</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Marucci cat x connect bbcor 32/29 school bat
by toyota05. 04/29/24 11:40 AM
Decorative Duck Decoys, collectables
by Rem870s2. 04/29/24 11:31 AM
Saltwater fishing gear
by Rem870s2. 04/29/24 11:08 AM
Mission SUB 1 XR Trade or Sale
by AL18. 04/28/24 10:36 AM
ISO gas golf cart
by Paint Rock 00. 04/27/24 06:55 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Velvet
by James. 04/29/24 08:31 AM
Forever wild gun regs.
by N2TRKYS. 04/28/24 01:25 PM
Kansas draw
by Hunter454. 04/27/24 06:05 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by Squeaky. 04/26/24 12:07 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Who's Online Now
121 registered members (MCbama, The Big Cheese, CNC, Jtide, Driveby, JohnnyLoco, Fleahopmayor, AU338MAG, jdhunter2011, fillmore, TwentySeven, Ol’Tom, Tree Dweller, rutwad, Jweeks, 7PTSPREAD, abolt300, Rem870s2, goodman_hunter, salock, BCLC, EricS, JCL, TexasHuntress, SC53, chill, AL18, Ray_Coon, BrentsFX4, 3bailey3, Red Fox, UARandy3, bamaeyedoc, PanolaProductions, HBWALKER14, toyota05, crenshawco, graydw1, click-boom, fur_n_feathers, Alb, Fedex 1, hunter84, hallb, hoggin, cullbuck, turfarmer, Spec, Justice, AustinC, sj22, AUSKEETER, GomerPyle, Dekalb123, CeeHawk37, Showout, robinhedd, MAG, AJones, WPZJR, Andalusia, foldemup, Bustinbeards, Epalm88, Gary Harris, FreeStateHunter, lefthorn, scrape, mossyback, NWFJ, IDOT, PikeRoadHunter, Chancetribe, 4Tigers, TCG5, Whild_Bill, XVIII, Ruger7mag, buzzard, Zbrann, Lvlhdd, mauvilla, BentBarrel, ParrotHead89, jhardy, Chaser357, BBD23, Bread, Mansfield, Gut Pile 32, Buck-bomb, AUjerbear, Rip Wheeler, AU coonhunter, Uokman2014, Bows4evr, odocoileus, auwild, outdoorguy88, JRigs10, JA, Bushmaster, slippinlipjr, Big Game Hunter, marlin78, gatorbait154, WildRivers, Squadron77, canichols424, Stacey, cbs, 10 invisible), 1,361 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Livescope discussion [Re: ikillbux] #3831398
01/06/23 11:01 AM
01/06/23 11:01 AM
Sylacauga, AL
poorcountrypreacher Offline
Booner
poorcountrypreacher  Offline
Booner
Sylacauga, AL
Originally Posted by ikillbux
I'm so novice I couldn't really tell you if this is valid or not, but a few of the local sticks who are good enough to win tournaments with it, told me- "If you're not gonna get the better stuff, I'd tell you don't get it at all."

What they meant was this: Shopping online, I was gonna be able to get a 93SV and the old LVS32 for $1,700 total.
They persuaded me I would be so dissatisfied with the lower-end stuff that I'd feel like I had wasted that money.

Now, in total disclosure, I haven't been in a boat with the older transducer or a lower pixel graph, so I really don't know if their advice was hyperbole or not. But I spent a full day in the boat with a guy who has the LVS34 and the 8612xsv graph, and it was FAR beyond my expectations. I swear you could see the fish blink their eyes laugh That 8612 is 1920 x 1080 pixels. He gets a boat deal on all that stuff through Sylacauga Marine though, so it's easy for him rig out top of the line that way. I'm pretty proud of my setup though, my 106SV is 1280 x 800 pixels and I couldn't really tell a difference between his and mine. Seriously, I noticed the other day that I can literally see the pressure wave from a fish moving (picture slow motion video of a bullet). Crappie would turn sideways and you could see their fins and tell it was obviously crappie vs bass. I was throwing a 1/16 crappie jig, and could see it hit the water and go all the way to fish that were 40' deep.

So I'm wondering the if the less expensive LVS32 and 93SV are capable of that? If so, that would be a FINE purchase for anyone.

