Originally Posted By: JTapia
Originally Posted By: jmack66
If he comes back out on the right of way after her again and shows aggression,,, he will be dealt with. I would sure hate to kill a mans dog but o-well. They should have him chained or in a pen.

As it should be.
You are not going to "deal" with a Pit Bull, you are going to "deal" with an aggressive dog that happens to be, as described by you, a pit bull.

There are those on this site that would trespass onto your neighbors yard and poison that dog simply because the dog is a pit Bull breed....or atleast they think it is, regardless of whether the dog has shown aggression or not.
Given that aggression is common with all dogs when it comes to "their" territory it bewilders me where they get this hatred of the breed. Oh they'll say it's because they kill babies, more than other dog breeds, but fail to realize the mini blind cords and babies momma's boyfriend kill way more babies a year than Pit Bulls and besides, how many babies is too much? Aren't babies killed by other breeds just as important? Why is their killers breed ignored?

Maybe it's just easier to do something that you can actually do something about? You'll never stop crazy people from killing people, you won't stop stoopid people from shaking babies that cry, you won't stop drunks & druggies from mistreating the people around them but some folks feel like keeping animals that inherently possess lethal ability as "pet" just doesn't make sense in a society and they CAN do something about it.

Personally I don't give a chit if people raise & fight dogs, chickens or crocodiles, I have no moral issue with it. Keeping them as "pets" in a neighborhood just doesn't make sense to me, and denying their dangerous nature is just a bit ridiculous. I think you are responsible for anything your pets do, and I've never had a problem putting down an aggressive animal or one that I decided could do me harm in a particular environment. A pit bull in my yard is just as much a threat to me as a rattlesnake in the woods I hunt, I don't need either one of them in my life.