</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
ISO gas golf cart
by Paint Rock 00. 04/27/24 06:55 PM
Taylormade irons and Ping 3W
by BamaBoHunter. 04/27/24 12:40 PM
.22 LR ammo for sale
by Rem870s2. 04/27/24 10:05 AM
ISO .22 pistol.
by hippi. 04/27/24 06:07 AM
Cva wolf 50. Cal
by Bows4evr. 04/26/24 11:49 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Forever wild gun regs.
by CatHeadBiscuit. 04/28/24 09:36 AM
Kansas draw
by Hunter454. 04/27/24 06:05 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by Squeaky. 04/26/24 12:07 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Who's Online Now
104 registered members (Geeb, JohnG, rhino21, LIOJeff, Bronco 74, weatherby, CNC, alhawk, Semo, fillmore, Brian_C, ts1979flh, Rickster, Johnal3, 380jeff, mopar, TensawRiver, goodman_hunter, coldtrail, BamaBoHunter, crenshawco, JHL, TDog93, Khitzeman, Davyalabama, BCLC, Sandmtnslayer, Ant67, Jbf, longshot, johnv, Narrow Gap, Petey, timberwolfe, Ol’Tom, BC_Reb, Bmyers142, courseup, Turkey_neck, rickyh_2, Bigem1958, CatHeadBiscuit, Jwoods32, BobK, Ridge Life, Auburn_03, leroycnbucks, Wildboar14, ALMODUX, Eutaw, Roondog, BigEd, Jmkiper, kodiak06, Zzzfog, JCL, .308, Jotjackson, !shiloh!, mcninja, StateLine, lalongbeard, seapro19, outdoorguy88, sevenup, MC21, clayk, PourIron12, sj22, Ryano, GomerPyle, globe, RockFarmer, Woody1, FPPop, doublefistful, gman, RSF, desertdog, Sixpointholler, ttsam, 10mm, Luxfisher, Cuz-Pat, AJones, Noler_Swamp, Ray_Coon, fur_n_feathers, ParrotHead89, Gunner211, Stacey, UA Hunter, Buckshot77, pvillehunter, AU338MAG, Hammertime7v2, Dubie, oldforester, bald347, BrentsFX4, 4 invisible), 812 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: Pwyse] #4089143
02/23/24 02:05 PM
02/23/24 02:05 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Originally Posted by Pwyse
Originally Posted by jwalker77
"Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound, God forbid". Yall live the way you want to because we have grace folks please explain this scripture to me....Romans 6:2

I’m not sure who you are talking about. I don’t think anyone said they believe you can live the way you want to because we have grace. If I gave you that impression I’m sorry. I didn’t get that impression from anyone else either.

"God will take anyone just as they are and no one needs to worry about how they will live after they repent."

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: Irishguy] #4089155
02/23/24 02:27 PM
02/23/24 02:27 PM
Birmingham
D
Dubie Online content
4 point
Dubie  Online Content
4 point
D
Birmingham
Originally Posted by Irishguy
If you are using what you perceive as "Grace" to keep on sinning then you are trying to "game the system" and you are not winning, you are only hurting yourself.

However, if we are truly saved by Grace, we work continually to avoid knowingly sinning, because we love God and want to please him.

Wanted to jump in the convo real quick. I think is Irish is spot on here. For everyone on the thread….question for yall.

Part of what Irish said and has been touched on in this thread a little. He said if you game the system, you aren’t winning- you are only hurting yourself….

What exactly are we hurting? Our testimony? Or relationship with the Lord? Our eternal security? We know our relationship with the Lord goes hand in hand with our eternal security. We know that grace abounds, but where sin exists, there is death. Take Romans 6:23 for example- there are a plethora of other verses that touch on sin and death going hand in hand.

I think we live in a world where people try to get as close to the fire without being burned until one day they cross that line. That’s how grace and judgement work. When you try to see how far you can push grace, you are playing with fire. We don’t need to forget that we serve a God of grace and judgment.

Last edited by Dubie; 02/23/24 02:28 PM.
Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: jwalker77] #4089159
02/23/24 02:34 PM
02/23/24 02:34 PM
Mobile, AL
P
Pwyse Offline
10 point
Pwyse  Offline
10 point
P
Mobile, AL
"Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound, God forbid". Yall live the way you want to because we have grace folks please explain this scripture to me....Romans 6:2

I’m not sure who you are talking about. I don’t think anyone said they believe you can live the way you want to because we have grace. If I gave you that impression I’m sorry. I didn’t get that impression from anyone else either.

