</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Iso box blade
by kntree. 04/25/24 11:31 PM
Leupold vx freedom
by twaldrop4. 04/25/24 09:50 PM
WTB/WTTF Browning MK3 DBM 308
by Sendero558. 04/25/24 07:29 PM
1999 Scout 162 with Yamaha 90 2 stroke
by billrv. 04/25/24 07:02 PM
Christensen Traverse 300 Win Mag
by BPI. 04/25/24 01:37 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Kansas draw
by 700ltr308. 04/26/24 07:11 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
Tdogs mount
by TDog93. 04/21/24 08:10 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
Who's Online Now
108 registered members (FX4, blumsden, Pinelevel Hunter, AJones, johnv, Fishbones, cdaddy14, Canoe Creek, hunter84, BamaGuitarDude, bamafarmer, doublefistful, Brian_C, Strictlybow, Fl Panhandler, Mbrock, alhawk, Todd1700, lectrode, Happysappy, Moose24, hallb, Alb, aubigmac, 3Gs, trlrdrdave, top cat, rickyh_2, TwoRs, mayberry51, bates2rw, desertdog, Bigem1958, FreeStateHunter, TCG5, Squadron77, billrv, BCLC, Weedpicker, cullbuck, k bush, ParrotHead89, jsubrett6, Gizmo76, MC21, ALDawg, globe, BigAl, !shiloh!, Semo, ALMODUX, Rainbowstew, m97, SCOOP, BPI, M48scout, CCC, SuperSpike, square, Driveby, Joe4majors, Shotts, Kelly_123, mauvilla, bug54, Booner Hunter, BC, IDOT, JA, Muzzy76, JB71, AHolcomb, paintrock, JDW25, georgiaboy1970, Thread Killer, AU7MM08, 007, Petey, MCW, treemydog, deadeye48, Chaser357, Ray_Coon, SwampHunter, AustinC, fur_n_feathers, Fish2Hunt, Bmyers142, UAhunter, Exhoosier, Turberville, QDMAV8R, Cynical, tnob, NotsoBright, CAL, NVM1031, 2walnuts, Remington270, XVIII, 7 invisible), 1,197 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Churches and Facemasks [Re: jb20] #3125273
05/17/20 08:15 PM
05/17/20 08:15 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Originally Posted by jb20
Originally Posted by jwalker77
Just remember somebody(your pastor, maybe deacons) is having to make decisions involving the safety of the whole congregation. Im sure they are doing the best they can. If they are wrong in their decision the results could be disastrous. They are going to err on the side of caution. Ive been going through some hard stuff on the inside concerning the church. Ive just tried to remember I am one person, one member and everybody just dont feel the way I do about this thing. Youre probably doing the right thing and im sure the Lord will let you know when to go back. We started having service inside again today. Some folks chose to continue sitting outside and listening on the radio. As far as the spiritual side of all this goes, I dont know why were having to go through all this but I am determined I will come out the other side of it with my relationship with God intact.

I get what your saying but that also goes along with the gov't line of thought...we cant let a person get infected thing

I get what youre saying too and ive wrestled with that too. Our govt regularly lies to us, manipulates us, and steals from us. I do not trust them one bit and I dont believe they have our best interests at heart ever. They are 100% out for themselves. I know the men personally who are making the decisions at our church. I know they love us, ive seen them wrestle with these decisions theyve had to make and I know 100% they have our best interests at heart. They have absolutely nothing to gain from the decisions they make. To me, that is the difference. That being said, I wont be wearing a mask. I was sure glad to be back in my seat at church today. I needed that. I am also very glad not to have to make the decision NWALJM is having to make.

