</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
2019 Yamaha Grizzly 90
by Paddlejon. 05/02/24 01:03 PM
Ruger No 1 AB
by limabean. 05/02/24 09:31 AM
ISO 6’-7’ finish mower
by nomercy. 05/01/24 09:31 PM
Ruger GP100 and Rossi .243 single shot for sale
by whitetail35. 05/01/24 02:12 PM
Glock 31 357 sig
by chasew808. 05/01/24 08:53 AM
Serious Deer Talk
Velvet
by Big Bore. 05/01/24 11:16 PM
Forever wild gun regs.
by Frankie. 05/01/24 03:42 PM
Kansas draw
by booner. 05/01/24 02:56 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by demp17. 04/30/24 05:51 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Need dozer work. Cullman area
by Trecker1. 05/02/24 02:33 PM
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Who's Online Now
126 registered members (mopar, KnightRyder, hawndog, Bruno, PanolaProductions, BPI, Squadron77, Jdkprp70, Cahabariverrat, hitek, 10 POINT, MarksOutdoors, AU338MAG, Stu, 257 mag, Floorman1, murf205, slanddeerhunter, abolt300, GomerPyle, CeeHawk37, Young20, jawbone, chevydude2015, Joe4majors, tmhrmh1, Snuffy, brett.smith, BCD, ALMODUX, Lvlhdd, hamma, Coosa1, Detroitdan, klay, Bustinbeards, BCLC, Cactus_buck, jmj120, Justice, Canterberry, BearBranch, somedude, jono23, donia, Andalusia, NorthFork, !shiloh!, BigA47, Tall Dog, Flyliner, Stacey, dwaugh, Sself161, Tree Dweller, cullbuck, TroyBoy1988, geeb1, Jweeks, Rip Wheeler, Turkeyneck78, BrentsFX4, Safetyman, PossumPecker, SWilliamson, Skillet, timberman56, TurkeyJoe, AU coonhunter, rickyh_2, hunter84, BamaBoHunter, BC_Reb, IMISSALDEER, mossyback, Bowfish, Thread Killer, mashburn, cdaddy14, Shaneomac2, curt99rsv, canine933, Okatuppa, Whild_Bill, dirkdaddy, beeline08, brushwhacker, Boathand, Trecker1, RidgeRanger, quailman, chill, Holcomb, odocoileus, crocker, RSF, JKlep, crenshawco, GmeHunter, Downwind, Raspy, clayk, Chiller, SuperSpike, Mookyle, Skullworks, Reptar, AKB, jake5050, Nightwatchman, need2hunt, PikeRoadHunter, hoggin, 7PTSPREAD, jb20, coldtrail, 10 invisible), 796 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: The Bible [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4114443
04/09/24 04:18 PM
04/09/24 04:18 PM
dora alabama
M
mathews prostaff Offline
4 point
mathews prostaff  Offline
4 point
M
dora alabama
heres a quote from hort to Mr John ellerton July 6 1848.
"the pure romish view seems to me nearer and more likely to lead to the truth than the evangelical. we bear in mind that hard and unspiritual medieval crust which enveloped the doctrine of the sacraments in stormy times. though in measure it may have made it unprofitable to many men at the time,yet in God's providence preserved it inviolate and unscatttered for future generations.we dare not forsake the sacraments or God will forsake us"..

sounds to me like a romanist. these are the guys whose greek new testament is used by ALL THE MODERN TRANSLATIONS.

Re: The Bible [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4114451
04/09/24 04:41 PM
04/09/24 04:41 PM
dora alabama
M
mathews prostaff Offline
4 point
4 point
M
dora alabama
2 cor 2:17 for we are not as many which corrupt the word of God.
he was talking about the Gnostics. they did not believe that Jesus was God.
they believed at His baptism he took on a christ consciousness.

King james magnifies Jesus Christ. I tim 3:16 king james says GOD was manifest in the flesh.
critical text says he was manifest in the flesh.