"God will take anyone just as they are and no one needs to worry about how they will live after they repent."

Ahhh I see how you could get to that conclusion now. I THINK what bill was saying is… someone shouldn’t be worried about not being able to stop sinning after salvation. We don’t want people that want to be saved, not getting saved because they think there’s no way I can live a perfect life after salvation. He was saying we confuse them a lot of times. I don’t think he was saying he believes people can live the way they want after salvation.

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: jwalker77] #4089165
02/23/24 02:39 PM
02/23/24 02:39 PM
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...
bill Offline
Freak of Nature
bill  Offline
Freak of Nature

A person doesn't know how to live like a Christian before they come to Christ and need not worry about how they will get it all right before they recognize their need for a savior. A person isn't required to have it all figured out before or immediately after accepting Christ. That's what scripture and the Holy Spirit are for.

Jwalker , I'm not trying to steal your attention so I'll let this be my last reply in this thread but adding ANYTHING to the Gospel is a very dangerous thing .

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard
Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4089166
02/23/24 02:41 PM
02/23/24 02:41 PM
Gee's Bend/At The Hog Pen
James Offline
Freak of Nature
James  Offline
Freak of Nature
Gee's Bend/At The Hog Pen
These discussions anger me

How many people am i willing to sacrifice for freedom?
Everyone. All of them...

Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: mathews prostaff] #4089167
02/23/24 02:43 PM
02/23/24 02:43 PM
B
BPI Offline
14 point
BPI  Offline
14 point
B
Originally Posted by mathews prostaff
thank u bpi and Kyle's for those heartfelt words. I do believe you have to repent to be saved maybe I didn't clarify myself. I think the doctrine of salvation or soteriology is some thing we should know so well that when a counterfeit comes along we can spot it a mile away. the problem with graham and the lordship salvation doctrine is they add the phrase "of your sins" and that phrase is nowhere in the Bible. if repentance means you have to stop sinning to be saved then that is a work you did. if repentance according to lordshippers means you stop sinning what sin did God commit when He said in gen 6:7 that it repenteth Him that He made man. I do not call it the catholic church I call it catholicism because it is not church but a continuation of the religion of Cain that revelation calls mystery babylon.they are all works based. Jesus said blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. we come to God broken knowing we have nothing to offer Him.bleseed are they that mourn for they shall be comforted. Paul called that Godly sorrow. blessed are the meek. we humble ourselves before God like the tax collector who beat his chest and said have mercy on me God a sinner. thank You Jesus for doing for me what I could not do for myself

I think most of the confusion is the definition of the words "Repentance" and "Lordship".

Jesus Himself clearly connected repentance and forgiveness in Luke 24 vs 46-47 "He told them ' This is what is written. The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem" Yes, repentance and it's connection with forgiveness are in scripture. The issue that I see is with the definition of repentance. Both by those who preach "works" and those who refute "works" preaching It's synonymous with with faith, not separate from it. It's also something we continue in after conversion, confessing our sin to God and turning from it. We have already been washed clean but we are changing direction and humbling ourselves. This absolutely does not mean we are sinless, and it also does not mean we have to "fix ourselves" before coming to Him in faith. Repentance is not a work of man, but a work of God, and a change of heart and direction., and something that is necessary for conversion.

Concerning "Lordship", I agree that there are those who's pendulum swings so far that they miss it with this topic as well. But that pendulum swings both ways. When we come to Christ we absolutely make Him Lord of our lives. He is King, Boss, in charge, etc. NO ONE should have more authority than God in our lives, even when we don't live it out that way. Paul said in Romans 10 vs 9-11 "If you confess with your mouth ' Jesus is Lord' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, ' Anyone who believes in Him will never be put to shame"

Why would Paul say this ? If someone has such a vanilla faith that they cannot speak Jesus as Lord, then do they have faith ? And no, it's not a ritual, the sinners prayer, or a chant or mantra that is recited that saves. It's FAITH. But that faith will exalt Christ and put Him in His proper place. And this absolutely does not mean that we are perfect by making Jesus Lord. It just means we recognize and try to live as if He is. Because He is.

Also, Paul wrote in Philippians 2 vs. 10 -11 " that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.:"

Again, I think we are defining the terms differently. Is Lordship a pre-requisite to salvation ? I don't think it's possible to comprehend the Omniscient God we serve without the Holy Spirit. But should we bend the knee is submission during conversion ? Absolutely. It's call faith. Trusting Him above all other. Putting Him in His proper place, etc.

