</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Iso box blade
by kntree. 04/25/24 11:31 PM
Leupold vx freedom
by twaldrop4. 04/25/24 09:50 PM
WTB/WTTF Browning MK3 DBM 308
by Sendero558. 04/25/24 07:29 PM
1999 Scout 162 with Yamaha 90 2 stroke
by billrv. 04/25/24 07:02 PM
Christensen Traverse 300 Win Mag
by BPI. 04/25/24 01:37 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
Tdogs mount
by TDog93. 04/21/24 08:10 PM
Taxidermist called
by Mbrock. 04/21/24 04:58 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
Who's Online Now
10 registered members (russellb, rrice0725, CAL, BRP549, BACK40, CCC, Alb, Big Rack, kyles, sloughfoot), 1,174 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Have You Ever Killed a Deer in a Similair Situation? [Re: codie] #1596320
01/05/16 02:06 PM
01/05/16 02:06 PM

O
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
O

Originally Posted By: codie
Originally Posted By: leroycnbucks
You guys are funny. I've had deer around me hundreds perhaps thousands of times.
Who the heck taught you guys how to hunt?

I don't know about you or anybody else but I taught myself how to hunt. And I learned from my mistakes. If you think a deer won't wind you 99.9 % of the time at 20 feet or any height up a tree you are wrong.

Let's see what successful hunters on this site say and have the horns to prove it. Us regulars here know who they are.

Read the thread, how long did you hunt before you killed your first deer thread.

Round up said successful hunters with all their fine specimens. Since you know who they are, hell bring Matt Brock.

Most deer are going to smell you 20' up a tree unless they come in directly under you and your scent is IN FACT blowing over the deer.

And any mature buck Ive ever hunted doesnt tolerate much human scent at all, and will vacate the premises immediately..post haste.

You may have gotten lucky or had a deer come in with your scent blowing over the deer. But for the most part no mature buck is going to tolerate your scent if hes downwind.

Ive seen many mature bucks way out in fields pick up scent well over 200 yards and turn and leave.

Im not trying to argue with you, just stating fact.

And Ive killed a lot of mature bucks and seen way more die as I filmed them.

Big bucks dont like stinky humans. Thats just a fact. We scare them..probably cause we always try to kill em. Just sayin.

Last edited by outdoorobsession; 01/05/16 02:07 PM.
Re: Have You Ever Killed a Deer in a Similair Situation? [Re: codie] #1596341
01/05/16 02:13 PM
01/05/16 02:13 PM
Madison County
bobwallace Offline
10 point
bobwallace  Offline
10 point
Madison County
Originally Posted By: trox28
Ok now he has been a member 6 days and referred to me as a minion.Im saying its a member under a new name starting crap.Either way I'm waiting to see how the story unfolds.

I just saw this? As stated your minuion reputation exceeds you.
Just how stupid are you? I didn't start this crap, you did. How it unfolds is in your hands. You say something like I'm sorry Mr Cody for.... I'm a forgiving man so that will end it. Depending what follows the.... naturally.

If me pointing out you being wrong about the wind and a weirdass to boot then yes I started it.I haven't apologized to you for anything and won't.You're an idiot looking to get people banned by stirring chit.Good luck with that.You haven't bothered me the least little bit by anything you've said.Obviously I've bothered you by saying you're weird...I only call it like I see it you damn weirdo.You can keep quoting my posts and trying to ruffle my feathers if you want to but you're just making yourself look like more and more of an ass so keep it up...its entertaining. thumbup

Didn't think you would.

Guess, that's why most just read, I am not here to argue with the minions. This time, I'm done. with you and your rich buddy. Please put me on your ignore list, you too Big Game.

Yeah, well, I always heard there were three kinds of suns in Kansas: sunshine, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches.
Re: Have You Ever Killed a Deer in a Similair Situation? [Re: ] #1596355
01/05/16 02:24 PM
01/05/16 02:24 PM
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
leroycnbucks Offline
Freak of Nature
leroycnbucks  Offline
Freak of Nature
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
Originally Posted By: outdoorobsession
You guys are funny. I've had deer around me hundreds perhaps thousands of times.
Who the heck taught you guys how to hunt?

I don't know about you or anybody else but I taught myself how to hunt. And I learned from my mistakes. If you think a deer won't wind you 99.9 % of the time at 20 feet or any height up a tree you are wrong.

Let's see what successful hunters on this site say and have the horns to prove it. Us regulars here know who they are.

Read the thread, how long did you hunt before you killed your first deer thread.

Round up said successful hunters with all their fine specimens. Since you know who they are, hell bring Matt Brock.

Most deer are going to smell you 20' up a tree unless they come in directly under you and your scent is IN FACT blowing over the deer.

