</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
WTB: Low miles First Gen Toyota Tacoma
by Buck-bomb. 05/05/24 07:31 PM
Need a used car
by bamaeyedoc. 05/05/24 04:21 PM
Marucci Cat9 school bat 31/28 bbcor $90
by toyota05. 05/05/24 04:17 PM
Floor blower
by AU7MM08. 05/05/24 02:35 PM
SVT Raptor
by 700ltr308. 05/05/24 08:37 AM
Serious Deer Talk
Meat hunt outfitter?
by TDog93. 05/05/24 08:45 PM
Who's got the best deer hunting in AL
by low wall. 05/05/24 07:33 PM
Velvet
by Turkey_neck. 05/04/24 09:13 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 05/03/24 05:57 AM
Forever wild gun regs.
by Frankie. 05/01/24 03:42 PM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Need dozer work. Cullman area
by Trecker1. 05/02/24 02:33 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Who's Online Now
6 registered members (Holcomb, dave260rem!, swampoak, twaldrop4, Frogeye, 1 invisible), 1,332 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: dinosaurs? [Re: Possum Hunter] #1370068
06/16/15 10:24 AM
06/16/15 10:24 AM
Oxford, AL. USA
Big Game Hunter Offline
Doesn’t Know His Code
Big Game Hunter  Offline
Doesn’t Know His Code
Oxford, AL. USA
Dinosaurs were/are real.

However, I do not believe they are as old as some say.

IKNOWMYPHUCKINGCODEDAMMITYOUDICKHEAD!!!
Re: dinosaurs? [Re: OcToBeRDrEaMiN67] #1370070
06/16/15 10:27 AM
06/16/15 10:27 AM
Hueytown
M
MANGLER Offline
2016 Moderator of the Year
MANGLER  Offline
2016 Moderator of the Year
M
Hueytown
Originally Posted By: OcToBeRDrEaMiN67
Tikka straight from the right side of his throne grin

God hunted Dinosaurs with an A-bolt.

One day the right woman will come along and the next thing you know you'll be wearing her underwear!
Re: dinosaurs? [Re: Possum Hunter] #1370073
06/16/15 10:31 AM
06/16/15 10:31 AM
Huntsville AL
Rocket62 Offline
14 point
Rocket62  Offline
14 point
Huntsville AL
C'mon now, everyone know that on the 8th day God created Tikka

I don't want to pass quietly into the night. I want to slide in sideways kickin and screamin
Life really is awesome ... Soak it up while you can ...
Re: dinosaurs? [Re: Possum Hunter] #1370078
06/16/15 10:39 AM
06/16/15 10:39 AM
West Alabama
Ant67 Offline
10 point
Ant67  Offline
10 point
West Alabama
How many days till Bow season??

Re: dinosaurs? [Re: Possum Hunter] #1370084
06/16/15 10:52 AM
Kennedy, al
G
globe Offline
Booner
globe  Offline
Booner
G
Kennedy, al
It all boils down to "faith" in the end.
Faith in something that you can absolutely NOT explain or fully understand.
Whether your a biblical scholar or a hick like me, it's an educated opinion as to how you interpret the bible. I've thought a lot about dinosaurs and Fossil fuels, and its quite possible that God (certainly not satan) put all the stuff here that we'll ever need to live and progress as a human race. Fact is God didn't make any mistakes so I'm ok with not knowing and just believing. Simple minded approach I know, but it works for me. Maybe the flood took them out too, idk but I don't have to have things "make sense". A lot of scientists are atheists because the biblical timeline doesn't make sense to them. Who's the fool then?

I just watched Jurasic World and they killed all the loose Dino's with an Abolt.

Last edited by globe; 06/16/15 10:55 AM.

Everything woke turns to shucks
Re: dinosaurs? [Re: MANGLER] #1370086
Guntersville, AL
IDOT Offline
I am Cornholio
IDOT  Offline
I am Cornholio
Guntersville, AL
Originally Posted By: MANGLER

God hunted Dinosaurs with an A-bolt.

And rode around in a Toyota. grin

Originally Posted by Patricia Heaton
If you’re a common sense person, you probably don’t feel you have a home in this world right now. If you’re a Christian, you know you were never meant to.