Jesus is called the lion of the tribe of Judah
hosea 11:12 King james Ephraim compasses me about with lies and the house of Israel with deceit but Judah yet ruleth with God and is faithful with the saints
hosea 11:12 niv Ephraim has surrounded me with lies and Israel with deceit and Judah is UNRULY against God even against the faith ful Holy one.........................IS THAT SAYING THE SAME THING?

Re: The Bible [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4114452
04/09/24 04:45 PM
04/09/24 04:45 PM
dora alabama
M
mathews prostaff Offline
4 point
4 point
M
dora alabama
Micah 5:2 king james but thou Bethlehem Ephrata though thou be little among the thousands of Judah yet out of thee shall He come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel whose goings forth have bee. from old from everlasting

Micah 5:2 niv says whose origins are from old from ancient times..
in the king james Jesus is the eternal God in the critical text he's just from old

Re: The Bible [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4114453
04/09/24 04:49 PM
04/09/24 04:49 PM
dora alabama
M
mathews prostaff Offline
4 point
4 point
M
dora alabama
eph 3:9 king james. and to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery which from the beginning of the world hath been hidden in God who created all things by Jesu Christ

all modern versions remove who created all things by Jesus Christ

Re: The Bible [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4114461
04/09/24 05:04 PM
04/09/24 05:04 PM
dora alabama
M
mathews prostaff Offline
4 point
4 point
M
dora alabama
mark 10 :24 king james and the disciples were astonished at his words ,but Jesus answereth again and said unto them .children how hard it is for them THAT TRUST IN RICHES to enter the kingdom of God..

mark 10 24 niv. the disciples were amazed at his words but Jesus said again children how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God..

now wait a minute is it hard to be saved.or is it that if u trust in riches or anything else besides Jesus it's hard?

catholicism is works based religion of Cain.

1 cor 1:18 KING JAMES for the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness but unto us which ARE SAVED it is the power of God.

critical text says BEING saved.

so are you saved by trusting in the finished work of Christ or do you have to work for it like the romanist anti christ critical text teaches.

that's why I vehemently deny the works based false gospel of lordship salvation.

I do not believe in the calvanist doctrine of the perseverance of the saints

I believe in the PRESERVATION OF THE SAVIOR.

Re: The Bible [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4114462
04/09/24 05:07 PM
04/09/24 05:07 PM
dora alabama
M
mathews prostaff Offline
4 point
4 point
M
dora alabama
got to go teach taekwondo now but I got lots of these differences I'll compare some more later

Re: The Bible [Re: Irishguy] #4114537
04/09/24 07:32 PM
04/09/24 07:32 PM
Alabama
Jakethesnake Offline
The Flippin’ Idiot That Could Care Less
Jakethesnake  Offline
The Flippin’ Idiot That Could Care Less
Alabama
Originally Posted by Irishguy
I've always thought it fascinating how 47 dudes got together at the behest of King James and all decided what books went into our modern bible and which books weren't allowed in. And how for roughly 1600 years of Christianity before that, there was no one set version of "The Bible" and instead the people just had all these various loose collections of all kinds of scriptures.

Yeah it raises lots of red flags now that I'm older and can think for myself. Go listen to all the latest discoveries about ancient civilizations, structures, timelines and astronomy and the bible falls apart. Some of the stories hold water though. I have changed my opinion about religion recently. I think it's best to not focus on what man has messed with and keep it simple. Just God. No religion. No titles. No stories. Because it's all irrelevant to man and creator.

Re: The Bible [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4114565
04/09/24 07:59 PM
04/09/24 07:59 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Itll all come together for you one day Jake, and really fast

Re: The Bible [Re: Jakethesnake] #4114628
04/09/24 09:00 PM
04/09/24 09:00 PM
Banana Republic
jb20 Online shocked
Old Mossy Horns
jb20  Online Shocked
Old Mossy Horns
Banana Republic
Originally Posted by Jakethesnake
I've always thought it fascinating how 47 dudes got together at the behest of King James and all decided what books went into our modern bible and which books weren't allowed in. And how for roughly 1600 years of Christianity before that, there was no one set version of "The Bible" and instead the people just had all these various loose collections of all kinds of scriptures.