And any mature buck Ive ever hunted doesnt tolerate much human scent at all, and will vacate the premises immediately..post haste.

You may have gotten lucky or had a deer come in with your scent blowing over the deer. But for the most part no mature buck is going to tolerate your scent if hes downwind.

Ive seen many mature bucks way out in fields pick up scent well over 200 yards and turn and leave.

Im not trying to argue with you, just stating fact.

And Ive killed a lot of mature bucks and seen way more die as I filmed them.

Big bucks dont like stinky humans. Thats just a fact. We scare them..probably cause we always try to kill em. Just sayin.

Here's one the many on here Cody or Codie I was talking about. ODO has probably forgotten more about deer hunting than you will ever know.

If you would take time and learn the forum and the folks on here that have the hardware to back up what they are talking about then folks wouldn't think you are a weirdo troll.

Go to the search button thingy and enter 2Dogs, Bhamfred, outdoorobsession, claimsrep ( not Vernon Tull laugh ) and many others that I haven't mentioned and pull up the threads. Then you will see just what the hell I'm talking about. These hunters know deer hunting.

Proud Army and ALNG veteran
God Bless America!
Re: Have You Ever Killed a Deer in a Similair Situation? [Re: codie] #1596464
01/05/16 03:16 PM
01/05/16 03:16 PM

O
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
O

And trust me, I respect my elders, including you as Im just like that .

Heck I learned hunting deer from a one eyed ole hunter that knew so much about big bucks it scared me. He hunted with me until I was old enough to hunt alone (13 in that state) and put a 158 inch 10 point in my lap on my first hunt.( my very first buck I might add...thought it was easy after that...boy did I learn!) I hunted with him until my mid twenties as well..and we killed great bucks together.

I not only respect my elders but LEARNED a lot from older, wiser hunters since I was a boy. I couldnt get enough of it.

Best thing he ever taught me was when I was like 11...when you see a big buck..just dont go WOW theres a big one. Study him.

" Figure where is he going? where did he come from? why is he going there? LEARN from every SIGHTING..study..just dont look!"

and Ive done that my whole life..mostly through a 26 power zoom lense for 15 years...3 1/2 months a year..all over the Continent.

Started hunting bucks only at 15 and trophy bucks only in my twenties.
In my twenties and early thirties I had the fortune to hunt all over the US with serious killers that were in their 40-s to mid 60s. They were major big buck killers all over the mid west and sakacthuan and Alberta.

I got to film them kill big uns and then spend a lot of time filming and killing good uns from my thirties until I retired from all that in my late forties.

Now I just hunt for fun and ONE trophy buck a year. ( OK..sometimes 2).
I see over a thousand of deer every year. But I hunt alot, and this year spent 22 days in Illinois,some days seeing 17-21 a morning hunt, and 7 to 15 an evening hunt.

So I respect your age but go easy as a new member. There are some big buck killers here..Squeaky, Foldemup as well as the others mentioned. And we get it done in Bama...where the deer are far from easy.

By the way, welcome to the forum!

Just have a thick skin and youll be alright. beers

Last edited by outdoorobsession; 01/05/16 03:29 PM.
Re: Have You Ever Killed a Deer in a Similair Situation? [Re: codie] #1596496
01/05/16 03:27 PM
01/05/16 03:27 PM
'Possum Trot
59Hunter Offline
6 point
59Hunter  Offline
6 point
'Possum Trot
Ok now he has been a member 6 days and referred to me as a minion.Im saying its a member under a new name starting crap.Either way I'm waiting to see how the story unfolds.

Just how stupid are you? I didn't start this crap, you did. How it unfolds is in your hands. You say something like I'm sorry Mr Cody for.... I'm a forgiving man so that will end it. Depending what follows the.... naturally.
y

First - it's your reputation proceeds you, not exceeds you. Second, the fact that you misspelled your name is a pretty good sign of a troll.

Re: Have You Ever Killed a Deer in a Similair Situation? [Re: codie] #1596510
01/05/16 03:34 PM
01/05/16 03:34 PM
North Alabama
W
Wiley Coyote Offline
Freak of Nature
Wiley Coyote  Offline
Freak of Nature
W
North Alabama
I liked Morris. I don't care for this ........ whatever it is.

I firmly believe that a double gallows should be constructed on the East Lawn of The White House. Politicians who willfully and shamelessly violate their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America should be swiftly tried and, upon conviction, publicly hanged at sunup the day after conviction. If multiple convicts are to be hanged they can choose with whom to share the gallows or names shall be drawn from the hangman's hat to be hanged 2 at a time.

NRA Life Member
Re: Have You Ever Killed a Deer in a Similair Situation? [Re: Wiley Coyote] #1596513
01/05/16 03:36 PM
01/05/16 03:36 PM

O
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
outdoorobsession
Unregistered
O

Originally Posted By: Wiley Coyote
I liked Morris. I don't care for this ........ whatever it is.

