</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Marucci cat x connect bbcor 32/29 school bat
by toyota05. 04/29/24 11:40 AM
Decorative Duck Decoys, collectables
by Rem870s2. 04/29/24 11:31 AM
Saltwater fishing gear
by Rem870s2. 04/29/24 11:08 AM
Mission SUB 1 XR Trade or Sale
by AL18. 04/28/24 10:36 AM
ISO gas golf cart
by Paint Rock 00. 04/27/24 06:55 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Velvet
by James. 04/29/24 08:31 AM
Forever wild gun regs.
by N2TRKYS. 04/28/24 01:25 PM
Kansas draw
by Hunter454. 04/27/24 06:05 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by Squeaky. 04/26/24 12:07 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Who's Online Now
111 registered members (AU338MAG, Big Al, BhamFred, South Ala Hunter, Joe4majors, WEMOhunter, k bush, BearBranch, Bandit635, fish_blackbass, GoldenEagle, Thisldu, Semo, PineTop, Birdfeathers, JLMiller, CAL, Showout, HollerHunter, UARandy3, desertdog, seapro19, blade, Uokman2014, jb20, slanddeerhunter, salock, bamafarmer, Brian_C, abolt300, Bigem1958, ALMODUX, Solothurn, Rem870s2, ronfromramer, goodman_hunter, Rainbowstew, Catbird, top cat, Kang, Tall Dog, Mack1, gundoc, auwild, toyota05, Buckwheat, Jtide, hunter84, WDE, Bmyers142, doublefistful, Shaneomac2, AU coonhunter, MMPineLevel, CKyleC, Obsession, Okatuppa, BC, cdaddy14, Holmes, jaydub12, Marengo hunter, JA, Goose11, 7PTSPREAD, mathews prostaff, hallb, IDOT, Chaser357, Ant67, bug54, PikeRoadHunter, zgobbler5, HBWALKER14, Alb, RareBreed, BCD, Bulls eye, Peach, crenshawco, Dean, trlrdrdave, Turkeyneck78, mossyback, ColeT, Big Bore, Backwater, BrentsFX4, Buckshot77, rblaker, mikewhandley, Narrow Gap, Buck1976, JD_Bowhunter1976, brushwhacker, twaldrop4, Lil_Fella, Gunpowder, BradB, Sasquatch Lives, 202P&Y, William, CatfishJunkie, 8 invisible), 1,326 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Missouri SB 727 #4115411
04/11/24 08:39 AM
04/11/24 08:39 AM
Tenn
W
woodduck Offline OP
14 point
woodduck  Offline OP
14 point
W
Tenn
About to pass a home school bill. Seems some big money shady anti gun groups have snuck in a clause that says your home will be declared a school if you home school your kids. And it’s a felony to have guns in school. Not exactly a liberal state and these same groups may be trying to go after other states home school bills. So if y’all know anyone up there tell them to raise hell quick because even done of the so called conservatives in the legistlature are behind the bill wonder if they have been paid off. 😬😬

Re: Missouri SB 727 [Re: woodduck] #4115420
04/11/24 08:51 AM
04/11/24 08:51 AM
B'ham
Goatkiller Offline
14 point
Goatkiller  Offline
14 point
B'ham
I'm against home schooling almost 100% of the homeschooled kids I come into contact with I can tell are stupid just by looking at their parents. Living cheap out in the country and home schooling your kids is not putting your children on a pathway for success. I have direct family who does this so I have first hand experience and I've got a couple nieces and nephews that were almost stupid as a result. Instead I helped them. Both parents are highly educated but unfortunately are lazy in life and didn't want to work hard so they moved from one of the most expensive neighborhoods in Atlanta to the middle of nowhere. Homeschooled their kids lived broke didn't work hard so I guess they achieved THEIR life goals.