Yeah it raises lots of red flags now that I'm older and can think for myself. Go listen to all the latest discoveries about ancient civilizations, structures, timelines and astronomy and the bible falls apart. Some of the stories hold water though. I have changed my opinion about religion recently. I think it's best to not focus on what man has messed with and keep it simple. Just God. No religion. No titles. No stories. Because it's all irrelevant to man and creator.

It doesn't fall apart, many don't believe what I do but it's all there, the earth is millions of years old, they're 3 earth ages we're in the 2nd, I do agree to leave religion out of it and focus on God

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Ben Franklin
Re: The Bible [Re: Jakethesnake] #4114668
04/09/24 09:38 PM
04/09/24 09:38 PM
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...
bill Offline
Freak of Nature
bill  Offline
Freak of Nature
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...
Originally Posted by Jakethesnake

Now you only need answer how 40 different authors on 3 different continents over 100s of years apart, most of whom never met one another or read the other authors writings, came up with the same story of a fallen world in need of a savior. Every book in the bible is pointing towards Jesus or detailing his teachings. We know from secular historians that he indeed lived, was crucified and that over 500 witnesses claimed to have seen him after his resurrection. Secular History confirms those biblical stories. If you still don't believe then you only need to figure out how man, in all his filth, is going to come into right relationship with a perfect and holy God and how that would work. Man, throughout history has tried to make God into something he can live with instead of trusting in the fact we serve a God who requires that we conform to him and not the other way around. Christ is the one and only way. The God I serve isn't dependent on men making sure His word is here for us. He's big enough to make sure man can't destroy or corrupt what he intends for His people.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard
Re: The Bible [Re: mathews prostaff] #4114673
04/09/24 09:44 PM
04/09/24 09:44 PM
Northport
B
Bamarich2 Offline
8 point
Bamarich2  Offline
8 point
B
Northport
Originally Posted by mathews prostaff
no bama rich the Wescott and hort come from 3 the vaticanus the sinaticus and the Alexandrian that's all they used that is the critical text. the tyndale the Coverdale the mathews the great Bible the Geneva and king james come from the majority text at the time totaled about 5300 manuscripts today there are 6006 that have been discovered that have byzantine or syriac text type.

You keep saying the KJV came from the Majority Text… and that’s simply not true no matter how many times you say it.

https://www.gotquestions.org/majority-text.html

Re: The Bible [Re: mathews prostaff] #4114676
04/09/24 09:50 PM
04/09/24 09:50 PM
Northport
B
Bamarich2 Offline
8 point
Bamarich2  Offline
8 point
B
Northport
Joe. the king james is the Bible it is the preserved word of God. that's why it is constantly attacked.satan has been attacking the word of God since the garden of eden when he told eve yeah hath God said?. the king james translators were absolutely brilliant men many spoke 7 or more languages. the king james magnifies Jesus Christ the corrupt modern versions take away from the deity of Christ. there are basically 2 streams of text the Alexandria text type and the Syriac text. in the Alexandria text you thave the vaticanus the sinaticus and the Alexandria. those 3 don't even agree with each other. matter of fact they disagree with each other over 3000 times. the majority text or the Syriac or byzantine which is up to 6000 manuscripts all say the same thing the only difference is spelling. if they found it in Spain they spelled his name Pedro in English we say Peter. but the text was the same. the majority text is where the tyndale the mathews the bishops the Geneva the great Bible and the king james come from. Paul said in Corinthians that we are not as many which corrupt the word of God. they were corrupting the word in Paul's day. Paul and Peter and them were dealing with the gnostic. who did not believe in the deity of Christ. that's why Paul said if anyone preaches a different gospel or a different Jesus let him be accursed. the Alexandrians were a bunch of gnostic led by their cult leader origen.the first mention of the Alexandrians is in the book of acts were they were arguing with Stephen the Christian. the king james is the word of God the modern versions based on the minority text are jesuit catholic bibles.

