</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
ISO gas golf cart
by Paint Rock 00. 04/27/24 06:55 PM
Taylormade irons and Ping 3W
by BamaBoHunter. 04/27/24 12:40 PM
.22 LR ammo for sale
by Rem870s2. 04/27/24 10:05 AM
ISO .22 pistol.
by hippi. 04/27/24 06:07 AM
Cva wolf 50. Cal
by Bows4evr. 04/26/24 11:49 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Kansas draw
by Hunter454. 04/27/24 06:05 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by Squeaky. 04/26/24 12:07 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Who's Online Now
15 registered members (auman, Luke Stepp, BCLC, jake5050, Kemosabe, handihunter, Tigger85, Turkeyhunter12, trailertrash, JD_Bowhunter1976, BC_Reb, NoHuntin, Butchman205, 2 invisible), 811 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: Todd1700] #2402232
02/09/18 07:13 AM
02/09/18 07:13 AM
In a swamp
M
Mudbug01 Offline
spike
Mudbug01  Offline
spike
M
In a swamp
Originally Posted by Todd1700
Originally Posted by jhardy
Originally Posted by goodman_hunter
On the flip side though. Once they skin you up. I can argue with you ( a nurse) about what you should do medically. That'd be par for the course wouldn't it.

The representation on this site by a lot of the dog guys will end up being their complete undoing eventually. Very few showed logical presentations like Hyco did. Some appear to just wanna kill you on your land after they and their dog trespassed. SMH.

When dog hunting goes the way of the Dodo bird I will genuinely feel sorry for the minority of guys out there trying to do it right. Hell my family did it for years. But when it is gone they can look back at every dog thread at forums like this one and see the very people who caused it to become illegal. The "I'll run my dogs where I please and beat your ass or kill you if you don't f##king like it" crowd is going to be the death of the sport. They lose support every time they post in threads like this one.

Ding Ding Winner !!! And Todd your right they dont get it. You should have seen the look on the Kids (31 yr old mans) face when he was all going to beat my ass on my little home sed and I got out of the jeep and I was a half a foot taller and a 100 pound larger and had a 454 casual in his face..

Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: AC870] #2402238
02/09/18 07:29 AM
02/09/18 07:29 AM
Elmore County
T
treemydog Offline
8 point
treemydog  Offline
8 point
T
Elmore County
Originally Posted by AC870
My neighbor has a big ol yaller Lab. I got small acreage here at the house but I got greenfield, stand, feeder, camera and try to keep a few deer around. Hunt em a little. Enjoy getting pictures of them.
This damn yaller Lab runs all over my place. Chits under my stand. Takes a piss on my trail cam.
I’ve almost gone over and said “Look, if I wanted a big yaller Lab on my place, I’d own a big yaller Lab.” But I haven’t because my neighbor is a good guy, works hard, minds his own business and his kids love that ol dog. I don’t want to get in a pissing contest over the dog and have hard feelings. I just let it go.
I was a hard ass about stuff like this in my youth.
But my relationship with my neighbor, even though we’re casual friends at best, means more to me than the dog.
I guess I say all this to say the golden rule needs to apply somewhere and we need to treat each other like we want to be treated.
Come on folks.

This has my vote for the most practical thing said in this conversation.

You gonna pull them pistols, or whistle Dixie?
Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: treemydog] #2402251
02/09/18 07:44 AM
02/09/18 07:44 AM
In a swamp
M
Mudbug01 Offline
spike
Mudbug01  Offline
spike
M
In a swamp
Originally Posted by treemydog
Originally Posted by AC870
My neighbor has a big ol yaller Lab. I got small acreage here at the house but I got greenfield, stand, feeder, camera and try to keep a few deer around. Hunt em a little. Enjoy getting pictures of them.
This damn yaller Lab runs all over my place. Chits under my stand. Takes a piss on my trail cam.
I’ve almost gone over and said “Look, if I wanted a big yaller Lab on my place, I’d own a big yaller Lab.” But I haven’t because my neighbor is a good guy, works hard, minds his own business and his kids love that ol dog. I don’t want to get in a pissing contest over the dog and have hard feelings. I just let it go.
I was a hard ass about stuff like this in my youth.
But my relationship with my neighbor, even though we’re casual friends at best, means more to me than the dog.
I guess I say all this to say the golden rule needs to apply somewhere and we need to treat each other like we want to be treated.
Come on folks.