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.
Re: Missouri SB 727 [Re: woodduck] #4115423
04/11/24 08:57 AM
04/11/24 08:57 AM
Chelsea
L
Lockjaw Offline
14 point
Lockjaw  Offline
14 point
L
Chelsea
Originally Posted by woodduck
About to pass a home school bill. Seems some big money shady anti gun groups have snuck in a clause that says your home will be declared a school if you home school your kids. And it’s a felony to have guns in school. Not exactly a liberal state and these same groups may be trying to go after other states home school bills. So if y’all know anyone up there tell them to raise hell quick because even done of the so called conservatives in the legistlature are behind the bill wonder if they have been paid off. 😬😬

I think its BS the school seems to think a bus stop in front of someone's house in a neighborhood is also school property. Don't see them maintaining it. An SRO wanted to search my neighbors house because his son posted a hunting pic with a gun on instagram..

Didn't make a threat, she just didn't like him. Thankfully my neighbor told her to go pound sand. Wonder who was watching the school while she was off campus trying to violate peoples rights?

Re: Missouri SB 727 [Re: woodduck] #4115425
04/11/24 09:00 AM
04/11/24 09:00 AM
B'ham
Goatkiller Offline
14 point
Goatkiller  Offline
14 point
B'ham

If they went to school with all the other kids none of that would be an issue.

Re: Missouri SB 727 [Re: Goatkiller] #4115428
04/11/24 09:02 AM
04/11/24 09:02 AM
Jasper Al
E
eclipse829 Offline
10 point
eclipse829  Offline
10 point
E
Jasper Al
Originally Posted by Goatkiller
I'm against home schooling almost 100% of the homeschooled kids I come into contact with I can tell are stupid just by looking at their parents. Living cheap out in the country and home schooling your kids is not putting your children on a pathway for success. I have direct family who does this so I have first hand experience and I've got a couple nieces and nephews that were almost stupid as a result. Instead I helped them. Both parents are highly educated but unfortunately are lazy in life and didn't want to work hard so they moved from one of the most expensive neighborhoods in Atlanta to the middle of nowhere. Homeschooled their kids lived broke didn't work hard so I guess they achieved THEIR life goals.

WOAH, WOAH, WOAH, Hold on there mister. If we don't homeschool them we are basically sending them off to be turned in to democrats. Indoctrination is in full swing in all levels of education. Haven't you heard?

Re: Missouri SB 727 [Re: woodduck] #4115436
04/11/24 09:10 AM
04/11/24 09:10 AM
B'ham
Goatkiller Offline
14 point
Goatkiller  Offline
14 point
B'ham
Heard that with my ears.... saw something completely different with my eyes and wallet when I came to my immediate family and their other homeschooled kids and homeschooled peers I saw.

Go to WalMart in the middle of the day and you'll find some "homeschooled" kids up there. Look for some kids in a Wolf t-shirt. Look at the Parents. Tell me that's appropriate.

They all look like they need a whole lot of additional "rules" to me.

It matters because this is an argument about society and how American Excellence comes directly through Education. It's fundamental to the success of not only individuals but collectively all Americans.

Re: Missouri SB 727 [Re: Goatkiller] #4115441
04/11/24 09:14 AM
04/11/24 09:14 AM
Right behind you
Mbrock Online content
Fancy
Mbrock  Online Content
Fancy
Right behind you

That is such ignorance. Our kids are homeschooled by my wife, who’s got a degree in child development AND education, and myself, who’s a business owner that works way more than I should. They test extremely well, have done karate, baseball, basketball, football, have one enrolled in band playing an instrument in 6th grade and one playing on the middle school baseball team. They’re not socially awkward, weird, or stupid. They are however, respectful, honest, hard working, diligent, resourceful, intelligent, socially skilled AND not indoctrinated. Painting homeschoolers with a broad brush and calling their parents stupid and lazy is about the same. Stupid people are everywhere, and thrive in public schools too. You sure are a bitter human being to everyone who doesn’t walk this life exactly like you. It must be miserable living every day like that, always having to criticize and tear down everyone else cause they’re not exactly like you. That’s all I’m saying. It needed saying.

