</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Iso box blade
by kntree. 04/25/24 11:31 PM
Leupold vx freedom
by twaldrop4. 04/25/24 09:50 PM
WTB/WTTF Browning MK3 DBM 308
by Sendero558. 04/25/24 07:29 PM
1999 Scout 162 with Yamaha 90 2 stroke
by billrv. 04/25/24 07:02 PM
Christensen Traverse 300 Win Mag
by BPI. 04/25/24 01:37 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Kansas draw
by kodiak06. 04/26/24 09:33 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
Tdogs mount
by TDog93. 04/21/24 08:10 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
Who's Online Now
100 registered members (Claims Rep., G/H, Whild_Bill, Squadron77, bigfoot15, tombo51, Fishduck, cartervj, 7mmMag, shootnmiss, WDE, outdoorguy88, RSF, pvillehunter, billrv, BPI, Overland, Big AL 76, Megatrondiablo, Fullthrottle, Mbrock, Ant67, KnightRyder, rblaker, quailman, Andalusia, Heath, AU7MM08, JCL, BCD, BD, hillmp, Forrestgump1, Atoler, ParrotHead89, Morris, Geno, desertdog, Aldecks1, doublefistful, Bowfish, DEDTRKY, Raven, Big Bore, coonhunterrn, Justice, Holcomb, ALPatriot15, William, mossyback, Crawfish, UA Hunter, M48scout, crenshawco, JDW25, Treelimb, odocoileus, jdhunter2011, Frogeye, ronfromramer, IDOT, GATA87, skymech, AHolcomb, CTMS, NWFJ, FX4, tmhrmh1, Emile, slanddeerhunter, treemydog, Powers, Gobble4me757, Joe4majors, bug54, JKlep, kodiak06, BamaFan64, Bread, Dubie, BGR, JohnG, BrentsFX4, T Bone, Cuz-Pat, BurningBright, NVM1031, twaldrop4, Cedar, Herdbull, JB71, Jweeks, Jmfire722, square, 6 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: George Floyd died from an overdose [Re: 2Tgunworks] #3184445
08/05/20 10:56 AM
08/05/20 10:56 AM
Your mom’s house
doekiller Offline
Freak of Nature
doekiller  Offline
Freak of Nature
Your mom’s house
Originally Posted by 2Tgunworks
. They could asked for a judge trial, and asked that it's a closed court. .

Talk about a bad legal take. Doesn't matter if it is a jury trial or a bench trial. courts are open to the public. The judge cannot close the courtroom to the public in an adult criminal prosecution in the United States. Both sides have a constitutional right to a pubic trial. Lawyering isn't going to keep this case from trial.

Re: George Floyd died from an overdose [Re: Beer Belly] #3184446
08/05/20 10:58 AM
08/05/20 10:58 AM
Your mom’s house
doekiller Offline
Freak of Nature
doekiller  Offline
Freak of Nature
Your mom’s house
The legal expertise on this site is awesome.

Re: George Floyd died from an overdose [Re: doekiller] #3184450
08/05/20 11:10 AM
08/05/20 11:10 AM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Originally Posted by doekiller

Since that is your profession, give us an opinion, given the evidence available, of what you think will and should happen.

Re: George Floyd died from an overdose [Re: jwalker77] #3184471
08/05/20 11:46 AM
08/05/20 11:46 AM
Your mom’s house
doekiller Offline
Freak of Nature
doekiller  Offline
Freak of Nature
Your mom’s house
Originally Posted by jwalker77

Since that is your profession, give us an opinion, given the evidence available, of what you think will and should happen.

Unlike most of you, I don't know all the evidence. (Yes, that was sarcastic).

My opinion is this, you cannot make assumptions about what the evidence is or will be from media reports and some videos. You cannot say what a court will or will not do or what a jury will or will not do from the media reports and a few videos. Thinking this case will go away because of the way you view the evidence is, I don't even know how to put it other than stupid. You are looking at it with your perspective of what you want the evidence to be, not what it is.

