</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Taylormade irons and Ping 3W
by BamaBoHunter. 04/27/24 12:40 PM
.22 LR ammo for sale
by Rem870s2. 04/27/24 10:05 AM
ISO .22 pistol.
by hippi. 04/27/24 06:07 AM
Cva wolf 50. Cal
by Bows4evr. 04/26/24 11:49 PM
WTB - Browning Maxus
by Okatuppa. 04/26/24 11:25 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Kansas draw
by cgardner. 04/26/24 07:15 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by Squeaky. 04/26/24 12:07 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Who's Online Now
73 registered members (bug54, bowkl, Woody1, Hotrod20, GUT_SHOT, JustHunt, BCLC, !shiloh!, RSF, 3006bullet, Ten37, Jdkprp70, mcninja, Beak_Buster, Jweeks, cdaddy14, Reaper, Whitetaillane, jawbone, CNC, Troutgreen, Pwyse, AHolcomb, Floorman1, JCL, Narrow Gap, scrubbuck, Livintohunt19, roll_tide_hunts, Okatuppa, Ridge Life, thayerp81, canine933, desertdog, Tree Hanger, Six shooter, JohnG, Mansfield, jarcher38, Turkey, crenshawco, AU7MM08, Detroitdan, BamaBoHunter, hallb, jacannon, leroycnbucks, Gobble4me757, Bustinbeards, Coosa1, alhawk, Big Al, top cat, Gary Harris, Camden86, Whild_Bill, Booner Hunter, Tall Dog, Forrestgump1, joe sixpack, Possum Hunter, SouthBamaSlayer, walt4dun, mossyback, centralala, woodduck, wareagul, jhardy, 5 invisible), 848 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: *CTA* NEW HUNTING REGULATIONS [Re: themeatartist] #3196052
08/20/20 04:33 PM
08/20/20 04:33 PM
FL
mw2015 Offline
10 point
mw2015  Offline
10 point
FL
No big deal. I will process my own. I have used 2 processors in AL (Brantley and Kinston) and both were overpriced and produced an average to below average product. Couldn’t even taste the smoke flavor that the woman in Brantley by the bridge charged me for and hardly any cheese. Heck she couldn’t properly steak out the portions. Absolutely shameful. For what they charge and giving an average product, I’ll bone it out and use FL processor or process myself to save money. It may be a pita to process your own, plus the wife yells at me for bloodying up the kitchen, but I control what goes into my jerky or biltong, sausage, burger, etc. I can portion butterflying my steaks and get my as I’ve and seasoning from LEM or Cabelas. My days of trusting processors in your state are over. Heck even my FL processor charges a flat $70 for up to 200 lb deer or hog and includes loose Italian or country sausage. Extra for casing, ,summer sausage or snack sticks but he doesn’t leave you wondering where the cheese is with his fresh sausage, summer sausage and snack sticks. rofl And I know it’s my deer. thumbup

Re: *CTA* NEW HUNTING REGULATIONS [Re: Squadron77] #3196072
08/20/20 04:57 PM
08/20/20 04:57 PM
Shorter, Macon County, Alabama
T
themeatartist Offline OP
spike
themeatartist  Offline OP
spike
T
Originally Posted by Squadron77
Shana, I understand your frustration with this but there are enough outlaws out there to cause grief for the honest hunters and processors. I also understand the state wanting better harvest #s for management. I would guess most processors are never as busy as you on your slowest day. You can setup a computer for the customers without the smartphone to Game Check their harvest when they get there. It would take 2-3 minutes with their hunting license or CID#. It's not convenient for you but at least you won't loose the business. Also your regular customers that are planning to bring their deer to you can email you the confirmation # when they Game Check their deer in the field and you can have their paperwork waiting when they get there. I hope I don't come off as not caring but it's just the businessman in me trying to work around problems.

I appreciate you! I am working on something like this. there are several customers though that still wouldn't know how to use the computer, lol. Point being (and I know you understand it) is that it forces me to either 1) Do the clerical and enforcement jobs of theirs or 2) lose clients or 3) risk violations. It is a poorly thought up system. A more proper way to handle it would be to print waterproof tags and issue those to each hunter...3 buck and unlimited doe tags per season. ADCNR says the tags are too expensive.

