</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
2019 Yamaha Grizzly 90
by Paddlejon. 05/02/24 01:03 PM
Ruger No 1 AB
by limabean. 05/02/24 09:31 AM
ISO 6’-7’ finish mower
by nomercy. 05/01/24 09:31 PM
Ruger GP100 and Rossi .243 single shot for sale
by whitetail35. 05/01/24 02:12 PM
Glock 31 357 sig
by chasew808. 05/01/24 08:53 AM
Serious Deer Talk
Velvet
by Big Bore. 05/01/24 11:16 PM
Forever wild gun regs.
by Frankie. 05/01/24 03:42 PM
Kansas draw
by booner. 05/01/24 02:56 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by demp17. 04/30/24 05:51 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Who's Online Now
122 registered members (Morgan, BCLC, coldtrail, ridgestalker, RSF, 7mmSTW, Backwater, oakachoy, dirkdaddy, abolt300, USeeMSpurs, CarbonClimber1, DixieRidge, JB71, Skillet, GomerPyle, odocoileus, turkey247, outdoorguy88, Woodsy, JBrown1975, 7PTSPREAD, Kang, BC_Reb, foldemup, mossyback, MikeP, Mack1, BigEd, Big Game Hunter, Shane99, dquick1, Bows4evr, Big Al, DoubleB, Oscarflytyer, Bandit635, apolloslade, canichols424, Floorman1, JLMiller, Peach, Stu, mcninja, Squadron77, nomercy, WPZJR, casper36092, GATA87, KnightRyder, CeeHawk37, JEM270, deepwoods44, Whiskey9, BPI, sj22, HappyHunter, 270wsm, Justice, Bamarich2, mathews prostaff, leroyb, Wade, Cactus_buck, AJones, IDOT, Gobble4me757, BayedUp, AU7MM08, blade, Longtine, CouchNapper, top cat, treemydog, BamaBoHunter, CNC, jhardy, Gary Harris, Bruno, cmontgomery, Ol’Tom, KENT, Beer Belly, JustHunt, BrentsFX4, Okatuppa, hoggin, Young20, gobblebox, 10 POINT, MC21, jprice, twaldrop4, Shmoe, Canterberry, AUSKEETER, Blessed, rutwad, Chiller, Bread, Red Fox, Tree Dweller, Showout, JohnG, JDW25, Turkey Petter, Hunting15, Ron A., Turkey, crocker, Ray_Coon, aubigmac, 10 invisible), 742 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: The Best Game Warden in Alabama. Who is it ? [Re: Hogwild] #1194414
12/21/14 03:02 AM
12/21/14 03:02 AM
North Jackson
R
ridgestalker Online content
14 point
ridgestalker  Online Content
14 point
R
North Jackson
Originally Posted By: Hogwild
Originally Posted By: x6001
Second day of gun season in 2010 got out of bed when nobody else would and killed my deer of a lifetime in Dallas County 220 pound 10-point. Been hunting 40 years and finally got a nice one. Headed home excited as could be stopped in Thomasville to use the bathroom and get a drink. The lady at the gas station saw the deer and asked me about it. I was telling her the story, I was so excited as a tall black guy stands there listening. She asks if she can see it so we go to my truck. I am on cloud 9. The black guy follows us out. The lady and I talk for a few more minutes and she walks off. That is when he says "Ok its my turn". He flashes a badge from under his coat that is on his belt. I thought I'm legal; then I remembered I didn't fill out the back of my license. My excitement is shattered. I hand him my license and tell him I forgot. He tells me the only chance I have is if I have got a pen in my truck to fill it out; if not I'm getting a ticket. I turned from disappointment to anger. He saw how excited I was and I felt he was just trying to ruin my day. I knew I had a pen but at this point I told him sir just do whatever you need to do. Anyway he handed me his pen and I filled it out and went on my way. I was wrong I know but he didn't have to be that way either.

Steve James.

