</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
WTB 2nd Gen Tacoma
by Turkeyhunter12. 05/08/24 10:18 PM
27 Gal 200psi Fortress Compressor
by ValleyDawg. 05/08/24 04:11 PM
2 Bear Archery Bows for only $200
by ValleyDawg. 05/08/24 04:07 PM
Kamado Joe extra large egg
by Peach. 05/08/24 03:42 PM
ISO 600/800 Series Ford tractor
by Turkeyneck78. 05/08/24 01:24 PM
Serious Deer Talk
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by BAR1225. 05/09/24 12:19 AM
Meat hunt outfitter?
by jawbone. 05/08/24 08:06 PM
Kansas Bowhunt timing
by Mbrock. 05/08/24 01:11 PM
Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump
by marshmud991. 05/06/24 05:08 PM
Who's got the best deer hunting in AL
by Overland. 05/06/24 02:53 PM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Lowndes county club
by Doeslayer44. 05/07/24 10:11 AM
Looking for Turkey Hunting Land
by Nightwatchman. 05/06/24 01:46 PM
Need dozer work. Cullman area
by Trecker1. 05/02/24 02:33 PM
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Who's Online Now
12 registered members (Ryano, NWFJ, Fl Panhandler, Semo, Turkeyneck78, Forrestgump1, dave260rem!, straycat, Deerslayer33, AMB, BrandonClark, 1 invisible), 1,163 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Hey Goatkiller.......just curious. [Re: CrappieMan] #4116797
04/13/24 05:24 PM
04/13/24 05:24 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Originally Posted by CrappieMan
Originally Posted by jwalker77
Originally Posted by taggedout
I am curious how this goatkiller "works" so much but also has time to sit and play on Aldeer. I work a lot but have 9,000 less post than this joker.

Today Ive set out 500 blackberry bushes, 140 blueberry bushes, planted 1 acre of IC peas, 1/2 acre of egyptian wheat. I slept late and here i am at 3:00 in the afternoon on aldeer. You would be amazed how much work a fella can get done and live on aldeer too. You have to be very talented and dedicated though. And have a good signal. My wife and kids helped with the berries.

On another note, what should I spray my plum trees with to keep the worms off and when should I do it.

Just about any pesticide, i use several.right now and it might be a little late. You need to spray them as soon as the bloom falls off and you have little plums. I spray peaches atleast every two weeks. If its raining alot, ill spray every 7-10 days.

Last edited by jwalker77; 04/13/24 05:24 PM.
Re: Hey Goatkiller.......just curious. [Re: jwalker77] #4116801
04/13/24 05:35 PM
04/13/24 05:35 PM
Crenshaw
C
CrappieMan Offline
8 point
CrappieMan  Offline
8 point
C
Crenshaw
Originally Posted by CrappieMan
I am curious how this goatkiller "works" so much but also has time to sit and play on Aldeer. I work a lot but have 9,000 less post than this joker.

Today Ive set out 500 blackberry bushes, 140 blueberry bushes, planted 1 acre of IC peas, 1/2 acre of egyptian wheat. I slept late and here i am at 3:00 in the afternoon on aldeer. You would be amazed how much work a fella can get done and live on aldeer too. You have to be very talented and dedicated though. And have a good signal. My wife and kids helped with the berries.

On another note, what should I spray my plum trees with to keep the worms off and when should I do it.

Just about any pesticide, i use several.right now and it might be a little late. You need to spray them as soon as the bloom falls off and you have little plums. I spray peaches atleast every two weeks. If its raining alot, ill spray every 7-10 days.

Thanks, seems like everything I have is loaded this year. Looks like a bumper crop

Re: Hey Goatkiller.......just curious. [Re: Driveby] #4117627
04/15/24 11:36 AM
04/15/24 11:36 AM
Walker county
Driveby Offline OP
Doing the best I can.
Driveby  Offline OP
Doing the best I can.
Walker county
How did I know I would not get my question answered?

The true mark of a man is not how he conducts himself during times of prosperity, but how he conducts himself during times of adversity.
Re: Hey Goatkiller.......just curious. [Re: Driveby] #4117729
04/15/24 03:00 PM
04/15/24 03:00 PM
Chelsea
L
Lockjaw Offline
14 point
Lockjaw  Offline
14 point
L
Chelsea
Originally Posted by Driveby
How did I know I would not get my question answered?