This has my vote for the most practical thing said in this conversation.

Yes it is But this subject is painted with a wide brush. We. Are not talking about the neighborhood pets here. We are talking about guys that think because they got a hunting license and paid dues in a club , they have a right to hunt where ever the "Dogs"hunt.. We are talking about plain old fashioned respect.. my neighbors dogs are on our place all the time yes some times it pisses me off when I have a particular Buck Im after and they run him out. But most of my neighbors hunt and if I tell them the dogs are roaming they put them up MOST of them do it. I still dont shoot any dog unless its a problem. Then Im going to shoot it and I dont care if it has orange paint on his side with 2 tracking collars and a speaker saying dogs owner is in a dog hunting gang and will kill you if you hurt me.. I dont care its SHOT....

Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2402263
02/09/18 07:57 AM
02/09/18 07:57 AM
Conecuh, AL
B
Backporch Offline
8 point
Backporch  Offline
8 point
B
Conecuh, AL
I keep a BB gun handy for unwanted dogs on my property when you bust that arse they have tendency to remember. One walker hound (slow learner) still cuts across my backyard at a fast pace so I pepper around him with a 22 and put him in high gear.

Antisocial behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world of conformists....Tesla
Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2402270
02/09/18 08:04 AM
02/09/18 08:04 AM
Elmore County
T
treemydog Offline
8 point
treemydog  Offline
8 point
T
Elmore County
Although I only hunt small game with my two squirrel dogs, all I ask of any fellow sportsman is that IF for some crazy reason one or both of my dogs winds up somewhere they shouldn't (and, yes, I've lost contact a time or two with both of my dogs before with my Garmin tracking system, I assume due to terrain) please, please give me a chance to retrieve them or call them back without blowing them away. I don't blame a person for getting ticked over a reoccurring situation or a blatant abuse, but a one-time deal, in my mind, would be hard to get too mad over for most level-headed folks.

Me and my boy were squirrel hunting at Coosa WMA after Christmas. While we were hunting, a cur came to my two dogs while we were treed and dealing with a squirrel. My dogs were really in good voice that day, so we let them tree for several minutes, figuring that the other hunter would come get his dog. The dog had a tracking collar that was 'on' and a name and number plate on the regular collar, but I'd not heard a single peep out of other dogs or folks in the area. After 15 minutes, I didn't know exactly what to do. I figured the dog hadn't been abandoned, since there were collars on him, so we released them to hunt, and the other dog followed us as we made out quick loop and headed back to the truck. The other dog looked young and was hunting, but wasn't really doing a whole lot... I figured that he was mostly still in a training phase. We were on our last tree, close to the truck when the guy pulled up on the woods road near us. He apologized for the inconvenience, and told me he was right at a quarter-mile past out farthest point of the loop. He said when my dogs treed, his dog went straight to them. The dog's collar was only a tracker (no electricity) so he couldn't turn him back.

No harm, no foul, but in a situation like that, the other guy did everything right, and still his dog got out of pocket. There are situations where well meaning folks TRY to do the right thing, and a dog may still get out of place. Just don't let that one-time, low odds scenario put an end to a good dog.

Last edited by treemydog; 02/09/18 08:07 AM.