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. --John 15:5
Re: *CTA* NEW HUNTING REGULATIONS [Re: mw2015] #3196081
08/20/20 05:06 PM
08/20/20 05:06 PM
T
themeatartist Offline OP
spike
spike
T
Originally Posted by mw2015
No big deal. I will process my own. I have used 2 processors in AL (Brantley and Kinston) and both were overpriced and produced an average to below average product. Couldn’t even taste the smoke flavor that the woman in Brantley by the bridge charged me for and hardly any cheese. Heck she couldn’t properly steak out the portions. Absolutely shameful. For what they charge and giving an average product, I’ll bone it out and use FL processor or process myself to save money. It may be a pita to process your own, plus the wife yells at me for bloodying up the kitchen, but I control what goes into my jerky or biltong, sausage, burger, etc. I can portion butterflying my steaks and get my as I’ve and seasoning from LEM or Cabelas. My days of trusting processors in your state are over. Heck even my FL processor charges a flat $70 for up to 200 lb deer or hog and includes loose Italian or country sausage. Extra for casing, ,summer sausage or snack sticks but he doesn’t leave you wondering where the cheese is with his fresh sausage, summer sausage and snack sticks. rofl And I know it’s my deer. thumbup

All I can say is...You aint never tried my meat!! smile smile

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. --John 15:5
Re: *CTA* NEW HUNTING REGULATIONS [Re: Squadron77] #3196098
08/20/20 05:40 PM
08/20/20 05:40 PM
North Alabama
W
Wiley Coyote Offline
Freak of Nature
Wiley Coyote  Offline
Freak of Nature
W
North Alabama
Originally Posted by Squadron77
It is now whether you they want it to be or not.

Now I'm really confused.

I firmly believe that a double gallows should be constructed on the East Lawn of The White House. Politicians who willfully and shamelessly violate their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America should be swiftly tried and, upon conviction, publicly hanged at sunup the day after conviction. If multiple convicts are to be hanged they can choose with whom to share the gallows or names shall be drawn from the hangman's hat to be hanged 2 at a time.

NRA Life Member
Re: *CTA* NEW HUNTING REGULATIONS [Re: eclipse829] #3196104
08/20/20 05:45 PM
08/20/20 05:45 PM
Dale County, AL
G
Groundhawg Offline
10 point
Groundhawg  Offline
10 point
G
Dale County, AL
Originally Posted by eclipse829
Originally Posted by Groundhawg
Easy Peasy. Game check it and write the # on the form.

Just how will you get the game check number?

From the app. It's not difficult. I've checked 13 I think since they started game check and have not had a single hiccup. Even when I didn't have signal, I still entered the deer and on my way to the processor, I got signal and it went through and I received confirmation.

Again --- Sure sounds easy but since they are doing away with the 1-800 number you will need a smart phone with app or carry a computer with you. Many folks do not have a phone that is able to receive the "game check number". How do you suggest they get the number?

Re: *CTA* NEW HUNTING REGULATIONS [Re: Groundhawg] #3196118
08/20/20 05:57 PM
08/20/20 05:57 PM
T
themeatartist Offline OP
spike
spike
T
Easy Peasy. Game check it and write the # on the form.

Just how will you get the game check number?

From the app. It's not difficult. I've checked 13 I think since they started game check and have not had a single hiccup. Even when I didn't have signal, I still entered the deer and on my way to the processor, I got signal and it went through and I received confirmation.

Again --- Sure sounds easy but since they are doing away with the 1-800 number you will need a smart phone with app or carry a computer with you. Many folks do not have a phone that is able to receive the "game check number". How do you suggest they get the number?

THANK YOU!!

and, BTW...Dale county sure is kindaaaa close to mobile...Don't you want to attend a meeting Saturday morning and speak for us here?

Re: *CTA* NEW HUNTING REGULATIONS [Re: Skinny] #3196138
08/20/20 06:36 PM
08/20/20 06:36 PM
Jasper Al
E
eclipse829 Offline
10 point
eclipse829  Offline
10 point
E
Jasper Al
Originally Posted by Skinny
Processors are not Law Enforcement Officers and are not qualified to be Law Enforcement Officers. Its just that simple.

They shouldn't have to enforce it. Folks should have the # when they get there. I mean if your lucky enough to kill 3 bucks a year and say 5 does, you've got to come up with a way to make it work 8 times. Not a big deal. My 85 yr old mother has a smart phone and can shop, pay Bill's, surf the web and play on Facebook, isn't that hard.

Re: *CTA* NEW HUNTING REGULATIONS [Re: themeatartist] #3196141
08/20/20 06:39 PM
08/20/20 06:39 PM
Jasper Al
E
eclipse829 Offline
10 point
eclipse829  Offline
10 point
E
Jasper Al
What happens if you find a processor that will skirt this and take your deer? They then get a visit from Mr. Green Jean's and they do not have the proper documentation? What if they provide Mr. Green Jean's with your phone # and name, and he calls you and ask where's the confirmation #? What do you tell him?