You work for the "Psychic friends network" as your side gig?????

Re: Hey Goatkiller.......just curious. [Re: Driveby] #4117742
04/15/24 03:31 PM
04/15/24 03:31 PM
Walker county
Driveby Offline OP
Doing the best I can.
Driveby  Offline OP
Doing the best I can.
Walker county
Psychotic friends, maybe.........Psychic, no.

The true mark of a man is not how he conducts himself during times of prosperity, but how he conducts himself during times of adversity.
Re: Hey Goatkiller.......just curious. [Re: Driveby] #4117750
04/15/24 03:46 PM
04/15/24 03:46 PM
Alabama
B
bama_earl Offline
8 point
bama_earl  Offline
8 point
B
Alabama
I actually agree with Goatkiller. It's been my experience so far in life, I honestly don't think the majority of homeschool kids actually want to be in homeschool. Given the choice, I think they would like to attend their local school. Also, parents naturally think their kids are good, ok, well adjusted... etc.. Especially if it was their decision to homeschool. Parents also think their kids will be professional athletes one day. If a parent says well my kids is well adjusted and it was the right decision.. xyz. That's a use case I don't entertain, the source is biased.

Parents homeschool for the following reasons:
1. Religions Extremest
2. They live in a black school district
3. Their kids are weird and are scared they will get picked on
4. They are militant towards the country and government
5. Parents are left of left and child thinks they are dragons, also see #3

There maybe some great homeschool kids out there, I just don't know any or have never meet them. It does seem like we are in the great homeschool experiment, where parents are deciding to homeschool but they where never homeschooled themselves.

Could someone who was homeschooled come on and talk about how great your experience was and how you are glad you didn't get to experience a traditional school.

Re: Hey Goatkiller.......just curious. [Re: bama_earl] #4118013
04/16/24 09:23 AM
04/16/24 09:23 AM
FL
daylate Offline
10 point
daylate  Offline
10 point
FL
Originally Posted by bama_earl
I actually agree with Goatkiller.

I am shocked. laugh

Re: Hey Goatkiller.......just curious. [Re: bama_earl] #4118017
04/16/24 09:28 AM
04/16/24 09:28 AM
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...
bill Offline
Freak of Nature
bill  Offline
Freak of Nature
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...
I actually agree with Goatkiller. It's been my experience so far in life, I honestly don't think the majority of homeschool kids actually want to be in homeschool. Given the choice, I think they would like to attend their local school. Also, parents naturally think their kids are good, ok, well adjusted... etc.. Especially if it was their decision to homeschool. Parents also think their kids will be professional athletes one day. If a parent says well my kids is well adjusted and it was the right decision.. xyz. That's a use case I don't entertain, the source is biased.

1. Religions Extremest

There maybe some great homeschool kids out there, I just don't know any or have never meet them. It does seem like we are in the great homeschool experiment, where parents are deciding to homeschool but they where never homeschooled themselves.

Could someone who was homeschooled come on and talk about how great your experience was and how you are glad you didn't get to experience a traditional school.

The Democrat Party would like to use this in their next grooming/propaganda campaign.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard
Re: Hey Goatkiller.......just curious. [Re: bill] #4118027
04/16/24 09:46 AM
04/16/24 09:46 AM
Right behind you
Mbrock Offline
Fancy
Mbrock  Offline
Fancy
Right behind you
Originally Posted by bill

1. Religions Extremest

The Democrat Party would like to use this in their next grooming/propaganda campaign.

Lol. I have trying to figure out how to respond to that and I’ve decided to let it be

Re: Hey Goatkiller.......just curious. [Re: Driveby] #4118028
04/16/24 09:53 AM
04/16/24 09:53 AM
Chelsea
L
Lockjaw Offline
14 point
Lockjaw  Offline
14 point
L
Chelsea
Well he is the guy who blatently disregards his childrens parenting wishes as it relates to their children, so... there's that.

Re: Hey Goatkiller.......just curious. [Re: daylate] #4118031
04/16/24 10:01 AM
04/16/24 10:01 AM
Guntersville, AL
IDOT Offline
I am Cornholio
IDOT  Offline
I am Cornholio
Guntersville, AL
Originally Posted by daylate
I actually agree with Goatkiller.

