</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
2019 Yamaha Grizzly 90
by Paddlejon. 05/02/24 01:03 PM
Ruger No 1 AB
by limabean. 05/02/24 09:31 AM
ISO 6’-7’ finish mower
by nomercy. 05/01/24 09:31 PM
Ruger GP100 and Rossi .243 single shot for sale
by whitetail35. 05/01/24 02:12 PM
Glock 31 357 sig
by chasew808. 05/01/24 08:53 AM
Serious Deer Talk
Velvet
by Big Bore. 05/01/24 11:16 PM
Forever wild gun regs.
by Frankie. 05/01/24 03:42 PM
Kansas draw
by booner. 05/01/24 02:56 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by demp17. 04/30/24 05:51 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Need dozer work. Cullman area
by Trecker1. 05/02/24 02:33 PM
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Who's Online Now
136 registered members (MikeP, COOTER, buzzard, Cactus_buck, Thread Killer, Skillet, thayerp81, hunter84, gobblebox, Big AL 76, limabean, M48scout, turkey247, Lvlhdd, TwoRs, AU338MAG, Turberville, globe, rblaker, Tree Dweller, mopar, Frankie, Reaper, CarbonClimber1, scrubbuck, auwild, stl32, twaldrop4, Turkey Petter, geeb1, crenshawco, Chiller, kaintuck, Jdkprp70, TravisBatey, UARandy3, BPI, BC_Reb, BamaBoHunter, coldtrail, ridgestalker, Parker243, Bruno, Shaneomac2, zrobb38, 10 POINT, JHH, murf205, Bows4evr, PanolaProductions, MarksOutdoors, KnightRyder, hawndog, Squadron77, Cahabariverrat, hitek, Stu, 257 mag, Floorman1, slanddeerhunter, abolt300, GomerPyle, CeeHawk37, Young20, jawbone, chevydude2015, Joe4majors, tmhrmh1, Snuffy, brett.smith, BCD, ALMODUX, hamma, Coosa1, Detroitdan, klay, Bustinbeards, BCLC, jmj120, Justice, Canterberry, BearBranch, somedude, jono23, donia, Andalusia, NorthFork, !shiloh!, BigA47, Tall Dog, Flyliner, Stacey, dwaugh, Sself161, cullbuck, TroyBoy1988, Jweeks, Rip Wheeler, Turkeyneck78, BrentsFX4, Safetyman, PossumPecker, SWilliamson, timberman56, TurkeyJoe, AU coonhunter, rickyh_2, IMISSALDEER, mossyback, Bowfish, mashburn, cdaddy14, curt99rsv, canine933, Okatuppa, Whild_Bill, dirkdaddy, beeline08, brushwhacker, Boathand, Trecker1, RidgeRanger, quailman, chill, 12 invisible), 805 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: mathews prostaff] #4089941
02/25/24 09:02 AM
02/25/24 09:02 AM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Originally Posted by mathews prostaff
John who was the only disciple to die a natural death.i believe God allowed him to die an old man instead of a martyrs death because he was the only one who did not abandon Christ when He was on the cross.

Thats very interestion and ive never heard of or even thought about it. Is there scripture to back it up? I would sure like to read and study it if there is.

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: Jakethesnake] #4089960
02/25/24 09:26 AM
02/25/24 09:26 AM
kyles
K
kyles Offline OP
8 point
kyles  Offline OP
8 point
K
kyles
Originally Posted by Jakethesnake
[quote=jwalker77]Yep, and Jesus is in the bible from genesis to revelations

Jesus is also missing from age what.... 12 to 32? Then he reappears being called out of Egypt riding on a donkey. Where was he? The parts missing from the Bible say he was learning reiki healing and teaching reincarnation. That he was married, had a brother, his mom was from an artificial birth. That he never was crucified.

According to Christianity...if a preacher rapes a little girl, confesses his sins, he will enter God's kingdom. The girl grows up with hurt and doesn't buy into the religion. She will be cast into hell forever. A lake of fire.

If the devil is the master of trickery and wise...he's gonna follow the book to his own demise?

Why are there pyramids on every planet? Lots of them?

The people that own most of the ancient writings are the ones controlling the narrative. The same ones that are dressed in red and black outfits, their klan is known for child molestation.

Amen means Amun...an Egyptian guy.

The name Jesus means Zuess. When we say that we're hailing Zuess.

These are big red flags to me and we keep passing these beliefs down to our kids. Jesus ain't even his name.