Re: *CTA* NEW HUNTING REGULATIONS [Re: themeatartist] #3196144
08/20/20 06:49 PM
08/20/20 06:49 PM
Luverne, AL
Skinny Offline
GUVNER
Skinny  Offline
GUVNER
Luverne, AL
This entire thing just makes life harder on folks who want to hunt for fun and food. And it makes it harder on the processors and taxidermists with absolutely no benefit to the overall health of the deer herd. Its just more damn crap to deal with that makes the state some chicken scratch money and pisses people off.

Never Trust Government

"You can be broke but you cant be poor." Ruthie-May Webster
Re: *CTA* NEW HUNTING REGULATIONS [Re: themeatartist] #3196146
08/20/20 06:53 PM
08/20/20 06:53 PM
Dale County, AL
G
Groundhawg Offline
10 point
Groundhawg  Offline
10 point
G
Dale County, AL
[
Just how will you get the game check number?[/quote]

From the app. It's not difficult. I've checked 13 I think since they started game check and have not had a single hiccup. Even when I didn't have signal, I still entered the deer and on my way to the processor, I got signal and it went through and I received confirmation. [/quote]

Again --- Sure sounds easy but since they are doing away with the 1-800 number you will need a smart phone with app or carry a computer with you. Many folks do not have a phone that is able to receive the "game check number". How do you suggest they get the number?[/quote]
THANK YOU!!

and, BTW...Dale county sure is kindaaaa close to mobile...Don't you want to attend a meeting Saturday morning and speak for us here? [/quote]
200 hundred miles and over 4 hours, no thanks. Any way have Aunt's funeral on Saturday. You know of any meetings in SE Alabama?

Re: *CTA* NEW HUNTING REGULATIONS [Re: themeatartist] #3196164
08/20/20 07:15 PM
08/20/20 07:15 PM
North Alabama
W
Wiley Coyote Offline
Freak of Nature
Wiley Coyote  Offline
Freak of Nature
W
North Alabama
I know none of us like change. That's human nature. And putting ANY responsibility on the processor is just flat out wrong. That being said, we've been doing this in TN for a good long time now. No confirmation#? Processor won't take the deer. And I don't know of any processors that have a kiosk for the hunters.

I firmly believe that a double gallows should be constructed on the East Lawn of The White House. Politicians who willfully and shamelessly violate their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America should be swiftly tried and, upon conviction, publicly hanged at sunup the day after conviction. If multiple convicts are to be hanged they can choose with whom to share the gallows or names shall be drawn from the hangman's hat to be hanged 2 at a time.

NRA Life Member
Re: *CTA* NEW HUNTING REGULATIONS [Re: eclipse829] #3196210
08/20/20 08:02 PM
08/20/20 08:02 PM
T
themeatartist Offline OP
spike
spike
T
Processors are not Law Enforcement Officers and are not qualified to be Law Enforcement Officers. Its just that simple.

They shouldn't have to enforce it. Folks should have the # when they get there. I mean if your lucky enough to kill 3 bucks a year and say 5 does, you've got to come up with a way to make it work 8 times. Not a big deal. My 85 yr old mother has a smart phone and can shop, pay Bill's, surf the web and play on Facebook, isn't that hard.

You are blessed that your 85 year old mother is so keen!! What was her career? My 65 year old father uses siri to text, no clue about a www. He was a truck driver for 45 years. i was raised poor but never went hungry, So I am humble enough to help them!!!! This area is blessed with skills, $$ not so much. I'm good with that, but this isn't fair to them, they don't do technology and can't preserve a carcass. I'm sure you can see this.

Re: *CTA* NEW HUNTING REGULATIONS [Re: eclipse829] #3196213
08/20/20 08:03 PM
08/20/20 08:03 PM
T
themeatartist Offline OP
spike
spike
T
What happens if you find a processor that will skirt this and take your deer? They then get a visit from Mr. Green Jean's and they do not have the proper documentation? What if they provide Mr. Green Jean's with your phone # and name, and he calls you and ask where's the confirmation #? What do you tell him?

This can't happen. JS.