Ok… so here’s a question you have to answer if what you’re claiming is true. If the KJV is the ONLY preserved word of God, then why has it been revised/updated many times over the centuries? IF it was the pure, unchanged word of God, why has there been a need for revision?

Re: The Bible [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4114680
04/09/24 09:55 PM
04/09/24 09:55 PM
Mobile, AL
P
Pwyse Offline
10 point
Pwyse  Offline
10 point
P
Mobile, AL
Mathews pro staff...

I really don't understand what point you are making by comparing the two translations. Are you saying that the NIV is incorrect because it doesn't match up with the KJV? If so, how do you know which one is correct? Both were translated from ancient languages. And to modern day people, the KJV was translated from one ancient language to another ancient language. It has even been revised a few times and it is STILL an ancient language. So I'm not sure what point you were making.

Re: The Bible [Re: Bamarich2] #4114681
04/09/24 09:57 PM
04/09/24 09:57 PM
Mobile, AL
P
Pwyse Offline
10 point
Pwyse  Offline
10 point
P
Mobile, AL
Originally Posted by Bamarich2
Joe. the king james is the Bible it is the preserved word of God. that's why it is constantly attacked.satan has been attacking the word of God since the garden of eden when he told eve yeah hath God said?. the king james translators were absolutely brilliant men many spoke 7 or more languages. the king james magnifies Jesus Christ the corrupt modern versions take away from the deity of Christ. there are basically 2 streams of text the Alexandria text type and the Syriac text. in the Alexandria text you thave the vaticanus the sinaticus and the Alexandria. those 3 don't even agree with each other. matter of fact they disagree with each other over 3000 times. the majority text or the Syriac or byzantine which is up to 6000 manuscripts all say the same thing the only difference is spelling. if they found it in Spain they spelled his name Pedro in English we say Peter. but the text was the same. the majority text is where the tyndale the mathews the bishops the Geneva the great Bible and the king james come from. Paul said in Corinthians that we are not as many which corrupt the word of God. they were corrupting the word in Paul's day. Paul and Peter and them were dealing with the gnostic. who did not believe in the deity of Christ. that's why Paul said if anyone preaches a different gospel or a different Jesus let him be accursed. the Alexandrians were a bunch of gnostic led by their cult leader origen.the first mention of the Alexandrians is in the book of acts were they were arguing with Stephen the Christian. the king james is the word of God the modern versions based on the minority text are jesuit catholic bibles.

Ok… so here’s a question you have to answer if what you’re claiming is true. If the KJV is the ONLY preserved word of God, then why has it been revised/updated many times over the centuries? IF it was the pure, unchanged word of God, why has there been a need for revision?

Not only that, how do you know it is the preserved word of God?

Re: The Bible [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4114688
04/09/24 10:16 PM
04/09/24 10:16 PM
dora alabama
M
mathews prostaff Offline
4 point
4 point
M
dora alabama
care to explain the differences between the byzantine syriac text type that the king james uses verses the Wescott and hort text that all the modern versions use. Wescott and hort were occultist also were part of a paranormal group. they also believed the earth is millions of years old. they were very ecumenical with rome. Erasmus rejected the vaticanus to use in the textus receptus because he knew it had errors. and why is it that the vaticanus did not be revealed till 1475. tichindorf who discovered the sinaticus had his private meeting with the pope who is the anti christ upon his return. there is evidence however that sinaticus was a forgery. Simondes said he faked it. even called out tichindorf to a debate but he never showed up Simondes waited in England for him but he never showed.. even if sinaticus was not a forgery he found it in a waste paper basket. they were using the leafs to start the fires in st catheines even they nlknew it was not a accurate text. all Wescott and hort used was vaticanus sinaticus and Alexandrian text to come up with their greek new testament. and just because got questions says something don't make it true either.

