</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
ISO boxblade
by kntree. 05/07/24 09:48 PM
WTB: 20ga remchoke
by AU7MM08. 05/07/24 05:01 PM
G Force AR style 12ga
by MikeP. 05/07/24 02:29 PM
Winchester sx4 20 ga $900
by CrappieMan. 05/07/24 02:22 PM
WTB 3” Remington 870 20 gauge
by JUGHEAD. 05/07/24 10:55 AM
Serious Deer Talk
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by Mbrock. 05/07/24 10:17 PM
Kansas Bowhunt timing
by ColeT. 05/07/24 02:57 PM
Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump
by marshmud991. 05/06/24 05:08 PM
Meat hunt outfitter?
by Snuffy. 05/06/24 03:28 PM
Who's got the best deer hunting in AL
by Overland. 05/06/24 02:53 PM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Lowndes county club
by Doeslayer44. 05/07/24 10:11 AM
Looking for Turkey Hunting Land
by Nightwatchman. 05/06/24 01:46 PM
Need dozer work. Cullman area
by Trecker1. 05/02/24 02:33 PM
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Who's Online Now
14 registered members (Forrestgump1, bhammedic84, RCHRR, Shmoe, Elba thermal, cartervj, Jweeks, dustymac, coachg34, MarksOutdoors, Geezer, 3 invisible), 845 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Primitive man question. Serious question. [Re: Wiley Coyote] #1177680
12/07/14 05:58 AM
12/07/14 05:58 AM
Tampa
B
Beer Belly Offline
Freak of Nature
Beer Belly  Offline
Freak of Nature
B
Tampa
Neanderthals had shorter, thicker limbs. They did great & were more equipped physically, than homo sapiens, to handle the cold. But, they used far more energy to run and throw. This is why homo sapien won out in the end. Almost all white people have neanderthal DNA remaining. The highest percent neanderthal DNA is found in China. There are some part of Africa where the DNA is neanderthal free, and guess where the BEST long distance runners are from?

Pretty amazing. Remember our ancient ancestors were nearly as smart as we are today, they just lacked technology. Don't think of them as lesser. If you started today and hunted every day with a spear, you would kill a deer before the end of the season. Also remember you could hunt at night.

Last edited by Beer Belly; 12/07/14 06:18 AM.

--------------
For what it is worth: I still agree with me!
A big man will stand up for himself; a great man will stand up for others.
Processor Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1OTDcvGoo3puyO-CV10he3pH97IE
Re: Primitive man question. Serious question. [Re: Wiley Coyote] #1177895
12/07/14 11:07 AM
12/07/14 11:07 AM
alabama
BhamFred Offline
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Offline
Freak of Nature
alabama
you'd starve before ya killed one...

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one
Re: Primitive man question. Serious question. [Re: Wiley Coyote] #1177929
12/07/14 11:38 AM
12/07/14 11:38 AM
Cleburne
.308 Offline
14 point
.308  Offline
14 point
Cleburne
Quote:
Also remember you could hunt at night.

& over corn in February with a spotlight & Beagles. I would assume there was no possum sheriff back then.

"When you've stared down the barrel of a shotgun in your own home, 3rd & 20 don't seem too bad"......Ken "Snake" Stabler
Re: Primitive man question. Serious question. [Re: BhamFred] #1177950
12/07/14 11:52 AM
12/07/14 11:52 AM
Colbert County
T
Teacher One Offline
14 point
Teacher One  Offline
14 point
T
Colbert County
Originally Posted By: BhamFred
you'd starve before ya killed one...

Speaking just for myself, I wouldnt last long at all. I would be trying to eat anything I could find to survive.

I can't stand a thief.
Re: Primitive man question. Serious question. [Re: Wiley Coyote] #1178870
12/08/14 06:41 AM
12/08/14 06:41 AM
Chelsea, AL
straycat Offline
Old Mossy Horns
straycat  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Chelsea, AL
Sigh...

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.� Samuel Adams
Re: Primitive man question. Serious question. [Re: Beer Belly] #1179030
12/08/14 08:57 AM
12/08/14 08:57 AM
Luverne, AL
Skinny Offline
GUVNER
Skinny  Offline
GUVNER
Luverne, AL
Originally Posted By: Beer Belly
Neanderthals had shorter, thicker limbs. They did great & were more equipped physically, than homo sapiens, to handle the cold. But, they used far more energy to run and throw. This is why homo sapien won out in the end. Almost all white people have neanderthal DNA remaining. The highest percent neanderthal DNA is found in China. There are some part of Africa where the DNA is neanderthal free, and guess where the BEST long distance runners are from?