I will say this one thing and stand behind it. It doesn't matter what George Floyd did 10 minutes before, or 5 minutes before. What ever he did, it does not give the officer the right to do what he is accused of doing. It does not give the officer the right to kneel on his neck for 9 minutes when there was no struggle and no attempts be Floyd to resist. I'm not talking about what happened before. I'm talking about the 9 minutes he knelt on his neck with no resistance from Floyd. The question for a jury isn't did he have drugs in his system. It isn't did the drugs contribute to the death. It is, did the actions of the officer lead to his death. Would he be alive but for the actions of the officer. You can't answer that question and no one on this site can answer that question because we don't know and can't know all the evidence. Unless you have first hand access to the evidence and review all of it, you can never make a valid determination as to anyone's guilt or innocence.

Re: George Floyd died from an overdose [Re: doekiller] #3184475
08/05/20 11:56 AM
08/05/20 11:56 AM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama

My opinion is this, you cannot make assumptions about what the evidence is or will be from media reports and some videos. You cannot say what a court will or will not do or what a jury will or will not do from the media reports and a few videos. Thinking this case will go away because of the way you view the evidence is, I don't even know how to put it other than stupid. You are looking at it with your perspective of what you want the evidence to be, not what it is.

I will say this one thing and stand behind it. It doesn't matter what George Floyd did 10 minutes before, or 5 minutes before. What ever he did, it does not give the officer the right to do what he is accused of doing. It does not give the officer the right to kneel on his neck for 9 minutes when there was no struggle and no attempts be Floyd to resist. I'm not talking about what happened before. I'm talking about the 9 minutes he knelt on his neck with no resistance from Floyd. The question for a jury isn't did he have drugs in his system. It isn't did the drugs contribute to the death. It is, did the actions of the officer lead to his death. Would he be alive but for the actions of the officer. You can't answer that question and no one on this site can answer that question because we don't know and can't know all the evidence. Unless you have first hand access to the evidence and review all of it, you can never make a valid determination as to anyone's guilt or innocence.

Its called an opinion. And yes some are stupid. Still its an opinion. If you havent noticed about 90% of the content of this site is peoples opinions, all kinds of people with all kinds of opinions. We must like that pretty good because we keep logging on and reading those opinions and responding to them. If thats stupid, I guess we all are to some extent.

Re: George Floyd died from an overdose [Re: doekiller] #3184476
08/05/20 12:03 PM
08/05/20 12:03 PM
Pelham
Ben2 Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Ben2  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Pelham

I understand a lot pf what you have said but wouldnt what GF did in the minutes up to his death matter if they could have been the cause of his death if someone was accused of killing him?

Re: George Floyd died from an overdose [Re: Beer Belly] #3184478
08/05/20 12:08 PM
08/05/20 12:08 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Ben, what will matter more than what gf did or what the cops did will be the political views of the jurors and the judge. If they have their mind made up when they get there, you can trash the evidence

Re: George Floyd died from an overdose [Re: Beer Belly] #3184480
08/05/20 12:09 PM
08/05/20 12:09 PM
Banks of Little River
JohnnyLoco Offline
10 point
JohnnyLoco  Offline
10 point
Banks of Little River
I’ve been in a bunch a scraps for fun, for my life, for restraint of enemy combatants. When someone can explain to me why the cop’s hand is in his pocket with a boy dat size, we’ll have the answer to the whole thing. He is doing something and concealing it.

I’ve watched thousands of situations like this and the hand in the pocket is out of place

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 08/05/20 12:12 PM.
Re: George Floyd died from an overdose [Re: Ben2] #3184483
08/05/20 12:12 PM
08/05/20 12:12 PM
Your mom’s house
doekiller Offline
Freak of Nature
doekiller  Offline
Freak of Nature
Your mom’s house
Originally Posted by Ben2

I understand a lot pf what you have said but wouldnt what GF did in the minutes up to his death matter if they could have been the cause of his death if someone was accused of killing him?