I liked Morris too. I dont know what happened there.

Isnt there a lil Morris too?

Re: Have You Ever Killed a Deer in a Similair Situation? [Re: 59Hunter] #1596613
01/05/16 04:14 PM
01/05/16 04:14 PM
Georgia
C
codie Offline OP
3 point
codie  Offline OP
3 point
C
Georgia
Originally Posted By: 59Hunter

y

First - it's your reputation proceeds you, not exceeds you. Second, the fact that you misspelled your name is a pretty good sign of a troll.

In his case, I said exactly what I typed. His reputation exceeds him. As far as the spelling goes perhaps a missed a key stroke. But, perhaps Cody is my son. My name is not Cody or Codie. Perhaps I will reveal it before, I get booted perhaps not. I am not her to compete. Why would I show a box of antlers or my mounts. I am not here to impress you. I appreciate your expert and can tell, he's a fine hunter. This is perhaps the difference between a good hunter and you menuions. How do you spell what you are. Munion, menuons, etc.
Keep the experts coming.

As far as that days hunt went, I got back up in my tree. A young buck ran under me with his tongue hanging out, panting, looking tired. Later a big buck walked of the hill, not toward me but toward the still unscouted area of my new found spot. Later a spike came from behind me down one of the trails. I drew back and released my arrow, I spinned him and he dropped in his tracks. Nocked another arrow put it thru his lungs. My harvest log shows a date of 7 NOV 84, 1600 hours, Cecil, Maryland, 115 pounds bow. That's 5 bucks, 100 per scent undetected rate.

Re: Have You Ever Killed a Deer in a Similair Situation? [Re: 59Hunter] #1596627
01/05/16 04:21 PM
01/05/16 04:21 PM
Georgia
C
codie Offline OP
3 point
codie  Offline OP
3 point
C
Georgia
Originally Posted By: 59Hunter

y

So you're the English professor, see I don't even know how the spell check works yet. But your munuon status exceeds you too.

Re: Have You Ever Killed a Deer in a Similair Situation? [Re: ] #1596632
01/05/16 04:24 PM
01/05/16 04:24 PM
Georgia
C
codie Offline OP
3 point
codie  Offline OP
3 point
C
Georgia

Heck I learned hunting deer from a one eyed ole hunter that knew so much about big bucks it scared me. He hunted with me until I was old enough to hunt alone (13 in that state) and put a 158 inch 10 point in my lap on my first hunt.( my very first buck I might add...thought it was easy after that...boy did I learn!) I hunted with him until my mid twenties as well..and we killed great bucks together.

I not only respect my elders but LEARNED a lot from older, wiser hunters since I was a boy. I couldnt get enough of it.

Best thing he ever taught me was when I was like 11...when you see a big buck..just dont go WOW theres a big one. Study him.

" Figure where is he going? where did he come from? why is he going there? LEARN from every SIGHTING..study..just dont look!"

and Ive done that my whole life..mostly through a 26 power zoom lense for 15 years...3 1/2 months a year..all over the Continent.

In my twenties and early thirties I had the fortune to hunt all over the US with serious killers that were in their 40-s to mid 60s. They were major big buck killers all over the mid west and sakacthuan and Alberta.

I got to film them kill big uns and then spend a lot of time filming and killing good uns from my thirties until I retired from all that in my late forties.

I see over a thousand of deer every year. But I hunt alot, and this year spent 22 days in Illinois,some days seeing 17-21 a morning hunt, and 7 to 15 an evening hunt.

So I respect your age but go easy as a new member. There are some big buck killers here..Squeaky, Foldemup as well as the others mentioned. And we get it done in Bama...where the deer are far from easy.

Well, you get my vote for the first man earning my respect.
Thanks, for the welcome

Re: Have You Ever Killed a Deer in a Similair Situation? [Re: teamduckdown] #1596648
01/05/16 04:32 PM
01/05/16 04:32 PM
Parts Unknown
Cletus Offline
10 point
Cletus  Offline
10 point
Parts Unknown
Originally Posted By: teamduckdown
Originally Posted By: Big Game Hunter
It's funny to me.

Some of our valued worthwhile members get banned and put in Timeout but this azzhat is still here trolling.

Aint that the damn truth.

Yep. Damn shame.

Probably an inconsolable dickhead.

Re: Have You Ever Killed a Deer in a Similair Situation? [Re: NightHunter] #1596651
01/05/16 04:34 PM
Parts Unknown
Cletus Offline
10 point
Cletus  Offline
10 point
Parts Unknown
Originally Posted By: NightHunter
Originally Posted By: josht101
I would have to assume this is a certain admin with a hard on for what he calls the Minions.