And, yes, you were wrong.....simple as that!
If you can't get along with Steve, you have a problem. He is a really good guy. And, your story proves it! smile

I don't know these people but I promise he treated you more than fair. I saw a GW in GA tell a fellow to back his truck up to his and transfer his buck to the GW truck while he filled out the ticket.

"The Heavens declare the glory of God;and the firmament sheweth his handiwork" Pslam 19:1
Re: The Best Game Warden in Alabama. Who is it ? [Re: LinPos] #1194533
12/21/14 05:02 AM
12/21/14 05:02 AM
Dothan
L
LIOJeff Offline
8 point
LIOJeff  Offline
8 point
L
Dothan
Not sure what county he is in now but I knew Brad Gavins before he was a GW. He's a great bow hunter and a big time rattlesnake catcher.

Re: The Best Game Warden in Alabama. Who is it ? [Re: LinPos] #1194956
12/21/14 01:39 PM
12/21/14 01:39 PM
se alabama
S
slipn Offline
4 point
slipn  Offline
4 point
S
se alabama
Brad's another one from Dale county. I believe he's a Jimmy Jones protege - good fella and outstanding outdoorsman.

Re: The Best Game Warden in Alabama. Who is it ? [Re: LinPos] #1195001
12/21/14 02:47 PM
12/21/14 02:47 PM
Enterprise, Alabama
A
arKic Offline
6 point
arKic  Offline
6 point
A
Enterprise, Alabama
Yep, just saw Brad in August.. Damn fine fella....

Re: The Best Game Warden in Alabama. Who is it ? [Re: Hogwild] #1195007
12/21/14 02:53 PM
12/21/14 02:53 PM
Monroe Co.,Al
G
gobblebox Online content
10 point
gobblebox  Online Content
10 point
G
Monroe Co.,Al
Originally Posted By: Hogwild
Originally Posted By: x6001
Second day of gun season in 2010 got out of bed when nobody else would and killed my deer of a lifetime in Dallas County 220 pound 10-point. Been hunting 40 years and finally got a nice one. Headed home excited as could be stopped in Thomasville to use the bathroom and get a drink. The lady at the gas station saw the deer and asked me about it. I was telling her the story, I was so excited as a tall black guy stands there listening. She asks if she can see it so we go to my truck. I am on cloud 9. The black guy follows us out. The lady and I talk for a few more minutes and she walks off. That is when he says "Ok its my turn". He flashes a badge from under his coat that is on his belt. I thought I'm legal; then I remembered I didn't fill out the back of my license. My excitement is shattered. I hand him my license and tell him I forgot. He tells me the only chance I have is if I have got a pen in my truck to fill it out; if not I'm getting a ticket. I turned from disappointment to anger. He saw how excited I was and I felt he was just trying to ruin my day. I knew I had a pen but at this point I told him sir just do whatever you need to do. Anyway he handed me his pen and I filled it out and went on my way. I was wrong I know but he didn't have to be that way either.

Steve James.

And, yes, you were wrong.....simple as that!
If you can't get along with Steve, you have a problem. He is a really good guy. And, your story proves it! smile

You were in the wrong and want to act like the GW was being a dick because you killed a big buck and forgot to write him down,sounds like he understood that you may have been excited and forgot and was giving you a chance to make it right,personally, if you would have told me to "do whatever you need to do", you would have left with a ticket

Last edited by gobblebox; 12/21/14 02:54 PM.
Re: The Best Game Warden in Alabama. Who is it ? [Re: LIOJeff] #1195038
12/21/14 03:18 PM
12/21/14 03:18 PM
CAHABA WMA
PEA_RIDGE Offline
10 point
PEA_RIDGE  Offline
10 point
CAHABA WMA
Originally Posted By: LIOJeff
Not sure what county he is in now but I knew Brad Gavins before he was a GW. He's a great bow hunter and a big time rattlesnake catcher.

