</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Ruger GP100 and Rossi .243 single shot for sale
by whitetail35. 05/01/24 02:12 PM
Glock 31 357 sig
by chasew808. 05/01/24 08:53 AM
Want to trade for Colt Single Action Army
by Narrow Gap. 04/30/24 09:42 PM
2020 Kubota UTV 900 Diesel
by Squatting Bear. 04/30/24 05:40 PM
Duck Decoys for sale
by Rem870s2. 04/30/24 05:39 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Forever wild gun regs.
by Frankie. 05/01/24 03:42 PM
Kansas draw
by booner. 05/01/24 02:56 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by demp17. 04/30/24 05:51 AM
Velvet
by CeeHawk37. 04/29/24 07:55 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Who's Online Now
124 registered members (top cat, Sandmtnslayer, Jbf, scrubbuck, Floorman1, chevydude2015, Young20, MS_Hunter, timberwolfe, sethjamtoe, 4Him146, crocker, quailman, desertdog, Mulcher, Thread Killer, Skullworks, jwalker77, scrape, whitetail35, HURRICANE, AU7MM08, Droptine-13, Longtine, twaldrop4, YellaLineHunter, Buckshot77, BCLC, Dubie, jlbuc10, Turkeyneck78, crenshawco, Herdbull, 380jeff, jmj120, BCD, MattIce, 000buck, Turkey Petter, rblaker, Bread, auman, 7x57_Mauser, jawbone, BigEd, leroyb, Moose24, centralala, Raspy, KnightRyder, eclipse829, TEM, Cactus_buck, M48scout, FreeStateHunter, jbatey1, bamafarmer, Andalusia, ColeT, TurkeyJoe, CNC, Reaper, Jweeks, Ryano, Bandit635, BPI, FNG68, bhammedic84, furnfeather, Ray_Coon, goodman_hunter, AU coonhunter, johnv, hallb, BearBranch, NotsoBright, rickyh_2, stuball, Bustinbeards, T Bone, Mack1, lectrode, gundoc, sj22, Geeb, DGAMBLER, BOFF, lpman, weatherby, G/H, Gobble4me757, Fattyfireplug, BhamFred, Bulls eye, bug54, 3bailey3, GoldenEagle, AWT6, woodduck, MarksOutdoors, canvasback, PaytonWP, Zzzfog, BD, Nowlide, zwick, slanddeerhunter, Frogeye, coldtrail, JustHunt, WINMAG300, Sasquatch Lives, AuGrayghost, JohnG, 10 invisible), 1,087 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: I Used to Campaign Against Dog Hunting . . . [Re: BhamFred] #1153445
11/18/14 01:25 PM
11/18/14 01:25 PM
wedowee
daniel white Offline
Booner
daniel white  Offline
Booner
wedowee

Originally Posted By: BhamFred
when I started in Hale Co in 1980 we had a stalk hunter kill a mans dog that crossed the line. Dog owner drove up to the stalk hunters camp and asked who it was killed his dog. Stalk hunter on the porch stood up and said he did it. Dog owner shot his ass dead as all hail right there. Ended up in jail and prison but the stalk hunter was still feeding worms when he got out....

Wow. We'll people kill hunting dogs all the time. I have HD my rabbit dogs shot before. But most SSS. But it still ain't right. But it is what it is. Shooters just teases like he wants a dog to cross the line or something. He has mental issues.

"You do and it will be the biggest mistake you ever made, you Texas brush popper" John Wayne
Re: I Used to Campaign Against Dog Hunting . . . [Re: Team_Stuckem] #1153448
11/18/14 01:26 PM
11/18/14 01:26 PM
Georgia
ALclearcut Offline
4 point
ALclearcut  Offline
4 point
Georgia
Originally Posted By: Team_Stuckem
And it's pretty safe to say you've probally never shot and actual hunting dog. Maybe a stray dog. But never a hunting dog like the ones I and so many others have. I say this because you still have the ability to type. If you have a problem with the dogs coming on your land. It's not the dogs fault. Their doing what we have trained them to do. Get out of your stand, stop being a coward walk out to the road and take it up with the dogs owner.

