</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Mission SUB 1 XR Trade or Sale
by AL18. 04/28/24 10:36 AM
ISO gas golf cart
by Paint Rock 00. 04/27/24 06:55 PM
Taylormade irons and Ping 3W
by BamaBoHunter. 04/27/24 12:40 PM
.22 LR ammo for sale
by Rem870s2. 04/27/24 10:05 AM
ISO .22 pistol.
by hippi. 04/27/24 06:07 AM
Serious Deer Talk
Velvet
by Mbrock. 04/28/24 09:16 PM
Forever wild gun regs.
by N2TRKYS. 04/28/24 01:25 PM
Kansas draw
by Hunter454. 04/27/24 06:05 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by Squeaky. 04/26/24 12:07 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (BC_Reb, gregnbc, Ryano, 10mm, Todd1700), 867 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: When a Pitt Bull attacks... [Re: R_H_Clark] #1288525
03/06/15 04:24 PM
03/06/15 04:24 PM
Florida Panhandle
J
JTapia Offline
8 point
JTapia  Offline
8 point
J
Florida Panhandle
Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
Originally Posted By: JTapia

How do you know they are capable of living normal lives without incidence? The thing that is so alarming about this breed is that every week you hear of another attack by what up to then were just good family dogs. When they do decide to attack it's horrendous. It's a lot different than just getting bit by a Poodle or a Lab. I've read dozens of reports where these dogs killed family members. More often than not they killed small children. The owners were always floored that their wonderful loving dogs could have done such a thing.

First let me say that the statement "The owners were always floored that their wonderful loving dogs could have done such a thing" is said by ALL breeds that were involved in Fatal Dog bites.
Secondly, the most Identified "mix" breed involved in fatal dog bites are the Pit/Lab mix so apparently there is something in a Lab that brings out the worst in the Pit Bull.

Now I think we all can admit that even 1 fatal dog bite by any breed is unacceptable to a sane person but they are an unavoidable fact of life. With that in mind I submit to you the following stats and some math:

Average Number of Deaths per year in the US: 2,596,993(CDC)

Average number of deaths from Dog Bites(all breeds) per year in the US: This is tricky. The CDC States that there are on average 17 deaths per year since 1980 however I have found several sites that say there are around 30 per year so we'll use the larger number. So the number for this is: 30

Now, according to DogBite.org there are, on average, roughly 67% of annual Fatal Dog bite deaths attributed to Pit Bull , Pit Bull/mix and Pit Bull "type". To be fair we'll use all of these and not quibble the differences between breeds that "look" like a pit and a real pit. So 67% of 30 = 18

So, on average, out of 2,596,993 annual deaths in the US 18 of those were caused by a certain dog breed???
Looking at these numbers I would say there is a lot of misplaced, misguided animosity against a breed of dog that causes 0.000006931092998710432% of all deaths in the US.

I think some of you have an unhealthy phobia.
The evidence and facts just don't support the assertion that all Pit Bulls should die because they are so dangerous. Sorry fellas.

Other interesting things on the list of Facts....By number of fatal bite within the breed, the Husky is more than twice as deadly as the Pit Bull and all of its "type". Percent of Huskys that kill humans .81% The percent of Pit Bulls and Pit Bull "Types" population that are involved in fatal dog bites: .41%. If there were the same number of Huskies in the US as there are Pit Bulls and Pit Bull "Types" there would statistically be twice as many fatal dog bites per year in the US. (Dog Bite Lawyer)

The deadliest animal in the US: the Honey Bee. Causing an average of 53 deaths in the US per year due to allergic reactions to the Bee sting.
As many as 100 deaths per year from allergic reactions to stings from Bees, Wasps, Hornets and Fire Ants combined(CDC)...I guess that could be Honey Bee "Type" also!!

According to the site from which you draw your stats Pits make up only 6% of the US dog population yet they are responsible for 64% of dog bite fatalities. It's not about numbers of deaths, it's about percentages.

Of coarse there are more deaths by nearly every other means when compared to dog bites. There are certainly more deaths from automobile crashes. However, if there were one automobile that made up only 6% of US ownership yet it was responsible for 64% of all auto fatalities we wouldn't pretend there wasn't a problem with that vehicle, and it would be ridiculous to argue that everyone was simply mistaken about the make and model of that automobile.