IF they are the cause of death. IF. Not a contributing factor, but THE CAUSE. Then yes, it would matter just like it would in this case. But, it has to be THE CAUSE OF DEATH. In other words, he would have died no matter what happened. But, if his death was caused in part by the actions of the other party, then that other party is guilty of a crime.

Let me put it this way. If Floyd was running around crazy, kicking the police car, and screaming and was high, was handcuffed and the officer shot him. Would you think the officer wasn't guilty of a crime because of Floyd's actions?

Re: George Floyd died from an overdose [Re: Ben2] #3184487
08/05/20 12:15 PM
08/05/20 12:15 PM
Hoover
burbank Offline
Booner
burbank  Offline
Booner
Hoover
Originally Posted by Ben2

He (GF) would be alive if not for the actions of GF, period. Of course, that won’t matter.

Re: George Floyd died from an overdose [Re: jwalker77] #3184488
08/05/20 12:17 PM
08/05/20 12:17 PM
Your mom’s house
doekiller Offline
Freak of Nature
doekiller  Offline
Freak of Nature
Your mom’s house

Its called an opinion. And yes some are stupid. Still its an opinion. If you havent noticed about 90% of the content of this site is peoples opinions, all kinds of people with all kinds of opinions. We must like that pretty good because we keep logging on and reading those opinions and responding to them. If thats stupid, I guess we all are to some extent.

I agree and everyone has an opinion. I'm talking about comments like, Get a Judge Trial and ask for the case to be closed. Or, he was high so the officer isn't guilty. Those aren't opinions. Those are presented as fact and show a misunderstanding of the law. If I tried to give someone my opinion of how to rebuild a transmission and it was so patently wrong that anyone with any knowledge of the subject would know I didn't have a clue what I was talking about, they would say my "opinion" on how to do it was stupid ans wrong. It would be and they would be correct. But, when it comes to the law, peoples actual knowledge of the law doesn't matter, they are just giving their opinion.

Re: George Floyd died from an overdose [Re: FreeStateHunter] #3184489
08/05/20 12:21 PM
08/05/20 12:21 PM
the Flatwoods
F
Fldoghunter Offline
6 point
Fldoghunter  Offline
6 point
F
the Flatwoods
Originally Posted by FreeStateHunter
I fully support LEO's, usually past the point of making sense, but, after watching that video those particular officers did a few things that unnecessarily escalated things and could have avoided the whole situation.

1. The officer who immediately drew his weapon at the beginning of the stop. Right there put everyone involved on high alert. Not sure I saw anything deeming that necessary.

2. It's obvious from the very beginning that Floyd is terrified and not in his right mind (crying, states he just lost his mom, terrified of being shot by police). At this point before you pull him out of the car by yourself wait for back up to arrive and just try to calm everyone down.

3. Never heard the cause for the stop. Also why were the bystanders asked to show their ID? Why was he put into cuffs? Again I support LEOs to the "T" but you can't escalate a situation and terrify a suspect then arrest them for resisting because they aren't following your orders when they're under immense stress at the end of a gun. That's a government state none of us want to live under.

I agree with everyone else that not all the officers should be charged or even fired for that matter. The a$$hole who kept his knee on his neck should have been fired and charged with something. Not sure what because in my opinion there will never be a non-biased medical report. But you'll never convince me that if he did not place his knee on his neck at all that Floyd would not be alive today because I think he would.

It looked to me like he drew his weapon because Floyd wouldn't show him his right hand after repeatedly being told to.

As I understand it, the Police were called because he tried to pass a fake $20 bill at the store and was sitting in the car when the cops got there.

May the sound of hounds never die!
Re: George Floyd died from an overdose [Re: Beer Belly] #3184490
08/05/20 12:23 PM
08/05/20 12:23 PM
Gee's Bend/At The Hog Pen
James Offline
Freak of Nature
James  Offline
Freak of Nature
Gee's Bend/At The Hog Pen
Jeez not this chit show again

How many people am i willing to sacrifice for freedom?
Everyone. All of them...

Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!