Jake you need to get up today and go start hunting a bible teaching Church because they are out there. There is no sin that Jesus did not die for. I hate to tell you but if you believe what you posted you have missed the truth.I have to be better at speaking the truth without offending. But if you really believe your post you have been decieved. I am going to tell you that out of love. I got to get in the shower because Jesus died for the Church the bride of Christ and I cant wait to get to Sunday school in a small group. Then on to worship service and praise him because i was a ruff sinner. I am still a sinner but I done put my faith in the Gosple that has been talked about on this thread. Praying for you today and I am not saying that to be spiritual

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4090002
02/25/24 11:22 AM
02/25/24 11:22 AM
Henry county
coldtrail Online content
12 point
coldtrail  Online Content
12 point
Henry county
Faith of a mustard seed Jake, that's all it takes. What would the world look like today if Jesus had never been born? There would be no United States as we see it. No Christian influence any wher in the world, we know what that looks like by looking at the middle east. It's easy to see what power the birth,.life,.and death had on mankind,.an all of.itfor good. That's the kind of God I want to follow. I can sort the rest out a long the way.

"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days" Ray Wylie Hubbard
Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4090515
02/26/24 08:43 AM
02/26/24 08:43 AM
Sylacauga, AL
poorcountrypreacher Offline
Booner
poorcountrypreacher  Offline
Booner
Sylacauga, AL

I haven't read much of the thread, but I've always thought it best to let the Bible answer questions about the Bible. Did Jesus see all sins as the same?

John 19:10-11 (KJV) Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?
Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

He said one sin was greater than the other.

So do all sins carry the same punishment?

Luke 12:47-48 (KJV) And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Appears to me that the answer is no.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.
Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4090581
02/26/24 10:14 AM
02/26/24 10:14 AM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Preacher, i love how you took scripture and answered a question about the bible. And use the very words our Lord and Savior spoke to answer tge question. Then gave your opinion based on the teaching of the bible. Thats absolutely awesome. Thank you.

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: jwalker77] #4090638
02/26/24 11:55 AM
02/26/24 11:55 AM
W. Al
S
stoolshooter Offline
4 point
stoolshooter  Offline
4 point
S
W. Al
Originally Posted by jwalker77
John who was the only disciple to die a natural death.i believe God allowed him to die an old man instead of a martyrs death because he was the only one who did not abandon Christ when He was on the cross.

Thats very interestion and ive never heard of or even thought about it. Is there scripture to back it up? I would sure like to read and study it if there is.

John 21 18-22

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: Pwyse] #4090639
02/26/24 11:58 AM
02/26/24 11:58 AM
W. Al
S
stoolshooter Offline
4 point
stoolshooter  Offline
4 point
S
W. Al
Originally Posted by Pwyse
They are all the same as far as spiritual consequences. They are very different as far as earthly consequences.

Right

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4090654
02/26/24 12:15 PM
02/26/24 12:15 PM
W. Al
S
stoolshooter Offline
4 point
stoolshooter  Offline
4 point
S
W. Al
Repentance means turning away from sin and tuning to God. There will be fruits of repentant people. There is no ONE paticular verse, but it is evident thu the NT.

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #4090663
02/26/24 12:28 PM
02/26/24 12:28 PM
Georgia and Missouri
Semo Offline
12 point
Semo  Offline
12 point
Georgia and Missouri
Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher

I haven't read much of the thread, but I've always thought it best to let the Bible answer questions about the Bible. Did Jesus see all sins as the same?

John 19:10-11 (KJV) Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?
Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

He said one sin was greater than the other.

So do all sins carry the same punishment?

Luke 12:47-48 (KJV) And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Appears to me that the answer is no.

I agree that Jesus said to pilate in John 19 that those who turned him over had the greater sin (and that it was under Gods authority), but in Luke 12 he is speaking to those who havent heard the word vs those who know it and still sin. Those who have heard and know carry a greater burden (according to Jesus).

I understand that some believe that the original King James version is "the way." But pulling direct quotes from the KJV and reading word for word can be misleading, because the translation isnt the most accurate. Though there is a guy on the corner Ive heard yell that if you dont read the KJV youre going to hell. So, there is that. laugh

But, in these passages God doesnt give humans the authority to determine the arrangement of sins from bad to worse. That is his determination. Cultural conservatives have their order, liberal christians have theirs, but God has his. I wonder if it isnt a sin to create our earthy determinations in a realm that is clearly under God's authority. Sure we can develope worldly punishments of transgressions for those here. But, determining one's salvation and God's forgiveness is not our domain. Insert judging text.

Pointing out the speck in your bothers eye while ignoring the log in your own.... or something like that.

BTW: I am not challenging your answer PCP, I am just offering my thoughts/questions and look forward to any additional posts.

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4090669
02/26/24 12:41 PM
02/26/24 12:41 PM
dora alabama
M
mathews prostaff Offline
4 point
mathews prostaff  Offline
4 point
M
dora alabama
wonder why the king james Bible I won't use the term version is the most attacked Bible out there?