To answer your question, I would say no. The 93sv and lv32 is my setup. Of course, the 32 was all they had when I bought, so I was not trying to go cheap. I have not been with anyone who has a 34 and I don't know how much better it is, but I often struggle to find my lure on a longer cast. If I set the distance at 40' I can usually see it ok, but I often run at 100' when looking for fish. A half ounce spoon 75' away can be hard to see at times, and then at times it's easy. It sounds like the 34 is a significant upgrade.

I don't feel handicapped by the 9" screen because I fish sitting down and the screen is close to my eyes. I have fished with several others with 12" screens and didn't think it would make much difference in how I fish. If you have a bass boat and fish standing with the screen on the deck then I think you need the 12".

I just fish for the fun and don't have to worry about catching every possible fish, so I am content with the smaller screen. I got everything on sale and have around 2200 in it. You can find better deals than that now since they came out with the new model.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.
Re: Livescope discussion [Re: ikillbux] #3831415
01/06/23 11:23 AM
01/06/23 11:23 AM
Warrior Alabama
S
smallgame Offline
4 point
smallgame  Offline
4 point
S
Warrior Alabama
I just bought a 93sv and will be getting a lsv 34 soon I have not installed the 93 yet and would like to hear from anyone with this setup . If I need to upgrade I would like to while I can return the 93 I am new to all this Live View and side view imaging and would like to get it the first time THX in advance

Re: Livescope discussion [Re: poorcountrypreacher] #3831655
01/06/23 05:57 PM
01/06/23 05:57 PM
Crane Hill, Al
P
Physiksgeek Offline
spike
Physiksgeek  Offline
spike
P
Crane Hill, Al
Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted by Physiksgeek
I have the LVS32. Feel like my view/clarity can change with the sun, after a good rain and certainly in shallow water. I don't fidget with it anymore. I run it between 68-72'ish gain. As long as I can see my jig in close proximity to the fish.....I run with it.

Sounds like you have everything setup very well. I think it's normal to get a better picture in deeper water; at least mine does the same. I've also found that I get a much better picture in a clear lake like Harris or Martin than a place like Millers Ferry. There is probably a way to adjust it to make up for the difference, but I am still figuring it out. Seeing the fish isn't a problem, but finding my bait sometimes is, especially further from the boat. Mine is the 32 and everything I've read says that the 34 that you have is better, so maybe it won't be much of an issue for you.

The worst problem I have with it is that it's killing my neck and back to be looking down at that thing for so long. I ordered a Beatdown mount that will get it up to eye level and hopefully take care of that, but don't have it yet.

Last time I went bass fishing I decided to fish shallow and ignore the LS, but a couple of hours of not catching much and I was back to video fishing and caught a decent bunch. Good luck with it

If you are going to take the plunge.....the pain is real...lol..this is the best advice and mount for helping with that. Sitting in a seat its just a head turn. Bonus.....it rotates out of the way up front so running down the lake is safer.

You have one? I read about it on another forum, looked it up, and decided I had to have one. I've never actually seen one; is it stable in the up position? My boat only runs 30, and I'm wondering if I can leave it in the up position when using the outboard or if I gotta let it down each time.
I

I have the triple stack cause I wanted my head units side by side and not stacked. It is very solid. I have a routine so I don't leave it up when traveling most times unless I am not going very far. The main reason I got it was for the neck strain but would not have an issue of running with it up. The fact it rotates is what finally sold me on it since real estate is at a premium up front. Rotating it allows me to mount it where it is and still bring in the ulterra but more importantly it lets me tuck in behind the center console and still see when its a chilly 17 degrees in the morning. Otherwise....for safety reasons I would have to stand and that meant I would get to enjoy the full brunt of the the days weather.

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/dbV8eHYWeuxVrfcG7[/img]

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZXpsvwQFAhgRAXVv9[/img]

Last edited by Physiksgeek; 01/06/23 06:57 PM. Reason: photo issues

2004 Sea Pro SV1900CC
115HP Yamaha
Humminbird Helix 12 G3N
Humminbird Helix 10 G3N
Humminbird Helix 9 G3N
Garmin 1242 w/Livescope LVS32
Re: Livescope discussion [Re: Physiksgeek] #3831851
01/06/23 09:56 PM
01/06/23 09:56 PM
Sylacauga, AL
Booner
Booner
Sylacauga, AL
I have the LVS32. Feel like my view/clarity can change with the sun, after a good rain and certainly in shallow water. I don't fidget with it anymore. I run it between 68-72'ish gain. As long as I can see my jig in close proximity to the fish.....I run with it.

