</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
<*> 1911 Spring Cleaning <*>
by BCLC. 04/26/24 07:41 PM
Trade
by AustinC. 04/26/24 07:31 PM
For trade: cases of 12ga target for 20 ga
by Garndawg. 04/26/24 05:07 PM
WTB Ollie Baker Mainspring Winder (with clamps)
by BamaGuitarDude. 04/26/24 04:24 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Kansas draw
by cgardner. 04/26/24 07:15 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by Squeaky. 04/26/24 12:07 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Kansas Muzzleloader/Bow
by Letshunt. 04/11/24 03:15 PM
Who's Online Now
136 registered members (timberman56, Jstocks, Ridge Life, globe, timberwolfe, deerkiller25, lectrode, Gobble4me757, Scdoghunter667, BeakBuster1500, 3bailey3, dquick1, YellaLineHunter, DuckDown11, Nowlide, cdaddy14, Jdkprp70, BearBranch, Chiller, GATA87, BigA47, 7x57_Mauser, BCLC, Standbanger, Auburn1716, dtmwtp, goodman_hunter, donia, quailman, Scout308, DHW, Prohunter3509, jake44, BrandonClark, Turkey, IDOT, quickshot, CCC, curt99rsv, JohnG, Snuffy, CKyleC, BrentsFX4, hayman, top cat, headshot, TexasHuntress, Mbrock, turfarmer, klay, jhardy, JA, weatherby, NotsoBright, abolt300, bamabeagler, General, 270 guru, mossyback, woodduck, Solothurn, Paddlejon, apolloslade, MarksOutdoors, 2walnuts, Herbie, gatorbait154, brett.smith, Floorman1, Rockhound, Bustinbeards, canichols424, CNC, GomerPyle, furnfeather, AUdeerhunter, jeffhhub, Softailrider00, Justice, jchurch, Ray_Coon, NWFJ, deadeye48, Whild_Bill, RidgeRanger, crenshawco, Andalusia, Hotrod20, Turkeyneck78, MC21, kaferhaus, Herdbull, hyco, giftedkiller, bambam32, AustinC, HHSyelper, jaredhunts, BobK, Droptine-13, Cynical, MS_Hunter, sj22, DoeMaster, HappyHunter, FX4, AU338MAG, slanddeerhunter, Drycreek, !shiloh!, wareagle22, ImThere, AJones, Lung_buster, CouchNapper, VERACITY, russellb, SC53, oakachoy, UncleHuck, longshot, JCL, brushwhacker, 13 invisible), 1,086 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Hard to be a daddy 4 days a month [Re: buck_buster] #2903453
09/13/19 12:58 PM
09/13/19 12:58 PM
Montgomery
bamaeyedoc Offline
Old Mossy Horns
bamaeyedoc  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Montgomery
Hang in there Buck. Do what you can and know that at the end of the day, you have done all you could do. The family court system is so jacked up around here it's pathetic. Drug addicted moms getting custody of children they gave up to good, loving, and safe homes. Adulterous and physically and mentally abusive dads with records getting off with minimum child support even though they make 300+K/year AND joint custody of kids they abused. It's repulsive.

Dr. B

AKA: “Dr. B”
Aldeer #121
8-3-2000
Proud alum of AUM, UAB, and UA
Member of Team 10 Point
2023-2024 ALdeer Deer Contest Winners

Glennis Jerome "Jerry" Harris
1938-2017
UGA Class of 1960
BS/MS Forestry
LTJG, USNR

Re: Hard to be a daddy 4 days a month [Re: buck_buster] #2903604
09/13/19 03:40 PM
09/13/19 03:40 PM
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...
bill Offline
Freak of Nature
bill  Offline
Freak of Nature
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...
I'm not saying this will work for everyone but it will work more times than not, I would bet. I got divorced about 11 years ago and we didn't like, respect or love each other. My ex wife told me she was going to ask for full custody and that I'd be welcome to see my daughter whenever I wanted. She wanted full custody so she wouldn't have to worry about the courts if she decided to move but it was really to drive home the point of me being a bad husband . She was hurt and angry and wanted me to suffer. She knew me and knew I wasn't going to give her full custody but she also knew I didn't really have the money for a long custody battle because at the same time we were going through the divorce, I was losing my business of 15 years.

I was just transitioning into my current profession and rebuilding income and could barely afford the essentials at the time but I knew I'd rebuild eventually and be financially stable again. I decided to take a different path than most and asked her to go to dinner one night to discuss the divorce and all the things we would need to deal with as a result. I wanted to figure out a way to make this as easy as possible for my daughter. So, when we got to dinner I told her I wanted to figure out what she wanted and I would do my best to accommodate her if possible. That eased the tension to start. Then I wrote down all of our assets and possessions and asked her what she thought was fair. She wanted nearly everything we owned and wanted to split the equity in our home which was around 75k. I told her she could have everything and we'd split the equity just as she wanted but under one condition. I looked her in her eyes and told her that she knew I would never settle for being an every other weekend father and that I intended to be a nearly every day presence in my daughter's life. I told her that if she would agree to joint custody and no set visitation schedule that I'd agree to give her what she wanted materially. I say all of this knowing that she really didn't want to keep me from my daughter so none of this will probably work on a truly vindictive, selfish person. She was still concerned about the moving part if she agreed to joint custody but I told her if it was a better financial situation for her I wouldn't stop them but she could be sure that where ever she moved, I'd be right behind her moving too. We both agreed and it was settled.

