</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Taylormade irons and Ping 3W
by BamaBoHunter. 04/27/24 12:40 PM
.22 LR ammo for sale
by Rem870s2. 04/27/24 10:05 AM
ISO .22 pistol.
by hippi. 04/27/24 06:07 AM
Cva wolf 50. Cal
by Bows4evr. 04/26/24 11:49 PM
WTB - Browning Maxus
by Okatuppa. 04/26/24 11:25 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Kansas draw
by cgardner. 04/26/24 07:15 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by Squeaky. 04/26/24 12:07 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Who's Online Now
79 registered members (JA, meats132, bamaeyedoc, coldtrail, Snuffy, Tupi, Huntn2feed5, BCLC, Beulahboy, nate409, Jstocks, AKB, RSF, Bigem1958, AHolcomb, BigEd, Bowfish, BamaBoHunter, Bronco 74, JLMiller, Raspy, Showout, seminole1, Bmyers142, hamma, Chickenrig, HappyHunter, longshot, Skullworks, Geezer, treemydog, WDE, ImThere, Muzzy76, outdoorguy88, kodiak06, dwaugh, AustinC, Narrow Gap, Flatwoods, Dog, YellaLineHunter, Shaneomac2, Backwards cowboy, trailertrash, need2hunt, M48scout, MS_Hunter, CarbonClimber1, booner, jsubrett6, dave260rem!, UA Hunter, GHTiger10, Stacey, Woody1, oldbowhunter, turfarmer, quailman, BamaFan64, Kemosabe, mcninja, oakachoy, Shmoe, Jus_me, BigA47, Ten37, Haybale, metalmuncher, Tree Dweller, 9 invisible), 864 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Lifetime license BS [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #3003808
01/05/20 06:57 PM
01/05/20 06:57 PM
Limestone county
N
nacho Offline
8 point
nacho  Offline
8 point
N
Limestone county
Yes youth is $42 and resident sportsman license (hunting and fishing) is $166 per year. Non resident is $327 I believe with the extra permit to kill does.

The secret to a long marriage is to keep on dating, just as you did before marriage. We have "date night" once a week.
Hers is Saturday, mine is Thursday.

The only time a married woman gives those is if your not married to them!
Re: Lifetime license BS [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #3003920
01/05/20 08:10 PM
01/05/20 08:10 PM
Florence, Al
A
AlabamaSwamper Offline
10 point
AlabamaSwamper  Offline
10 point
A
Florence, Al
I’m still waiting on a warden to drag a 7 year old into court

That ought to be a good story.

BTR Scorer in NW Alabama

Re: Lifetime license BS [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #3004069
01/05/20 09:55 PM
01/05/20 09:55 PM
Land of the free because of th...
mike35549 Offline
12 point
mike35549  Offline
12 point
Not really sure what other states charge for hunting liscence, or what an out of state liscence is in AL. But I would think they should be comparable to other southeastern states.

If you're gonna be stupid you better be tough.
Re: Lifetime license BS [Re: Madd] #3004146
01/05/20 11:11 PM
01/05/20 11:11 PM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there
Originally Posted by Madd
Originally Posted by Clem
Originally Posted by BigEd
Originally Posted by Ol’Tom
It is a bunch of BS. When I bought my life time, I didn’t think I’d ever have to shell out an more cash, but I did for me and 2 grandchildren. How about that for BS!

It is BS that a permit must be bought for kids that aren't old enough to need a license.

Not requiring anyone 15 or younger to purchase a hunting license but requiring them to pay for this "baiting privilege" is nothing but a money grab and attempt to jack the numbers for federal license excise tax money. It's akin to fraud.

I still maintain my belief that within a few more years we'll have required licenses for teens, like age 10-15, as a "junior license" along with segmented weapons fees for centerfire, muzzleloader, bow and crossbow. Too much money being left on the table to not go after these things.

Lot of other possibilities for mandatory fees. Fishing guides could be hit with an annual state fee. Lot of hunting lodges and guides, too.

Do other conservative state administrations routinely increase mandatory fees and impose mandatory regulations? I thought those things happened only in liberal states like California, New Jersey, New York and Illinois.

I'm sorry, but his is such an ridiculous statement to me. We actually SHOULD require that youth/senior hunters buy (or at least register/sign up for) licenses for the very reason you stated. We are not receiving a ton of Federal Excise tax funds from the Pittman Robertson Act that then go to other states because we are reporting lower hunter numbers. This is money that we have ALREADY PAID due to taxes on firearms and ammunition required by the Act. We get that money back in a proportionate amount, which is calculated by...DING DING DING...the number of licensed hunters. The fact that you are pissed that we MIGHT someday require youth/senior hunters purchase licenses is mind boggling. I'm not even actually saying they should have to pay for the license, but they should at least have to register that they intended to hunt, just so that we can show that our hunting numbers are far higher than the actual number of licenses sold. And of course the baiting privilege is a money grab, but who cares? Where do you think that money goes? It goes back into the AL DNR, which then uses it to manage our wildlife. If you have an issue with HOW the DNR manages the wildlife, that's one thing, but the only way the AL DNR gets funding is through licenses and other registration/usage fees, and then the Federal funding from Pittman Robertson. They don't receive any funds from the State.