Re: dinosaurs? [Re: IDOT] #1370087
06/16/15 10:55 AM
06/16/15 10:55 AM
Huntsville AL
Rocket62 Offline
14 point
Rocket62  Offline
14 point
Huntsville AL
Originally Posted By: IDOT
Originally Posted By: MANGLER

God hunted Dinosaurs with a Tikka.

And rode around in a Toyota. grin

Fixed it for ya ... now Amen to that

I don't want to pass quietly into the night. I want to slide in sideways kickin and screamin
Life really is awesome ... Soak it up while you can ...
Re: dinosaurs? [Re: jawbone] #1370103
06/16/15 11:37 AM
06/16/15 11:37 AM
Pisgah Al
Bigbamaboy Offline
14 point
Bigbamaboy  Offline
14 point
Pisgah Al
Originally Posted By: jawbone
Originally Posted By: Rocket62
If you are truly born again your actions will indicate it including a desire to read scripture, a desire to follow the old laws (commandments), a desire to understand more of God's word, etc...

Do I think I am required to do all these things in order to get into heaven? Of course not ...

Ephesians 2:9
…8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast

It is that simple. We don't have to out-Christian the next man, just be a Christian. Heaven will be filled with sinners of all types. Murderers, rapist etc., but there will not be a single soul that did not accept Christ.

Well said JB. thumbup

Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?
Re: dinosaurs? [Re: bill] #1370106
06/16/15 11:45 AM
06/16/15 11:45 AM
Sumter County
sumpter_al Offline
10 point
sumpter_al  Offline
10 point
Sumter County

Originally Posted By: bill

Originally Posted By: sumpter_al

Originally Posted By: ikillbux
Originally Posted By: jawbone
Sigh.... frown I'm not sure if there's more Biblical ignorance out there, or just Biblical infidelity? As someone who endeavors in apologetics, I bristle at two common notions:

1) There are LOTS of things that God didn't spell out of for us, or didn't think it was necessary for us to know. That's bullcrap, you just aren't TRYING to understand it. Or you don't possess the skill to do so.
2) The utter casting aside of "authoritorial intent". That it doesn't matter if you understand certain "debated" topics, as long as you just love Jesus. (paraphrased) He had a single intent for every word in scripture--what did the author (God) mean??? That's like saying you love me, when all you know of me is just a few things I type on Aldeer.

99% of the "debated" topics that we supposedly weren't meant to understand, are actually answered. But there's a notion that Christianity isn't academic, that the stupidist of people can understand it. Well there's a difference in the universal effectiveness and graspability of the GOSPEL for salvation (soteriology--how you get saved), and the deep academic study of scriptures. You need the illuminating power of the Spirit for sure, but He will also prod you to use the aide of tools-- language studies, historical studies, cultural studies, advanced grammar and literary style practices, etc., and oftentimes just some fidelity to text/context. Basically everything that is put out there as mysterious or contradictory is just the result of ignorance (often wilful ignorance) and weak study. The messages I hear from pretty much all pulpits today is some of the most horrific butchering of scripture you could imagine. And it's filling the church (well, actually it's not) with folks who don't know jack-shat about what they believe. The most ill-equipped generation that has ever lived, incapable to defend scripture.

I have long decided that few things are more dangerous than a unsmart man reading his Bible at face value. If you do a proper study, there is NO debate about a literal 6-day Creation. The original language used the same word for DAY that is translated into a literal 1-day period of daylight/dark in other parts of scripture. Other references either used a different word, OR was a literary style that wasn't meant to be LITERAL. "I swear this day will never end"...do you literally take that as if this day is eternal??? Then why do you do the same thing when reading the Bible??? Literary style, people! Any other argument is a straw man, or proof of the effectiveness that Satan has in this world that he has been given temporary dominion over. If he can convince you of evolution and "millions of years", then throw your damn Bible away!!!!! You can't trust none of it. I swear when you tell a man long enough that he's a monkey, he'll eventually begin to act like it.

Just so we're clear, are you in the "Satan made fossil because he is the great deceiver and dinos didn't really exist"? That is great for you, but there is no way Jesus meant us to know or understand everything. If he did there would be no need for pure faith and faith is so important to being a Christian.