You gonna pull them pistols, or whistle Dixie?
Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: Jakethesnake] #2402402
02/09/18 10:13 AM
02/09/18 10:13 AM
the Flatwoods
F
Fldoghunter Offline
6 point
Fldoghunter  Offline
6 point
F
the Flatwoods
Originally Posted by Jakethesnake
I understand just fine. I also know rite from wrong and dont abuse animals. My aunts dog just got killed from bothering hunters too much. She was in the wrong. Not the hunters. She had a pet that roamed onto someone elses property so they killed it. I cant blame anyone but my aunt. They killed it cause it came walking by their stand. Which was maybe 1/4 mile from the dogs yard. The dog had no interest in deer and wasnt bothering deer. They owned the land and didnt want it loose so they shot it and left it laying and wouldnt tell us. Hey we shoulda not let it roam. It was a huge siberian husky. Her dogs dont roam anymore. No problems. And talking about me not knowing about dogs....are you a vet doctor???? They put people in prison killing dogs under your actions. Go kill all you want. Just dont advertise it to me then argue about morals to me

It blows my mind that anybody is ok with that. Is your aunt ok with it? That's the kind of crap that looks bad on ALL hunters.

May the sound of hounds never die!
Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2402451
02/09/18 11:07 AM
02/09/18 11:07 AM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
yea fldoghunter. Kinda blows my mind. He says they wouldnt tell them. UH yea, cause its illegal.

Its pretty telling how this thread has gone. When i mentioned that the dog hunter MIGHT approach the situation with the same flawed logic they used. They acted like i was trying to cancel Christmas. How dare i even mention something like that.Then the dog shooters lectured me about killing my own dogs, before they get a chance to shoot the dog themselves. And before admitting defeat, now they wanna throw the old "when dog hunting is gone its our fault"line. Pretty sad. Let me explain how dumb that sounds. Dog hunting will not be stopped in my lifetime and probaly not even in my grandkids lifetime, deer dogging, MAYBE. But not dog hunting. So I'll be dog hunting for the rest of my life. But how much hunting are they gonna be doing when they catch a felony?

However, there has been some great advice given in this thread, on both sides of the argument. But the rest of the folks might wanna read my 2nd paragraph again and let that sink in.

Last edited by goodman_hunter; 02/09/18 11:10 AM.

For without victory, there is no survival
Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: Todd1700] #2402467
02/09/18 11:22 AM
02/09/18 11:22 AM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
You roll up on me looking for trouble don't get out empty handed. Cause I won't be.

Yea youd be holding your azz that i handed you, just like i did in this thread.

Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2402522
02/09/18 12:34 PM
02/09/18 12:34 PM
Lamar
F
Fishduck Offline
8 point
Fishduck  Offline
8 point
F
Lamar
There is really only one conclusion to this thread. About dogs and shooting dogs people do not think logically. Even on an internet forum, the emotion boils out. Shooting dogs can end badly and SSS isn't always foolproof.

Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: goodman_hunter] #2402632
02/09/18 02:48 PM
02/09/18 02:48 PM
Pine Hill, Al
T
Todd1700 Offline
12 point
Todd1700  Offline
12 point
T
Pine Hill, Al
You roll up on me looking for trouble don't get out empty handed. Cause I won't be.

Yea youd be holding your azz that i handed you, just like i did in this thread.

Please you couldn't find your own ass with a stick and a magnifying glass much less hand anybody else their's. But cheer up. You can always go shoot some puppies to get your mind off how bad you have looked in this thread.

The best index to a person’s character is (a) how he treats people who can’t do him any good, and (b) how he treats people who can’t fight back.
- Abigail van Buren
Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: goodman_hunter] #2402783
02/09/18 06:42 PM
02/09/18 06:42 PM
Slapout AL
junglemedic Offline
4 point
junglemedic  Offline
4 point
Slapout AL
Frankly I just find it kinda embarrassing. That some piss poor illegal and dangerous advice can be given and accepted on a public message board. I mean if your child come in and said, Dad. The neighbors lab got out and is in our yard. Would y'all just go out there and kill it. Hell naw. If someone cuts me off in traffic, I ain't allowed to just run them off the road, and slap their kids around.

Telling someone to shoot someone else's dog is TERRIBLE advice.

So why y'all acting like I'm the A-hole here? Which one of y'all wouldn't be pissed if I just walked up and kicked the chit of your dog, cause it was in my way?

