</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Mission SUB 1 XR Trade or Sale
by AL18. 04/28/24 10:36 AM
ISO gas golf cart
by Paint Rock 00. 04/27/24 06:55 PM
Taylormade irons and Ping 3W
by BamaBoHunter. 04/27/24 12:40 PM
.22 LR ammo for sale
by Rem870s2. 04/27/24 10:05 AM
ISO .22 pistol.
by hippi. 04/27/24 06:07 AM
Serious Deer Talk
Velvet
by Mbrock. 04/28/24 09:16 PM
Forever wild gun regs.
by N2TRKYS. 04/28/24 01:25 PM
Kansas draw
by Hunter454. 04/27/24 06:05 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by Squeaky. 04/26/24 12:07 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Who's Online Now
8 registered members (jawbone, brassmagnet, crosstac2005, NWFJ, tucker07, Tree Dweller, 2 invisible), 770 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Re: ER physician here, any Covid questions fire away [Re: GmeHunter] #3478635
09/03/21 08:28 AM
09/03/21 08:28 AM
Birmingham, AL
W
Willyb Offline OP
Deer Farmer
Willyb  Offline OP
Deer Farmer
W
Birmingham, AL
Originally Posted by GmeHunter
Originally Posted by Willyb
I’m an ER physician in one of the larger hospitals in our state. I’ll keep my personal opinions to myself but would like to answer any questions that you all may have. Specifically any questions that you all may have regarding Covid and what my experience has been over the last year and a half especially recently over the last four weeks as far as what I have seen with Covid patients. Again feel free to ask a question and I’ll simply provide an answer without subjective material.

Thank you for posting. Here are my questions:

1) Have you or are you currently taking Hydroxychloroquine or Ivermectin as a prophylactic?
2) Does your hospital protocol allow you to treat patients with monoclonal antibodies, colchicine, anticoagulants, corticosteroids, Hydroxychloroquine or Ivermectin?
3) N-95 masks have exhale valves correct? So if you have COVID and wear one, you are still spreading SARS-CoV-2 correct? It really protects you from catching COVID. However, other masks do not prevent you from being infected by a virus the size of SARS-CoV-2, so how does wearing the same mask stop you from spreading it to others when aerosolized? What mask study can you cite showing that wearing masks prevent the spread of the virus?
4) Do you agree that wearing masks can cause harm from a buildup of CO2 and actually cause respiratory problems?
5) On a percentage basis, how many COVID patients do you or your Hospital prescribe Remdesivir?
6) What test are you using to detect that someone actually has COVID-19 since the FDA recalled the RT-PCR test, but allowed it to continue until Dec. 31, 2021? How do you know that it is a variant?
7) As a doctor who is seeing only the sickest people impacted by this disease on a daily basis, are you able to understand why people like me refuse to live our lives in fear over a disease that has death percentages like the link below on my signature?

The damage being done by woke, proactive doctors and healthcare officials lobbying elected officials to demand unconstitutional control over our lives is ridiculous. The arrogance of many doctor's combined with the blatant manipulation of statistics/propaganda has created a huge distrust with many people. Have you seen your peers have blatant disrespect to patients have not chosen to get the clot shot?

Again, thank you for taking time to read and respond. My questions come from built up frustration over this entire “pandemic” and seeking to learn your thoughts as a front line doc.

1) no I am not
2) our hospital does not have a protocol that restricts how we do or do not treat Covid patients
3) respirator masks have exhale valves, fit tested n95 masks do not
4) frequent or prolonged mask wearing can cause some mild transient co2 narcosis causing headache/dizziness
5) I don’t work on the inpatient side but my understanding is remdesivir is used very frequently. However it is most effective earluer in the disease course rather than later once patients are sick enough to be hospitalized
6) Sars Cov-2 PCR
7) I understand everyone has a different perspectives with this

Wish it was hunting season.....year round
Re: ER physician here, any Covid questions fire away [Re: Willyb] #3478643
09/03/21 08:31 AM
09/03/21 08:31 AM
HSV AL
jmudler Offline
Freak of Nature
jmudler  Offline
Freak of Nature
HSV AL
[ The vaccines do not “prevent” you from contracting Covid. They do however on average greatly reduce the severity of your illness and subsequent risk of hospitalization and death.