I've heard people talk about how great it will be when they die and go to heaven and know all the answers, but I believe that heaven will be such a glorious place, beyond anything we can comprehend, that answering questions will not even be a thought in our soul.

No matter what the truth is of dinosaurs, it won't shake my faith.

Wow, you fellas conjectured a ton of stuff into my post that I did not say nor imply. And THAT kind of reading comprehension is evidence of my point. You started with a preconceived notion, and then imputed meaning into what I said, and it's all wrong. THAT's how everybody handles scripture, it's called eisegesis. Where'd you get the quote about Satan and fossils? I didn't say that, and that's not remotely what I believe. I believe the fossil record is primarily from the flood, I do NOT believe it takes millions of years to create a fossil (wood has been observed to petrify to stone in days). What does that mean about snakes and poison?..that you perceive my stance as dogmatic and somehow related to Pentecostal/Primitive/Fundamental religion? And what's all that about gravity and physics???...the Bible isn't a comprehensive science book. That's a straw man answer, unless you're trying to say science and scripture are exclusive of each other. Scripture doesn't have to provide a 400-level exposition of chemistry in order to answer every question in the mind of men, right? You are trying to split hairs to defend a straw man, plus you're off topic. I'm saying that the majority of questions that are RELATED TO SUPPOSED UNKNOWNS/MYSTERIES OF CHRISTIANITY actually do have answers, and aren't mysterious. There's no connection to study of the table of elements, or quantum theory. But the "6 days vs millions of years" argument is no argument at all. It's not unknowable, you just have to study the original language it was written in.

You know your answer is wrong when you start out by saying, "Well, what I believe is...", if you can't defend it contextually with scripture. [/u]

The main problem I have with that line of thinking is that some people make assumptions with the bible.

They think that what they are reading is the word of God but it was written by man. Being that it was written by man it could have been changed to the whatever that person wanted.

During the Middle Ages, very few people could read or write. The church would have been able to modify anything in the bible to meet whatever they wanted.

Another point would be if we are to take the bible meaning explicitly then which version of the bible do we use? The last time I was at the book store there were dozens of different versions of the bible.

I believe in the Ten Commandments, I believe in Jesus and that salvation only comes through him. The rest might be true and correct or it could be what someone wants me to believe. I try to live a moral life and keep the commandments and trust and believe in Jesus. I hope that is enough.

A God that is big enough to create the world and all that's in it isn't big enough to ensure that the only book that tells us who He is , is His infallible inspired word, just as he promised? A God that isn't big enough to keep the integrity of His word isn't big enough to save anyone. What you are implying is that man has more power than God or that He doesn't care enough to keep His Word.

I'd suggest researching how the Bible was written and the stories behind it. It really is incredible and no one can deny there really isn't another book like it in all of history.

What I am saying is nobody knows that the Bible today is as it was originally written. There are numerous versions and it is in many languages. Anyone who knows more than one language knows when something is translated into another language the person doing the translating might not get the wording correct. Or the first language might have a word that is not in the second language.

And when the only people who could read and write (middle\dark ages) were responsible for what was in the book, it is not impossible to think that something was changed.

I think the Bible is the greatest book ever written, and if we live by what it says we will all get along. If we all kept the commandments we would not have many problems in this world.

But to say that every word in the bible came directly from God is hard for me to believe. God did not sit down and write the bible out for us. It is a collection of stories that are retold in a way to explain to us how we are supposed to live.

Like much of history it is told by the ones in control. During the middle\dark ages there could have been a Pope who disliked long hair and he could have re-written a story saying that some bad event was because someone had long hair. Then 1500 years later we all have short hair because it is in the book.

I dont think I am doing a good job of explaining what I mean. I dont know of anything that is prohibited or required in the bible that I disagree with, but what if that is because I was raised to believe what was in the bible and therefore it all makes sense to me.

The same could be the same with people of the Muslim faith. They read the Quran and it tells them something (many things that go against what we as Christians believe) but the think it is right because it is in their holy book and they were raised to believe it.