That is a misnomer. That is what they quote as the percentage of Pit Bull "legal" definition, of which there are 4 breeds legally described as "Pit Bulls, but stats are made up that include all Mix Breeds that have the "Pit Bull Look", a wedge shaped head.(Dogsbite.org)

The CDC said they stopped keep stats because of the Mixed Breeds that were being reported as "Pit Bulls" in the media, where these stats come from...there are no experts IDing these dogs just Joe Schmo on the street and kitty kat Katrina the news reporter making the ID as a Pit so as to make the story more sensational.

Last edited by JTapia; 03/06/15 04:31 PM.

Hunt'em hard when they are hard to hunt but never, ever hardly hunt!
Re: When a Pitt Bull attacks... [Re: shooters] #1288529
03/06/15 04:26 PM
03/06/15 04:26 PM
Florida Panhandle
J
JTapia Offline
8 point
JTapia  Offline
8 point
J
Florida Panhandle
Originally Posted By: shooters
I would rather see important studies of pitbulls. Like how many bullets does it take to kill one? At what range do most people shoot pitbulls at? Do more people kill pitbulls with a rifle,shotgun,or pistol? How many people have killed a pitbull? I would much rather see the % of these questions answered? grin

I thought with all of you killas on here yall would alreadyu know how many bullets it takes!! grin

Re: When a Pitt Bull attacks... [Re: Wiley Coyote] #1288534
03/06/15 04:29 PM
03/06/15 04:29 PM
Over yonder
E
extreme heights hunter Offline
Booner
extreme heights hunter  Offline
Booner
E
Over yonder
Wow. You guys are still yacking about this crap. Y'all should masturbate more often.

Re: When a Pitt Bull attacks... [Re: JTapia] #1288535
03/06/15 04:30 PM
03/06/15 04:30 PM
NW Alabama
R
R_H_Clark Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R_H_Clark  Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R
NW Alabama
Originally Posted By: M48scout

How do you know they are capable of living normal lives without incidence? The thing that is so alarming about this breed is that every week you hear of another attack by what up to then were just good family dogs. When they do decide to attack it's horrendous. It's a lot different than just getting bit by a Poodle or a Lab. I've read dozens of reports where these dogs killed family members. More often than not they killed small children. The owners were always floored that their wonderful loving dogs could have done such a thing.

First let me say that the statement "The owners were always floored that their wonderful loving dogs could have done such a thing" is said by ALL breeds that were involved in Fatal Dog bites.
Secondly, the most Identified "mix" breed involved in fatal dog bites are the Pit/Lab mix so apparently there is something in a Lab that brings out the worst in the Pit Bull.

Now I think we all can admit that even 1 fatal dog bite by any breed is unacceptable to a sane person but they are an unavoidable fact of life. With that in mind I submit to you the following stats and some math:

Average number of deaths from Dog Bites(all breeds) per year in the US: This is tricky. The CDC States that there are on average 17 deaths per year since 1980 however I have found several sites that say there are around 30 per year so we'll use the larger number. So the number for this is: 30

Now, according to DogBite.org there are, on average, roughly 67% of annual Fatal Dog bite deaths attributed to Pit Bull , Pit Bull/mix and Pit Bull "type". To be fair we'll use all of these and not quibble the differences between breeds that "look" like a pit and a real pit. So 67% of 30 = 18

So, on average, out of 2,596,993 annual deaths in the US 18 of those were caused by a certain dog breed???
Looking at these numbers I would say there is a lot of misplaced, misguided animosity against a breed of dog that causes 0.000006931092998710432% of all deaths in the US.

The evidence and facts just don't support the assertion that all Pit Bulls should die because they are so dangerous. Sorry fellas.

Other interesting things on the list of Facts....By number of fatal bite within the breed, the Husky is more than twice as deadly as the Pit Bull and all of its "type". Percent of Huskys that kill humans .81% The percent of Pit Bulls and Pit Bull "Types" population that are involved in fatal dog bites: .41%. If there were the same number of Huskies in the US as there are Pit Bulls and Pit Bull "Types" there would statistically be twice as many fatal dog bites per year in the US. (Dog Bite Lawyer)

The deadliest animal in the US: the Honey Bee. Causing an average of 53 deaths in the US per year due to allergic reactions to the Bee sting.
As many as 100 deaths per year from allergic reactions to stings from Bees, Wasps, Hornets and Fire Ants combined(CDC)...I guess that could be Honey Bee "Type" also!!

And if you consider the fact that pitbull-type dogs represent a minority of all total dogs, but yet represent the lions share of fatal bites, that points you to why people have the distaste they do for these animals.