This is why most people can't stand dog deer hunters, and it will eventually be banned in every county like it already is in several. They always seem to be confrontational and deflect any blame when their dog ruins someone else's hunt on private property. Then if you do actually confront them about the trespass they want to fight or they burn your cabin when you go home for the week. Much like a biker gang, they use numbers to their advantage. 10 of them with loaded shotguns v. 1 or 2 still hunters is not going to end well for the still hunters. Not all are like this but it is getting to be the majority from my experience.

Re: I Used to Campaign Against Dog Hunting . . . [Re: Vernon Tull] #1153469
11/18/14 01:42 PM
11/18/14 01:42 PM
Chilton County
Morris Offline
Poppa Jon
Morris  Offline
Poppa Jon
Chilton County

I'm not a huge fan of dog hunting but I've been on many hunts. And I'm probably going to host a dog hunt at my place this year. I caught up 3 dogs that came on our land last year. Called the GW out and he was there in 10 min. Loaded dogs up and took them back to their camp/club.

I'm not shooting anyone's hunting dog that is just doing what it's trained to do. People that do or "say they do or want to shoot one is a f*ck*ing coward.

If a dog is being hostile toward me, or anybody's child that's a different story

Re: I Used to Campaign Against Dog Hunting . . . [Re: Morris] #1153475
11/18/14 01:46 PM
11/18/14 01:46 PM
Georgia
ALclearcut Offline
4 point
ALclearcut  Offline
4 point
Georgia
I don't shoot dogs either, but I don't blame the people who choose to depending on the circumstances.

Re: I Used to Campaign Against Dog Hunting . . . [Re: Team_Stuckem] #1153497
11/18/14 02:05 PM
11/18/14 02:05 PM
north alabama
shooters Offline
12 point
shooters  Offline
12 point
north alabama
Timbercruiser you are absolutely correct. I was dog hunting down there at the time this happened. Actually happened right on edge of one of many dog hunting areas Eglin AFB has. And Shooters, I dog hunt and have dog hunted my whole life. You may have heard stories but I would be willing to bet you weren't there. And it's pretty safe to say you've probally never shot and actual hunting dog. Maybe a stray dog. But never a hunting dog like the ones I and so many others have. I say this because you still have the ability to type. If you have a problem with the dogs coming on your land. It's not the dogs fault. Their doing what we have trained them to do. Get out of your stand, stop being a coward walk out to the road and take it up with the dogs owner.
WOW! i just got back home from deer hunting and saw this! Team-stuckem = YOU are a true moron If you think I would ever amit to breaking the law on a public forum. I have never claimed to kill a single dog on this public forum! BUT i do enjoy a good deer dog killing story! "ITS never the dogs fault" They can read posted signs" and o my we must fear the dog hunter because he my hurt us! rofl Many people HATE dog deer hunting and lease and own large tracks of land just to get away from dog deer hunters. Some of us even hunt in countys where dog deer hunting is not allowed. I constantly here veil threats from dog hunters, and pay them no real mind. Here is what I do know. I a person shoots a deer dog on HIS property or lease= at worst case he will get a fine and a misdemeaner. If the " total bad azz dog hunter " come on said persons land and assualts the one he thinks shot his dog he goes to jail. IF a person stays on HIS land and a dog hunter trys to asualt or kill him, the land owner has the right to defend his self accordingly. IM no lawyer , but I know that you can come on someones land and TRY to assualt them over a stupid dog beening shot. People dont care if" their doing what their train to do". If dogs go on the wrong property, they will get shot. I dont carry about name calling either. The smart move is for the person , who shot the dog to stay on his property. IF the deer dog hunter is DUMB enough to come on private property and try to assualt, harm, or kill someone then the owner has the right to defend himself. This" come meet them in the road crap" is the advice of a moron. Its not the ol west. IF you shoot a HUMAN for shooting a dog you will go to jail. thumbup

Re: I Used to Campaign Against Dog Hunting . . . [Re: Vernon Tull] #1153500
11/18/14 02:08 PM
11/18/14 02:08 PM
Clanton
Turkey_neck Offline
Booner
Turkey_neck  Offline
Booner
Clanton
My wife's first buck came from a "trespassing" dog. We gladly loaded the dog up and took him to the hunters who's dog it was. They were tickled she got the deer and she thanked them. I've had some bad experiences with dog hunters who I use to hunt with just ask tr62. But the majority of times have had great experiences. Probably half of today's hunters would not deer hunt if not for dog hunting.