I have a close friend who is a ER doc and I would trust with my and my sons life. He said the exact same thing to me and admitted this is not the "establishments" supported message. WillyB appreciate your efforts.

Last edited by jmudler; 09/03/21 08:31 AM.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Re: ER physician here, any Covid questions fire away [Re: Spottedbass] #3478644
09/03/21 08:32 AM
Birmingham, AL
W
Willyb Offline OP
Deer Farmer
Willyb  Offline OP
Deer Farmer
W
Birmingham, AL
Originally Posted by Spottedbass
In your opinion, why has there been such a huge emphasis on people getting the vaccine from the healthcare industry? Why has there not an emphasis on people being generally healthy (aka being active, eating healthy foods, getting outside ) and do you think this makes a difference in people’s outcome with the virus?

1) the healthcare system now, hospitals, nursing staff, ancillary staff, are legitimately signicantly strained right now. The vaccines reduce the risk or severe disease and thus hospitalization
2) eating a healthy low glycemic diet, regular exercise and time outdoors are absolutely good for you and also help while actively infected with the virus

Re: ER physician here, any Covid questions fire away [Re: 700ltr308] #3478646
Birmingham, AL
W
Willyb Offline OP
Deer Farmer
Willyb  Offline OP
Deer Farmer
W
Birmingham, AL
Originally Posted by 700ltr308
Of the unvaccinated in the hospital how many have had the chyna flu before?

I don’t know those numbers

Re: ER physician here, any Covid questions fire away [Re: Willyb] #3478649
09/03/21 08:38 AM
Chelsea
L
Lockjaw Offline
14 point
Lockjaw  Offline
14 point
L
Chelsea
My neurologist says she is seeing some severe neuropothy as a result of taking the vaccines in otherwise fit and healthy people. Any comment on that?

Re: ER physician here, any Covid questions fire away [Re: Willyb] #3478651
Pcola,FL
P
pcoladoc Offline
4 point
pcoladoc  Offline
4 point
P
Pcola,FL
WillyB - just had an 8 yo -4wks s/p mild Covid infection present to the ER with gastroenteritis symptoms and persistent fever. ER doc luckily looked further and the girl is currently in the ICU with MIS-C. She looks to be improving with IVIG and dexamethasone. Have you guys seen MIS-C or MIS-A ? Also, I too just started Rx'ing Ivermectin on a limited basis and thus far I'm not convinced it changes anything as two of my limited pts have ended up in the hospital on Bi-pap despite early intervention.
BE careful recommending the vaccine on here or you will be labeled as an elitist, pinkie, commie. We are all just part of the problem and all a part of some grand conspiracy scheme to accomplish something - just not clear what the end game supposedly is for this scheme.

Re: ER physician here, any Covid questions fire away [Re: fingers] #3478653
Pine Hill, Al
T
Todd1700 Offline
12 point
Todd1700  Offline
12 point
T
Pine Hill, Al
Originally Posted by fingers
The long wait time in the ER is nothing knew and is NOT caused by Covid. I have been a Firefighter/Paramedic in the Birmingham area since 1993. I have had the not so great pleasure of being assigned to rescue/transport unit most of those years. I waited on the wall for three and a half hours at the old UAB with a cancer pt. puking her guts out and that was around 15 yrs. ago. It only got worse and spread to all the other Birmingham area hospitals. It got to where every hospital was on every kind of diversion and would discourage you from bringing them another pt., even though legally that can't refuse a pt. It is not the hospitals fault completely. For some reason I cannot explain, people started using the ER instead of their regular doctor I guess so they could be treated sooner. It got so bad that about 5 years ago I told the city I work for they could keep that little 5% premium rescue truck pay and I rolled to an engine company. It got to where you spent more time on the phone calling every single hospital to see who was not on divert. The free standing ER thing helped a little but even now those will get full quickly. These wait times have been going on for years.

ER's have always been crowded especially in big cities. But I disagree that it isn't worse. What covid has done is fill the ICU beds to overflow level. So in addition to all the stuff that used to come into an ER you now have ER nurses carring for patients, sometimes for days, that normally would have been transfered to an ICU bed. I have been a RN for 25 years. I work at a small rural hospital. We can intubate a patient and put them on a portable ventilator here but we have no ICU. Hospitals in the Clarke, Wilcox and Monroe areas need to be able to transfer such patients to a larger hospital. I have never seen anything like the current situation with getting a bed, especially an ICU bed, for a patient transfer. Hospitals in my area are routinely contacting as many as 22 hospitals to find a bed. And very often shipping critical patients to other states.