Sounds like you have everything setup very well. I think it's normal to get a better picture in deeper water; at least mine does the same. I've also found that I get a much better picture in a clear lake like Harris or Martin than a place like Millers Ferry. There is probably a way to adjust it to make up for the difference, but I am still figuring it out. Seeing the fish isn't a problem, but finding my bait sometimes is, especially further from the boat. Mine is the 32 and everything I've read says that the 34 that you have is better, so maybe it won't be much of an issue for you.

The worst problem I have with it is that it's killing my neck and back to be looking down at that thing for so long. I ordered a Beatdown mount that will get it up to eye level and hopefully take care of that, but don't have it yet.

Last time I went bass fishing I decided to fish shallow and ignore the LS, but a couple of hours of not catching much and I was back to video fishing and caught a decent bunch. Good luck with it

If you are going to take the plunge.....the pain is real...lol..this is the best advice and mount for helping with that. Sitting in a seat its just a head turn. Bonus.....it rotates out of the way up front so running down the lake is safer.

You have one? I read about it on another forum, looked it up, and decided I had to have one. I've never actually seen one; is it stable in the up position? My boat only runs 30, and I'm wondering if I can leave it in the up position when using the outboard or if I gotta let it down each time.
I

I have the triple stack cause I wanted my head units side by side and not stacked. It is very solid. I have a routine so I don't leave it up when traveling most times unless I am not going very far. The main reason I got it was for the neck strain but would not have an issue of running with it up. The fact it rotates is what finally sold me on it since real estate is at a premium up front. Rotating it allows me to mount it where it is and still bring in the ulterra but more importantly it lets me tuck in behind the center console and still see when its a chilly 17 degrees in the morning. Otherwise....for safety reasons I would have to stand and that meant I would get to enjoy the full brunt of the the days weather.

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/dbV8eHYWeuxVrfcG7[/img]

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZXpsvwQFAhgRAXVv9[/img]

Thanks for the pics and info, that's a really nice setup! I think I am going to like getting one on my boat.

Re: Livescope discussion [Re: ikillbux] #3831866
01/06/23 10:16 PM
01/06/23 10:16 PM
Pelham
Ben2 Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Ben2  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Pelham
Originally Posted by ikillbux
I'm so novice I couldn't really tell you if this is valid or not, but a few of the local sticks who are good enough to win tournaments with it, told me- "If you're not gonna get the better stuff, I'd tell you don't get it at all."

What they meant was this: Shopping online, I was gonna be able to get a 93SV and the old LVS32 for $1,700 total.
They persuaded me I would be so dissatisfied with the lower-end stuff that I'd feel like I had wasted that money.

Now, in total disclosure, I haven't been in a boat with the older transducer or a lower pixel graph, so I really don't know if their advice was hyperbole or not. But I spent a full day in the boat with a guy who has the LVS34 and the 8612xsv graph, and it was FAR beyond my expectations. I swear you could see the fish blink their eyes laugh That 8612 is 1920 x 1080 pixels. He gets a boat deal on all that stuff through Sylacauga Marine though, so it's easy for him rig out top of the line that way. I'm pretty proud of my setup though, my 106SV is 1280 x 800 pixels and I couldn't really tell a difference between his and mine. Seriously, I noticed the other day that I can literally see the pressure wave from a fish moving (picture slow motion video of a bullet). Crappie would turn sideways and you could see their fins and tell it was obviously crappie vs bass. I was throwing a 1/16 crappie jig, and could see it hit the water and go all the way to fish that were 40' deep.

So I'm wondering the if the less expensive LVS32 and 93SV are capable of that? If so, that would be a FINE purchase for anyone.