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: mathews prostaff] #4090682
02/26/24 01:06 PM
02/26/24 01:06 PM
Georgia and Missouri
Semo Offline
12 point
Semo  Offline
12 point
Georgia and Missouri
wonder why the king james Bible I won't use the term version is the most attacked Bible out there?

Oh, holy crap dude. Nobody is attacking KJV. It just isnt the closest word for word translation.

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4090702
02/26/24 01:32 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Semo, who was it told you the KJV isnt the most accurate translation? And exactly what was used to decide that?

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: Semo] #4090704
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Originally Posted by Semo

Oh, holy crap dude. Nobody is attacking KJV. It just isnt the closest word for word translation.

Please explain.

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4090743
02/26/24 02:15 PM
02/26/24 02:15 PM
Georgia and Missouri
Semo Offline
12 point
Semo  Offline
12 point
Georgia and Missouri
My church uses the ESV and I'm not saying it is better in all ways. But hundreds of years of additional knowledge about greek, hebrew, and aramiac translationing does offer a closer translation to the original text. Biblical scholars (men) worked on the KJV in the early 1600's. Biblical Scholars (men) worked on the ESV (2000ish). That is almost 400 years of insight into these languages. I cant read greek like my last 2 pastors, but I did waste 3 years of taking Latin. LOL

If I could read greek maybe I'd search the original text, but because I cant I'd like to get as close as I can to it. I believe the original texts are "the word of God", so when really needing the exact wording I'd like to get as close as possible. Which there are even closer versions than the ESV, but they can becone hard to read because translating languages kind if works like that.

I have several King James Bibles. Nothing wrong with them and the message is the same. But, if I was in a bible study (by English speakers) I'd want a more accurate translation. Luther translated the German Bible in 1522. That was directly from Greek (mostly), but his greek wasnt as good as his assistant's. I'm sure they made errors that have been corrected in the 500 years since 1st published. "Luther's" Bible had a huge impact on Christianity (as a religion). However, I dont need to go back to the 1st German translation today. The 1st English translation came from Luther's bible shortly after. Going from the original to german to english probably lost some meaning. So, just because it was the 1st translation doesnt mean it was accurate. KJV solved this by going from the original texts to english. That was better. Was it better than Luther's Bible? I dint know because I cant read German. But my guess is it was because the scholars translating it had more experience and documents 80 years later.

The original text is the infallible word of God and scholars have worked very hard since Luther and King James and until the present day to bring that to all languages. Every translation offers something valuable, but I'm more fond of the word for word translations of which bith KJV and the ESV are.

OK back to work

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: Semo] #4090749
02/26/24 02:23 PM
02/26/24 02:23 PM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Online content
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Online Content
Booner
M
Chilton County
Originally Posted by Semo
My church uses the ESV and I'm not saying it is better in all ways. But hundreds of years of additional knowledge about greek, hebrew, and aramiac translationing does offer a closer translation to the original text. Biblical scholars (men) worked on the KJV in the early 1600's. Biblical Scholars (men) worked on the ESV (2000ish). That is almost 400 years of insight into these languages. I cant read greek like my last 2 pastors, but I did waste 3 years of taking Latin. LOL

If I could read greek maybe I'd search the original text, but because I cant I'd like to get as close as I can to it. I believe the original texts are "the word of God", so when really needing the exact wording I'd like to get as close as possible. Which there are even closer versions than the ESV, but they can becone hard to read because translating languages kind if works like that.

I have several King James Bibles. Nothing wrong with them and the message is the same. But, if I was in a bible study (by English speakers) I'd want a more accurate translation. Luther translated the German Bible in 1522. That was directly from Greek (mostly), but his greek wasnt as good as his assistant's. I'm sure they made errors that have been corrected in the 500 years since 1st published. "Luther's" Bible had a huge impact on Christianity (as a religion). However, I dont need to go back to the 1st German translation today. The 1st English translation came from Luther's bible shortly after. Going from the original to german to english probably lost some meaning. So, just because it was the 1st translation doesnt mean it was accurate. KJV solved this by going from the original texts to english. That was better. Was it better than Luther's Bible? I dint know because I cant read German. But my guess is it was because the scholars translating it had more experience and documents 80 years later.

The original text is the infallible word of God and scholars have worked very hard since Luther and King James and until the present day to bring that to all languages. Every translation offers something valuable, but I'm more fond of the word for word translations of which bith KJV and the ESV are.