JEFF BRAD IS IN CRENSHAW COUNTY NOW, I SURE DID HATE TO SEE HIM LEAVE SHELBY COUNTY BUT THAT IS WHERE HE WAS BORN AND RAISED. HE IS A DAMN FINE FELLA, HE AND I USED TO GO NOODLING MANY TIMES DURING THE SUMMERS AND HE EVEN HAD ME TO HIS HOUSE FOR DINNER A FEW TIMES.

Fletch

Triple Toe Assassins, Where Pellets Meet Peckers

"A turkey's brain development exceeds that of nearly all vice-presidents." - TOM KELLY

The bird possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness. - TOM KELLY

Re: The Best Game Warden in Alabama. Who is it ? [Re: LinPos] #1195085
12/21/14 04:03 PM
12/21/14 04:03 PM
AL
ClarkGriswold Offline
4 point
ClarkGriswold  Offline
4 point
AL
Maybe this guy was the best...

A hillbilly went hunting one day in West Virginia and bagged three ducks. He put them in the bed of his pickup truck and was about to drive home where he was confronted by an ornery game warden who didnt like hillbillies.The game warden ordered to the hillbilly to show his hunting license, and the hillbilly pulled out a valid West Virginia hunting license. The game warden looked at the license, then reached over and picked up one of the ducks, sniffed its butt, and said, This duck aint from West Virginia . This is a Kentucky duck. You got a Kentuckey huntin license, boy? The hillbilly reached into his wallet and produced a Kentucky hunting license. The game warden looked at it, then reached over and grabbed the second duck, sniffed its butt, and said, This aint no Kentucky duck. This ducks from Tennessee. You got an Tennessee license? The hillbilly reached into his wallet and produced an Tennessee license. The warden then reached over and picked up the third duck, sniffed its butt, and said This aint no Tennessee duck. This here ducks from Virginia. . You got a Virginia. huntin license? Again the hillbilly reached into his wallet and brought out a Virginia. hunting license. The game warden was extremely frustrated at this point, and he yelled at the hillbilly Just where the hell are you from? The hillbilly turned around, bent over, dropped his pants, and said You tell me, youre the expert!!

Re: The Best Game Warden in Alabama. Who is it ? [Re: LinPos] #1195174
12/21/14 05:31 PM
12/21/14 05:31 PM
Clanton
Turkey_neck Offline
Booner
Turkey_neck  Offline
Booner
Clanton
Brad was a damn good guy I had one dealing with him and he was one of the best I've ever dealt with.

Would walk over a naked woman to get to a gobblin turkey!
Re: The Best Game Warden in Alabama. Who is it ? [Re: LinPos] #1195502
12/22/14 05:53 AM
12/22/14 05:53 AM
Behind you
Avengedsevenfold Offline
10 point
Avengedsevenfold  Offline
10 point
Behind you
My vote goes to Clem Parnell. He stopped us gator hunting a few years back. Checked what he needed to. Was polite. One of the guys with us had forgotten his billfold so therefore didn't have has hunting license. Clem raised his flashlight just a little and said "well, considering I have checked this young man at least 3 times this gator season alone, I think I am ok with the excuse of him leaving his billfold back at the camp"...and that was it.

Another thing he did that gets him a vote is that we were on a big one that kept going down on us in a little backwater slough. One way in, one way out. We had to sit on him for a couple of hours. We saw a boat off in the distance, between us and the exit. I feel certain that they could tell what was going on, with us going from big lights to little lights over and over. Rather than come check us then and screw us up, they kept their distance until we got finished...and then came and checked us

That right there is a civil servant that is respectful of the people that he serves....wasn't a hint of unpleasantness, arrogance, or anything like that in him.