Re: Missouri SB 727 [Re: woodduck] #4115447
04/11/24 09:21 AM
04/11/24 09:21 AM
Alabama
C
Cactus_buck Offline
12 point
Cactus_buck  Offline
12 point
C
Alabama
My son graduated 2 years early with homeschool and he’s in the deans list every semester at auburn. Both of my kids are very well rounded. I don’t trust the education department with my kids. Nor should any other parent.

It’s also not the government’s business if there is a gun in my house or not.

Last edited by Cactus_buck; 04/11/24 09:23 AM.
Re: Missouri SB 727 [Re: woodduck] #4115450
04/11/24 09:27 AM
04/11/24 09:27 AM
Sweet Home Alabama
H
hosscat Offline
10 point
hosscat  Offline
10 point
H
Sweet Home Alabama
When done correctly homeschooling is great. I know several kids that were home schooled, and they are very awkward, and I know some that are home schooled, and they are great. It comes down to the parents and how involved they are.

I will say almost all of the people I know that are/were home schooled have high test scores.

Re: Missouri SB 727 [Re: woodduck] #4115452
04/11/24 09:31 AM
04/11/24 09:31 AM
B'ham
Goatkiller Offline
14 point
Goatkiller  Offline
14 point
B'ham
I am sure that are some successfully homeschooled kids out there but exceptions shouldn't make the rule. Testing well doesn't mean a lot to me. I've taken those "tests" and it's not a very high bar. You should see some of the job applicants I get that have also passed those "tests".

Sometimes when you paint the appropriate picture it strikes a nerve with those who know in their heart it's the truth....but can't admit it to themselves. Call me bitter or whatever name you want because someone getting all butthurt tells me everything I need to know. Passing a test is not where an appropriate education begins or ends.

I also know a lot of teachers. Know very few that I would say could appropriately teach all subjects K-12. Some are better at teaching Math and others Science. Some are not great at teaching at all. So there's that. I think everyone here likely had multiple teachers who were crappy teachers. Everyone who homeschools has the same story.... their wife should be "Teacher of the Year" for the State of Alabama..... Pishhhhh. Total joke.

Re: Missouri SB 727 [Re: Goatkiller] #4115454
04/11/24 09:32 AM
04/11/24 09:32 AM
Georgia
G
Geeb Offline
4 point
Geeb  Offline
4 point
G
Georgia

Talk about ignorance....^^^that statement is the very definition

Re: Missouri SB 727 [Re: Goatkiller] #4115455
04/11/24 09:34 AM
04/11/24 09:34 AM
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...
bill Offline
Freak of Nature
bill  Offline
Freak of Nature
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...

Right, because public school is going to do a much better job than the parents and we need to give the state the power needed to make sure parents can't screw the kids up. That's the schools job. rolleyes

Last edited by bill; 04/11/24 09:36 AM.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard
Re: Missouri SB 727 [Re: Mbrock] #4115456
04/11/24 09:35 AM
04/11/24 09:35 AM
Xroads
B
Backwards cowboy Offline
6 point
Backwards cowboy  Offline
6 point
B
Xroads
Originally Posted by Mbrock

That is such ignorance. Our kids are homeschooled by my wife, who’s got a degree in child development AND education, and myself, who’s a business owner that works way more than I should. They test extremely well, have done karate, baseball, basketball, football, have one enrolled in band playing an instrument in 6th grade and one playing on the middle school baseball team. They’re not socially awkward, weird, or stupid. They are however, respectful, honest, hard working, diligent, resourceful, intelligent, socially skilled AND not indoctrinated. Painting homeschoolers with a broad brush and calling their parents stupid and lazy is about the same. Stupid people are everywhere, and thrive in public schools too. You sure are a bitter human being to everyone who doesn’t walk this life exactly like you. It must be miserable living every day like that, always having to criticize and tear down everyone else cause they’re not exactly like you. That’s all I’m saying. It needed saying.