Re: Churches and Facemasks [Re: NWALJM] #3125287
05/17/20 08:25 PM
05/17/20 08:25 PM
Walker county
Driveby Online content
Doing the best I can.
Driveby  Online Content
Doing the best I can.
Walker county
Originally Posted by NWALJM
So the church I attend has issued a statement to our congregation that they will be opening back up worship services on May 31st but will require worshipers to wear facemasks. Online services will continue for those that don’t feel safe attending. What about those of us who feel that the church has no Biblical authority to mandate that its members wear a mask? Personally, I and my family have made the decision that we will not be returning to church until hopefully our leadership sees that they have overstepped their boundaries, at least it seems they have to me. I can’t understand why I’m legally allowed to go out to eat, shop, etc without a mask but I can’t go to the Lord’s house without one? Guys, I’ve been a Christian for most all of my life, would consider myself a strong and faithful believer (though not nearly where I ought to be), but I’m really struggling with this. Are my convictions misplaced, how would any of you other brothers in Christ handle this? Anyone else attend a church that has required this? All the other churches around us and fellow baptist churches have only encouraged the use of masks if you felt comfortable with it.

There's a lot of things you can legally do that you couldn't or wouldn't do in church. Have any of those things kept you from going in the past?

The true mark of a man is not how he conducts himself during times of prosperity, but how he conducts himself during times of adversity.
Re: Churches and Facemasks [Re: NWALJM] #3125299
05/17/20 08:47 PM
05/17/20 08:47 PM
North al
M
Mjh97 Offline
8 point
Mjh97  Offline
8 point
M
North al
Sounds like the govenor of NJ about the beaches he said everybody looks to "behaving right now", what kind of crap is that? Iam sick of people making decisions on how we live life, and iam sick of people that say this" is the new normal", its not gonna be my normal, i went to that democratic crap hole otherwise known as birmingham 2 timss last week to work and didnt have a masknand wasnt gonna wear one and didnt look over my shoulder to see who was or was not looking,

Re: Churches and Facemasks [Re: NWALJM] #3125310
05/17/20 09:05 PM
05/17/20 09:05 PM
Cape San Blas, Florida
D
Deadwood Offline
Footbsll Bat PSYOPS
Deadwood  Offline
Footbsll Bat PSYOPS
D
Cape San Blas, Florida
I think that the Lord absolutely does protect his children. While the Lord does want us to trust him, I believe it’s on us to make wise choices. 2000 years ago, medical science was younger. We now have inroads and breakthroughs that are common knowledge, but you maybe could have been killed for believing back then.

Believe me, I’m not speaking down to anyone. I’m the least qualified one here. Pray on it, buddy. I was raised in Church of Christ, so I get it. Good folks, I might add.

Edit: There are a lot of issues that are not directly covered by scripture. So far as the face masks, one set of folks not on board nukes the whole idea for the rest. I have no idea what I would do in your spot.

Last edited by Deadwood; 05/17/20 09:11 PM.

Re: Churches and Facemasks [Re: NWALJM] #3125316
05/17/20 09:08 PM
05/17/20 09:08 PM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Offline
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Offline
Booner
M
Chilton County
All SBC churches are autonomous. The Pastor and Elders are trying to make decisions on behalf of keeping the congregants safe. There could also be some liability on behalf of the church, as an entity, if there can be proven irresponsibility by its leadership. I don't, necessarily, like the decision, but its in the hands of your leadeship.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton
Re: Churches and Facemasks [Re: NWALJM] #3125332
05/17/20 09:30 PM
05/17/20 09:30 PM
tuscaloosa
K
kkfish Offline
8 point
kkfish  Offline
8 point
K
tuscaloosa
The mask do nothing to stop anything. One that is air tight would but this stuff that’s going on now has gone way too far. If u have Heath problems then if it makes u feel better stay away from the public but anything that travels by way of air we breath can’t be stopped no matter what u hear or think. Distancing just prolongs the inevitable of any like the flu which is what this is. I personally don’t and don’t knock anyone who does so to ur situation maybe since there are elder folks in ur church I would assume. Just sit away from them if possible but like I said a flu like virus will find a way regardless of this mask stuff. Also there’s no laws on mask so all this wouldn’t stand up in courts of any kind. Some folks pushing this stuff gonna find themselves being sued over this stuff before it’s said and done. After November u will not hear much about this virus as well.