Carrying a gun isn't comfortable; but at times it is comforting

"Cause the cause for the pause you think you see is really concentration on the steel” NonPoint
Re: The Best Game Warden in Alabama. Who is it ? [Re: Avengedsevenfold] #1196124
12/22/14 04:35 PM
12/22/14 04:35 PM
south baldwin county
J
JayHook Offline
6 point
JayHook  Offline
6 point
J
south baldwin county
It was plumb stupid Hogwild how many he ticketed on that green grass.
Here's a story relayed to me by some folks on an offshore trip about Kelley's Flat.
They had a driver and 3-4 guys standing in the back with buckshot trying to kill that same muy grande all the locals were after. After several passes down to the store and back the driver finally sees him and gives the knock on the window that there he is. They stand up too soon...the buck walks out onto the road and stops...driver yelling shoot...shoot...shoot!!!They can't because they can't see for the tears rolling down their face from looking into the cold wind!!! Deer runs off. They pull back into their drive at the camper and Robert pulls right up behind them lights off and gets out and grills them...then gives them tickets for loaded guns on the highway.
Then they swear he says...good thing you kids stood up too soon and got blinded by tears or you would all be in jail now!!!
How long did you follow us? And in a typical Robert face said... JUST LONG ENOUGH!

Last edited by JayHook; 12/22/14 04:36 PM.
Re: The Best Game Warden in Alabama. Who is it ? [Re: shootnmiss] #1197033
12/23/14 11:01 AM
12/23/14 11:01 AM
Mayberry
Brent Offline
Administrator
Brent  Offline
Administrator
Mayberry
Originally Posted By: shootnmiss
Four pages and not one mention of Leon McKamey. laugh

That's because this thread isn't about catering.

"How in the hell did you get to be a moderator?"...Skinny

God Bless Nick Saban!
Re: The Best Game Warden in Alabama. Who is it ? [Re: JayHook] #1197037
12/23/14 11:05 AM
12/23/14 11:05 AM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there
Quote:
then gives them tickets for loaded guns on the highway.

This is against the law?

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: The Best Game Warden in Alabama. Who is it ? [Re: Clem] #1197049
12/23/14 11:13 AM
12/23/14 11:13 AM
alabama
BhamFred Offline
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Offline
Freak of Nature
alabama
Originally Posted By: Clem
Quote:

This is against the law?

not as stated. No such loaded gun in a vehicle or or on a highway. Unless it was for hunting from a highway or hunting from a motor vehicle.

Clem, FYI, a LOT of city popo think it is against the law to have a loaded long gun in a vehicle. My youngest brother dang near went to jail in Bham for having an UNLOADED shotgun, in a case, in his truck. Dumbass Bham cops said he was under arrest for "having a gun"...period. If I hadn't been there he would of gone to jail.

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one
Re: The Best Game Warden in Alabama. Who is it ? [Re: JayHook] #1197057
12/23/14 11:17 AM
12/23/14 11:17 AM
Thomasville, AL
H
Hogwild Offline
Booner
Hogwild  Offline
Booner
H
Thomasville, AL
Originally Posted By: JayHook
It was plumb stupid Hogwild how many he ticketed on that green grass.
Here's a story relayed to me by some folks on an offshore trip about Kelley's Flat.
They had a driver and 3-4 guys standing in the back with buckshot trying to kill that same muy grande all the locals were after. After several passes down to the store and back the driver finally sees him and gives the knock on the window that there he is. They stand up too soon...the buck walks out onto the road and stops...driver yelling shoot...shoot...shoot!!!They can't because they can't see for the tears rolling down their face from looking into the cold wind!!! Deer runs off. They pull back into their drive at the camper and Robert pulls right up behind them lights off and gets out and grills them...then gives them tickets for loaded guns on the highway.
Then they swear he says...good thing you kids stood up too soon and got blinded by tears or you would all be in jail now!!!
How long did you follow us? And in a typical Robert face said... JUST LONG ENOUGH!

Dang shame that deer got killed...... Robert hauled those antlers around a while. Not sure what he did with them??