OK back to work

Great post. Unless a person is fluent in the original Hebrew, Aramaic and Koine Greek, all translations will contain error from the original languages.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton
Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4090861
02/26/24 04:24 PM
02/26/24 04:24 PM
dora alabama
M
mathews prostaff Offline
4 point
mathews prostaff  Offline
4 point
M
dora alabama
God promised to preserve His word in psalm 12 6/7. He has done that with the king james Bible for English speaking people. the translators were very brilliant men who were fluent in Hebrew and greek.a few of the translators could speak over 5 languages. they were not less informed of the original languages than modern people are today they knew it as well as anyone. the king james is based on the majority text or antiocan text the new age versions based on Wescott and hort text or the critical text are based on Alexandrian text. Paul said in 2 cor 2 17 for we are not as many which corrupt the word of God. the gnostic cult of Alexandria were corrupting God's word. Satan from the very beginning was sowing seeds of doubt when he told eve yeah hath God said? I believe God did just as He said He preserved His word. the king james is the Bible. it is the preserved word of God the new age bibles based on Wescott and hort text are catholic versions which take away from the deity of Christ.

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4090869
02/26/24 04:39 PM
02/26/24 04:39 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Anyone who thinks they will understand the bible without the assistance of the holy spirit is way off base to begin with. Then anyone who cannot understand the bible, any version, likely just needs to get saved. The bible is alive. The same verse might mean a dozen different things at 12 different points in a christians life. Two people might read the same verse and get two completely different meanings that will both help those two people with two different problems they were having right then. God is amazing and so is his word. But its his word and if you think youll understand his word if you dont know him, you are mistaken. Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, that would be a good place to start, the beginning. If youre reading the bible and not understanding it or getting anything out of it. I can almost say for certain, its not the bibles faut.

Last edited by jwalker77; 02/26/24 04:41 PM.
Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: jwalker77] #4090884
02/26/24 04:58 PM
02/26/24 04:58 PM
Chilton County
M
Booner
Booner
M
Chilton County
God promised to preserve His word in psalm 12 6/7. He has done that with the king james Bible for English speaking people. the translators were very brilliant men who were fluent in Hebrew and greek.a few of the translators could speak over 5 languages. they were not less informed of the original languages than modern people are today they knew it as well as anyone. the king james is based on the majority text or antiocan text the new age versions based on Wescott and hort text or the critical text are based on Alexandrian text. Paul said in 2 cor 2 17 for we are not as many which corrupt the word of God. the gnostic cult of Alexandria were corrupting God's word. Satan from the very beginning was sowing seeds of doubt when he told eve yeah hath God said? I believe God did just as He said He preserved His word. the king james is the Bible. it is the preserved word of God the new age bibles based on Wescott and hort text are catholic versions which take away from the deity of Christ.

"Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders," - Matthew 27:3 KJV

The KJV is a very good translation but not inerrant. Only a genuine, born-again Believer can repent. Practically every other reliable translation says that Judas had "remorse". Jesus refers to Judas as "son of destruction" indicating that he was destined for Hell. https://www.gotquestions.org/Judas-saved.html

“Woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born.” - Mark 14:21

Anyone who thinks they will understand the bible without the assistance of the holy spirit is way off base to begin with. Then anyone who cannot understand the bible, any version, likely just needs to get saved. The bible is alive. The same verse might mean a dozen different things at 12 different points in a christians life. Two people might read the same verse and get two completely different meanings that will both help those two people with two different problems they were having right then. God is amazing and so is his word. But its his word and if you think youll understand his word if you dont know him, you are mistaken. Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, that would be a good place to start, the beginning. If youre reading the bible and not understanding it or getting anything out of it. I can almost say for certain, its not the bibles faut.

The only thing I'd disagree on is the thought that scripture has multiple meanings (if thats what you meant). Like any other book, the author writes with only one intended meaning. When I started out teaching, I often incorrectly asked, "What does this scripture mean to you?". After learning about hermeneutics (the art of biblical interpretation) and exegesis (interpreting and understanding biblical texts), I found it important to properly translate a verse of scripture, otherwise there is no single standard for truth. We are not open to just randomly translating scripture any way we would like.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton
Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4090922
02/26/24 05:28 PM
02/26/24 05:28 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Mark, a verse might speak to people different ways, give different help at different times. Saying "different meanings" was just the way i said it for lack of a better way. But that sentence went right along with the rest of them. The "meaning" of the bible is certainly constant.

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: jwalker77] #4090926
02/26/24 05:33 PM
02/26/24 05:33 PM
Chilton County
M
Booner
Booner
M
Chilton County
Mark, a verse might speak to people different ways, give different help at different times. Saying "different meanings" was just the way i said it for lack of a better way. But that sentence went right along with the rest of them. The "meaning" of the bible is certainly constant.

10-4. No problem.

-G. K. Chesterton
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.