Would walk over a naked woman to get to a gobblin turkey!
Re: I Used to Campaign Against Dog Hunting . . . [Re: daniel white] #1153511
11/18/14 02:23 PM
11/18/14 02:23 PM
north alabama
shooters Offline
12 point
shooters  Offline
12 point
north alabama
Originally Posted By: daniel white
I'm not saying me personally. I'm just saying one of these days he's gonna brag to the wrong person about killing dogs.
DW , NEVER have I admited or bragged about ME shooting dogs. I would never say anything that on a public forum . I dont know where your extreme jealousy comes from, I admit I like to talk about custom guns, Night Vision stuff, and my friends. Its simply to bad you enjoy hearing about me having fun! Your constant post about me getting assualted or beat-up makes me so sad! rofl I can take a joke, im sorry you cant. People are free in this country to make fun of who ever they want. 100s of people make fun of me all the time, I have even had a few threats of bodly harm grin But im still here, I dont worry or put much stock in the " what if" OR " what comes next". Im not going to live my life worried about someone That may or may not assualt me! Have fun on the farm! Hope you get to hunt tomorrow! PS . If I dont respond back its not out of fear, Im heading to the hunting club for a few days! thumbup

Re: I Used to Campaign Against Dog Hunting . . . [Re: shooters] #1153525
11/18/14 02:34 PM
Wedowee
M
mirage243 Offline
6 point
mirage243  Offline
6 point
M
Wedowee
Originally Posted By: shooters
I'm not saying me personally. I'm just saying one of these days he's gonna brag to the wrong person about killing dogs.
DW , NEVER have I admited or bragged about ME shooting dogs. I would never say anything that on a public forum . I dont know where your extreme jealousy comes from, I admit I like to talk about custom guns, Night Vision stuff, and my friends. Its simply to bad you enjoy hearing about me having fun! Your constant post about me getting assualted or beat-up makes me so sad! rofl I can take a joke, im sorry you cant. People are free in this country to make fun of who ever they want. 100s of people make fun of me all the time, I have even had a few threats of bodly harm grin But im still here, I dont worry or put much stock in the " what if" OR " what comes next". Im not going to live my life worried about someone That may or may not assualt me! Have fun on the farm! Hope you get to hunt tomorrow! PS . If I dont respond back its not out of fear, Im heading to the hunting club for a few days! thumbup

You are such a cool dude Shooters, how did you get so great in such a short amount of time? I'm glad I get to read about the exploits of the guy that night vision and nice rifles were made for. Truth of the matter is, I buy and sell guys like you before I have lunch everyday, and I'd take ol DW having my back in the woods before just about anyone I ever met.

Re: I Used to Campaign Against Dog Hunting . . . [Re: shooters] #1153530
wedowee
daniel white Offline
Booner
daniel white  Offline
Booner
wedowee

I dont miss dog hunting = I take out the AR-15 , and put the Aimpoint T1 dot right on the vital area of the running dog and........

We'll explain this post and other post like this. I haven't ever threatend you on this forum. I have just called out your ignorance and calling your bluff. I have never been jealous of no one. Especially people like you. People that has to brag about what they do and don't have to make people like them. I have my own hunting land. Just like you I just like to share mine with others. Your buddy that wouldn't put your starter on says all I need to know about you and your friends. I earn friendships not buy them. Good luck on your hunt. smile

"You do and it will be the biggest mistake you ever made, you Texas brush popper" John Wayne
Re: I Used to Campaign Against Dog Hunting . . . [Re: daniel white] #1153562
11/18/14 02:53 PM
11/18/14 02:53 PM
north alabama
shooters Offline
12 point
shooters  Offline
12 point
north alabama

I dont miss dog hunting = I take out the AR-15 , and put the Aimpoint T1 dot right on the vital area of the running dog and........