I am shocked. laugh

Floored grin

Originally Posted by Patricia Heaton
If you’re a common sense person, you probably don’t feel you have a home in this world right now. If you’re a Christian, you know you were never meant to.

Re: Hey Goatkiller.......just curious. [Re: Mbrock] #4118059
04/16/24 11:19 AM
04/16/24 11:19 AM
Alabama
C
Cactus_buck Offline
12 point
Cactus_buck  Offline
12 point
C
Alabama
Originally Posted by Mbrock
Originally Posted by bill

1. Religions Extremest

Lol. I have trying to figure out how to respond to that and I’ve decided to let it be

Some people are just ignorant to the subject. I’m ignorant to a lot of things. It’s not a bad thing. You just don’t know. I have 2 kids that graduated with a high school diploma that were homeschooled and they’re not weird and actually quite successful. Everyone can have an opinion and they can even voice their opinion. Doesn’t mean you have to listen to it. When my kids were in homeschool we had over 400 kids in our homeschool group.

I don’t trust the government. And I don’t trust the government to teach my kids. That’s why we are where we are today. I’m really shocked there this many people on a predominantly conservative board that don’t have the same beliefs.

To each their own. You do what you think is right for your kids and I’ll do what’s right by mine. I have 2 kids that are honest and contributing members of society and they make their parents proud. So I couldn’t care less what other people think and am happy what we did for our kids.

Most of the crap being taught in public school does them no good later in life. The education department isn’t worried about education. It’s more about indoctrination. My kids learned the necessities and we left out the other junk.

Last edited by Cactus_buck; 04/16/24 11:22 AM.
Re: Hey Goatkiller.......just curious. [Re: Cactus_buck] #4118079
04/16/24 12:06 PM
04/16/24 12:06 PM
Alabama
B
bama_earl Offline
8 point
bama_earl  Offline
8 point
B
Alabama
Originally Posted by Cactus_buck
[
Some people are just ignorant to the subject. I’m ignorant to a lot of things. It’s not a bad thing. You just don’t know. I have 2 kids that graduated with a high school diploma that were homeschooled and they’re not weird and actually quite successful. Everyone can have an opinion and they can even voice their opinion. Doesn’t mean you have to listen to it. When my kids were in homeschool we had over 400 kids in our homeschool group.

I don’t trust the government. And I don’t trust the government to teach my kids. That’s why we are where we are today. I’m really shocked there this many people on a predominantly conservative board that don’t have the same beliefs.

To each their own. You do what you think is right for your kids and I’ll do what’s right by mine. I have 2 kids that are honest and contributing members of society and they make their parents proud. So I couldn’t care less what other people think and am happy what we did for our kids.

Most of the crap being taught in public school does them no good later in life. The education department isn’t worried about education. It’s more about indoctrination. My kids learned the necessities and we left out the other junk.

I admit I don't know anyone who was homeschooled. None of my friends growing up have decided their kids needed homeschooling. My sample size is small, and I admit that. I was hoping someone could come on and say how much they loved being homeschooled and glad they did not attend their local school.

Re: Hey Goatkiller.......just curious. [Re: bama_earl] #4118095
04/16/24 12:34 PM
04/16/24 12:34 PM
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
leroycnbucks Offline
Freak of Nature
leroycnbucks  Offline
Freak of Nature
Buc-ee’s Beach Express

1. Religions Extremest

What city/county public school system did your kids attend? Or currently attending? What about you?

Proud Army and ALNG veteran
God Bless America!
Re: Hey Goatkiller.......just curious. [Re: Driveby] #4118096
04/16/24 12:39 PM
04/16/24 12:39 PM
B
BPI Offline
14 point
BPI  Offline
14 point
B
Parent's have to make the decision that works for their children.. Kids don't necessarily know what's best for them. There are some school systems that a parent may be comfortable with, some obviously not.

Re: Hey Goatkiller.......just curious. [Re: Driveby] #4118502
04/17/24 10:12 AM
04/17/24 10:12 AM
Elmore County
taggedout Offline
4 point
taggedout  Offline
4 point
Elmore County
[

I admit I don't know anyone who was homeschooled. None of my friends growing up have decided their kids needed homeschooling. My sample size is small, and I admit that. I was hoping someone could come on and say how much they loved being homeschooled and glad they did not attend their local school.