Re: Churches and Facemasks [Re: kkfish] #3125355
05/17/20 09:55 PM
05/17/20 09:55 PM
Dale County, AL
G
Groundhawg Offline
10 point
Groundhawg  Offline
10 point
G
Dale County, AL
Originally Posted by kkfish
The mask do nothing to stop anything. One that is air tight would but this stuff that’s going on now has gone way too far. If u have Heath problems then if it makes u feel better stay away from the public but anything that travels by way of air we breath can’t be stopped no matter what u hear or think. Distancing just prolongs the inevitable of any like the flu which is what this is. I personally don’t and don’t knock anyone who does so to ur situation maybe since there are elder folks in ur church I would assume. Just sit away from them if possible but like I said a flu like virus will find a way regardless of this mask stuff. Also there’s no laws on mask so all this wouldn’t stand up in courts of any kind. Some folks pushing this stuff gonna find themselves being sued over this stuff before it’s said and done. After November u will not hear much about this virus as well.

Hum..so the masks do nothing to stop anything. Guess that is why all the EMTs, doctors, nurses, and other health employees are wearing them.

Re: Churches and Facemasks [Re: NWALJM] #3125363
05/17/20 10:01 PM
05/17/20 10:01 PM
dothan
eskimo270 Offline
10 point
eskimo270  Offline
10 point
dothan
I wouldn’t worry about it yet. I might would tell my pastor that I probably won’t be attending because I won’t wear a mask but I wouldn’t cause a big fuss. There are some things that we need to take a stand on but for me, this would not be one.

Super Predator
Re: Churches and Facemasks [Re: NWALJM] #3125367
05/17/20 10:09 PM
05/17/20 10:09 PM
tuscaloosa
K
kkfish Offline
8 point
kkfish  Offline
8 point
K
tuscaloosa
That’s right they do wear them with gloves when a sterile environment is needed. Do u think these regular mask work with people fooling with them all day moving them up and down on their face. If u do then keep on thinking that.

Re: Churches and Facemasks [Re: bigt] #3125410
05/18/20 12:06 AM
05/18/20 12:06 AM
Satsuma
kodiak06 Offline
Booner
kodiak06  Offline
Booner
Satsuma
Originally Posted by bigt
Originally Posted by kodiak06
Well since someone else owns the church I would think they make the rules. Same thing at most peoples homes as businesses. If ya don't like the rules I'm sure other churches have different rules in your area (maybe)

The church building is owned by the “congregation “ not a person usually. I would make my position known to the pastor and deacons as a member of the congregation and go from there .

The point was HE don't own it lol. Either way, it's a choice to attend...

Re: Churches and Facemasks [Re: Groundhawg] #3125412
05/18/20 12:07 AM
05/18/20 12:07 AM
Satsuma
kodiak06 Offline
Booner
kodiak06  Offline
Booner
Satsuma
Originally Posted by Groundhawg

Hum..so the masks do nothing to stop anything. Guess that is why all the EMTs, doctors, nurses, and other health employees are wearing them.

LOL, I think its funny what people think a mask does and doesn't do...

Re: Churches and Facemasks [Re: Groundhawg] #3125414
05/18/20 12:27 AM
05/18/20 12:27 AM
Lee County
R
RCHRR Offline
14 point
RCHRR  Offline
14 point
R
Lee County

Wearing them because it's mandated just like having to take the flu vaccine. EMT's, Doctors and Nurses have caught Covid wearing mask. Go figure.

Last edited by RCHRR; 05/18/20 12:29 AM.
Re: Churches and Facemasks [Re: RCHRR] #3125415
05/18/20 12:35 AM
05/18/20 12:35 AM
Gee's Bend/At The Hog Pen
James Offline
Freak of Nature
James  Offline
Freak of Nature
Gee's Bend/At The Hog Pen
Originally Posted by RCHRR

Wearing them because it's mandated just like having to take the flu vaccine. EMT's, Doctors and Nurses have caught Covid wearing mask. Go figure.