I know I could have fought and gotten more of the assets and still gotten joint custody but would anything I did truly be helping my daughter or would it be just to satisfy my own greed and need for retribution. I figured I could rebuild and replace assets easier than my ex wife (teacher) and anything I gave her would be a help to my daughter so I didn't worry about vehicles, furniture or anything else because I kept focused on what was the main goal which was having a good, consistent relationship with my daughter. That flies in the face of the conventional wisdom of "get a lawyer and fight her for every dime and don't get taken advantage of" . If you decide to fight for everything don't be surprised when your ex fights back with the things that matter most to you. Yes, it's wrong and selfish but it's reality more times than not. If you decide to fight and wind up with everything except a relationship with your children, what did you really win or hang onto that was so important that it made it worth it?

In the last 10 years I've moved 3 times for my ex to pursue better jobs. I've helped her and her 2nd husband move and they've helped me move. I've been at every school function and sporting event my daughter has ever had. I pick her up and eat dinner with her nearly every night. I don't ask to go get my daughter and I don't ask before scheduling our vacations other than making sure it doesn't conflict with my ex's schedule. I go get my daughter whenever I want. My daughter knows I support her mother when it comes to parenting and vice versa. I talk to my ex regularly in regards to my daughter and the decisions we need to make for her. It's taken years but she realizes that me being an every day part of my daughter's life has been good for my daughter. It's definitely been good for me.

So, if you want to go about things in the traditional manner then have at it and strap your gloves on and duke it out with the attorneys and the courts. Just don't be shocked when it goes the way it has traditionally gone. Decide what's really important and then go figure out how to make it happen. It might mean putting your pride aside and putting your children ahead of yourself but you, and your children , will be happier in the long run. I was lucky in the fact my ex knew my daughter needed her father so I understand that the approach I took won't work if the woman you're dealing with doesn't care for the children as much as she cares about her self.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard
Re: Hard to be a daddy 4 days a month [Re: buck_buster] #2903605
09/13/19 03:42 PM
09/13/19 03:42 PM
Tuscaloosa
H
hawndog Offline
8 point
hawndog  Offline
8 point
H
Tuscaloosa
I have a family member that is staying in a bad marriage largely due to the messed up legal system that is biased against fathers. I tried to talk to him and help him get out, but he will not because of the fear of loosing his kids. THIS HAS TO BE FIXED!!!

Re: Hard to be a daddy 4 days a month [Re: bill] #2903618
09/13/19 04:07 PM
09/13/19 04:07 PM
Hamilton/Auburn
Shotts Offline
8 point
Shotts  Offline
8 point
Hamilton/Auburn
Originally Posted by bill
I'm not saying this will work for everyone but it will work more times than not, I would bet. I got divorced about 11 years ago and we didn't like, respect or love each other. My ex wife told me she was going to ask for full custody and that I'd be welcome to see my daughter whenever I wanted. She wanted full custody so she wouldn't have to worry about the courts if she decided to move but it was really to drive home the point of me being a bad husband . She was hurt and angry and wanted me to suffer. She knew me and knew I wasn't going to give her full custody but she also knew I didn't really have the money for a long custody battle because at the same time we were going through the divorce, I was losing my business of 15 years.

I was just transitioning into my current profession and rebuilding income and could barely afford the essentials at the time but I knew I'd rebuild eventually and be financially stable again. I decided to take a different path than most and asked her to go to dinner one night to discuss the divorce and all the things we would need to deal with as a result. I wanted to figure out a way to make this as easy as possible for my daughter. So, when we got to dinner I told her I wanted to figure out what she wanted and I would do my best to accommodate her if possible. That eased the tension to start. Then I wrote down all of our assets and possessions and asked her what she thought was fair. She wanted nearly everything we owned and wanted to split the equity in our home which was around 75k. I told her she could have everything and we'd split the equity just as she wanted but under one condition. I looked her in her eyes and told her that she knew I would never settle for being an every other weekend father and that I intended to be a nearly every day presence in my daughter's life. I told her that if she would agree to joint custody and no set visitation schedule that I'd agree to give her what she wanted materially. I say all of this knowing that she really didn't want to keep me from my daughter so none of this will probably work on a truly vindictive, selfish person. She was still concerned about the moving part if she agreed to joint custody but I told her if it was a better financial situation for her I wouldn't stop them but she could be sure that where ever she moved, I'd be right behind her moving too. We both agreed and it was settled.