Billy didn't preach the doctrines of repentance and lordship in a legalistic and dogmatic way. at least that I've ever hear and I've listened to him a good bit.

But I will say this, claiming him as a false teacher is something folks should be careful about doing. And that applies to all who proclaim the Gospel. Because when we do that , we can become the very people we are talking about.

Last edited by BPI; 02/23/24 02:51 PM.
Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: bill] #4089178
02/23/24 03:16 PM
02/23/24 03:16 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Originally Posted by bill

A person doesn't know how to live like a Christian before they come to Christ and need not worry about how they will get it all right before they recognize their need for a savior. A person isn't required to have it all figured out before or immediately after accepting Christ. That's what scripture and the Holy Spirit are for.

Jwalker , I'm not trying to steal your attention so I'll let this be my last reply in this thread but adding ANYTHING to the Gospel is a very dangerous thing .

Pleaseshow me one thing ive added to the bible. Then show me where what you are saying is in the bible. And yes a perso does have some idea how to luve luke a christian when they get saved. They have christians living a christuan life right in front of them, they have Jesuss example, they have a bible full of instructions. I know you want so bad to be right, youre just not

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: James] #4089186
02/23/24 03:41 PM
02/23/24 03:41 PM
Lickskillet, AL
Irishguy Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Irishguy  Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Lickskillet, AL
Originally Posted by James
These discussions anger me

Can you point to where on the doll it has hurt you?

rofl

They anger me because they take up valuable space where we could be talking about goofy chit! grin

Last edited by Irishguy; 02/23/24 03:42 PM.
Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4089191
02/23/24 03:48 PM
02/23/24 03:48 PM
bill Offline
Freak of Nature
bill  Offline
Freak of Nature
[/quote]

Pleaseshow me one thing ive added to the bible. Then show me where what you are saying is in the bible. And yes a perso does have some idea how to luve luke a christian when they get saved. They have christians living a christuan life right in front of them, they have Jesuss example, they have a bible full of instructions. I know you want so bad to be right, youre just not
[/quote]

No thanks. I don't do well with sarcastic condescension without returning it 10 fold and I know you don't deal well with those who disagree with you. I've made 2 post in this thread and I'm not worried about being right. Scripture is clear on the Gospel and how to be saved and I'm not going to debate something that the Bible says is so simple even a child can understand it. Nothing more is required to be saved than to recognize our need for a savior, believe Christ lived a perfect life and was crucified and resurrected for the remission of our sins and that it is the only way to God. Anything more than that is legalism and possibly heresy.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard
Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: bill] #4089197
02/23/24 03:52 PM
02/23/24 03:52 PM
Guntersville, AL
IDOT Offline
I am Cornholio
IDOT  Offline
I am Cornholio
Guntersville, AL
No thanks. I don't do well with sarcastic condescension without returning it 10 fold

grin You coulda just said no I'm an asshole

Originally Posted by Patricia Heaton
If you’re a common sense person, you probably don’t feel you have a home in this world right now. If you’re a Christian, you know you were never meant to.

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4089200
02/23/24 03:58 PM
02/23/24 03:58 PM
dora alabama
M
mathews prostaff Offline
4 point
mathews prostaff  Offline
4 point
M
dora alabama
amen again bill

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: bill] #4089203
02/23/24 04:04 PM
02/23/24 04:04 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama

[/quote]

No thanks. I don't do well with sarcastic condescension without returning it 10 fold and I know you don't deal well with those who disagree with you. I've made 2 post in this thread and I'm not worried about being right. Scripture is clear on the Gospel and how to be saved and I'm not going to debate something that the Bible says is so simple even a child can understand it. Nothing more is required to be saved than to recognize our need for a savior, believe Christ lived a perfect life and was crucified and resurrected for the remission of our sins and that it is the only way to God. Anything more than that is legalism and possibly heresy. [/quote]

When Jesus told everyone he healed and saved, what did he say? "Go and sin no more". He certainly did not say "dont worry about how you live from here on out, ive got it covered.". So Bill, i reckon Jesus says your theory is wrong himself. What about working out your own salvation with fear and trembling? That sure sounds alot different than go on like your going, youll be fine.