Don't be coming in here with facts! 😀 But seriously I've worn nearly every disposable mask available, and I'd still have primer dust all up my damn nose mouth etc, so i stop wearing them years ago, but i still wear a respirator when a paint, cause it's hard to paint when you're high 🤪

How many people am i willing to sacrifice for freedom?
Everyone. All of them...

Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!

Re: Churches and Facemasks [Re: NWALJM] #3125442
05/18/20 06:14 AM
05/18/20 06:14 AM
F
fedex Offline
8 point
fedex  Offline
8 point
F
We church of Christ singing going to be a little odd with face mask on . We may have to hire a band to get over the muffles

Re: Churches and Facemasks [Re: NWALJM] #3125467
05/18/20 06:54 AM
05/18/20 06:54 AM
Guntersville
AC870 Offline
Old Mossy Horns
AC870  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Guntersville

They’re optional when our church resumes 31st.
Our church is going to a 9 a.m. service for ages 60 and up and a noon service for everyone else.
Seating every other pew. One set of pews for 9 a.m. Another for noon.

“Killing tomorrow’s trophies today.”

On the distance I like to walk to my stands:
“The first 100 yards is also the last 100 yards.”
Re: Churches and Facemasks [Re: kodiak06] #3125490
05/18/20 07:46 AM
05/18/20 07:46 AM
Hartselle, AL
N
NWALJM Offline OP
10 point
NWALJM  Offline OP
10 point
N
Hartselle, AL
Originally Posted by eskimo270
I wouldn’t worry about it yet. I might would tell my pastor that I probably won’t be attending because I won’t wear a mask but I wouldn’t cause a big fuss. There are some things that we need to take a stand on but for me, this would not be one.

That is basically my plan, I am not nor will I cause a big fuss over this to our pastors or leaders. I do believe that they are doing what they believe is the best thing, even though I may disagree with their decision. But this is not a hill worth dying on as they say.
Originally Posted by bigt
Well since someone else owns the church I would think they make the rules. Same thing at most peoples homes as businesses. If ya don't like the rules I'm sure other churches have different rules in your area (maybe)

The church building is owned by the “congregation “ not a person usually. I would make my position known to the pastor and deacons as a member of the congregation and go from there .

The point was HE don't own it lol. Either way, it's a choice to attend...

Who do you think pays the light bill, pastors salary, etc? The title to the building may not be in the name of the church's lay people but they dang sure keep it from going back to the bank.

Re: Churches and Facemasks [Re: NWALJM] #3125501
05/18/20 07:59 AM
05/18/20 07:59 AM
Camden, AL
S
SwampHunter Online content
10 point
SwampHunter  Online Content
10 point
S
Camden, AL
I don't think that anyone that really wants to go into the Lord's house will let a mask slow them down.

Re: Churches and Facemasks [Re: NWALJM] #3125505
05/18/20 08:08 AM
05/18/20 08:08 AM
HSV AL
jmudler Offline
Freak of Nature
jmudler  Offline
Freak of Nature
HSV AL
Church ownership comment made me thing of something funny. Our pastor and I are friends. We were on a camp retreat a last year and we were talking about insurance or loan paperwork cant remember. In the the section of the form where it listed owner, he entered Jesus Christ. I laughed, and the said whats so funny.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Re: Churches and Facemasks [Re: NWALJM] #3125516
05/18/20 08:24 AM
05/18/20 08:24 AM
Highland Home, Al
S
Squadron77 Online content
10 point
Squadron77  Online Content
10 point
S
Highland Home, Al
The Bible has many stories of people being isolated because of disease to protect the congregation.

Re: Churches and Facemasks [Re: NWALJM] #3125519
05/18/20 08:29 AM
05/18/20 08:29 AM
hattiesburg,ms
F
filespinner Offline
4 point
filespinner  Offline
4 point
F
hattiesburg,ms
In my town it is mandated that you wear a mask to go into any public building. I don't really care for it, but if it keeps some asymptomatic carrier of Covid from giving it to an elderly person or someone who is immunocompromised, its worth it to me. Its really not that big of a deal to wear a mask.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.