I love my country, but don't trust my government.
Re: dinosaurs? [Re: Clem] #1370111
06/16/15 11:54 AM
06/16/15 11:54 AM
Mayberry
Brent Offline
Administrator
Brent  Offline
Administrator
Mayberry
Originally Posted By: Clem

If it had been, those dinos would have been much bigger than115 boon n crocker.

Now you have me thinking about Amy Sanders. Where's my tube sock?

"How in the hell did you get to be a moderator?"...Skinny

God Bless Nick Saban!
Re: dinosaurs? [Re: ikillbux] #1370136
06/16/15 12:32 PM
06/16/15 12:32 PM
Tuscaloosa
Booger Offline
Picker
Booger  Offline
Picker
Tuscaloosa
Forgive me. I know I said I was bowing out, but I can't rest until this one last point is made about the couple of statements above (it doesn't matter as long as you love Jesus). How so??? How do you reconcile that??? Why did JESUS write that whole book if every single bit of it just didn't matter???? How can you possess the Holy Spirit--which you do if you are saved--and one of the Spirit's purposes is illumination of scripture--and you boldly declare you don't know scripture and don't care to know??? The whole idea of being BORN AGAIN--regenerated--made spiritually alive--is that you are now plugged in to the power source, given the heart and mind of Christ, yet say it doesn't matter what any of scripture means aside from salvation? That dog won't hunt, men!

I have to say Amen to this. Psalms 119:11, David said that he had hidden God's word in his heart so that he wouldn't commit sin against God.
Then in Matt. 22:29 Jesus tells the Sadducees this. "But Jesus answered them, “You are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God. "
So Christ basically told them that you can't trip me up because you don't "know" God and you don't know His scriptures.
We love hunting, so we visit this site multiple times a day, talk non-stop about deer, turkey, hogs, squirrels, ducks, dogs, tresspassers, leases, guns, bows, boats, and whatever else our foolish heads can dream up. And occassionally we talk serious. This is serious. If WE love Christ then why do we not desperately learn His word like we know a ballistics table, Easton arrow chart, moon phases, weather reports, opening and closing seasons in lots of states, oh and THE HUNTING REGS?
This is a hunting forum I know. But guess what, Jesus and satan are here with us too. So, I agree that we have to be careful when stating what the Bible says because we may say something that is not really there if we don't cite the verse it came from.

I stand with IKILLBUX on this post. He is spot on. As far as when dinosaurs roamed it's very interesting and we can only use science to guess.

GO NOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: dinosaurs? [Re: Possum Hunter] #1370146
06/16/15 12:50 PM
06/16/15 12:50 PM
Fayetteville, Tennessee
Bamabucks14 Offline
12 point
Bamabucks14  Offline
12 point
Fayetteville, Tennessee
Simple answer, if you think fossils are fake and/or a hoax, how could you possibly beleive anything the bibles says.
Another simple explanation, not necessarily my belief, maybe the whole bible is a hoax and about nothing more than a normal man portrayed as a savior.
Just saying if you cannot see hard evidence that Dino's existed, how can you read a book written by people after a man died and believe it???

"Here, take this land mine and protect your property with it."
-Ron Swanson
Re: dinosaurs? [Re: Bamabucks14] #1370173
06/16/15 01:51 PM
06/16/15 01:51 PM
UR 6
top cat Offline
Freak of Nature
top cat  Offline
Freak of Nature
UR 6
Off season idiots. Come on Oct. 15th tired

LUCK:::; When presistence, dedication, perspiration and preparation meet up with opportunity!!!
- - - - - - - -A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take everything you have. Thomas Jeferson - - - - - - - -
Re: dinosaurs? [Re: Possum Hunter] #1370256
06/16/15 03:37 PM
06/16/15 03:37 PM
Helena
3toe Offline
Talking Turkey
3toe  Offline
Talking Turkey
Helena
I think the dinosaurs are with Elvis and Tupac.

Re: dinosaurs? [Re: Possum Hunter] #1370343
06/16/15 05:00 PM
06/16/15 05:00 PM
Chelsea, AL
straycat Offline
Old Mossy Horns
straycat  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Chelsea, AL
Am I too late to join in? See Shaw, I didn't get fired up grin

Dinosaurs:

Dinosaurs were real. Created by God.