Well aware of license fees, fed excise taxes, PR money and how it works. Have been aware of it for 30+ years.

Your PR skills are impressive.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: Lifetime license BS [Re: mike35549] #3004163
01/06/20 12:00 AM
01/06/20 12:00 AM
FL-AL
Scout308 Offline
8 point
Scout308  Offline
8 point
FL-AL
Originally Posted by mike35549
Not really sure what other states charge for hunting liscence, or what an out of state liscence is in AL. But I would think they should be comparable to other southeastern states.

Non resident All game is $320.30 and the annual baiting license is $51.00

"America First! Nothing Else Matters"
Re: Lifetime license BS [Re: Scout308] #3004204
01/06/20 07:04 AM
01/06/20 07:04 AM
USA
M
marshmud991 Offline
14 point
marshmud991  Offline
14 point
M
USA
Originally Posted by Scout308

Non resident All game is $320.30 and the annual baiting license is $51.00

Yep. I paid $381.50 for mine and around $138 2 times for my sons 2 3 day trips. No baiting permit for the kids.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chews your a$$ all day long.

Re: Lifetime license BS [Re: Clem] #3004242
01/06/20 08:12 AM
01/06/20 08:12 AM
O
Ol’Tom Offline
4 point
Ol’Tom  Offline
4 point
O

I'm sorry, but his is such an ridiculous statement to me. We actually SHOULD require that youth/senior hunters buy (or at least register/sign up for) licenses for the very reason you stated. We are not receiving a ton of Federal Excise tax funds from the Pittman Robertson Act that then go to other states because we are reporting lower hunter numbers. This is money that we have ALREADY PAID due to taxes on firearms and ammunition required by the Act. We get that money back in a proportionate amount, which is calculated by...DING DING DING...the number of licensed hunters. The fact that you are pissed that we MIGHT someday require youth/senior hunters purchase licenses is mind boggling. I'm not even actually saying they should have to pay for the license, but they should at least have to register that they intended to hunt, just so that we can show that our hunting numbers are far higher than the actual number of licenses sold. And of course the baiting privilege is a money grab, but who cares? Where do you think that money goes? It goes back into the AL DNR, which then uses it to manage our wildlife. If you have an issue with HOW the DNR manages the wildlife, that's one thing, but the only way the AL DNR gets funding is through licenses and other registration/usage fees, and then the Federal funding from Pittman Robertson. They don't receive any funds from the State.[/quote]

PR payments are based off of “License” purchased not “Permits”
The BS with the baiting privilege is you can’t really be sure what that money goes to. I don’t like the way Chucky does business!
And I payed for my license.

Re: Lifetime license BS [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #3004284
01/06/20 09:01 AM
01/06/20 09:01 AM
B'Ham
M
Madd Offline
spike
Madd  Offline
spike
M
B'Ham
Originally Posted by Madd
[quote=Clem][quote=BigEd][quote=Ol’Tom]It is a bunch of BS. When I bought my life time, I didn’t think I’d ever have to shell out an more cash, but I did for me and 2 grandchildren. How about that for BS!

Well aware of license fees, fed excise taxes, PR money and how it works. Have been aware of it for 30+ years.

Your PR skills are impressive.

I guess that's why its so confusing for me. You are clearly knowledgeable about how it all works. So why would you oppose a $5 license or something similar so that Alabama can show how many hunters it truly has and receive more federal funding?

Re: Lifetime license BS [Re: Ol’Tom] #3004289
01/06/20 09:08 AM
01/06/20 09:08 AM
B'Ham
M
Madd Offline
spike
Madd  Offline
spike
M
B'Ham
Originally Posted by Ol’Tom

I'm sorry, but his is such an ridiculous statement to me. We actually SHOULD require that youth/senior hunters buy (or at least register/sign up for) licenses for the very reason you stated. We are not receiving a ton of Federal Excise tax funds from the Pittman Robertson Act that then go to other states because we are reporting lower hunter numbers. This is money that we have ALREADY PAID due to taxes on firearms and ammunition required by the Act. We get that money back in a proportionate amount, which is calculated by...DING DING DING...the number of licensed hunters. The fact that you are pissed that we MIGHT someday require youth/senior hunters purchase licenses is mind boggling. I'm not even actually saying they should have to pay for the license, but they should at least have to register that they intended to hunt, just so that we can show that our hunting numbers are far higher than the actual number of licenses sold. And of course the baiting privilege is a money grab, but who cares? Where do you think that money goes? It goes back into the AL DNR, which then uses it to manage our wildlife. If you have an issue with HOW the DNR manages the wildlife, that's one thing, but the only way the AL DNR gets funding is through licenses and other registration/usage fees, and then the Federal funding from Pittman Robertson. They don't receive any funds from the State.