The old stuff is just as good as the new stuff if you adjust it correctly

Re: Livescope discussion [Re: ikillbux] #3832026
01/07/23 07:50 AM
01/07/23 07:50 AM
Marshall County
FurFlyin Offline
Freak of Nature
FurFlyin  Offline
Freak of Nature
Marshall County
PCP, I'm pretty sure my toggle switch is rated for 30A. I remember thinking that through when I installed it but thanks for the reminder, because it definitely could be an issue.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Re: Livescope discussion [Re: ikillbux] #3832757
01/08/23 09:08 AM
01/08/23 09:08 AM
Marshall County
FurFlyin Offline
Freak of Nature
FurFlyin  Offline
Freak of Nature
Marshall County
Update on my LS...

My son and I went yesterday and I played around with the settings on the unit. At one point in time, my screen was showing the bottom as a straight up and down, vertical line. I was ready to throw the whole thing in the water. I kept poking on the screen, looking at every setting and poked one that, I think the correct term is Offset Angle. I don't think that's supposed to have anything to do with the LS transducer. I think it would have to do with the trolling motor, if I had a Garmin trolling motor. Anyway, it was set on 45 degrees. I didn't set it on that. I changed that to default and as soon as I backed out of the settings menu, my LS started showing the bottom, horizontally like it should.

Do any of you more tech savvy LS owners have a clue why that would effect it?

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Re: Livescope discussion [Re: ikillbux] #3832951
01/08/23 02:46 PM
01/08/23 02:46 PM
Sylacauga, AL
Booner
Booner
Sylacauga, AL

I don't have a clue Fur, except to say that it is a computer and any computer is capable of doing weird stuff. My wife often hands me her phone with some problem that I don't understand, so I just reboot it and 99% of the time that fixes it. I have reset my LS to default and started over before, and I think that's a good approach when issues come up.

A LS actually works pretty well on default, and I would recommend that anyone with no experience just run it that way the first trip or 2. You can start experimenting with the settings once you see what it's capable of doing. Glad you got it going.

Re: Livescope discussion [Re: ikillbux] #3833135
01/08/23 06:45 PM
01/08/23 06:45 PM
Marshall County
FurFlyin Offline
Freak of Nature
FurFlyin  Offline
Freak of Nature
Marshall County
Thanks PCP. The funny thing is, I remembered Ben saying turn it off and back on. When I turned it off the first time, the bottom was showing at a 45 degree angle. When I turned it back on, the bottom was showing up, straight up and down. I wasn't happy. I told my son to just keep fishing and keep and eye out and not let us run into anything because I was going to "poke every button" on that thing. It's a touchscreen so it doesn't have many buttons, but you know what I mean. LOL I got lucky. The proof in the pudding will be, if it stays fixed.

Re: Livescope discussion [Re: ikillbux] #3835138
01/11/23 09:40 AM
01/11/23 09:40 AM
McCalla
Big AL 76 Offline
12 point
Big AL 76  Offline
12 point
McCalla
I'm late and slow at joining as well...I already have a uhd unit... but is the Ls32 set worth trying versus the 34? the 32 is on sale now for about $1000 vs $1600..

Re: Livescope discussion [Re: Big AL 76] #3835254
01/11/23 01:23 PM
01/11/23 01:23 PM
Warrior Alabama
S
smallgame Offline
4 point
smallgame  Offline
4 point
S
Warrior Alabama
Originally Posted by Big AL 76
I'm late and slow at joining as well...I already have a uhd unit... but is the Ls32 set worth trying versus the 34? the 32 is on sale now for about $1000 vs $1600..

I have been watching youtube videos with a side by side comparison and have decided the 34 is the way I am going I hate to spend that much but see no need to buy the 32 and then upgrade. Also we all know they already have the next better unit in development and we will need to upgrade in a few years LOL

Re: Livescope discussion [Re: smallgame] #3835281
01/11/23 02:13 PM
01/11/23 02:13 PM
McCalla
Big AL 76 Offline
12 point
Big AL 76  Offline
12 point
McCalla
[ Also we all know they already have the next better unit in development and we will need to upgrade in a few years LOL [/quot
Sad but true..

Re: Livescope discussion [Re: ikillbux] #3835289
01/11/23 02:32 PM
01/11/23 02:32 PM
McCalla
Big AL 76 Offline
12 point
Big AL 76  Offline
12 point
McCalla
Nevermind... just noticed I have the Echomap 93 and the LSV34 won't work with this unit...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.