I know I could have fought and gotten more of the assets and still gotten joint custody but would anything I did truly be helping my daughter or would it be just to satisfy my own greed and need for retribution. I figured I could rebuild and replace assets easier than my ex wife (teacher) and anything I gave her would be a help to my daughter so I didn't worry about vehicles, furniture or anything else because I kept focused on what was the main goal which was having a good, consistent relationship with my daughter. That flies in the face of the conventional wisdom of "get a lawyer and fight her for every dime and don't get taken advantage of" . If you decide to fight for everything don't be surprised when your ex fights back with the things that matter most to you. Yes, it's wrong and selfish but it's reality more times than not. If you decide to fight and wind up with everything except a relationship with your children, what did you really win or hang onto that was so important that it made it worth it?

In the last 10 years I've moved 3 times for my ex to pursue better jobs. I've helped her and her 2nd husband move and they've helped me move. I've been at every school function and sporting event my daughter has ever had. I pick her up and eat dinner with her nearly every night. I don't ask to go get my daughter and I don't ask before scheduling our vacations other than making sure it doesn't conflict with my ex's schedule. I go get my daughter whenever I want. My daughter knows I support her mother when it comes to parenting and vice versa. I talk to my ex regularly in regards to my daughter and the decisions we need to make for her. It's taken years but she realizes that me being an every day part of my daughter's life has been good for my daughter. It's definitely been good for me.

So, if you want to go about things in the traditional manner then have at it and strap your gloves on and duke it out with the attorneys and the courts. Just don't be shocked when it goes the way it has traditionally gone. Decide what's really important and then go figure out how to make it happen. It might mean putting your pride aside and putting your children ahead of yourself but you, and your children , will be happier in the long run. I was lucky in the fact my ex knew my daughter needed her father so I understand that the approach I took won't work if the woman you're dealing with doesn't care for the children as much as she cares about her self.

These are words of wisdom from a father, if this approach will work it is best. I tried exactly this and it did not work for me but if you can get this approach to work it will make an immeasurable difference in your childs life.

Life is difficult
Science prevails over bulldoodoo and superstition every time
UPDATE: Hard to be a daddy 4 days a month [Re: buck_buster] #2905676
09/16/19 11:05 AM
09/16/19 11:05 AM
Alabama
B
buck_buster Offline OP
10 point
buck_buster  Offline OP
10 point
B
Alabama
I want yall to keep praying.

Had some good news come in today.

His mother text me and stated DHR suppose to contact for some reason (she tried to down play it)

I have contacted my lawyer, he is in court today... but his assistant stated that he would call me asap...

I hope I can keep you updated on my story. Keep praying and thank you all for all the kind words and prayers. God showing out this Monday!

Last edited by buck_buster; 09/16/19 11:06 AM.

I love the rut. The woods are like a bunch of roided up meatheads fighting over a girl.
Re: UPDATE: Hard to be a daddy 4 days a month [Re: buck_buster] #2905693
09/16/19 11:18 AM
09/16/19 11:18 AM
North Alabama
W
Wiley Coyote Offline
Freak of Nature
Wiley Coyote  Offline
Freak of Nature
W
North Alabama
Praying for you and your little one

I firmly believe that a double gallows should be constructed on the East Lawn of The White House. Politicians who willfully and shamelessly violate their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America should be swiftly tried and, upon conviction, publicly hanged at sunup the day after conviction. If multiple convicts are to be hanged they can choose with whom to share the gallows or names shall be drawn from the hangman's hat to be hanged 2 at a time.

NRA Life Member
Re: Hard to be a daddy 4 days a month [Re: Shotts] #2905736
09/16/19 12:13 PM
09/16/19 12:13 PM
AL
BamaGuitarDude Offline
12 point
BamaGuitarDude  Offline
12 point
AL
Originally Posted by bill
I'm not saying this will work for everyone but it will work more times than not, I would bet. I got divorced about 11 years ago and we didn't like, respect or love each other. [snip] I was lucky in the fact my ex knew my daughter needed her father so I understand that the approach I took won't work if the woman you're dealing with doesn't care for the children as much as she cares about her self.

you did get very lucky & it also sounds like you got to your ex before a lawyer got in her head ... i wish i had been afforded that opportunity; trying to negotiate like you did AFTER a lawyer gets ahold of a woman is near about impossible

prayers for you, BB; i hope it works out for you ... i will say that i've figure out a way to get creative with being in constant communication with my children, in spite of the fact that i physically only get them 4 days/month ... it was a very difficult transition, if you care anything about parenting & having a family ... no legal document or situation can ever stop you from being the kid's Dad -- remember that -- and make sure your kid knows that, too ...

Last edited by BamaGuitarDude; 09/16/19 12:35 PM.

ALDeer physics: for every opinion, there's an equal & opposite opinion

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Re: Hard to be a daddy 4 days a month [Re: buck_buster] #2905810
09/16/19 01:30 PM
09/16/19 01:30 PM
Eclectic
DoeNut Offline
8 point
DoeNut  Offline
8 point
Eclectic
Praying for you man!

Re: Hard to be a daddy 4 days a month [Re: buck_buster] #2905816
09/16/19 01:41 PM
09/16/19 01:41 PM
HSV AL
jmudler Offline
Freak of Nature
jmudler  Offline
Freak of Nature
HSV AL
Prayers for the best situation for the child.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.