That is sort of correct BB, There is latent Neander DNA in most all humans and it dates to around 100 thousand years. The aberrant stuff that has recently been picked up in Asia is actually Desvonian, which is late Homo Erectus DNA (just around 45kya) and it is most common in Melanisians. The great Kenyan runners have the same amount of Neander DNA as you or I, and their running ability is purely cultural. If you grew up running a 5k at age 5, you would be a damn fast long distance runner today.

We beat Neanderthals out because we have a higher birth rate, are more creative, and they could not handle global warming like we could.

Never Trust Government

"You can be broke but you cant be poor." Ruthie-May Webster
Re: Primitive man question. Serious question. [Re: Skinny] #1179102
12/08/14 09:59 AM
12/08/14 09:59 AM
Tampa
B
Beer Belly Offline
Freak of Nature
Beer Belly  Offline
Freak of Nature
B
Tampa
Originally Posted By: Skinny
If you grew up running a 5k at age 5, you would be a damn fast long distance runner today.

No I wouldn't. I would be okay, but never fast. I am built solely for comfort, not speed. Of course if I grew up chasing down animals for food, my "ass-bone" wouldn't be so big boned. I would probably be more narrow today.

----------- But

I have read and heard several places that part of the African population today are free of neanderthal DNA.

"Neanderthal-derived DNA accounts for an estimated 14% of the Eurasian genome, but it is significantly absent or uncommon in the genome of most Sub-Saharan African people."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaic_human_admixture_with_modern_humans

Obviously that is a wikipedia link and wikipedia is not always correct, but I have heard & read this other places.

I thought homo sapien & neanderthal had the same ancestor, but they developed in different parts of the world, giving rise to different species of "humans". They interbred in Europe/Asia as Homo Sapiens took over. There was little to no interbreeding in Africa.

Is the chart below wrong? Is there an alternative theory? I don't know, and am asking. You obviously know more about this area of study than I ever will. Were the homo sapiens in Africa void of neanderthal accountability partners?

Last edited by Beer Belly; 12/08/14 10:11 AM.

--------------
Processor Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1OTDcvGoo3puyO-CV10he3pH97IE
Re: Primitive man question. Serious question. [Re: Wiley Coyote] #1179164
12/08/14 10:42 AM
12/08/14 10:42 AM
Helena
3toe Offline
Talking Turkey
3toe  Offline
Talking Turkey
Helena
Where did that guy get the pair of Adidas?

Re: Primitive man question. Serious question. [Re: Wiley Coyote] #1179206
12/08/14 11:16 AM
12/08/14 11:16 AM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there
Amazing. Kenny Rogers and Mr. Miaggi are part of our evolutionary tree!

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: Primitive man question. Serious question. [Re: Wiley Coyote] #1179249
12/08/14 11:51 AM
12/08/14 11:51 AM
Chelsea, AL
straycat Offline
Old Mossy Horns
straycat  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Chelsea, AL
Whether one agrees or disagrees with modern human ancestry and history claims and reports, it needs to be understood that all of this falls under historical science. Historical science looks way back and is an educated guess since we cannot use all the steps of the proven scientific method:

Observation: We cannot observe Neanderthals or other assumed early ancestors of man as they were living, just bones and artifacts that have been found. There isn't even a written historical record from that time period to study.

Testing/Analysis/Experiments: Since all we have is bones and tools the only testing that can be done are various age testing or study of tool marks on bones, etc... We cannot analyze a living creature, cannot test or experiment on a living neanderthal, nor can we fall back to recorded observation data done in real time. Plus there are numerous studies that show some errors in commonly used dating methods that should at least require further testing.

Nor can we go back and observe or test Adam and Eve, Noah, Global disasters and the people at the Tower of Babel.

With these two required components missing, any conclusions are still theory, not fact. Perhaps sound theories that make lots of sense to some, but not proven facts. Evolutionary theory has so invaded science that far too often the historical sciences (of which I am a fan and find very interesting) and their conclusions are considered fact when they are actually theories still.

It is a matter of worldview at this point. If you believe in long ages and modern man as descending from on common different species (or a long ages biblical model), then it makes perfect sense to think that Neanderthal or Homo Erectus were different species that died out and that homo sapiens evolved and rose and prospered. It can't be proven, but it makes sense because the science answers it for you.