I was home schooled 1st - 12th grade. My wife was home schooled 6th - 12th grade. As of now, we fully plan to home school all of our children through high school.

I personally had a great experience. I got to enjoy sports and received a great education. I have been very blessed with my career and gotten a lot of great opportunities. I work with a lot of people and seem to be able to work well with them on a day to day basis (my opinion, maybe no one likes me and I am oblivious to it) haha.

There is a lot about home schooling that most are not aware of. The group I grew up with has sports available (baseball, basketball, football volleyball, swimming, track and field). We also had lots of extra curricular activities, field trips just like any public school and prom, homecoming dance and such.

For fields of study, there are weekly one day classes that we can go to. Usually these involve parents who are more knowledgeable in a specific area of education such as an English major, math major or Science. They will take on the challenge of working with different grades and classes for 1 hour a piece throughout the one day in an almost tutor like setting. This for me was a great advantage because my mom was weak in math.

There are some great educational and social advantages available through home schooling if utalized. I have seen the best and the worst. The best far out way the worse. I hope this helps sir.

Re: Hey Goatkiller.......just curious. [Re: bama_earl] #4118504
04/17/24 10:18 AM
04/17/24 10:18 AM
Satsuma
kodiak06 Offline
Booner
kodiak06  Offline
Booner
Satsuma

1. Religions Extremest

LMAO

Re: Hey Goatkiller.......just curious. [Re: taggedout] #4118578
04/17/24 12:12 PM
04/17/24 12:12 PM
AL
J
jhardy Offline
6 point
jhardy  Offline
6 point
J
AL
[

I was home schooled 1st - 12th grade. My wife was home schooled 6th - 12th grade. As of now, we fully plan to home school all of our children through high school.

I personally had a great experience. I got to enjoy sports and received a great education. I have been very blessed with my career and gotten a lot of great opportunities. I work with a lot of people and seem to be able to work well with them on a day to day basis (my opinion, maybe no one likes me and I am oblivious to it) haha.

There is a lot about home schooling that most are not aware of. The group I grew up with has sports available (baseball, basketball, football volleyball, swimming, track and field). We also had lots of extra curricular activities, field trips just like any public school and prom, homecoming dance and such.

For fields of study, there are weekly one day classes that we can go to. Usually these involve parents who are more knowledgeable in a specific area of education such as an English major, math major or Science. They will take on the challenge of working with different grades and classes for 1 hour a piece throughout the one day in an almost tutor like setting. This for me was a great advantage because my mom was weak in math.

There are some great educational and social advantages available through home schooling if utalized. I have seen the best and the worst. The best far out way the worse. I hope this helps sir.

Well that didn’t go quite like bama_earl thought it would.

I find it interesting that those who don’t know anyone that are homeschooled are so against it unless of course they are for more government control.

Re: Hey Goatkiller.......just curious. [Re: Driveby] #4118583
04/17/24 12:27 PM
04/17/24 12:27 PM
Al, Union Grove
J
johnv Offline
10 point
johnv  Offline
10 point
J
Al, Union Grove
I've always found it strange how some people believe living at work makes them a better person. I work alot of side jobs but I enjoy that. I'm happy to get out of this machine shop everyday at 3 or earlier Monday through Friday.

Re: Hey Goatkiller.......just curious. [Re: Driveby] #4118647
04/17/24 02:02 PM
04/17/24 02:02 PM
Ourtown, AL
BCLC Offline
Old Mossy Horns
BCLC  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Ourtown, AL
“ There are some great educational and social advantages available through home schooling if utalized. I have seen the best and the worst. The best far out way the worse. I hope this helps sir.”

rofl

#homeskooled

Smile….you know that chit is funny. grin

I’m in favor of homeschooling when no better options are available. If I still lived in the town where I was born and raised, there is zero doubt ours would have been homeschooled. We chose to move into one of the top school districts in the state before our kids were school age. So far it’s worked to perfection. Our daughter will graduate next month with a 4.6GPA and is a National Merit Finalist who was offered free ride full scholarships to 25+ major colleges and universities.

We’re not dead. We just smell that way. Dayum. - AC870

Yessir! I’m always gonna shoot what makes me happy and I want everyone else to do the same! If you shoot one be proud of it and don’t worry what anyone else thinks. - SJ22
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.