I hope not! Especially after being a sponsor here for a few years and still would be if I was at the same employer. Not to mention these sites aren't that expensive or hard to build.

That's true words there....................

Re: Have You Ever Killed a Deer in a Similair Situation? [Re: codie] #1596652
'Possum Trot
59Hunter Offline
6 point
59Hunter  Offline
6 point
'Possum Trot
Not an English professor, but it is my first language.

Re: Have You Ever Killed a Deer in a Similair Situation? [Re: codie] #1596693
01/05/16 04:59 PM
01/05/16 04:59 PM
Alexander City
T
TR62 Offline
I like pretty colors
TR62  Offline
I like pretty colors
T
Alexander City

Thanks, for the welcome

So, people have to earn your respect, however you just bust up in here and start demanding it because you say you're an older guy. Phuck that. Take your hypocritical, self righteous ass somewhere else. I couldn't give a rats ass how you kill deer and your opinions on the subject are complete chit. Go grease your ass with Geritol and shove a wrinkly cucumber up it. Phicking dickhead.

Re: Have You Ever Killed a Deer in a Similair Situation? [Re: TR62] #1596701
01/05/16 05:02 PM
01/05/16 05:02 PM
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
leroycnbucks Offline
Freak of Nature
leroycnbucks  Offline
Freak of Nature
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
Dayum TR! rofl

Proud Army and ALNG veteran
God Bless America!
Re: Have You Ever Killed a Deer in a Similair Situation? [Re: TR62] #1596705
01/05/16 05:05 PM
01/05/16 05:05 PM
If you only knew.....
Tru-Talker Offline
Booner
Tru-Talker  Offline
Booner
If you only knew.....
Originally Posted By: TR62

Thanks, for the welcome

So, people have to earn your respect, however you just bust up in here and start demanding it because you say you're an older guy. Phuck that. Take your hypocritical, self righteous ass somewhere else. I couldn't give a rats ass how you kill deer and your opinions on the subject are complete chit. Go grease your ass with Geritol and shove a wrinkly cucumber up it. Phicking dickhead.

You lost me at cucumber.... I was expecting pickle.... grin

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius
Re: Have You Ever Killed a Deer in a Similair Situation? [Re: Tru-Talker] #1596736
01/05/16 05:24 PM
01/05/16 05:24 PM
Clanton
Turkey_neck Offline
Booner
Turkey_neck  Offline
Booner
Clanton
Originally Posted By: Tru-Talker
Originally Posted By: TR62

Thanks, for the welcome

You lost me at cucumber.... I was expecting pickle.... grin

Comon Steve a cucumber is a pickle just a little harder. shocked

Would walk over a naked woman to get to a gobblin turkey!
Re: Have You Ever Killed a Deer in a Similair Situation? [Re: leroycnbucks] #1596741
01/05/16 05:29 PM
01/05/16 05:29 PM
wedowee
daniel white Offline
Booner
daniel white  Offline
Booner
wedowee

Dayum TR! rofl

x2 laugh

"You do and it will be the biggest mistake you ever made, you Texas brush popper" John Wayne
Re: Have You Ever Killed a Deer in a Similair Situation? [Re: ikillbux] #1596771
01/05/16 05:47 PM
01/05/16 05:47 PM
Land of the free because of th...
mike35549 Offline
12 point
mike35549  Offline
12 point
Land of the free because of th...
Originally Posted By: ikillbux
Go hunt bedding or food source where deer come daily, deer don't visit scrapes more than once, nor in the daylight either. grin

Deer don't visit scrapes in the daylight, or visit a scrape more than once I presume you were joking about this. Because that is just not true I have personally seen 3 bucks working scrapes with one of those bucks visiting the same scrape twice this week alone.

If you're gonna be stupid you better be tough.
Re: Have You Ever Killed a Deer in a Similair Situation? [Re: mike35549] #1596883
01/05/16 08:27 PM
01/05/16 08:27 PM
Georgia
C
codie Offline OP
3 point
codie  Offline OP
3 point
C
Georgia
Originally Posted By: mike35549
Originally Posted By: ikillbux
Go hunt bedding or food source where deer come daily, deer don't visit scrapes more than once, nor in the daylight either. grin

Deer don't visit scrapes in the daylight, or visit a scrape more than once I presume you were joking about this. Because that is just not true I have personally seen 3 bucks working scrapes with one of those bucks visiting the same scrape twice this week alone.

Only post here that points to a deerhunter, among the muniouns.
I walk thru the woods, scouting looking for rubs, scrapes, other sign. I setup within bow or gun range and kill deer all the time. Favorite way to hunt and favorite time to kill a deer. Cruising time.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.