Because you ARE the A-Hole here! Anybody who throws a puppy in the river because it doesn't hunt the first time out of the truck and bitches about people who suggest killing a grown dog that runs deer on their land is frankly off in the head. A freaking dead dog is a dead dog. You are living by double standers. You talk about it being Illegal to kill someones dog well hell I am pretty sure it's Illegal to chunk puppies in the river too.

" I don't kill innocent animals, only the ones who look guilty"
Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2402816
02/09/18 07:17 PM
02/09/18 07:17 PM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
For the record. I've never thrown a dog in the river. Its like an urban legend. I don't have any hunting dogs. I do know a lot of dog breeders. I'm only suspicious of one of them. I'm sure stuff like this goes on. But that ain't a "dog hunter" thing. They say it's same principle as putting cats in a garbage bag. People do it so technically they ain't killing it, guess it helps them mentally or something, I don't know. Just something I read. To me it ain't to far removed from folks that shoot folks pets. That's why I said it. So now y'all ask all the other dog killers in this thread the same question y'all asked me, with the same conviction. Why don't you hold them accountable.

I've never ever knowingly killed a puppy, or ever caused one to die, that's the gods honest truth, I put that on my momma!

Next?

Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2402827
02/09/18 07:23 PM
02/09/18 07:23 PM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
PS jungle nurse

You quoted the wrong post, I mentioned none of that in the post you quoted. Maybe it's just so you can call me the A-hole here. But maybe if you could keep up, I wouldn't have to bring to your attention. By that point in the convo there'd already been a bunch of dog killing in this thread. Maybe you forget about that though.

Last edited by goodman_hunter; 02/09/18 07:24 PM.

Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2402850
02/09/18 07:48 PM
02/09/18 07:48 PM
AL
J
jhardy Offline
6 point
jhardy  Offline
6 point
J
AL
goodman_hunter, serious question here. Do you regularly call in and talk with Paul Finebaum on his show by chance?

Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: goodman_hunter] #2402865
02/09/18 08:04 PM
02/09/18 08:04 PM
Slapout AL
junglemedic Offline
4 point
junglemedic  Offline
4 point
Slapout AL
PS jungle nurse

You quoted the wrong post, I mentioned none of that in the post you quoted. Maybe it's just so you can call me the A-hole here. But maybe if you could keep up, I wouldn't have to bring to your attention. By that point in the convo there'd already been a bunch of dog killing in this thread. Maybe you forget about that though.

Your'e a funny guy. What happened for you to have such hatred for Nurse's? Did you loose your girlfriend to one? Did you throw her puppy in the river? For the record I do agree that you shouldn't kill another mans dog for coming on your property but you should at least have a man to man talk with him.

" I don't kill innocent animals, only the ones who look guilty"
Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2405129
02/11/18 10:39 PM
02/11/18 10:39 PM
jasper
243Win Offline
4 point
243Win  Offline
4 point
jasper
I just hope no one shoots one of my coon dogs. I don't know what I'd do and don't want to find out.

Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2405518
02/12/18 12:07 PM
02/12/18 12:07 PM
Kennedy, al
G
globe Offline
Booner
globe  Offline
Booner
G
Kennedy, al
I might as well chime in. I grew up dog hunting and still miss it, but too many people are against it for one reason or another.
I've had rabbitt beagles on my place 4-5 times this year without my permission. I know the guys, but try to get along (locals). As much as I love dog hunting, it crossed my mind to catch them and take them to the pound. I really don't want them running and barking on me, period. Why should I play nice and put up with it? So I'm forced to either shut up and like it or be an asshole. They've put me in a lose/lose situation, and that's ONE reason dog hunting is being phased out.

Everything woke turns to shucks
Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: 243Win] #2405612
02/12/18 01:02 PM
02/12/18 01:02 PM
USA
M
marshmud991 Offline
14 point
marshmud991  Offline
14 point
M
USA
Originally Posted by 243Win
I just hope no one shoots one of my coon dogs. I don't know what I'd do and don't want to find out.

Keep your coon dogs on your property and under your control and you never have to worry about what you would or would not do. It really is pretty simple. I'm just an ole marsh rat and even I can figure that out.
slap

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chews your a$$ all day long.

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.