If, however, you hold a literal Biblical worldview it should be very different. There is but one accurate and authoritative written history of the world, and that is God's Word which Christ upholds. This marks that in the beginning God created mankind in His image along with all of creation in a short time span and that sin did not enter the world before the fall of man in the garden. There are dates, timelines, and real recorded history. But it is still outside of man's physical capabilities to go back in time and observe and to test.

The difference between these worldviews?
For the Secular/Scientific Worldview: Mankind hold the answers and science is the proven tool to answer all questions about the past. It is man who has the ultimate knowledge and answers. The presupposition is that the world is really old and that evolution is true because science has proven it so so everything is seen in that light.

For the Biblical Worldview: God has given us not just his Word but faith and relationship with Him so that we can rely on His Word as forever faithful and true; God has all authority and knowledge; Science is a valuable tool to understand our world but it is not the source of all knowledge or understanding. Science can confirm the Bible in many cases if and only if we start with the presupposition that the Bible is true.

Were Neanderthals a variation of man with intelligence, skills and abilities in God's Image and not a different species? Are there major problems with many of the dating methods used? For some of us yes, for others no.

My point in all of this is that it is a great to study and learn about the past but not to assume theory is fact.

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.� Samuel Adams
Re: Primitive man question. Serious question. [Re: straycat] #1179691
12/08/14 04:09 PM
12/08/14 04:09 PM
Winston County, AL
J
Joshua Offline
spike
Joshua  Offline
spike
J
Winston County, AL
Two quick points.

First, the first creation account was written as a hymn during the Babylonian captivity, as a direct response to the Babylonian creation story. In the Babylonian version, the god Marduk and his friends were evil, and created the world with blood and war. The Jews responded by writing their own version, one where God created the world out of love. It was never meant to be a scientific treatise, and we shouldn't try to stretch it out of shape like that.

We tend to read ancient literature, particularly the literature contained in the Bible, in our western, Greco-Roman philosophical mind. Ancient Greeks taught us to be literal and precise. Jews, on the other hand, were often neither. Thus, to read that an army had 10,000 men simply means "there was a whole lot of them." Like us Southerners, they were good at telling stories and exaggerating.

Second point. God is not constricted to using young earth creationism. God is much bigger than you or I can imagine. God is perfectly capable of setting events in motion and then guiding them along so that A leads to B and then to C. God is perfectly capable of using evolution if he so desires.

Remember, God created time. God's got all the time in the universe, and he can make more whenever he wants. If God wants to take the slow route, he certainly can do so. God very well could have done it all in a week, and he equally well could have done it over several trillion years. We go with the preponderance of evidence, however, and make the best guesses we can.

But like you said, we weren't there, so we don't really know.

Re: Primitive man question. Serious question. [Re: Wiley Coyote] #1179713
12/08/14 04:22 PM
12/08/14 04:22 PM
East Limestone County
N
N_AL_Slugger Offline
6 point
N_AL_Slugger  Offline
6 point
N
East Limestone County
I still can't figure out how a man could outlast a kudu in an endurance hunt. More research required on my part.

I am also curious how the hunt was filmed so perfectly. Dang cameraman must have been an ironman athlete as well.

I'm not casting doubt, but it does seem a little unreal given how fast and long I've seen a whitetail deer run.

Re: Primitive man question. Serious question. [Re: N_AL_Slugger] #1179796
12/08/14 04:49 PM
12/08/14 04:49 PM
Colbert County
T
Teacher One Offline
14 point
Teacher One  Offline
14 point
T
Colbert County
Good points slugger. I can't believe anyone can run like that.

I can't stand a thief.
Re: Primitive man question. Serious question. [Re: Wiley Coyote] #1179825
12/08/14 04:58 PM
12/08/14 04:58 PM
Tampa
B
Beer Belly Offline
Freak of Nature
Beer Belly  Offline
Freak of Nature
B
Tampa

Alright straycat, we will play your game. Since neanderthals were spread over a VAST area for many years based on the findings of their fossil records, from like ~2,000yrs ago, why isn't there mention of them in the bible.

--------------
Re: Primitive man question. Serious question. [Re: Joshua] #1179847
12/08/14 05:03 PM
12/08/14 05:03 PM
lat 34.09 long -86.13
metalmuncher Offline
Old Mossy Horns
metalmuncher  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
lat 34.09 long -86.13
Originally Posted By: Joshua
Two quick points.