Last edited by jwalker77; 02/23/24 04:04 PM.
Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4089204
02/23/24 04:08 PM
02/23/24 04:08 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
And i think its pretty amuzing you say quotes from tha bible are possible herresy. But you cant show me in the bible where it says you need not worry about how you live after your saved. Democrats call quots out of the constitution domestic terrorism, this sounds alot ike that logic.

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4089205
02/23/24 04:15 PM
02/23/24 04:15 PM
dora alabama
M
mathews prostaff Offline
4 point
mathews prostaff  Offline
4 point
M
dora alabama
bpi did you look up Billy's interview with Robert Shuler. what he said in that interview was complete herasy and taught universalism. he was very ecumenical with rome. does that not concern you? he also reccomended folks go to vincent Norman peals church who was a high level freemason and was the joel Osteen of his day. those things cause me to have great discernment to me concerning billy graham

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4089206
02/23/24 04:20 PM
02/23/24 04:20 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
How about "If you love me, youll keep my commandments" explain that one. Check out what God said was a "reasonable service". That one there sure dont sound like live how you want to, you have grace.

Last edited by jwalker77; 02/23/24 04:21 PM.
Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4089213
02/23/24 04:43 PM
02/23/24 04:43 PM
Mobile, AL
P
Pwyse Offline
10 point
Pwyse  Offline
10 point
P
Mobile, AL
How do we keep his commandments?

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: kyles] #4089216
02/23/24 04:51 PM
02/23/24 04:51 PM
kyles
K
kyles Offline OP
8 point
kyles  Offline OP
8 point
K
kyles
We was doing good and yall started aurguing. Group hug right now We was going down 75 yesterday and there was a Big bill board with the verse about every knee shall bow and every tongue shalll confess. Right under it said even democrats I thought that was funny.

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: Pwyse] #4089219
02/23/24 04:57 PM
02/23/24 04:57 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama

He looks at our hearts. It was already proven way before that scripture was written that no one could do it. But a saved person should give their life to God. That means submit to him. That means we surrender our free will and live according to the spirit, not the flesh. Wont ever be perfect, some wont be too good at it at all. But our heart should be pointing us to God, it should be our hearts desire to please God. Theres all kinds of scripture to prove all this, and you dont have to leave any scripture out to believe it. Nothing has to be twisted or taken out of context to make it work. And i understand grace completely. My life has been a picture of it.

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: jwalker77] #4089220
02/23/24 05:04 PM
02/23/24 05:04 PM
Mobile, AL
P
Pwyse Offline
10 point
Pwyse  Offline
10 point
P
Mobile, AL

He looks at our hearts. It was already proven way before that scripture was written that no one could do it. But a saved person should give their life to God. That means submit to him. That means we surrender our free will and live according to the spirit, not the flesh. Wont ever be perfect, some wont be too good at it at all. But our heart should be pointing us to God, it should be our hearts desire to please God. Theres all kinds of scripture to prove all this, and you dont have to leave any scripture out to believe it. Nothing has to be twisted or taken out of context to make it work. And i understand grace completely. My life has been a picture of it.

It seems that you do understand God’s Grace. That’s why I can’t figure out why you disagree with what Bill said. He wasn’t saying live like you want after salvation. He was saying the sanctification part comes after salvation. Learning how to not sin. Learning how to be led by the spirit. Learning how to be full of the spirit. Learning to live in God’s grace when we do sin, and not in shame and regret. All that comes after salvation. I think you are saying that our heart is in the right spot and we don’t want to sin but we don’t know how to not sin? I really think yall are saying the same thing, just wording it differently

Re: If Bible discussions anger you skip right over [Re: mathews prostaff] #4089227
02/23/24 05:23 PM
02/23/24 05:23 PM
B
BPI Offline
14 point
BPI  Offline
14 point
B
Originally Posted by mathews prostaff
bpi did you look up Billy's interview with Robert Shuler. what he said in that interview was complete herasy and taught universalism. he was very ecumenical with rome. does that not concern you? he also reccomended folks go to vincent Norman peals church who was a high level freemason and was the joel Osteen of his day. those things cause me to have great discernment to me concerning billy graham

I've seen it. But not in it's entirety. Just the clip that caused some concern. And if that's the context he meant it in, it is concerning. In regards to the hundreds, if not thousands of crusades he's done, I've heard nothing out of line.

What concerns me here more than even the topics we are discussing is how everyone gets so angry about these things ? We are only talking it out. As I've said before, I don't want to sound dogmatic or legalistic. I thank you for having an understanding tone and being reasonable. We should all do the same.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.