A global catastrophe wiped them out.

We see their bones as fossils deposited in sedimentary layers all over the earth.

Interestingly enough, in some areas we find their bones deposited in mass with hundreds or thousands of other bones-broken, splinted, separated, jumbled mess--huge graveyards.

In short we find millions of dead things deposited in sediment layers laid down by water all over the earth.

The Bible speaks of one global catastrophe we refer to as Noah's Flood, but when you read about it it is much more than a flood. What would we expect to see as the aftermath of such an event, if it were real?

We'd most likely find millions of dead things deposited in sediment layers laid down by water all over the earth.

Age of the Earth/Timeline:

I don't believe in the millions/billions of years as the progressive atheist evolutionist machine pushes.

I believe in a literal creation story as revealed to us in God's Word. Day means a literal 24 hour day--Hebrew word "yom".

When was the earth created?....recently compared to the billions of years crowd. If one goes by the genealogy in the OT as being a full complete list, then 6,000-7,000 years old. If one understands the genealogy is true but might not list everyone...assume only 1/10th complete...then 60,000-70,000 years would not be hard to imagine. Either way or somewhere in between, it is still far short of the Billions of years promoted by evolution scientists and would totally rule out their views on evolution of all species.

Why this is important to me? When God created the earth all was good. When sin entered the Garden, mankind and the earth was cursed. Prior to that there was no death, disease, suffering, chaos, etc...because all was good as God created it. Now if the dinosaurs lived ages prior to the Garden and then subsequently died in the catastrophic death hat the fossil record shows, then there is now death, suffering, chaos, destruction--ALL before the curse. All before the curse...do you see that? If death existed before sin entered the world with Adam and Eve, then there is no need for Christ. Then there is no need for salvation. There are theological and spiritual implications here.

God's Word is Holy, Perfect, Inerrant, and written and preserved just as God intended. It is history along with HIS-Story. Culture today wants to have all the answers and we as a people will twist and manipulate the bible in ways to justify what works well for our own minds. I say let the Bible stand for what it says and don't try to add to it or take things out of it...I say that because God told us the same thing.

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.� Samuel Adams
Re: dinosaurs? [Re: straycat] #1370353
06/16/15 05:14 PM
06/16/15 05:14 PM
Smith Lake
300Ruger Offline
10 point
300Ruger  Offline
10 point
Smith Lake
Originally Posted By: straycat
Am I too late to join in? See Shaw, I didn't get fired up grin

Dinosaurs:

Dinosaurs were real. Created by God.

A global catastrophe wiped them out.

We see their bones as fossils deposited in sedimentary layers all over the earth.

Interestingly enough, in some areas we find their bones deposited in mass with hundreds or thousands of other bones-broken, splinted, separated, jumbled mess--huge graveyards.

In short we find millions of dead things deposited in sediment layers laid down by water all over the earth.

The Bible speaks of one global catastrophe we refer to as Noah's Flood, but when you read about it it is much more than a flood. What would we expect to see as the aftermath of such an event, if it were real?

We'd most likely find millions of dead things deposited in sediment layers laid down by water all over the earth.

Age of the Earth/Timeline:

I don't believe in the millions/billions of years as the progressive atheist evolutionist machine pushes.

I believe in a literal creation story as revealed to us in God's Word. Day means a literal 24 hour day--Hebrew word "yom".

When was the earth created?....recently compared to the billions of years crowd. If one goes by the genealogy in the OT as being a full complete list, then 6,000-7,000 years old. If one understands the genealogy is true but might not list everyone...assume only 1/10th complete...then 60,000-70,000 years would not be hard to imagine. Either way or somewhere in between, it is still far short of the Billions of years promoted by evolution scientists and would totally rule out their views on evolution of all species.

Why this is important to me? When God created the earth all was good. When sin entered the Garden, mankind and the earth was cursed. Prior to that there was no death, disease, suffering, chaos, etc...because all was good as God created it. Now if the dinosaurs lived ages prior to the Garden and then subsequently died in the catastrophic death hat the fossil record shows, then there is now death, suffering, chaos, destruction--ALL before the curse. All before the curse...do you see that? If death existed before sin entered the world with Adam and Eve, then there is no need for Christ. Then there is no need for salvation. There are theological and spiritual implications here.