First, the first creation account was written as a hymn during the Babylonian captivity, as a direct response to the Babylonian creation story. In the Babylonian version, the god Marduk and his friends were evil, and created the world with blood and war. The Jews responded by writing their own version, one where God created the world out of love. It was never meant to be a scientific treatise, and we shouldn't try to stretch it out of shape like that.

We tend to read ancient literature, particularly the literature contained in the Bible, in our western, Greco-Roman philosophical mind. Ancient Greeks taught us to be literal and precise. Jews, on the other hand, were often neither. Thus, to read that an army had 10,000 men simply means "there was a whole lot of them." Like us Southerners, they were good at telling stories and exaggerating.

Second point. God is not constricted to using young earth creationism. God is much bigger than you or I can imagine. God is perfectly capable of setting events in motion and then guiding them along so that A leads to B and then to C. God is perfectly capable of using evolution if he so desires.

Remember, God created time. God's got all the time in the universe, and he can make more whenever he wants. If God wants to take the slow route, he certainly can do so. God very well could have done it all in a week, and he equally well could have done it over several trillion years. We go with the preponderance of evidence, however, and make the best guesses we can.

But like you said, we weren't there, so we don't really know.

So, It's ok to pick and choose what parts of the bible we want to believe is accurate?

I disagree wholeheartedly. I believe that the bible was written by God himself through the use of a utensil called Man.

Re: Primitive man question. Serious question. [Re: N_AL_Slugger] #1179864
12/08/14 05:08 PM
12/08/14 05:08 PM
Luverne, AL
Skinny Offline
GUVNER
Skinny  Offline
GUVNER
Luverne, AL
Originally Posted By: N_AL_Slugger
I still can't figure out how a man could outlast a kudu in an endurance hunt. More research required on my part.

I am also curious how the hunt was filmed so perfectly. Dang cameraman must have been an ironman athlete as well.

I'm not casting doubt, but it does seem a little unreal given how fast and long I've seen a whitetail deer run.

A Kudu and other big four legged critters run at full sprint to evade hunters, they burn all their energy sprinting. After about 5-10 miles of sprinting they are done. But us humans can jog and track them thus never giving them a break. For someone who is in shape a 5-10 mile paced jog and track is nothing. Because that guy is such a good tracker the animal has no chance of escape, everytime it thinks it has a chance to take a break here comes the hunter and the animal has to sprint again.

Now the video was obviously partially staged. If you watch the clips close you will see a lot of rerun footage. But that is exactly how they do it.

Never Trust Government

Re: Primitive man question. Serious question. [Re: Wiley Coyote] #1179892
12/08/14 05:18 PM
12/08/14 05:18 PM
Luverne, AL
Skinny Offline
GUVNER
Skinny  Offline
GUVNER
Luverne, AL
BB, Neander DNA is in all humans, Africans included. But it is a lot more complicated than that. I teach an entire semester on this topic so it is a lot more elaborate than what can be discussed here. However between the recent new fossil discoveries, the DNA data , the geologic, and the climate data, its clear that we have been around for a very long time doing really neat things.

I think its pretty cool that we figured out so much stuff all by ourselves. Drives me damn crazy to see those idots on the History Channel trying to tell folks that space aliens or supernatural beings taught us how to do anything. Its insulting.

Never Trust Government

Re: Primitive man question. Serious question. [Re: Wiley Coyote] #1179956
12/08/14 05:39 PM
12/08/14 05:39 PM
East Limestone County
N
N_AL_Slugger Offline
6 point
N_AL_Slugger  Offline
6 point
N
East Limestone County
Thanks Skinny. Only skeptical given how impossible it's felt to catch up with a deer I've jumped.

That was some dang good camera work. Enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by N_AL_Slugger; 12/08/14 05:40 PM.
Re: Primitive man question. Serious question. [Re: Wiley Coyote] #1179968
12/08/14 05:44 PM
12/08/14 05:44 PM
mobile
C
charlie Offline
12 point
charlie  Offline
12 point
C
mobile
You have to figure terrain too. The African plains and the thick scrub of South alabama are very different to run through.

Re: Primitive man question. Serious question. [Re: N_AL_Slugger] #1179994
12/08/14 05:57 PM
12/08/14 05:57 PM
USA
R
Remington270 Offline
Freak of Nature
Remington270  Offline
Freak of Nature
R
USA
Originally Posted By: N_AL_Slugger
Thanks Skinny. Only skeptical given how impossible it's felt to catch up with a deer I've jumped.

That was some dang good camera work. Enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing.

Have you ever broke out in a run after a deer you've jumped? grin

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.