We'll explain this post and other post like this. I haven't ever threatend you on this forum. I have just called out your ignorance and calling your bluff. I have never been jealous of no one. Especially people like you. People that has to brag about what they do and don't have to make people like them. I have my own hunting land. Just like you I just like to share mine with others. Your buddy that wouldn't put your starter on says all I need to know about you and your friends. I earn friendships not buy them. Good luck on your hunt. smile
OK. It was humor. I NEVER said I pulled the trigger OR shot the dog did I????? Just said= Put the Aimpoint T1 on the vital area....... ??? Im not sur I said YOU threaten me ever , either. I do feel like you would like to see me harmed though! I get that from people sometimes! grin I honestly dont concider it bragging. I just like to talk about guns and NV stuff! One thing about it , I say what comes to mind. I quess im unfiltered. To be honest I dont guess I really care if someone likes me or not. Im not in grade school anymore. Well thanks for the wish of good luck, sorry you dont enjoy my posts as much as I do! grin

Re: I Used to Campaign Against Dog Hunting . . . [Re: mirage243] #1153582
11/18/14 03:03 PM
11/18/14 03:03 PM
north alabama
shooters Offline
12 point
shooters  Offline
12 point
north alabama
Originally Posted By: mirage243

You are such a cool dude Shooters, how did you get so great in such a short amount of time? I'm glad I get to read about the exploits of the guy that night vision and nice rifles were made for. Truth of the matter is, I buy and sell guys like you before I have lunch everyday, and I'd take ol DW having my back in the woods before just about anyone I ever met.
Mirage243. You admit to BUYING guys????? You should clean-up sex talk, it might offend someone! rofl

Last edited by shooters; 11/18/14 03:04 PM.
Re: I Used to Campaign Against Dog Hunting . . . [Re: Vernon Tull] #1153706
11/18/14 04:12 PM
11/18/14 04:12 PM
chilton co.
trox28 Offline
on probation
trox28  Offline
on probation
chilton co.
"I
do feel like you would like to see me harmed though! I get that from people sometimes!"

laugh Funny chit right there.

Re: I Used to Campaign Against Dog Hunting . . . [Re: Vernon Tull] #1153719
11/18/14 04:15 PM
11/18/14 04:15 PM
chilton co.
trox28 Offline
on probation
trox28  Offline
on probation
chilton co.
"I
do feel like you would like to see me harmed though! I get that from people sometimes!"

laugh Funny chit right there.

Re: I Used to Campaign Against Dog Hunting . . . [Re: Vernon Tull] #1153841
11/18/14 05:12 PM
11/18/14 05:12 PM
Evergreen
T
Team_Stuckem Offline
spike
Team_Stuckem  Offline
spike
T
Evergreen
Ole Shooter, Shooter. If you would have took the time to read my post instead of being the ignorant jackass that that you are making yourself look like. I never said you openly admitted to shooting a dog on a public forum. And just for everyone that is anti-doghunter. I would gladly go to jail/prison over someone shooting one of my dogs. They are like my kids. I spend more time throughout the year with between taking them hunting, pleasure hunting and taking care of them at home than I do with my own family. So yes I take great offense to someone shooting my dog. And I have had a dog shot before, on public land. The coward that shot her would never come out to his vehicle. he left her with a half blown off shoulder in the woods to suffer and had someone pick him up on another road so he didnt have to face the consequences. Game Warden wouldnt do anything about it cause they couldnt prove he actually did it. I have nothing against anybody that doesnt like dog hunting or dog hunters. I have a problem with people that wanna shoot the dogs.

Re: I Used to Campaign Against Dog Hunting . . . [Re: Vernon Tull] #1153865
11/18/14 05:28 PM
11/18/14 05:28 PM
Marion County, Alabama
V
Vernon Tull Offline OP
10 point
Vernon Tull  Offline OP
10 point
V
Marion County, Alabama
My best buck came in 2001 in front of the very dogs I used to complain about. It was a gift that I was glad to get. The owner of the dogs zoomed up in his truck after I shot the deer, and we agreed that I would keep the deer and most of the meat and he would get a tenderloin/backstrap since it was his dogs. We were both happy with the arrangement.