A guy that was in my grade in school got to seeing 2 BIG bucks here by the house.....he started riding through at night a LOT. He pulled up one night at Johnny Bagley's pasture, turned in and eased up the little road by the field......turned his light on....and there they were!! He eased the rifle out, got em in the scope and eased the Safety off.....about the time the Safety clicked, Roberts big hand grabbed the barrel and shoved it down and said. "Don't do it. I've seen enough!" He almost crapped his pants! Robert had stepped on back of his truck as he went through the rough ditch into the old road without him knowing it!!!! LMAO grin

He was a good warden and a great guy!!! thumbup

Re: The Best Game Warden in Alabama. Who is it ? [Re: BhamFred] #1197059
12/23/14 11:19 AM
12/23/14 11:19 AM
Thomasville, AL
H
Hogwild Offline
Booner
Hogwild  Offline
Booner
H
Thomasville, AL
Originally Posted By: BhamFred
Quote:

This is against the law?

not as stated. No such loaded gun in a vehicle or or on a highway. Unless it was for hunting from a highway or hunting from a motor vehicle.

Clem, FYI, a LOT of city popo think it is against the law to have a loaded long gun in a vehicle. My youngest brother dang near went to jail in Bham for having an UNLOADED shotgun, in a case, in his truck. Dumbass Bham cops said he was under arrest for "having a gun"...period. If I hadn't been there he would of gone to jail.

My guess would be the loaded guns were cited as evidence they were 'hunting' at night from a vehicle after he observed their behavior.

But, just guessing!

Re: The Best Game Warden in Alabama. Who is it ? [Re: LinPos] #1197066
12/23/14 11:25 AM
12/23/14 11:25 AM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there
If they were given a citation for "loaded guns on the highway" then that's BS, and BS if they signed and accepted that.

Jeepers.

I guess if you rode around with a gun rack in the pickup and rifle, you'd be surrounded by cops with guns drawn. What a damned society we live in now.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: The Best Game Warden in Alabama. Who is it ? [Re: BhamFred] #1197074
12/23/14 11:31 AM
12/23/14 11:31 AM
Boxes Cove
2Dogs Offline
Freak of Nature
2Dogs  Offline
Freak of Nature
Boxes Cove
Originally Posted By: BhamFred
Quote:

This is against the law?

Was riding around shooting ground hogs with two buddies in the early 80's . We were stopped on the side of highway 72 , glassing for a pig when a State Trooper pulled up. He walked to the car and saw 2 rifles , made us get out and he got the rifles out and started jackin' bullets out. Well he went nuts, said he was going to arrest us. I told him it was perfectly legal and at the time could shoot from the road. I convinced him to radio the sheriff and have them radio the GW. Well I guess we know how it turned out, one mad Trooper named Luther Joe Prichett.

"Why do you ask"?

Always vote the slowest path to socialism.

Re: The Best Game Warden in Alabama. Who is it ? [Re: LinPos] #1197095
12/23/14 11:46 AM
12/23/14 11:46 AM
Greensboro AL
bamasion Offline
spike
bamasion  Offline
spike
Greensboro AL
BhamFred, it's been a long time since I have heard the name Chester Pugh... Didn't know if he was still around or not. He used to work with my dad in Sumter years ago.

Re: The Best Game Warden in Alabama. Who is it ? [Re: 2Dogs] #1197099
12/23/14 11:47 AM
12/23/14 11:47 AM
south baldwin county
J
JayHook Offline
6 point
JayHook  Offline
6 point
J
south baldwin county
One locally famous turkey hunter got his limit of turkeys one year somewhere along about 1980. All the pics in the paper. Proud as he was he quit hunting April 1. Somebody at T&S asked him why he was hanging around instead of hunting...said he heard through the grapevine that his season was over since he had his picture in the paper to finish his limit!
Hard pill to swallow for him! Never had his picture made again to put in the paper!!!

Re: The Best Game Warden in Alabama. Who is it ? [Re: bamasion] #1197227
12/23/14 01:12 PM
12/23/14 01:12 PM
alabama
BhamFred Offline
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Offline
Freak of Nature
alabama
Originally Posted By: bamasion
BhamFred, it's been a long time since I have heard the name Chester Pugh... Didn't know if he was still around or not. He used to work with my dad in Sumter years ago.

last I heard he was selling Real Estate in Demopolis....

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.