Imagine for a minute the following situation based on a real case. A member of your family comes into a ER at a small hospital and is found to have a dissecting aortic aneurysm that needs immediate surgery because if it ruptures they will be dead almost instantly. It's flooding rain so no helicopters will fly. And the closest hospital that will accept them is 6 and half hours away by ground ambulance in another state. Knowing they could die any minute of that long ride.

It's scary times folks. Be care and try not to get seriously ill.

The best index to a person’s character is (a) how he treats people who can’t do him any good, and (b) how he treats people who can’t fight back.
- Abigail van Buren
Re: ER physician here, any Covid questions fire away [Re: tpageal] #3478655
09/03/21 08:41 AM
09/03/21 08:41 AM
Cape San Blas, Florida
D
Deadwood Offline
Footbsll Bat PSYOPS
Deadwood  Offline
Footbsll Bat PSYOPS
D
Cape San Blas, Florida
Originally Posted by tpageal
Originally Posted by Deadwood
Originally Posted by tpageal
If a deer has covid, can it be transmitted to humans?

Unlikely in his E.R., I’ll wager.

His handle says Deer Farmer, that’s what I asked.

A big ‘ol DUHHH on me, tpageal.🤡

I’m not nearly as clever as I think I am. I accept the rebuke with thanks!😀

Re: ER physician here, any Covid questions fire away [Re: jbatey1] #3478658
09/03/21 08:42 AM
09/03/21 08:42 AM
Birmingham, AL
W
Willyb Offline OP
Deer Farmer
Willyb  Offline OP
Deer Farmer
W
Birmingham, AL
Originally Posted by jbatey1

“There are long waits in our ER, our ICUs are full. ICU units that are designed for one patient have two patients in them, that’s because of COVID. If you come to us and need an ICU room today, and you’re not COVID, you’re going to wait because some people chose to not get vaccinated and they are sitting in our ICU taking up a bed. Our staff are exhausted mentally and physically. We are probably short 500 nurses right now to meet the demands,” said Samz. “There are long ER waits, there are slower EMS response times, ICU patients on regular nursing floors. The individual choices people are making not to get vaccinated are impacting everyone in our community.”

Do you look at un-vaccinated people in the ICU as "taking up a bed", like the Hunstville CEO does?

Hospitals have had over a year to pivot and adjust their processes, procedures and overall prepare and stay prepared for this ongoing pandemic. Why have most seemed to handle it in such a poor manner? Or in your opinion, have you seen hospitals handle it in a poor manner? Or Are they just "that" overwhelmed?

Do you believe Doctors and Nurses should be mandated into vaccinating to continue work in a hospital?

1) no I don’t agree with his chosen language however I believe 100% of our MICU beds are currently occupied by Covid patients on the ventilator currently, approximately 90-92% of whom are unvaccinated.
2) I’m not sure exactly what else hospitals could have done. The infrastructure is fixed and staffing shortages are real and are currently a limiting factor. Critical nurse numbers are not infinite, they too are a fixed number. Many nurses in hospitals nationwide have left inpatient medicine for outpatient offices or have left their hospital for a travel nursing assignment elsewhere that pays substantially more.
3) I don’t believe that mandating somebody to do something is the best approach

Re: ER physician here, any Covid questions fire away [Re: Willyb] #3478660
09/03/21 08:44 AM
B'ham
Goatkiller Offline
14 point
Goatkiller  Offline
14 point
B'ham
If you take "The Jab" and your penis falls off can you sew it back on?

Asking for a friend.

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.
Re: ER physician here, any Covid questions fire away [Re: globe] #3478661
Birmingham, AL
W
Willyb Offline OP
Deer Farmer
Willyb  Offline OP
Deer Farmer
W
Birmingham, AL
Originally Posted by globe
Why would the cdc be against giving ivermectin and hydroxy chloroquine if they are both dosed appropriately for the individual? I understand they are both safe drugs, and can’t see the harm in trying them in very ill patients even if it’s not “approved” for this particular illness. The vaccine was “experiment” so why not an experimental treatment?
It’s creating a lot of distrust and division.