Re: George Floyd died from an overdose [Re: burbank] #3184498
08/05/20 12:36 PM
08/05/20 12:36 PM
Your mom’s house
doekiller Offline
Freak of Nature
doekiller  Offline
Freak of Nature
Your mom’s house
Originally Posted by burbank

He (GF) would be alive if not for the actions of GF, period. Of course, that won’t matter.

Just like those girls who got drunk and wore short skirts. They got what was coming to them when the guy followed them from the bar and raped them, right? I mean the guy is innocent because they wouldn't have been raped if they would have been good girls. See how dumb that sounds.

Re: George Floyd died from an overdose [Re: GomerPyle] #3184501
08/05/20 12:52 PM
08/05/20 12:52 PM
Moody, AL
willdo22 Offline
10 point
willdo22  Offline
10 point
Moody, AL
Originally Posted by GomerPyle

You can't put toothpaste back in the tube.

A mans got to know his limitations.
Re: George Floyd died from an overdose [Re: Beer Belly] #3184503
08/05/20 01:09 PM
08/05/20 01:09 PM
Elmore county
GKelly Offline
10 point
GKelly  Offline
10 point
Elmore county
a lethal does of fentanyl has been reported to start somewhere around 7ng and is commonly found above 10ng he had 16.5 ng combined along with a possible lethal dose of Methamphetamine. dieing of an overdose in police custody does not equate to murder. shouldnt that be enough reasonable doubt to toss the case?
[Linked Image]

Last edited by GKelly; 08/05/20 01:13 PM.
Re: George Floyd died from an overdose [Re: Beer Belly] #3184506
08/05/20 01:24 PM
08/05/20 01:24 PM
Montgomery
WmHunter Offline
14 point
WmHunter  Offline
14 point
Montgomery
Did he have the Kung Flu on top of fentanyl, meth and weed?

And what is cotinine?

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

" Chuck Sykes is a dictator control freak like Vladimir Putin " WmHunter

Re: George Floyd died from an overdose [Re: WmHunter] #3184521
08/05/20 01:50 PM
08/05/20 01:50 PM
Mobile, AL
soalaturkeys Offline
10 point
soalaturkeys  Offline
10 point
Mobile, AL
Originally Posted by WmHunter
Did he have the Kung Flu on top of fentanyl, meth and weed?

And what is cotinine?

Cotinine is an alkyloid found in tobacco so he was either smoking or vaping. And my next question is...was he wearing prissy boots??

"For the Truth the Turkey is in Comparison a much more respectable Bird, and withal a true original Native of America" ~Benjamin Franklin

Isaiah 40:13-14

RAP is CRAP

NRA Life Member, GOA, BamaCarry Member
Re: George Floyd died from an overdose [Re: GomerPyle] #3184547
08/05/20 02:31 PM
08/05/20 02:31 PM
Montgomery
bamaeyedoc Offline
Old Mossy Horns
bamaeyedoc  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Montgomery
Originally Posted by GomerPyle

You can't put toothpaste back in the tube. Video could come out today of Floyd murdering someone in the street 5 minutes prior to his arrest, and it wouldn't change the narrative. I still believe the officer acted inappropriately but making Floyd some innocent martyr is just being intellectually dishonest.

Good point. But when did that ever matter to the libs and dems? They write the narrative and stick to it no matter what. Gotta tow the company line, ya know?

Dr. B

AKA: “Dr. B”
Aldeer #121
8-3-2000
Proud alum of AUM, UAB, and UA
Member of Team 10 Point
2023-2024 ALdeer Deer Contest Winners

Glennis Jerome "Jerry" Harris
1938-2017
UGA Class of 1960
BS/MS Forestry
LTJG, USNR

Re: George Floyd died from an overdose [Re: Wiley Coyote] #3184555
08/05/20 02:38 PM
08/05/20 02:38 PM
Falkville
MTeague Offline
14 point
MTeague  Offline
14 point
Falkville
Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote
I don't believe he's dead.

Are you serious Clark?

I had much rather be tried by twelve than carried to my grave by six!!!!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.