PR payments are based off of “License” purchased not “Permits”
The BS with the baiting privilege is you can’t really be sure what that money goes to. I don’t like the way Chucky does business!
And I payed for my license

I understand that PR comes from licenses and not baiting permits. I was more commenting on the statement that he could see us requiring some sort of licence for Youth hunters in the future, which I feel would be a good thing, and dislike how we don't already require it.

And sure you can't be sure exactly where the money from baiting permits go, but you could say the same about license fees as well. It all goes to the Al DNR, though, and they have to use it the same way they have to use their other funds. It's not like its a completely separate fund and they can just use it to increase their salary or something.

Last edited by Madd; 01/06/20 09:09 AM.
Re: Lifetime license BS [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #3004335
01/06/20 10:04 AM
01/06/20 10:04 AM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there

In your world, why even have restrictions? Anyone who hunts or fishes should have a license, from birth to death.

Right? Daddy takes Lil' Johnny on a dove hunt and Lil' Johnny is ecstatic about taking his BB gun, eating snacks and helping Daddy.

But first they have to get Lil' Johnny a license and Customer ID number and Happy User Experience Number and GameCheck blood test and every other thing needed for him to become a real hunter and become immersed into the system. Gotta make sure he's fully involved so the numbers will be accurate and that P-R money comes back.

And Grandpa wants to go out to his family farm one last time and maybe walk with the dogs or sit in a deer stand. He's 87 but would like one last hunt. But by gosh, he has to get his license and GameCheck number and everything else to do that so he can be counted.

If you're for this, you should be for zero exemptions for anyone for anything, ever. No military exemptions. No field trial exemptions. No exemptions for anyone on WMAs for any reason - hikers, hunters, whatever. Everyone must have their papers!

You're doing a good job of PR for the department.

As for license money, fines, permit money, fees and anything else, the Department should be posting line-item explanations of everything that is received, spent, allocated, salaries and other expenditures. The public darn well should know where the money from the "baiting privilege license" fees goes and who has access or how it's spent.

You can be sure exactly where the money from baiting permits and licenses goes with a completely transparent, open manner. That's how government agencies receiving spending taxpayer money are supposed to be run. Shrugging it off as "Oh, well, you can't be sure exactly where it goes!" is folly.

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: Lifetime license BS [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #3004339
01/06/20 10:08 AM
01/06/20 10:08 AM
Georgia
G
Geeb Offline
4 point
Geeb  Offline
4 point
G
Georgia
The state is guilty of a 'bait and switch', if they were to be taken to court over their 'adjustments' to what a lifetime license entails, they would lose. They sold licenses under a certain 'LIFETIME' set of parameters and later changed those parameters because they see a way to make more money. Straight from their website:

"LIFETIME
Resident
Alabama Game, Fish and Wildlife Law; Article 2; beginning with 9-11-65
PRIVILEGE:
• Allows residents to make a one-time purchase of hunting and/or fishing license privileges that are
valid for the lifetime of the license holder (valid if moves out-of-state)"

If they want to change the layout of lifetime license purchases from including 'one-time purchase of hunting license privileges' going forward, that would be fine. However, for those that purchased a license that was supposed to be a 'ONE-TIME' fee its b.s.. They are reneging on what they sold in the past.

Re: Lifetime license BS [Re: Geeb] #3004342
01/06/20 10:15 AM
01/06/20 10:15 AM
USA
R
Remington270 Offline
Freak of Nature
Remington270  Offline
Freak of Nature
R
USA
Originally Posted by Geeb
The state is guilty of a 'bait and switch', if they were to be taken to court over their 'adjustments' to what a lifetime license entails, they would lose. They sold licenses under a certain 'LIFETIME' set of parameters and later changed those parameters because they see a way to make more money. Straight from their website:

"LIFETIME
Resident
PRIVILEGE:
• Allows residents to make a one-time purchase of hunting and/or fishing license privileges that are

If they want to change the layout of lifetime license purchases from including 'one-time purchase of hunting license privileges' going forward, that would be fine. However, for those that purchased a license that was supposed to be a 'ONE-TIME' fee its b.s.. They are reneging on what they sold in the past.