I don’t have an answer for you. I do know some pharmacies were not able to fill the plaquenil prescriptions for patients with Lupus and other illnesses that needed it because their supplies were exhausted from people using it as prophylaxis for Covid

Re: ER physician here, any Covid questions fire away [Re: Willyb] #3478662
09/03/21 08:46 AM
09/03/21 08:46 AM
Andalusia, Alabama
R
rickyh_2 Offline
4 point
rickyh_2  Offline
4 point
R
Andalusia, Alabama
Willyb,

1) Why do we not hear Doctors recommending a full health check up, including Stress Test, Echocardiograms, full blood work up, chest X-rays and what ever test be done to check your immune system; especially if their patient is hesitant to get the vaccine? Seems instead of shaming a patient or ignoring them; the doctors would tell them if you don’t want the shot; let’s do all these tests.

2) also, do you think these vaccines should be mandatory for everyone, especially healthcare workers who have been diligently fighting this virus from the beginning without a vaccine; and some place with minimal PPE, especially since we know the vaccines do not stop the transmission of the virus.

3)Have you done any research on the Novavax vaccine and would it be a good alternative to the current mRNA type and the J$J?

Thank you

Re: ER physician here, any Covid questions fire away [Re: pcoladoc] #3478663
09/03/21 08:47 AM
Scottsboro, Al
J
jbatey1 Offline
Lucky Bastage
jbatey1  Offline
Lucky Bastage
J
Scottsboro, Al
Originally Posted by pcoladoc
WillyB - just had an 8 yo -4wks s/p mild Covid infection present to the ER with gastroenteritis symptoms and persistent fever. ER doc luckily looked further and the girl is currently in the ICU with MIS-C. She looks to be improving with IVIG and dexamethasone. Have you guys seen MIS-C or MIS-A ? Also, I too just started Rx'ing Ivermectin on a limited basis and thus far I'm not convinced it changes anything as two of my limited pts have ended up in the hospital on Bi-pap despite early intervention.
BE careful recommending the vaccine on here or you will be labeled as an elitist, pinkie, commie. We are all just part of the problem and all a part of some grand conspiracy scheme to accomplish something - just not clear what the end game supposedly is for this scheme.

This isn't the thread to act the way you are towards the end of your post. Everyone is doing good with asking legitimate questions and being respectful to this man for giving us his time. Of the posts I've read on this thread there only seem to be 2 people that have been negative toward the purpose of this thread, for some reason those 2 people are also doctors.

Thanks for your time Willyb.

*edit to add: everyone WAS doing good... until the penis falling off posts started showing up. To hell with anything I said above, all of you doctors are elitist commie pinkie blah blah blahs crazy grin

Last edited by jbatey1; 09/03/21 08:51 AM.

The fool tells me his reasons; the wise man persuades me with my own.
Re: ER physician here, any Covid questions fire away [Re: Atoler] #3478664
Birmingham, AL
W
Willyb Offline OP
Deer Farmer
Willyb  Offline OP
Deer Farmer
W
Birmingham, AL
Originally Posted by Atoler

I’m not aware of an eligible group that I would recommend against them getting it.

Help me to understand why you would recommend I get the vaccine?

I'm 30 years old, healthy, no pre-existing conditions, strong immune system (the last time I can recall being sick enough to miss work or school was 20 years ago)

Statistically you likely would be fine if you got the virus however I’ve seen a handful of healthy 20-35 yo patients require Hospitalization in the last 4-5 weeks

Re: ER physician here, any Covid questions fire away [Re: Willyb] #3478665
09/03/21 08:48 AM
B
BPI Offline
14 point
BPI  Offline
14 point
B

“There are long waits in our ER, our ICUs are full. ICU units that are designed for one patient have two patients in them, that’s because of COVID. If you come to us and need an ICU room today, and you’re not COVID, you’re going to wait because some people chose to not get vaccinated and they are sitting in our ICU taking up a bed. Our staff are exhausted mentally and physically. We are probably short 500 nurses right now to meet the demands,” said Samz. “There are long ER waits, there are slower EMS response times, ICU patients on regular nursing floors. The individual choices people are making not to get vaccinated are impacting everyone in our community.”

Do you look at un-vaccinated people in the ICU as "taking up a bed", like the Hunstville CEO does?