Re: The Bible [Re: mathews prostaff] #4114702
04/09/24 11:06 PM
04/09/24 11:06 PM
Guadalajoover
J
joe sixpack Offline
10 point
joe sixpack  Offline
10 point
J
Guadalajoover
care to explain the differences between the byzantine syriac text type that the king james uses verses the Wescott and hort text that all the modern versions use. Wescott and hort were occultist also were part of a paranormal group. they also believed the earth is millions of years old. they were very ecumenical with rome. Erasmus rejected the vaticanus to use in the textus receptus because he knew it had errors. and why is it that the vaticanus did not be revealed till 1475. tichindorf who discovered the sinaticus had his private meeting with the pope who is the anti christ upon his return. there is evidence however that sinaticus was a forgery. Simondes said he faked it. even called out tichindorf to a debate but he never showed up Simondes waited in England for him but he never showed.. even if sinaticus was not a forgery he found it in a waste paper basket. they were using the leafs to start the fires in st catheines even they nlknew it was not a accurate text. all Wescott and hort used was vaticanus sinaticus and Alexandrian text to come up with their greek new testament. and just because got questions says something don't make it true either.

The earth is millions of years old.

Re: The Bible [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4114751
04/10/24 06:11 AM
04/10/24 06:11 AM
dora alabama
M
mathews prostaff Offline
4 point
4 point
M
dora alabama
pwyse... reread the differences I laid out. are they saying thr same thing? no in fact they say the exact opposite. the king james had a UPDATE in 1769 but all they did was go from goth text type to tines Roman text type the words are the same and they went to a more modern spelling of the words but the all the same text is still there from 1611.

the point I'm making is satan has been attacking the word of God since the garden of eden when he told eve yeah hath God said?

why would Paul say for we are not as many which corrupt the word of God.
God promised to preserve His word over and over again. we have the preserved word of God in the syriac or byzantine text type that the king james comes from.............THATS WHY IT IS ALWAYS UNDER ATTACK

Re: The Bible [Re: bill] #4114753
04/10/24 06:13 AM
04/10/24 06:13 AM
Lickskillet, AL
Irishguy Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Irishguy  Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Lickskillet, AL
Originally Posted by bill

Now you only need answer how 40 different authors on 3 different continents over 100s of years apart, most of whom never met one another or read the other authors writings, came up with the same story of a fallen world in need of a savior. Every book in the bible is pointing towards Jesus or detailing his teachings. We know from secular historians that he indeed lived, was crucified and that over 500 witnesses claimed to have seen him after his resurrection. Secular History confirms those biblical stories. If you still don't believe then you only need to figure out how man, in all his filth, is going to come into right relationship with a perfect and holy God and how that would work. Man, throughout history has tried to make God into something he can live with instead of trusting in the fact we serve a God who requires that we conform to him and not the other way around. Christ is the one and only way. The God I serve isn't dependent on men making sure His word is here for us. He's big enough to make sure man can't destroy or corrupt what he intends for His people.

That was a good post Bill.

Re: The Bible [Re: mathews prostaff] #4114759
04/10/24 06:27 AM
04/10/24 06:27 AM
Mobile, AL
P
Pwyse Offline
10 point
Pwyse  Offline
10 point
P
Mobile, AL

Actually, Westcott and Hort also used the Byzantine syriac text. There is not much difference in the two anyways. The books you have read to support the KJV being the true word of God are biased. All authors have an agenda. You need to read both sides and decide for yourself.

I know this... the Holy Spirit will speak to you through both. And a person that is learning the ways of Christ with the NIV and the Holy Spirit are just as close to Jesus as someone who is learning the ways of Christ using the KJV and the Holy Spirit.

Re: The Bible [Re: bill] #4114778
04/10/24 06:49 AM
04/10/24 06:49 AM
Boxes Cove
2Dogs Offline
Freak of Nature
2Dogs  Offline
Freak of Nature
Boxes Cove
Originally Posted by bill

That's right , good post. The prophets of the Old Testament were spot on, that wasn't blind luck.

"Why do you ask"?

Always vote the slowest path to socialism.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.