Re: *CTA* NEW HUNTING REGULATIONS [Re: themeatartist] #3196219
08/20/20 08:07 PM
08/20/20 08:07 PM
T
themeatartist Offline OP
spike
spike
T

From the app. It's not difficult. I've checked 13 I think since they started game check and have not had a single hiccup. Even when I didn't have signal, I still entered the deer and on my way to the processor, I got signal and it went through and I received confirmation. [/quote]

Again --- Sure sounds easy but since they are doing away with the 1-800 number you will need a smart phone with app or carry a computer with you. Many folks do not have a phone that is able to receive the "game check number". How do you suggest they get the number?[/quote]
THANK YOU!!

and, BTW...Dale county sure is kindaaaa close to mobile...Don't you want to attend a meeting Saturday morning and speak for us here? [/quote]
200 hundred miles and over 4 hours, no thanks. Any way have Aunt's funeral on Saturday. You know of any meetings in SE Alabama?[/quote]

I was just hoping for somebody to attend with our perspective, I can't. Sorry...

Re: *CTA* NEW HUNTING REGULATIONS [Re: themeatartist] #3196222
08/20/20 08:09 PM
08/20/20 08:09 PM
Jasper Al
E
eclipse829 Offline
10 point
eclipse829  Offline
10 point
E
Jasper Al
Originally Posted by themeatartist

This can't happen. JS.

What would prevent this from happening?

Re: *CTA* NEW HUNTING REGULATIONS [Re: Wiley Coyote] #3196227
08/20/20 08:11 PM
08/20/20 08:11 PM
T
themeatartist Offline OP
spike
spike
T
Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote
I know none of us like change. That's human nature. And putting ANY responsibility on the processor is just flat out wrong. That being said, we've been doing this in TN for a good long time now. No confirmation#? Processor won't take the deer. And I don't know of any processors that have a kiosk for the hunters.

They are putting the kiosks in cities of districts. So, you have to drive to the city from to use it and then drive back to the country where the processors are. And, yeah, all the responsibility is accounted for at the processor in this regulation. Not cool.

Re: *CTA* NEW HUNTING REGULATIONS [Re: themeatartist] #3196236
08/20/20 08:18 PM
08/20/20 08:18 PM
Jasper Al
E
eclipse829 Offline
10 point
eclipse829  Offline
10 point
E
Jasper Al

You are blessed that your 85 year old mother is so keen!! What was her career? My 65 year old father uses siri to text, no clue about a www. He was a truck driver for 45 years. i was raised poor but never went hungry, So I am humble enough to help them!!!! This area is blessed with skills, $$ not so much. I'm good with that, but this isn't fair to them, they don't do technology and can't preserve a carcass. I'm sure you can see this.

My mother was a homemaker and a florist for several years after everyone was out of the house. I spent quite a bit of time with her helping her learn the workings of the phone. I still have to go close all of the open browsers because they bog down her speed.

I will say this. If I run into a seasoned hunter at the processor, I'll be glad to help them register their animal with my phone. There are a couple of seasoned gentlemen on adjoining property of mine that I help drag and load deer for. I'll gladly assist them as well.

Re: *CTA* NEW HUNTING REGULATIONS [Re: eclipse829] #3196247
08/20/20 08:27 PM
08/20/20 08:27 PM
T
themeatartist Offline OP
spike
spike
T

My mother was a homemaker and a florist for several years after everyone was out of the house. I spent quite a bit of time with her helping her learn the workings of the phone. I still have to go close all of the open browsers because they bog down her speed.

I will say this. If I run into a seasoned hunter at the processor, I'll be glad to help them register their animal with my phone. There are a couple of seasoned gentlemen on adjoining property of mine that I help drag and load deer for. I'll gladly assist them as well.

Humbled, yet again! Thank you. You are a rare blessing to your area. I do not have time to do this daily, keep up the great work!

Re: *CTA* NEW HUNTING REGULATIONS [Re: eclipse829] #3196263
08/20/20 08:36 PM
08/20/20 08:36 PM
Dale County, AL
G
Groundhawg Offline
10 point
Groundhawg  Offline
10 point
G
Dale County, AL

Well good for you and your Mom. Proud for you but many do not have that ability and they nor the processors should have the burden placed on them. Also many do not have the money to buy "smart" phone or pay the monthly cost. What we need is a better solution not finding out how great others are at checking in deer via their phone.

Last edited by Groundhawg; 08/20/20 08:41 PM.
Re: *CTA* NEW HUNTING REGULATIONS [Re: themeatartist] #3196286
08/20/20 08:53 PM
08/20/20 08:53 PM
Pelham Al
T
Tigger85 Offline
12 point
Tigger85  Offline
12 point
T
Pelham Al
Now for $15.00 dollars more than the corn feed license, you can buy the skip the game check number license that will allow you one skip per season. See how easy it is to fix this as its all about money anyway.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.