17 12:46 PM
09/19/17 12:46 PM
Huntsville
jono23 Offline
14 point
jono23  Offline
14 point
Huntsville

Don't forget about the mold.

Gotta remember this for my next research paper.

Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2231073
09/19/17 12:47 PM
09/19/17 12:47 PM
Montgomery, AL
jbc Offline
14 point
jbc  Offline
14 point
Montgomery, AL
Can we just get back to that woman seeing a 15' pterodactyl on her smoke break back in '01?

Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2231074
09/19/17 12:50 PM
09/19/17 12:50 PM
Smith Lake
300Ruger Offline
10 point
300Ruger  Offline
10 point
Smith Lake
So, based on the human genome project, you can literally see how man populated the earth, and in what areas that some gene pools just died out. What's crazy, is that the archeological record matches most of the migration data from the genome project. Ya'll should google it, because it makes perfect sense. What I have decided to do is to take actual scientific FACTS and find how the Bible agrees with it. I steer away from the magic side, which is unnecessary, and stick with the idea that every scientific discovery was backed by the Bible.

Re: The Ark? [Re: straycat] #2231131
09/19/17 01:52 PM
09/19/17 01:52 PM
KY
AUstan23 Offline
10 point
AUstan23  Offline
10 point
KY

In Context:

From Joemajors post directly above it. See his # 2

Got it.

Re: The Ark? [Re: 300Ruger] #2231136
09/19/17 01:56 PM
09/19/17 01:56 PM
KY
AUstan23 Offline
10 point
AUstan23  Offline
10 point
KY

Originally Posted By: 300Ruger
So, based on the human genome project, you can literally see how man populated the earth, and in what areas that some gene pools just died out. What's crazy, is that the archeological record matches most of the migration data from the genome project. Ya'll should google it, because it makes perfect sense. What I have decided to do is to take actual scientific FACTS and find how the Bible agrees with it. I steer away from the magic side, which is unnecessary, and stick with the idea that every scientific discovery was backed by the Bible.

yea that stuff is crazy to read about.

Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2231159
09/19/17 02:14 PM
09/19/17 02:14 PM
Chelsea, AL
lefthorn Offline
14 point
lefthorn  Offline
14 point
Chelsea, AL
To those interested, The Genesis movie comes out in Nov. looks pretty interesting. Check out the trailer on genesismovie.com

Re: The Ark? [Re: FurFlyin] #2231171
09/19/17 02:24 PM
09/19/17 02:24 PM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL
Originally Posted By: FurFlyin
The only thing that concerns me about the Ark recreation and the young earth theory is that a few of the people that I know and go to church with that fully believe it, are so adamant about it that one in particular throws out sayings such as: "if you don't believe that the Creation event happened in 6 literal days, what other parts of the Bible do you not believe?" It's that type of "my way" thinking that drives wedges between believers. IMO, there is no place for that in Christianity. There's already a dump truck full of wedges that get driven between believers of different denominations, we don't need more. Like you, my faith isn't based on the Creation event, it's based on the Cross.

Fur, I want you to hear me saying this with a humorous tone of voice (I'm not jabbing at you), but that's what I call "Rodney King Christianity"....can't we all just get along? It isn't a matter of getting along, or I think what I want to say is I will subordinate getting along to being doctrinally sound. Guys, there are some things that are mysteries, and some things that aren't. The creation account is NOT a mystery, it isn't even remotely a debatable topic, and that's why this is such a big deal. There has never been a reason FROM SCRIPTURE for any man to even think it meant something other than a literal single day. This debate is ALWAYS and ONLY an attack on scripture, and (if I make no other point ever again on this site) you do not know God or His gospel without scripture. If it's common to twist the portion of scripture regarding the creation, then what makes you think you don't believe a twisted understanding of "the gospel"? Things that are mysteries are things that aren't in scripture. For example, what does Jesus look like? Should we do contemporary or traditional music? See where I'm going? It's not about the dogma of my opinion, it's very much like Martin Luther risking his very life to correct the theology of the mainstream church in that day. Actual scriptural accounts aren't matters of opinion, they are matters of theology, and (like I've been saying) a lack of theology will be the indictment of our generation. If it takes me (lovingly) disagreeing with others to defend scripture, then I must do so. Doctrine does divide, it's intent is to do so (like a two edged sword). Scripture is as clear about the literal 6-day creation as it is that we no longer need a mediator priest.

You know, oddly, I am far more tolerant of someone who is confident about wrong theology than I am someone who doesn't believe it matters. And I really bristle at the "there are just some things we can't know" remark. This usually comes from that person who just isn't interested in theology. There are innumerable answers in scripture, but we are so theology-averse today that we wouldn't know otherwise.

Last edited by ikillbux; 09/19/17 02:26 PM.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.
Re: The Ark? [Re: perchjerker] #2231174
09/19/17 02:29 PM
09/19/17 02:29 PM
Chelsea, AL
lefthorn Offline
14 point
lefthorn  Offline
14 point
Chelsea, AL
Thumbs up IKB

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.