My step daughter is a teacher, her husband works as hard as anyone on here. She is quitting her job in a public school and gonna home school my grand daughter. They are not stupid or lazy. My oldest daughter is about to have a son. If I have any any say in it at all. He will be home schooled. He will know how to read write and do simple math. Some small skills they don't teach in public schools any more. Just because your family is stupid doesn't mean everybody's is.

Re: Missouri SB 727 [Re: Goatkiller] #4115461
04/11/24 09:45 AM
04/11/24 09:45 AM
B
BPI Online content
14 point
BPI  Online Content
14 point
B
Heard that with my ears.... saw something completely different with my eyes and wallet when I came to my immediate family and their other homeschooled kids and homeschooled peers I saw.

Go to WalMart in the middle of the day and you'll find some "homeschooled" kids up there. Look for some kids in a Wolf t-shirt. Look at the Parents. Tell me that's appropriate.

They all look like they need a whole lot of additional "rules" to me.

It matters because this is an argument about society and how American Excellence comes directly through Education. It's fundamental to the success of not only individuals but collectively all Americans.

That's a home problem that would carry over into wherever they attended school. It starts in the home. Public education is not what it once was.

Re: Missouri SB 727 [Re: Mbrock] #4115464
04/11/24 09:49 AM
04/11/24 09:49 AM
Lawrence Co. AL
jdhunter2011 Offline
8 Point
jdhunter2011  Offline
8 Point
Lawrence Co. AL

It did need saying and you hit the nail on the head. This is exactly why I skip over any comment this guy makes and dont give it the time of day.

Its not the will to win but the will to prepare to win!
Re: Missouri SB 727 [Re: woodduck] #4115465
04/11/24 09:52 AM
04/11/24 09:52 AM
Guntersville
K
klay Offline
10 point
klay  Offline
10 point
K
Guntersville
This is exactly why we fought the school choice bill that just passed in Alabama. We already have a choice. Now, the government has a foot in the door. If you take the money, you have to use approved vendors. It's optional now, but most states start that way and become mandatory eventually.

Re: Missouri SB 727 [Re: Mbrock] #4115483
04/11/24 10:18 AM
04/11/24 10:18 AM
Northport
B
Bamarich2 Offline
8 point
Bamarich2  Offline
8 point
B
Northport

Yep... this is a case where we lump everyone into one category because of the actions of a few. There are some great homeschooled families out there just like there are some who aren't so great... just like everywhere else.

Re: Missouri SB 727 [Re: Goatkiller] #4115484
04/11/24 10:19 AM
04/11/24 10:19 AM
AL
J
jhardy Offline
6 point
jhardy  Offline
6 point
J
AL

[quote=Goatkiller]

Wow! That’s umm, a dumb statement.

Re: Missouri SB 727 [Re: woodduck] #4115485
04/11/24 10:20 AM
04/11/24 10:20 AM
B'ham
Goatkiller Offline
14 point
Goatkiller  Offline
14 point
B'ham

All Americans should be concerned by the fact that we have ALL these excellent Teachers out there at kitchen tables across America homeschooling their kids. Seems like good Teachers are seemingly everywhere when you talk to the homeschool advocates. The rest of us have a really hard time finding good teachers. I would encourage those in that situation to use their most excellent teaching skills to reach beyond the living room and maybe... since they are so good... help others. We certainly need better teachers. That's a Serious Comment. Make a career of it. Instead of abandoning your public schools consider making a difference.

Anyway... That was fun. I might check back in with y'all later on this.

Re: Missouri SB 727 [Re: woodduck] #4115492
04/11/24 10:24 AM
04/11/24 10:24 AM
North Jefferson
R
Rockstar007 Offline
8 point
Rockstar007  Offline
8 point
R
North Jefferson

[quote=Goatkiller]

Wow! That’s umm, a dumb statement.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.