Bingo. Lifetime privileges. No exceptions. The department is going back on their word.

Re: Lifetime license BS [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #3004343
01/06/20 10:16 AM
01/06/20 10:16 AM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there

I don't know, Geeb.

Ol' Madd makes a good case for everyone needing a hunting or fishing license regardless of age, military background or anything else.

That license structure needs to be reworked and anyone - from birth to death - who hunts or fishes must get their papers and pay their fair share.

It's only fair for them regardless of age do their part to help the greater good. That crazy "lifetime license" thing probably should go away, too. You paid a little bit 20, 30 years ago! You're a teat-sucking leech not helping your fellow man and the greater good.

That must end. Everyone will need to have their papers.

Re: Lifetime license BS [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #3004345
01/06/20 10:18 AM
01/06/20 10:18 AM
alabama
BhamFred Offline
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Offline
Freak of Nature
alabama
exactly Clem, exactly. We don't need more restrictions. Anyone who thinks we need a license for children to hunt, at any cost, is a fkn idiot.

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one
Re: Lifetime license BS [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #3004351
01/06/20 10:28 AM
01/06/20 10:28 AM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there

YOU PAY YOUR SWEET 4-YEAR-OLD GRANDCHILD'S FAIR SHARE, FRED!

Re: Lifetime license BS [Re: Geeb] #3004364
01/06/20 10:39 AM
01/06/20 10:39 AM
mike35549 Offline
12 point
mike35549  Offline
12 point

"LIFETIME
Resident
PRIVILEGE:

Do you not still get the privilege of hunting and/or fishing with your lifetime liscence.

Re: Lifetime license BS [Re: Clem] #3004380
01/06/20 10:58 AM
01/06/20 10:58 AM
O
Ol’Tom Offline
4 point
Ol’Tom  Offline
4 point
O

In your world, why even have restrictions? Anyone who hunts or fishes should have a license, from birth to death.

Right? Daddy takes Lil' Johnny on a dove hunt and Lil' Johnny is ecstatic about taking his BB gun, eating snacks and helping Daddy.

But first they have to get Lil' Johnny a license and Customer ID number and Happy User Experience Number and GameCheck blood test and every other thing needed for him to become a real hunter and become immersed into the system. Gotta make sure he's fully involved so the numbers will be accurate and that P-R money comes back.

And Grandpa wants to go out to his family farm one last time and maybe walk with the dogs or sit in a deer stand. He's 87 but would like one last hunt. But by gosh, he has to get his license and GameCheck number and everything else to do that so he can be counted.

If you're for this, you should be for zero exemptions for anyone for anything, ever. No military exemptions. No field trial exemptions. No exemptions for anyone on WMAs for any reason - hikers, hunters, whatever. Everyone must have their papers!

You're doing a good job of PR for the department.

As for license money, fines, permit money, fees and anything else, the Department should be posting line-item explanations of everything that is received, spent, allocated, salaries and other expenditures. The public darn well should know where the money from the "baiting privilege license" fees goes and who has access or how it's spent.

You can be sure exactly where the money from baiting permits and licenses goes with a completely transparent, open manner. That's how government agencies receiving spending taxpayer money are supposed to be run. Shrugging it off as "Oh, well, you can't be sure exactly where it goes!" is folly.

Clem hit the bullseye on those last 2 paragraphs.
The Department is being managed like it’s run by politicians. Tax dollars being spent for Forever Wild land, then used for special interest ie. SOA, not available to all.
And what about hikers,bikers, bird watchers, & tree huggers what are they paying to use our resources.
I wished more hunters cared how the money is spent, and demanded an explanation from leaders.
FOLLOW THE MONEY

Re: Lifetime license BS [Re: mike35549] #3004396
01/06/20 11:19 AM
01/06/20 11:19 AM
Satsuma
kodiak06 Online content
Booner
kodiak06  Online Content
Booner
Satsuma

"LIFETIME
Resident
PRIVILEGE:

Do you not still get the privilege of hunting and/or fishing with your lifetime liscence.

yes

Re: Lifetime license BS [Re: mike35549] #3004398
01/06/20 11:20 AM
01/06/20 11:20 AM
USA
R
Remington270 Offline
Freak of Nature
Remington270  Offline
Freak of Nature
R
USA

No, not all privileges. Only some.

Re: Lifetime license BS [Re: Remington270] #3004400
01/06/20 11:22 AM
01/06/20 11:22 AM
mike35549 Offline
12 point
mike35549  Offline
12 point
Originally Posted by Remington270

No, not all privileges. Only some.

Do you not get all the privileges with your lifetime liscence that I get with my liscence I purchased this year.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.