That can not be factually proven. With so many different breeds and "types" along with Mixed breeds attributed as being "Pits", I would say that the Pit Bull and all of its' "Types" are the MOST populous dogs in the US.

The Stats I listed are verifiable and produced by the anti Pit Bull groups and the CDC.

So you are back to the same old tired argument that the dogs doing all the killing were just misidentified as being Pits.

How about we put that argument to rest by saying that the breed that people think looks like a pit is responsible for an incredibly disproportionate amount of deaths in the US. Let's just say that people should avoid breeds that look like or could be misidentified as Pits. Furthermore, let's warn people that these Pit lookalikes are incredible dangerous and should be destroyed on sight.

Re: When a Pitt Bull attacks... [Re: R_H_Clark] #1288540
03/06/15 04:36 PM
Florida Panhandle
J
JTapia Offline
8 point
JTapia  Offline
8 point
J
Florida Panhandle
Originally Posted By: M48scout

And if you consider the fact that pitbull-type dogs represent a minority of all total dogs, but yet represent the lions share of fatal bites, that points you to why people have the distaste they do for these animals.

That can not be factually proven. With so many different breeds and "types" along with Mixed breeds attributed as being "Pits", I would say that the Pit Bull and all of its' "Types" are the MOST populous dogs in the US.

The Stats I listed are verifiable and produced by the anti Pit Bull groups and the CDC.

So you are back to the same old tired argument that the dogs doing all the killing were just misidentified as being Pits.

How about we put that argument to rest by saying that the breed that people think looks like a pit is responsible for an incredibly disproportionate amount of deaths in the US. Let's just say that people should avoid breeds that look like or could be misidentified as Pits. Furthermore, let's warn people that these Pit lookalikes are incredible dangerous and should be destroyed on sight.

I'm not saying it, the websites yall get your info from are saying that dogs that are counted as Pit Bulls may not even have any Pit Bull blood in them, only that they have the wedge shaped head and "look" like a pit bull.

"incredible dangerous"??? LMAO that is funny right there...18 deaths out of 2,596,993 deaths per year!!?
0.000006931092998710432% of all deaths in the US on average!!?

I see you are still sticking to your tired and unproven argument that these dogs are the most dangerous thing on the planet! loco

Re: When a Pitt Bull attacks... [Re: extreme heights hunter] #1288542
Florida Panhandle
J
JTapia Offline
8 point
JTapia  Offline
8 point
J
Florida Panhandle
Originally Posted By: extreme heights hunter
Wow. You guys are still yacking about this crap. Y'all should masturbate more often.

My hand hurts soooo..... grin

Re: When a Pitt Bull attacks... [Re: Wiley Coyote] #1288553
03/06/15 04:45 PM
03/06/15 04:45 PM
NW Alabama
R
R_H_Clark Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R_H_Clark  Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R
NW Alabama
"incredible dangerous"??? LMAO that is funny right there...18 deaths out of 2,596,993 deaths per year!!?

You just don't get it do you? We aren't talking about all the things that can kill you. We are talking about DEATH BY DOG ATTACK!

If pits kill 18 a year and every other breed combined kills 4, yet Pits only make up 6% of the total, that makes death by Pits or even Pit lookalikes incredibly disproportionate.

How many people die every year from everything else has nothing to do with it!!!

Re: When a Pitt Bull attacks... [Re: Wiley Coyote] #1288571
03/06/15 04:58 PM
03/06/15 04:58 PM
chilton co.
trox28 Offline
on probation
trox28  Offline
on probation
chilton co.
I love pit bulls..Tapia you keep up the good work amigo thumbup

Re: When a Pitt Bull attacks... [Re: R_H_Clark] #1288574
03/06/15 05:01 PM
03/06/15 05:01 PM
Florida Panhandle
J
JTapia Offline
8 point
JTapia  Offline
8 point
J
Florida Panhandle

You just don't get it do you? We aren't talking about all the things that can kill you. We are talking about DEATH BY DOG ATTACK!

If pits kill 18 a year and every other breed combined kills 4, yet Pits only make up 6% of the total, that makes death by Pits or even Pit lookalikes incredibly disproportionate.

How many people die every year from everything else has nothing to do with it!!!