Hospitals have had over a year to pivot and adjust their processes, procedures and overall prepare and stay prepared for this ongoing pandemic. Why have most seemed to handle it in such a poor manner? Or in your opinion, have you seen hospitals handle it in a poor manner? Or Are they just "that" overwhelmed?

Do you believe Doctors and Nurses should be mandated into vaccinating to continue work in a hospital?

1) no I don’t agree with his chosen language however I believe 100% of our MICU beds are currently occupied by Covid patients on the ventilator currently, approximately 90-92% of whom are unvaccinated.
2) I’m not sure exactly what else hospitals could have done. The infrastructure is fixed and staffing shortages are real and are currently a limiting factor. Critical nurse numbers are not infinite, they too are a fixed number. Many nurses in hospitals nationwide have left inpatient medicine for outpatient offices or have left their hospital for a travel nursing assignment elsewhere that pays substantially more.
3) I don’t believe that mandating somebody to do something is the best approach

This is the elephant in the room that too many people just chalk up to some goofy conspiracy theory. It won't be long before they claim you're a spy or that you are in on the scam. I'm serious.

Re: ER physician here, any Covid questions fire away [Re: HDS64] #3478666
Birmingham, AL
W
Willyb Offline OP
Deer Farmer
Willyb  Offline OP
Deer Farmer
W
Birmingham, AL
Originally Posted by HDS64
Originally Posted by Ryano
Do you prescribe Ivermectin? Do you know of any in NA that will? There is a video posted here that I recommend if you haven't seen it. It is convincing of its ability to prevent covid which lines up with the few cases I know of personally but then again I have not took it and thankfully have not knowingly been positive yet.

I have prescribed ivermectin to a few patients. I’ve watched some of the videos you may be referring to.

And did you see good results from the Ivermectin? Or was it a flop?

I really don’t see people in follow up from the ER so can’t speak to that

Re: ER physician here, any Covid questions fire away [Re: jbatey1] #3478670
09/03/21 08:50 AM
09/03/21 08:50 AM
HSV AL
jmudler Offline
Freak of Nature
jmudler  Offline
Freak of Nature
HSV AL

This isn't the thread to act the way you are towards the end of your post. Everyone is doing good with asking legitimate questions and being respectful to this man for giving us his time. Of the posts I've read on this thread there only seem to be 2 people that have been negative toward the purpose of this thread, for some reason those 2 people are also doctors.

Thanks for your time Willyb.

[Linked Image]

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Re: ER physician here, any Covid questions fire away [Re: lefthorn] #3478672
09/03/21 08:51 AM
09/03/21 08:51 AM
Birmingham, AL
W
Willyb Offline OP
Deer Farmer
Willyb  Offline OP
Deer Farmer
W
Birmingham, AL
Originally Posted by lefthorn
WilyB

Do you ever see this going away completely or think it will be a yearly thing like the flu?

Also, do you think the vax may be contributing to the variance kind of like what has happened with MRSA ? By this I mean somehow virus survives in a vaxed person and that led to a variance where vax is not as effective?

I anticipate it’ll always be around in some shape form or fashion. Once their is enough herd immunity either from passive immunity from vaccines or active immunity from disease itself it’ll slow down dramatically. The combination of the vaccine with active immunity from having had the virus gives the highest antibody titers though on average.

Re: ER physician here, any Covid questions fire away [Re: pcoladoc] #3478673
09/03/21 08:52 AM
Chelsea, AL
S
Spottedbass Offline
6 point
Spottedbass  Offline
6 point
S
Chelsea, AL

I don’t have an issue with people recommending the vaccine, however where I have an issue is that the healthcare system, government, and employers are pushing the vaccine so hard, however they neglect to push people to live a healthy lifestyle…which has far greater benefits than this vaccine does. So why is it that a vaccine that was developed far too quickly, with complete immunity in court, being pushed on people vs living healthy??? That’s my issue.

Re: ER physician here, any Covid questions fire away [Re: Willyb] #3478674
just south of the Tennesse riv...
R
roadkill Offline
14 point
roadkill  Offline
14 point
R
just south of the Tennesse riv...
Thanks for stopping by. Really appreciate your time and insight.

Last edited by roadkill; 09/03/21 08:52 AM.
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.