God's Word is Holy, Perfect, Inerrant, and written and preserved just as God intended. It is history along with HIS-Story. Culture today wants to have all the answers and we as a people will twist and manipulate the bible in ways to justify what works well for our own minds. I say let the Bible stand for what it says and don't try to add to it or take things out of it...I say that because God told us the same thing.

Light travels at a constant speed. Carbon deteriorates at a constant rate. God made many laws that aren't addressed in the Bible. We know that now and didn't know that in the time of Moses. You can pretend that physics is junk science, but ask the folks in Hiroshima how well their god/king held up against God's unwritten laws.

Re: dinosaurs? [Re: Possum Hunter] #1370403
06/16/15 07:00 PM
06/16/15 07:00 PM
Montgomery, AL
Hunting-231 Offline
14 point
Hunting-231  Offline
14 point
Montgomery, AL
Yes, dinosaurs existed. Did they exist thousands/millions/billions of years ago (as we know time based on seconds, minutes, hours) - I don't know, nor do I care.

Time is a measurement that we can understand. It is broken down by day with the rotation of the Earth, and by the year based on the the revolution around the Sun.

According to Genesis Chapter 1:
On the first day, God created light; however, on the fourth day, God created the Sun, the moon, and the stars. Therefore, the yoms in the first 3-days cannot be measured as a literal 24-hour period because the Sun didn't exist.

Since the Sun didn't exist, we can probably assume that the earth didn't rotate nor move - there was no reason. We can probably also assume that the light that God created was able to sustain life and heat the oceans, rivers, and lakes and provide other necessities, since there were also plants on the Earth at that point (Day-3).

"The struggle you're in today, is developing the strength you need for tomorrow."
Re: dinosaurs? [Re: Possum Hunter] #1370406
06/16/15 07:05 PM
06/16/15 07:05 PM
North Alabama
YEKRUT Offline
Turkey Nut
YEKRUT  Offline
Turkey Nut
North Alabama
Is that new Jurassic park movie out yet? The previews looked awesome.

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters. —Archibald Rutledge—
Re: dinosaurs? [Re: YEKRUT] #1370407
06/16/15 07:08 PM
06/16/15 07:08 PM
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
jawbone Offline
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline
Freak of Nature
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
Originally Posted By: YEKRUT
Is that new Jurassic park movie out yet? The previews looked awesome.

From a spinoff thread: Just got back from seeing Jurassic World. Special effects and all are good, but Crichton would have been disappointed in the script. Not enough real science involved in it.

And not a word about the biblical aspect of dinosaurs. Bummer.

Last edited by jawbone; 06/16/15 07:10 PM.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.
Re: dinosaurs? [Re: 300Ruger] #1370479
06/17/15 02:49 AM
06/17/15 02:49 AM
Madison, AL
W
wmd Offline
10 point
wmd  Offline
10 point
W
Madison, AL
Originally Posted By: 300Ruger

Light travels at a constant speed. Carbon deteriorates at a constant rate. God made many laws that aren't addressed in the Bible. We know that now and didn't know that in the time of Moses. You can pretend that physics is junk science, but ask the folks in Hiroshima how well their god/king held up against God's unwritten laws.

Did Moses and the early Jews using something different in their calculations? shocked Had they known quantum mechanics, statistical thermodynamics, and advanced reaction rate law theories, would they have understood and recorded the many miracles and other supernatural events in the Bible differently?

I guess I am not smart enough to follow your line of thinking, but I do not think that one can prove nor dismiss God and what is recorded in the Bible using math, science, and engineering theories. I could be wrong though because there are a lot of folks out there much smarter than I am.

This is just my opinion, but I think that if one doesn't believe that the Bible is literal and true, references to Scripture probably isn't going to change their mind. Conversely, if one does believe that it is inspired, literal, and true then there is no need for math/science/engineering to "help" explain things. Personally, I think Hebrews 11 sums things up sufficiently (for me at least).

"Any way you look at it, most of the problems facing baboons can be expressed in two words: other baboons" -
D.L. Cheney and R.M. Seyfarth
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.