Oh YES I DO GET IT

See you are still using skewed stats...that 6% is the LEGAL DEFINITION OF A PIT BULL WHICH ONLY INCLUDES FOUR BREEDS The Number of fatal dog bite stats provided ALSO include all of the otherMIXED BREEDS and OTHER BREEDS SUCH AS THE BOXER

READ IT ALL AND NOT JUST THE PARTS YOU WANT TO AGREE WITH

Your math is also wrong, 18 is 67% of 30 average deaths a year so that means that the number of other breeds would be 30-18=12 other fatal dog bites.

How you die is absolutely connected to the death when you put the INCREDIBLE DANGEROUS adjective on the dog breed to make it appear more deadly that it really is in the grand scheme of things.

Re: When a Pitt Bull attacks... [Re: trox28] #1288578
03/06/15 05:03 PM
03/06/15 05:03 PM
Florida Panhandle
J
JTapia Offline
8 point
JTapia  Offline
8 point
J
Florida Panhandle
Originally Posted By: trox28

I don't even own one! eek

Re: When a Pitt Bull attacks... [Re: JTapia] #1288617
03/06/15 05:35 PM
03/06/15 05:35 PM
chilton co.
trox28 Offline
on probation
trox28  Offline
on probation
chilton co.

Me either but they sleep in my yard from time to time.

Re: When a Pitt Bull attacks... [Re: trox28] #1288757
03/06/15 07:47 PM
03/06/15 07:47 PM
Florida Panhandle
J
JTapia Offline
8 point
JTapia  Offline
8 point
J
Florida Panhandle

Me either but they sleep in my yard from time to time.

I'm sure they do.

Re: When a Pitt Bull attacks... [Re: Wiley Coyote] #1288762
03/06/15 07:54 PM
03/06/15 07:54 PM
Morgan county
Seth86 Offline
8 point
Seth86  Offline
8 point
Morgan county
So you Pitt haters.. What do you think about chows? Or one of those other breeds with a bad name.

Sometimes, it is hard to live with these two wolves inside me, for both of them try to dominate my spirit."
Re: When a Pitt Bull attacks... [Re: Seth86] #1288791
03/07/15 12:11 AM
03/07/15 12:11 AM
chilton co.
trox28 Offline
on probation
trox28  Offline
on probation
chilton co.
Originally Posted By: Seth86
So you Pitt haters.. What do you think about chows? Or one of those other breeds with a bad name.

I hate them too...As a matter of fact there aint many dogs i really like including my own.

Re: When a Pitt Bull attacks... [Re: trox28] #1289008
03/07/15 06:35 AM
03/07/15 06:35 AM
Florida Panhandle
J
JTapia Offline
8 point
JTapia  Offline
8 point
J
Florida Panhandle
Originally Posted By: Seth86

I hate them too...As a matter of fact there aint many dogs i really like including my own.

grin thumbup rofl

Re: When a Pitt Bull attacks... [Re: Wiley Coyote] #1289978
03/08/15 08:32 AM
03/08/15 08:32 AM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there

"Pit" bites 4-year old. Story does not indicate confirmation of the dog's breed - a mistake by this news media source.

Owner and father of said dog puts it in a kennel, kills it with rifle.

Now the father who did the right thing is being charged with felony animal cruelty.

A $(#@$#* dog gets more protection. Cruelty? Bullhockey.

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20150303/GJNEWS_01/150309821

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: When a Pitt Bull attacks... [Re: Wiley Coyote] #1290052
03/08/15 10:39 AM
03/08/15 10:39 AM
Guntersville
K
klay Offline
10 point
klay  Offline
10 point
K
Guntersville
Well, that's about the craziest thing I've seen today.

Re: When a Pitt Bull attacks... [Re: Wiley Coyote] #1291326
03/09/15 11:58 AM
03/09/15 11:58 AM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: When a Pitt Bull attacks... [Re: Clem] #1291336
03/09/15 12:03 PM
03/09/15 12:03 PM
NW Alabama
R
R_H_Clark Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R_H_Clark  Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R
NW Alabama
Originally Posted By: Clem

That was just a poodle masquerading as a Pitt.

Re: When a Pitt Bull attacks... [Re: R_H_Clark] #1291715
03/10/15 12:30 AM
03/10/15 12:30 AM
Locust Fork, Alabama
BC Offline
Freak of Nature
BC  Offline
Freak of Nature
Locust Fork, Alabama
Originally Posted By: Clem

That was just a poodle masquerading as a Pitt.

That's right. A pit wouldn't do that.......damn lying ass media.

"Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters."

-- Archibald Rutledge
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.