That deer is named BUCKY and has been on the wall in my son Wichita's room for 13 years.

Re: I Used to Campaign Against Dog Hunting . . . [Re: Vernon Tull] #1153875
11/18/14 05:36 PM
11/18/14 05:36 PM
Pisgah Al
Bigbamaboy Offline
14 point
Bigbamaboy  Offline
14 point
Pisgah Al
VT, you are good.

Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?
Re: I Used to Campaign Against Dog Hunting . . . [Re: Team_Stuckem] #1153964
11/18/14 06:53 PM
11/18/14 06:53 PM
Guntersville, AL
IDOT Offline
I am Cornholio
IDOT  Offline
I am Cornholio
Guntersville, AL
Timbercruiser you are absolutely correct. I was dog hunting down there at the time this happened. Actually happened right on edge of one of many dog hunting areas Eglin AFB has. And Shooters, I dog hunt and have dog hunted my whole life. You may have heard stories but I would be willing to bet you weren't there. And it's pretty safe to say you've probally never shot and actual hunting dog. Maybe a stray dog. But never a hunting dog like the ones I and so many others have. I say this because you still have the ability to type. If you have a problem with the dogs coming on your land. It's not the dogs fault. Their doing what we have trained them to do. Get out of your stand, stop being a coward walk out to the road and take it up with the dogs owner.

And what would be your response to a land owner about your dogs running on his land?

Originally Posted by Patricia Heaton
If you’re a common sense person, you probably don’t feel you have a home in this world right now. If you’re a Christian, you know you were never meant to.

Re: I Used to Campaign Against Dog Hunting . . . [Re: Vernon Tull] #1154014
11/18/14 09:44 PM
11/18/14 09:44 PM
Evergreen
T
Team_Stuckem Offline
spike
Team_Stuckem  Offline
spike
T
Evergreen
Well I would first assure them that at no time did I intentionally turn my dogs out on their property or intentionally let them enter the property. If they choose to call the game warden that is their choice and would wait for the warden. As long as my dogs weren't harmed then I would beable to keep a level head. I understand the landowner may be aggrevated. I would ask if I could enter their property without weapons and catch my dogs. But it boils down to, talk to me how you please just leave the dogs alone.

Re: I Used to Campaign Against Dog Hunting . . . [Re: Team_Stuckem] #1154084
11/19/14 03:01 AM
11/19/14 03:01 AM
Guntersville, AL
IDOT Offline
I am Cornholio
IDOT  Offline
I am Cornholio
Guntersville, AL
thumbup

Good deal.

Originally Posted by Patricia Heaton
If you’re a common sense person, you probably don’t feel you have a home in this world right now. If you’re a Christian, you know you were never meant to.

Re: I Used to Campaign Against Dog Hunting . . . [Re: Vernon Tull] #1154754
11/19/14 11:26 AM
11/19/14 11:26 AM
Deep in the bush
High_Gravity Offline
3 point
High_Gravity  Offline
3 point
Deep in the bush
I'll admit I've never been hunting with running dogs. However, when I was younger, I grew to hate them because they always ruined my hunting.

I lived on a 40 acre farm and there were woods all around me. Most of the land was owned by some lady that lived far away, and she never came over to see about it. The rest is Alabama Power Co land. These dirt bags from down at the end of the dirt road I lived on would constantly run dogs. It really made me mad because I was trying to learn how to stalk hunt and it was dang near impossible with dogs running everywhere, some even on our land.

I actually followed these guys one day and watched a visitor they had with them shoot a good sized 10 point on a power line, which I know for a fact was APC land.

I remember standing there cringing while I watched these guys congratulate the visitor. It made my skin crawl because I know it was not their land.

I was trying to be ethical and do everything right, and these guys left the worst taste in my mouth. I did report hem but the dogs continued. I finally gave up hunting on my fa m because it just wasn't worth it.

I know not all dog hunters are this way, but that's the way these were and I couldn't stand them.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.